Steam Problems FAQ and Basic Crash Troubleshooting

smect, ive used the contact us button at the bottom of the page. I sent my query and an SI guy contacted me direct. He's asked me to send him my dxdiag and things so it may be worth trying this route aswell

Im not taking anything away from the sterling efforts suggested in here, just another alternative

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Bad Boy Bubby go to fm 2010 properties on steam click set launch options: -skin="skin name here" without the "" the name has to be exact the same has the skin

@smect21 that was the only thing i could , fallow bad boy advice and contact SI i am out of options :(

I've verifyed the integrity of game cache & installed the latest version of DirectX and I'm still coming up with the same error (10.1.0f84847). I can't think of anything else to do. :( Any other ideas guys? :(

do you have netframework 2.0 and 3.0? and verify cache at least twice

I am getting seriously annoyed, I keep getting a message of 'steam error - application load error 5:0000065434'.

The game was working fine then I tried to load it and bang i get that for the second time, the first time i had to uninstall steam and start all over but it has come back and i cant play anything. And steam doesn't laod anymore as well.

Please help!

open steam , Right click FM2010, properties , click on tab local files and press verify integrity of game cache .

do this check at least twice

Ok I did this but only after I had to delete steam and reinstall, now the two time i got the error and steam stopped working my Kapasky gave a a warning of some sort and them bang steam stopped working, is it a preblem there, if so how do I fix that?

I have given steam all the right permissions and to be honest it worked perfectly last year's FM all the way through to last week. But as soon as I put the '10 demo all this started! It just did it again, it started by trying to update steam for no reason cos I just reinstalled it, then gave me some error saying 'steam.exe (main exception):could not open file steam.exe

Any Issues with Steam you Have i am willing to provide Help has a experienced user

As long has steam bashing crap stays away

If you cant find what you need in this faq post here

Hi,

I cannot load FM10 using steam I get the following:

ERROR 1305

error reading ffrom file

D:\thirdparty\steam\steaminstall_english.msi.

Verify that the file exists and you can access it.

Any help would be appreciated

Ok I did this but only after I had to delete steam and reinstall, now the two time i got the error and steam stopped working my Kapasky gave a a warning of some sort and them bang steam stopped working, is it a preblem there, if so how do I fix that?

I have given steam all the right permissions and to be honest it worked perfectly last year's FM all the way through to last week. But as soon as I put the '10 demo all this started! It just did it again, it started by trying to update steam for no reason cos I just reinstalled it, then gave me some error saying 'steam.exe (main exception):could not open file steam.exe

turn off kapersky

Hi,

I cannot load FM10 using steam I get the following:

ERROR 1305

error reading ffrom file

D:\thirdparty\steam\steaminstall_english.msi.

Verify that the file exists and you can access it.

Any help would be appreciated

reinstall steam its the only know fix for that

You have a retail copy of fm and don't want to use the dvd again? simple :D

1-first keep your dvd in the drive ( you need to do this once )

2-open Steam

3-Go to My games and on the button its an option called activate product on steam (lower left of the games menu )

4-Follow the instructions

5-Your game is now activated Steam now you wont need to use the dvd again :D

I did this but when I started a game it asked me for the disc. any ideas?

I have been playing the game through steam with no problems since Friday, however, ive come home tonight to play, and i get an error message when i try to log into steam "Steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers"

any ideas of a way round this?! I just want to play the game!

Samsung NC10 - Netbook Solution!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally got FM2010 to work on my Samsung NC10

The Original Issue

When I opened FM, the process ran but FM didn't actually run. The Memory usage went up to 240k and the CPU went up to 40-70, then idled at 0-2. And despite leaving it for up to 20 minutes, still nothing.

So, for anybody who is having the problem, I have the solution

Send a shortcut to the desktop, right click on the shortcut and in the target section, after everything put -small_screen -windowed. And tada! working

Does anyone know what the put '-small_screen -windowed' means. DO you click a box or do you have to type it somewhere?!

Thanks

I did this but when I started a game it asked me for the disc. any ideas?

did you by any chance installed the patch manually?

@craigoasis check connection problems section on the faq and easy fix

@ellissports it will force the game to run in a small screen and windowed mode

You can place those things on the game launch options

Go to Steam->Fm2010->Righ Click and select properties -> Click set launch options paste this:-small_screen -windowed select ok and start the game normally :)

even if set a shortcut on desktop you dont need to modify it , steam will launch those settings from the launch options

did you by any chance installed the patch manually?

