Steam Problems FAQ and Basic Crash Troubleshooting

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"ERROR: Unable to find some essential data. Please ensure the game is installed correctly. If the problem persists contact Support"

I have played FM 2011 for a couple of days now. Turned my PC off last night. Now I get this error message.

I have verified game cache as instructed. I have tried deleting the game cache. I have reinstalled FM 2011. I have reinstalled Steam. All to no avail.....

Any ideas ?

The application launcher is located in Finder > Your User > Library > Application Support > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011

You can then move the app from there to you dock and *should* work not tried it myself mind.

So, I have been busy and just got around to checking the shortcut I placed on my doc. Unfortunately, it doesn't launch the game unless Steam is also open. Is there anyway to run games from Steam without opening Steam? I know when I downloaded the demo from Steam and it installed it, it gave me an option to place a shortcut on my doc. I figured I'd get a similar prompt when I installed the full game, but to no avail.

Any other suggestions on how to create a shortcut?

Save files are too big ,SI seems to want to keep the current system isntead of a new

~I remeber it there and there was also some speculation if the new fm would have steam cloud but it didn't

It just bugs the hell out of me, 'cause steam cloud was one of the reasons I pre-ordered/bought it on Steam. I kinda feel ripped off now.

@hughes_83 Reinstall the game you installed the retail patch , you don't need to patch games with steam , steam does that for you , right click on steam and select delete local content , ando do it again and select install game

@ßömßärdîër C:\program files \steam\ steamapps\common\fm 2011 \ tools

@Yidd0! its in the steam installation folder something like this : steam\steamapps\common\fm 2011 , however i dont have a mac so i don't know the directories were programs are installed

s33r mentioned this give it a go Finder > Your User > Library > Application Support > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011

@jkits if you bought it on steam you need it to run the game

@magnet_steve Try deleting the FM cache files if you find FM 2009 or 2010 cache files erase them aswell they maybe causing this issue

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

VISTA and 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2011” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Wndows Vista and 7:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2011” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Hi there could someone help me please I cant find an answer to this

I have bought and downloaded FM 2011 through Steam and installation has worked perfectly. I have encountered a problem when trying to start up the game however.

When I open Steam and go to Library I see 'Football Manager' and the 'Play' button. Underneath is the Acheivements box followed by the Latest news etc box..

When I click play, it tells me 'Football Manager is already running'.

I have tried to exit Steam and restart but when I try to exit it tells me to 'Close Football manager 2011 first'.

Not quite sure what the problem is as the whole download procedure worked perfectly.

Any help would be great thank you

If you double-click the fm11 iconrather than opening steam first, that should work. (double clicking fm11 icon will automatically open up via steam if instaled via steam.

If you dont have a fm11 shortcut then go into steam in your program files and double click on the fm11.exe file which should then load up fm11 in steam. If you want to add a shortcut to your desktop to be easier next time, just right click fm11.exe and click send to : my desktop (create shortcut).

hopefully that works for you

Hi guys could you please help me?

I bought FM 11 on release date (of steam) on my laptop and it downloaded and played fine. The laptop then crapped out and I can not use it. My parents got a MAC which I am on now, but for the past 3 days I have tried to install FM on this MAC, off steam again but the first couple of times it just said server to busy, I looked all over and found a solution so then I started to download the game. I came back in about in hour and a half an it was at 80% but then it said Validating Football Manager 2011 file. After this it went back to 0% done and said starting download but it did nothing. I went and searched for help on this problem and found nothing. So I decided to click on delete local content, I then tried to reload the game and it did exactly the same thing! I REALLY need some help, does anybody have a solution????

Fellas, a little hiccup here. I've successfully installed FM2011 through Steam but somehow I can find the data folder I tried /User/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps but its not there. Does anyone know where it is located? I simply wanna install graphics

Fellas, a little hiccup here. I've successfully installed FM2011 through Steam but somehow I can find the data folder I tried /User/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps but its not there. Does anyone know where it is located? I simply wanna install graphics
No worries, found it

Hi there could someone help me please I cant find an answer to this

I have bought and downloaded FM 2011 through Steam and installation has worked perfectly. I have encountered a problem when trying to start up the game however.

