[Released] FM2010 Sound Pack

Had this in another thread but couldnt find this thread...:)

1. Copy the match_sounds.cfg from the soundpack to the x:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2011\data\events\ folder and replace the one inthere. DONT COPY THE EVENTS.CFG!!!

2. Copy the sound folder to x:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2011\data folder...click yes to overwrite.

tested this and works without problems..

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys.

This is just a heads up, to let you know that I'm not buying FM2011 until patch 3 this time around, and as such, will not be in a position to work on a new Sound Pack until then, if this one does not work on 11.

I'm still really enjoying a few saves on FM10 at the moment, and the last couple of years I've not really enjoyed the game until the final patch was released; so I decided to carry on enjoying my games on the excellent 10.3 for now.

During the last year though, a few members here emerged as being very capable of producing add ons to my original pack, so I'm sure someone here can come up with a great Sound Pack for you.

If no-one else has made one by the time patch 3 comes out though, I'll be happy to produce another Sound Pack.

Just wanted to let you know my position, so as you're not waiting around for me.

Thanks, and I hope you all enjoy your new game. :)

Benn.

let me know when its posted lol

It's just finished now. :D

Sound Pack for use with Football Manager 2011 Only Created by Bennico, edited by me.

Installation instructions are in the 'Read Me'

Don't forget to back up your original Events/ Sounds folder incase of any future problems!

Download here.

If anybody spots any bugs, just let me know. :thup:

Enjoy!

Hi Barkermush:

Thank you very much for releasing the soundpack, I do love it and I was waiting for this at FM 2011. However once I installed it and played the first game I've got a crash dump at minute 10. It seems FM2011 is so unstable and sensitive whenever you add stuff (skin, logos, etc) to the game.

I'd like to know if this soundpack works well for others.

Hi Barkermush:

Thank you very much for releasing the soundpack, I do love it and I was waiting for this at FM 2011. However once I installed it and played the first game I've got a crash dump at minute 10. It seems FM2011 is so unstable and sensitive whenever you add stuff (skin, logos, etc) to the game.

I'd like to know if this soundpack works well for others.

No worries. :thup:

Erm i'm not sure, i've not had any crash dumps with FM11 as of yet.

The soundpack works just fine. I used the old 2010 and I've played more than 30 games without any errors. Same goes for facepacks, kits, logos. No errors here.

I used the old FM2010 soundpack on the demo and it crashed to game. When I removed it the crashes stopped. Maybe im unlucky

I used the old FM2010 soundpack on the demo and it crashed to game. When I removed it the crashes stopped. Maybe im unlucky

yeah it did that for me at first too, but when putting the 2010 soundpack into fm 11 you only overwrite the sounds and the match sounds files. You skip the events config file since it's the one causing the game to crash and since i did that it has been working like a charm. Hope that helps. Just follow milco's advice on top of the page and it should work

Had this in another thread but couldnt find this thread...:)

1. Copy the match_sounds.cfg from the soundpack to the x:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2011\data\events\ folder and replace the one inthere. DONT COPY THE EVENTS.CFG!!!

2. Copy the sound folder to x:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2011\data folder...click yes to overwrite.

tested this and works without problems..

Does this procedure work ? I liked a lot the sound pack for FM10.

BTW, could you please post a link to download the package ?

started using this the last couple of days and I've had a few annoying crash dumps which I havent experience before, not saying this is responsible but it could well be. Otherwise it's a fantastic pack and adds so much to the game :thup:

Do you mufckgud7 overwrite the original events file with the updated version' files? Both files (events folder)?

I encountered one crash in my first game (around 10 minutes) using the updated version. The same happened just overwriting match_sounds.cfg to the original folder. Maybe it is just me. I remember having the array out bounds message with the sound pack last year but never crashed. I just clicked ok in that message and I was back to the match. Now all i get is a crash so I need to reload the game

If anyone can help, I appreciate it

Do you mufckgud7 overwrite the original events file with the updated version' files? Both files (events folder)?

I encountered one crash in my first game (around 10 minutes) using the updated version. The same happened just overwriting match_sounds.cfg to the original folder. Maybe it is just me. I remember having the array out bounds message with the sound pack last year but never crashed. I just clicked ok in that message and I was back to the match. Now all i get is a crash so I need to reload the game

If anyone can help, I appreciate it

I never overwritten the events file as i am using the commentary pack that which is the events file, make suure all sounds are used in the display and sound setting

Thanks for your reply mufckgud7.

When you download the soundpack you have two folders: events and sounds. From your reply I interpret you just copy and paste the sounds folder (from the soundpack) in FM2010 data folder. Do you keep then the original events folder (with both files: matchsound.cfg and events.cfg)?

If so, you will not listen those sounds added to the soundpack's events folder.

I apologize if I am not explaining this rightly, but I'm worried not having this (soundpack) working in FM 2011

Thanks for your reply mufckgud7.

When you download the soundpack you have two folders: events and sounds. From your reply I interpret you just copy and paste the sounds folder (from the soundpack) in FM2010 data folder. Do you keep then the original events folder (with both files: matchsound.cfg and events.cfg)?

If so, you will not listen those sounds added to the soundpack's events folder.

I apologize if I am not explaining this rightly, but I'm worried not having this (soundpack) working in FM 2011

you can copy both of them over and get yourself the commentary pack as its great and overwrite the events.cfg with the commentary version.

or just copy the matchsound.cfg only

Ok. Thing is doing so I have a crash and FM2011 closes.

I can only think I'm unfortunate not having the possibility to enjoy this soundpack because I have the same computer (with no new software nor hardware) as year before where the soundpack worked with FM 2010.

same here, it's giving me crash dumps which sucks because I really want to use it :(

if anyone can suggest any reason why this might be happening it would be much appreciated.

Hi, first up gr8 original pk from bennico loved it on fm10,2nd many thks to Barkermush for updating and sorting it out for fm11 works gr8 and extra sounds added improve it more!

just wanna ask if its ok to upload/share onto another forum i use if i put all credits due to Bennico/Barkermush ?

so this works with the commentary pack?

as i already have that installed...

yes its does i hav both sound pk and commentary pk installed they complement each other well no probs,commentary pk goes in the update 11.1.1 data events folder though,this pk just goes in normal data events/sounds folder

same here, it's giving me crash dumps which sucks because I really want to use it :(

if anyone can suggest any reason why this might be happening it would be much appreciated.

i had the same thing when i tried using fm10 version on fm11 but after installing barkermushes updated version no probs at all d;0)

yes its does i hav both sound pk and commentary pk installed they complement each other well no probs,commentary pk goes in the update 11.1.1 data events folder though,this pk just goes in normal data events/sounds folder

I'll try that in a bit.

Thanks for the info.

I have just dowloaded the FM2011 version of this soundpack. Can somebody advise what I need to do with regards to the soundcfg and events cfg files to get it working correctly

Can't seem to find the folder on my pc. how do i get to these folders

Can't seem to find the folder on my pc. how do i get to these folders

Are you running the game via steam?

Archived