Steam Problems FAQ and Basic Crash Troubleshooting

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im in the AF stationed on Spangdahlem AB. I'm living in Nattenheim, Germany. I have steam up and running just fine but cannot find Football Manager 2011 on there at all. I tried everything. Ive gone online and tried using a link directly to the FM11 steam page but keep getting an error that says product not available in your region. Really not available in my region??? Is there anything I can do to get around this and still DL digitally. Thanks for all the help.

FM11 isn't released in Germany.

Thus if you are in Germany you won't be able to get it from Steam or from any other digital download site which has a regional IP address control. Permanently. :(

Last year I managed to get it off gamersgate, but as soon as I posted it in one thread they appear to have been contacted by SEGA to stop selling to German customers. :( Shortly after people couldn't get it from there anymore either.

Probably for Germany the only option is to get it shipped from an online store. I usually use amazon.co.uk or play.com. There you still have a slight risk at customs (remember, it's not published in Germany due to legal concerns as EA hold an exclusive license!), but at least so far I always received my copy ording it this way.

Of course you could still try the other digital shops, but I doubt you'll be lucky. Or you could (in theory) take your computer to another country, log-in from there and then you should be fine.

Sorry for not having better news.

hth :)

i wish i never bothered buying it on steam now i should have just gone out and bought the game

It's worth restarting STEAM or even rebooting your computer, to see if that helps kick start it into action. I've bought around 150 games on STEAM and have never ever had an issue with the service.

Is anyone able to help??

I have been trying to install FM11 for the last 8 hours to no avail. I have managed to get it to where you choose where you want to install it 'steam' or 'offline' however i click through steam and it goes to the 'installing' page however then it just closes and nothing. Please someone helppp

**this is the boxed version by the way

Someone advised me to do this-

Certain Steam issues may be corrected by renaming the ClientRegistry.blob and restarting Steam.

Completely exit from the Steam client.

Go to C:\Program Files\Steam (or the Steam directory that was specified during installation).

Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.

Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.

however it caused issues with steam which meant that i was unable use steam so have had to reinstall steam

BTW once you bought the game, you can enter the serial code in Steam and download it from there. So you can get all the Steam extra stuff and it is also very helpful for those playing the game on two computers that are not in the same place. That's at least the way it was with FM2010.

I am not sure if this is the correct location for my query, but here it goes:

I purchased and downloaded FM2011 via Steam. I had no problems downloading it or starting it up via Steam. However, I don't want to have to open up Steam every time to play FM. Is there any way I can create a shortcut from my doc (I am on a Mac) for FM?

I am not sure if this is the correct location for my query, but here it goes:

I purchased and downloaded FM2011 via Steam. I had no problems downloading it or starting it up via Steam. However, I don't want to have to open up Steam every time to play FM. Is there any way I can create a shortcut from my doc (I am on a Mac) for FM?

The application launcher is located in Finder > Your User > Library > Application Support > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011

You can then move the app from there to you dock and *should* work not tried it myself mind.

Is anyone able to help??

I have been trying to install FM11 for the last 8 hours to no avail. I have managed to get it to where you choose where you want to install it 'steam' or 'offline' however i click through steam and it goes to the 'installing' page however then it just closes and nothing. Please someone helppp

**this is the boxed version by the way

Someone advised me to do this-

Certain Steam issues may be corrected by renaming the ClientRegistry.blob and restarting Steam.

Completely exit from the Steam client.

Go to C:\Program Files\Steam (or the Steam directory that was specified during installation).

Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.

Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.

however it caused issues with steam which meant that i was unable use steam so have had to reinstall steam

try activating the game on steam and download it ( keep in mind that you will download the full game )

just open steam go to add game and select activate game on steam

The application launcher is located in Finder > Your User > Library > Application Support > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011

You can then move the app from there to you dock and *should* work not tried it myself mind.

This got the app on my doc. I don't know if it'll launch the game yet - in class. Thanks!