When I open Steam and go to Library I see 'Football Manager' and the 'Play' button. Underneath is the Acheivements box followed by the Latest news etc box..

When I click play, it tells me 'Football Manager is already running'.

I have tried to exit Steam and restart but when I try to exit it tells me to 'Close Football manager 2011 first'.

Not quite sure what the problem is as the whole download procedure worked perfectly.

Any help would be great thank you

Same thing happened with me how do i fix this problem?

Steam is the biggest pile of **** i have ever encountered. I frequently spend entire evenings just trying to log on because it 'could not connect to the steam server' despite the fact my internet is working perfectly. Even when i do get logged on sometimes it will tell me FM is not available and to try later. Excuse me but having paid for this game, I should be able to play it any time i bloody wish to, not have steam decide when its available or not. Worst mistake SI EVER made signing up with this crap programme.

Steam is the biggest pile of **** i have ever encountered. I frequently spend entire evenings just trying to log on because it 'could not connect to the steam server' despite the fact my internet is working perfectly. Even when i do get logged on sometimes it will tell me FM is not available and to try later. Excuse me but having paid for this game, I should be able to play it any time i bloody wish to, not have steam decide when its available or not. Worst mistake SI EVER made signing up with this crap programme.

Next time you log in, set it to "run in offline mode" - no more problems.

Next time you log in, set it to "run in offline mode" - no more problems.

Thanks for the reply, but if it were that easy, i wouldnt be on here moaning about it. When i load up steam i am never given the choice to run in offline mode. Currently when i click on steam, i get a box which comes up saying 'steam is updating' and it sits on 0% and does nothing else. I do not have any option to log on. Even when i had the trouble logging in, there was never any offline mode option - just the bit where i type my username and password and 'sign in'. Most of the time admittedly i have no trouble with steam but these problems i have already described are now happening more frequently and i cant describe how much it ****es me off because the game i have paid for is not playabale unless steam is working!

"fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

Ohh i'll try one last time to fix this before I give up and buy a new laptop.

I have a hp dv2000 laptop that runs Fm2010 just fine, but I can't get this one off the ground. Keep getting that error.

I've been diddle dallying through these forums over the past few days and think I downloaded all the necessary directx and .net stuff. But, just in case i missed anything, can someone post links to all the stuff I can download and install that might fix the issue?

Any help is appreciated, and be rewarded by me blowing kisses at my monitor in the direction of your username.

Having a Problem with Steam Look Here

First easy fix For most problems :

Certain Steam issues may be corrected by renaming the ClientRegistry.blob and restarting Steam.

Completely exit from the Steam client.

Go to C:\Program Files\Steam (or the Steam directory that was specified during installation).

Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.

Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.

This fixes most common problems like crashes and errors with the steam client

Steam Servers are Busy

Change Downloading Region:

On Windows

Start Steam

Go to Steam > Settings > Downloads tab

Under Download region, select a different but relatively close region.

Try launching or installing the game once more

On Mac

Start Steam

Click on Steam > Preferences > Downloads tab

Under Download region, select a different but relatively close region.

Try launching or installing the game once more

Other Possible Fix

On Windows

If the issue is isolated to a few Steam games, please exit from Steam and go to the Steamapps folder (default is C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps) and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games. Once complete, please restart Steam to test the issue.

On Mac

If the issue is isolated to a few Steam games, please exit from Steam and go to the ~/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games. Once complete, please restart Steam to test the issue.

Missing essential Files or corrupted files :

Step one Verify Game cache (PC and Mac)

How to :

-Load Steam

-From the My Games tab, right-click on FM2011 and select Properties from the menu.

-Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

-Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes.

-Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Step Two : Restart Steam

Step Tree Verify Game Cache again

it should download the damaged files

For some reason the patch is damaging the game files ,creating errors SI needs to look at this

Also try deleting your cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

VISTA and 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2011” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Wndows Vista and 7:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2011” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Steam Stuck on Updating

First

Try this

Restart Steam

Second

If the issue persists, exit Steam, rename your ClientRegistry.blob, and restart Steam. The ClientRegistry.blob can be found in your Steam installation directory. c:\program files\steam by default.

Third

If the issue still persists, you may have issues with your local Steam files. You may refresh these files without deleting your game files. Please follow this process to refresh your Steam files:

1-Exit Steam

2-Navigate to your Steam installation directory. (c:\program files\steam\ by default.)

3-Delete everything in that directory EXCEPT the following:

steam.exe

steamapps directory (All of Steam's game files are kept here.)

4-Restart Steam

Connection Problems

Firewall common errors:

Crash: Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to load library Steam.dll

Crash: SteamProcessCall(Login) failed with error 200: Connection Reset, WinSock error 10054 Connection Reset by Peer

Crash: SteamStartEngine(0x12e88c) failed with error 201: Cannot perform this operation while offline

Error: Steam Servers Busy or Servers are Busy

Error: Steam is temporarily unavailable

Error: Secure Connection Failed

Error: Could not connect to Steam Network

Error: Could not connect to Master Game Server to Retrieve Server List

1-Before trying anything else, try bypassing your router by connecting your computer directly to your modem.

2-If the issue disappears after bypassing your router, (instructions how to do this will be given further down this topic )

Note: running your router in DMZ mode is not supported by Steam and may result in connection issues.

3-To ensure reliability, make sure you are using a wired connection to the internet. Close the Steam client application and remove all instances of the following executables from your firewall's permissions list:

steaminstall.exe

steam.exe

hl.exe

hl2.exe

steamTmp.exe

Permissions for these executables will need to be re-learned by your firewall.

4-Open Steam to allow your firewall to re-learn permissions for the Steam executables. If your firewall does not prompt you to set new permissions, the security settings may be too strict - you will need to change these settings so you will be prompted to set permissions.

Give the Steam executables permission for all TCP and UDP ports when prompted.

Restart your computer and load Steam.

Firewall Provider Resources

If you are using a firewall program listed above and have questions about setting permissions, please take the opportunity to open the program and use its Help feature or review the support site for the software:

Microsoft : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_wfintro.mspx

Norton : http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/support_options.html

McAfee : http://www.mcafeehelp.com/selectSupportType.asp?siteID=1

Zone Labs http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/support/techSupport.jsp:

nVidia - nVidia's Network Access Manager is bundled with some nVidia products. Unfortunately, this product is not compatible with Steam

The only solution is removing it in the Windows Add/Remove panel. After it has been removed and you have rebooted

If allowing permissions does not seem to affect the connection to Steam, please try disabling your firewall completely before launching Steam

Using a Router with Steam

If you are using a wireless connection to access Steam, you may encounter intermittent connection issues related to low signal strength - it is recommended that plug your machine directly into your router to ensure the highest level of connectivity.

Basic Router Troubleshooting

To determine if your router may be causing issues with connectivity, please observe the following troubleshooting steps:

Close the Steam client application

Bypass your router by plugging your machine directly into the incoming line from your modem

Restart Steam

If you are able to connect to Steam after bypassing your router, it is highly recommended that you reconfigure your router to work with Steam.

Stateful inspection or dynamic packet filtering may cause issues with Steam. If you have identified the router as the cause of your issue, disable these services.

Find Instructions to Configure your Router

If you do not have the original instruction manual for working with your router, please check your router for the manufacturer or brand name and the router's model number. You will need to run a search for your router manufacturer's website to find instructions for configuring your router to work with Steam.

PortForward.com is also a useful resource for router-specific instructions (please note that the information provided at PortForward.com may not reflect recent additions to the required ports for Steam).