Just a quick one - is there a way to open FM11 having installed through Steam without opening Steam? I'm on a Mac if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance :)

I assume the best way to do it would put a shortcut on your desktop/doc and run it from there. See a couple posts above for who o do it from s33r.

I downloaded the game through Steam and it worked well enough until I downloaded the newest patch. Now whenever I try and open the game it says that I need to insert the FM11 disk. The only options after that are to quit and retry.

Now since I bought the game via Steam I obviously do not have the disk.

I am extremely frustrated, please help.

Okay so I found that I'm unable to quit the game normally, the game hangs after I click "yes" on the quit pop-up menu..This happens when I'm playing online, while in offline mode I can quit just fine

opened a thread and posted similar problems in two threads for 2 hours already and none having similar problems or any solutions?

I want to install by steam, but everytime I try it just closes ...nothing else happens. I can't download the full game online because my internet is pretty poor at the moment. Is Steam really worth it? A lot of people seem to have troubles.

Any advice on how I can work around this? Thanks.

@forzautd and robbits

Restart steam

@thomas.christopherj

reinstall the game steam patches the game automatically you don't need to download patches

just right click the game on steam and delete local content and do the same and select install game

@Candre168

i dont know what is causing it read he first page of the faq and trey some of the solutions

Please read the first page of this tread and try the solutions before asking questions

I assume the best way to do it would put a shortcut on your desktop/doc and run it from there. See a couple posts above for who o do it from s33r.

I'd already tried that, as it worked with FM09, but it doesn't with FM11. The application doesn't seem to launch without Steam being on, I was just wondering if there was some way of changing it in Steam to make it available offline with the disk in or something.

I had mine installed and pre-loaded on Steam, but then when I clicked play it popped up with a box saying validating files, then came up saying 'Steam servers are too busy'. Done this for a day, I restarted Steam several times, even re-installed it. Ive now uninstalled FM11, go back to install it on Steam and its saying 'servers are too busy'.

This is a complete joke.

Hey everyone, need some help!!

Just downloaded FM2011 via Steam and installed as normal. When the icon comes up with the option "Play Game" I select it and the following comes up:

"ERROR: Unable to find some essential data. Please ensure the game is installed correctly. If the problem persists contact Support"

Any ideas? I used to play FM2010 via Steam with no problems, really looking forward to playing FM2011 and now I'm stuck!!!

HELP PLS????

Tks

@HFS Go to Fm 2011 properties on steam and go to the local files tab and select verify game cache

@robbits check the download settings and change download server

@Cammack same has above

´

On Windows

Start Steam

Go to Steam > Settings > Downloads tab

Under Download region, select a different but relatively close region.

Try launching or installing the game once more

On Mac

Start Steam

Click on Steam > Preferences > Downloads tab

Under Download region, select a different but relatively close region.

Try launching or installing the game once more

other possible solution

On Windows

If the issue is isolated to a few Steam games, please exit from Steam and go to the Steamapps folder (default is C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps) and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games. Once complete, please restart Steam to test the issue.

On Mac

If the issue is isolated to a few Steam games, please exit from Steam and go to the ~/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games. Once complete, please restart Steam to test the issue.

I have just purchased and downloaded FM2011 on Steam but when I load the game up it says "No Disk found" and will not go any further. I've dowloaded and apply the recent patch and don't now how to go back. Please help

If you've manually downloaded the patch and installed it you've likely installed the patch for the boxed CD version. Steam automatically patches games so you don't ever need to do this. Unfortunately the only resolution now for your issue is to uninstall FM11 from Steam and re-download. You can do this by right clicking FM11 in Steam and selecting "delete local content."

@ Willie Jess you need to move your save games manually ( i recommend using a pen drive) , since this game doesnt use steam cloud you need to do this manually , save games are on your documents folder -> Sports interactive-> Fm 2010-> games

I don't get this. When I pre-ordered FM2011 on Steam, I noticed that on the Game Page, it stated it would be using Steam Cloud, but now I see that is not the case. Does anybody know why it has been changed?

Archived