Ports required for Steam:

Steam Client

UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive (Game client traffic)

UDP 27015 to 27030 inclusive (Typically Matchmaking and HLTV)

TCP 27020 to 27050 inclusive (Steam downloads)

Dedicated or Listen Servers

TCP 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

Basic Troubleshooting Game Crashes

1-Check the Minimum System Requirements

If you have never played the game before on your system, it is crucial to double-check the system requirements to determine if your system can run the game. The minimum system requirements for each game can be found on the game's page in the Steam Storefront.

2-Verify Your Game Cache Files

1-Load Steam

2-From the My Games tab, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

3-Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

4-Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes.

5-Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

3-Rule out Background Applications and Anti-Virus/Security Software

Check the Programs Which Interfere with Steam https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289) , and Spyware, Adware, and Viruses Interfering with Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6057-YLBN-1660)

topics to ensure the crash which you have encountered is not related to malicious software or a specific program which is known to cause issues with Steam.

4-Do Not Use Two Sound Devices Simultaneously

If you have installed a PCI or USB sound card on your system (such as a Creative X-fi or Audigy sound card), please ensure that your motherboard's onboard sound card is disabled in the system BIOS. Having both installed may result in system instability - even if the secondary device is disabled in the Windows device manager. Please consult your motherboard's manual for instructions on editing BIOS settings.

Install BIOS, Driver, and Windows/DirectX Updates

After each of the steps below:

Try launching the game to test - if you continue to experience crashes, proceed to the next set of troubleshooting recommendations.

1-Update Windows

Run Windows Update. It is imperative that your system is updated to the latest service pack and has all critical updates installed. It is also highly recommended that you install the latest version of the .NET framework.

2-Update DirectX

Download and install the latest version of DirectX from the Microsoft DirectX Download Page. DirectX is updated about once a month by Microsoft and should be checked for new versions (known as "Runtimes") on a regular basis.

Link:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Update Your Drivers

Check your current video and sound card driver versions and visit links to hardware manufacturer sites (on-board sound card drivers will be found at your motherboard manufacturer's site).

Remember to remove outdated drivers before updating and check for any known software or driver conflicts which may occur with the updated drivers. We do not recommend running beta or custom drivers (such as Omega drivers) unless they solve a very specific issue for a game you are playing.

If you purchased a separate video card or cannot obtain the appropriate drivers through the computer manufacturer you may be able to obtain updated drivers from the manufacturer of your video card.

ATI - http://www.ati.com/

Intel - http://www.intel.com/

Nvidia - http://www.nvidia.com/

Albatron - http://www.albatron.com.tw/

AOpen - http://www.aopen.com/

EVGA - http://www.evga.com/

Hercules - http://www.hercules.com/

LeadTek - http://www.leadtek.com/

Matrox - http://www.matrox.com/

MSI - http://www.msicomputer.com/

PNY - http://www.pny.com/

VisionTek - http://www.visiontek.com/

Please consult your video card manufacturer or computer assembler if you have any questions regarding the installation of updated drivers.

Sound Card Manufacturers

Audiotrak USA - http://audiotrak.net/international.htm

Creative Technology - http://www.creative.com/

Hercules/Guillemot - http://www.hercules.com/

M-Audio - http://www.m-audio.com/

Philips Electronics - http://www.philips.com/

Terratec Promedia - http://www.terratec.net/

Turtle Beach - http://www.turtlebeach.com/

Pre-Built System Vendors

If your machine was assembled as a complete system and you have not upgraded or modified the video card, it is recommended that you visit the system assembler's website. Listed below are some common computer manufacturers:

Acer America - http://www.acer.com/

Alienware - http://www.alienware.com/

Compaq - http://www.compaq.com/

Dell - http://www.dell.com/

eMachines - http://www.emachines.com/

Gateway - http://www.gateway.com/

Hewlett Packard (HP) - http://www.hp.com/

IBM Corp. - http://www.ibm.com/

NEC - http://www.nec.com/

Sony - http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/

Toshiba - http://www.toshiba.com/

4-Update Your Motherboard's BIOS and Drivers

Consult your Motherboard Manual Before Making Changes

Editing the system BIOS and motherboard settings improperly can result in system failure. Be sure to read your motherboard's manual thoroughly before attempting to flash your BIOS or update your motherboard's chipset drivers.

If you are not comfortable in performing the steps indicated by your motherboard's manual, please contact your motherboard manufacturer or system assembler for assistance.

It is important to keep the components on your motherboard in good working order, not just for playing games but for general system performance. The best way to accomplish this is to keep your motherboard's BIOS and chipset drivers up to date.

Many motherboard manufacturers release updates that resolve crucial issues related to system crashes and/or slow performance. This guide is intended to assist you in locating BIOS updates and chipset drivers to ensure that your system is in top working order.

Update (Flash) Your BIOS

The primary function of your system's BIOS is to recognize and initiate all of your system's hardware so it is ready to be used. "Flashing" the BIOS is synonymous with updating the motherboard's BIOS to the latest version. The often times requires a floppy drive to be installed on the system.

Please visit your motherboard manufacturer's website for instructions on how to check your BIOS version and for tools you can use to safely update your BIOS.

Update Your Chipset Drivers

Chipset drivers are responsible for controlling communication between various components in your system: the processor, the video card, the hard drives, PCI devices and system memory. Keeping these drivers up to date is important - especially if you are experiencing generally sluggish system performance.

Please visit your motherboard manufacturer's website to determine what type of chipset your motherboard has and where you can find the most recent drivers for it.

nForce Motherboards

Many motherboards use the Nvidia nForce platform for the chipset. Drivers are available directly from Nvidia, under nForce drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Here is a partial list of motherboard manufacturers and their websites where you should be able to get information and assistance (you may need to search for your motherboard manufacturer's site if you cannot find it on the list below):

A

Abit - http://www.abit-usa.com/

Acorp - http://www.acorp.com.tw/

Albatron - http://www.albatron.com.tw/

AMD - http://www.amd.com/

Amptron - http://www.amptron.com/

Aopen - http://www.aopen.com/

Archos - http://www.archos.com/

AS Rock America - http://www.asrockamerica.com/

Asus - http://www.asus.com/

B

BCM - http://www.bcmcom.com/

Biostar - http://www.biostar-usa.com/

C

Chaintech - http://www.chaintech.com.tw/

Compaq - http://www.compaq.com/

D

DFI - http://www.dfi.com/

E

ECS - http://www.ecsusa.com/

ECS Elitegroup - http://www.ecs.com.tw/

eMachines - http://www.emachines.com/

Epox - http://www.epox.com/

F

FIC - http://www.fic.com.tw/

Foxconn - http://www.foxconn.com/

Fujitsu - http://www.fcpa.com/

G

Gateway 2000 - http://www.gw2k.com/

Gigabyte - http://www.giga-byte.com/

H

Hewlett Packard - http://www.hp.com/

I

IBM - http://www.ibm.com/

Intel - http://www.intel.com/

IWILL - http://www.iwillusa.com/

J

Jetway - http://www.jetway.com.tw/

M

Matsonic - http://www.matsonic.com/

MSI - http://www.msicomputer.com/

N

NEC - http://www.nec.com/

P

PC Chips - http://www.pcchips.com/

R

Ricoh - http://www.ricohcpg.com/

S

Shuttle - http://www.shuttle.com/

Soyo - http://www.soyousa.com/

Sun - http://www.sun.com/

SuperMicro - http://www.supermicro.com/

Syntax - http://www.syntaxgroups.com/

T

Tekram Technology - http://www.tekram.com/

Tyan - http://www.tyan.com/

V

VIA-VPSD - http://www.viavpsd.com/

X

XFX - http://www.xfxgraphics.com/index.php

Other Important Drivers

Some games may require updated versions of other software. Commonly updated programs are listed below:

Microsoft DirectX : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=04ac064b-00d1-474e-b7b1-442d8712d553&displaylang=en

Microsoft Visual C++ :http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2&displaylang=en

Microsoft Visual C++ 64-bit :http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ba9257ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e

Data Execution Prevention

1-Go to Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Data Execution Prevention.

2-Select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:"

3-Select "Add", navigate to C:\Program Files\Steam (or your default Steam directory), and add Steam.exe to the exception list.

Run a Memory Test

If the issue persists, please download and run the Memtest86 RAM test program and run it to determine whether or not the issue may be caused by a faulty RAM stick.

RAM sticks which fail this test must be replaced.

Contact Steam Support

If the crash continues even after performing all of the troubleshooting steps in this guide, you will need to contact Steam Support for further assistance. To ensure that your incident is handled in the quickest and most efficient manner possible, please follow these steps:

Prepare a MSINFO32 Report

1-Go to the Start button

2-Select Run...

3-Type msinfo32 and click OK

4-While viewing the System Summary node go to File then Save

Save your MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.nfo on your desktop for easy access (you may delete the file once you have attached it to support case and submitted the case)

Submit Your Support Request

See the Contacting Steam Billing and Support to submit your request. Please include your MSINFO32 report as an attachment to the incident.

How to contact Steam Support https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1223-QROC-4460

Surely the fact that there are THIS MANY error fixes and problems, it should alert SI/SEGA to the fact that Steam is a pile of ****? It has taken me 2 whole evenings to fix and actually get access to my games again, games that i paid for and should be able to access whenever the hell i like and not be dependent on such an unstable, error ridden piece of crap like steam!

@docgm check your firewall settings and anti virus software

Thanks, after trying just about all of your instructions and a few random experiments by myself, i think it may be fixed......i stand by what i say above though, Steam whilst great in theory is just appalling. Are there any ways i can access my games without loading up the steam client? Surely all the files are on my computer somewhere......

i dont believe it......having finally got it to finish updating (this is having closed my firewall/antivirus (AVG) programme completely) it now says error, to access steam i must be connected to the internet.....where the hell does it think it just got the update from? The internet perhaps.....i really give up with this game and SI how about a refund of my 29.99 for FM eh and i will go buy it from the shops? This is a joke.

Steam is in online mode and the auto update is on. But where can I check my game status?

I'm almost sure that it didn't patch, because when I start a new game, I don't have the option to play with the 11.1.1 patch, only with the standard version and the 11.1.0 patch.

what error? configure AVG to allow steam connecting to the internet , if your using 7.5 version of AVG please upgrade to a new version

oh and please remove the quote of my first post its huge and unnecessary

Well i am not going to remove it because the fact it is so long and labourious to read actually emphasises my point as to just how bad Steam is. If SI want to remove it well thats their choice. Look at how many people are having problems afterall?!!?? none of these fixes are simple either. Fortunately i am fairly skilled with computers to know how to make all these changes to make it work (and it still took me 2 whole evenings!!) i`m sure many others wont be though and a lot of people will have paid for games they are unable to play because of Steam. I think SI/Sega/Steam guys should discuss how to fix this and create a steam programme which actually works with firewalls, wireless routers etc. Everybody is wireless these days so to have a modern programme which doesnt fit with that is ridiculous.

@docgm i am not asking to remove it i said for you to set ti to allow steam connections to the internet , i make the explanations simple has possible , also i ts an issue with that specific version of if i don't even now if thats what your using , and look how much people use it without issues .and steam program that works with firewalls and wireless routers? dude t works and by any chance you know what the firewall is mean for? if you knew you wouldn't say what you just did , so saying that your fair computer skilled is kind of a "contrast"

@Timee open FM load your save anc click the button that says FM ( were its the preferences and the save options ) and select game status

Archived