@craigoasis check connection problems section on the faq and easy fix

@ellissports it will force the game to run in a small screen and windowed mode

You can place those things on the game launch options

Go to Steam->Fm2010->Righ Click and select properties -> Click set launch options paste this:-small_screen -windowed select ok and start the game normally :)

even if set a shortcut on desktop you dont need to modify it , steam will launch those settings from the launch options

Huge thanks AIMLESS....it worked! nearly a whole week to get this game working!!

Huge thanks AIMLESS....it worked! nearly a whole week to get this game working!!

RIght have got the game working! Next problem is that the screen is not alowing me to see all the options in certain things.

In the press conference i have no other option available to see on screen other than to attend....I cant scroll down to see anything else.

When i click to attend the press conference i get stuck there becasue i cant see any of the questions. The comment box just appears with the confirm box. But I cannot select confirm until I answer the questions,which I can't see or find on screen!

As I cant answer I cant get past the first press conference!!

Any ideas?!

Thanks

@Pyjamas big mistake steam path's automatically your game , you need to reinstall the game because you used the retail patch

go to steam right click on fm, use the delete local contente , and it finishes do the same but choose install game

@stufair go to steam options and make sure you dont have the "do not save account information on this computer " ticked , also all your steam games have to be 100%. try login online and use the go offline feature

@ guys with the game already running problem you guys need SI on this one :S

Aim Less can you help I am still getting the same problem.

It's ok if I log online at home in the morning but if I forget like today then it say's the same thing again.

Hi

I'm having one of the connection problems (steam can't connect to internet). I'm in my Uni building so my connection to the internet is wired and currently my Firewall won't respond and isn't loading because it expired the other day.

When I downloaded the demo though it worked for the first week and suddenly stopped working.

Any help is much appreciated thanks.

Hi. I bought game DVD and I installed my game using via STEAM. But i need to log into the STEAM in order to play it every time.

But Ben says that we need to be online for the first time. Then we can play it when we offline. But i can not play it when i have not Internet connection.

The second is via STEAM, which is an online based system. By installing via this method, you need to be online the first time you install the game and can easily set it up to play offline in the future. By using the STEAM route, you will automatically receive any patches or updates that we provide for the game in the future (as long as you are online, of course).

i try to start the game , it tells me steam needs to be updated .. so far it's taken 25 minutes and is only 40% updated , this system really sucks.. i own the dvd, i should just be able to put it in the drive and play and update patches when i feel like it ... am really ****ed with this!!!

40 minutes and steam is now 54% updated ... this is soooo much fun , wish i was playing the game ...and i am on the fastest broadband speed you can get in australia so that isnt the issue .... this has ruined this game for me ... i want my money back !!

Aim_Less - Thanks for the help you're providing here. I have managed to install on my desktop through Steam and now when i log onto stream through my netbook i can run FM2010. I was hoping that i could access my saved game (which i saved on my desktop) on my netbook. Is this possible or do i have to manually move my save game and editor files between machines. Appreciate the help, understand getting people able to play the game is of higher urgency. Cheers

Hey aim less. Im having trouble loading football manager through steam. When I go to open football manager i am getting an error message saying 'football manager 2010 failed to start (error code 80)'. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

hey again. i tried restarting my pc but am still presented with the same problem. if i want to play the game i hsve to uninstall it and reinstall it. any other suggestions? thanks

Hey Aim_Less, This is great work would you mind if I used your solutions on another forum by quoting them and then link people back to this thread with any other problems ?

Thought I would ask permission first ;)

feel free to use it

@billyjoebob9 make sure you have directx and your drivers updated also netframework 2.0 and 3.0

@toonfan be patient it depends on your connection speed You seem to be downloading the full game

@ Willie Jess you need to move your save games manually ( i recommend using a pen drive) , since this game doesnt use steam cloud you need to do this manually , save games are on your documents folder -> Sports interactive-> Fm 2010-> games

can anyone plz help me

im honestly have problems loading football manager 10,

i have had the game for more the a week and only managed to play it once,

i keep getting the screen that says football manager 2010.1.10 of 84847 has stop working

i have reinstalled it , i have verified the cache, i have download direct x 10

but yet nothing so plz someone can u help me out

thank u

do you have netframework 2.0 and 3.0? and verify cache at least twice

Sorry to sound dumb, but what is the cache and how do you go about verifying it?

*edit* No problem, i've found out how to do it further up the page. :)

can anyone plz help me

i keep getting the screen that says football manager 2010.1.10 of 84847 has stop working

thank u

have you made any changes to your system lately?

ok just got my game installed through steam and want to add some edt files where are they located at if you install through steam as ive looked in the normal place C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 but the folder is empty apart from a unistall folder, I cant seem to find the editor or the resource tool either so does steam install these in other places ? oh and I also dont see the steam skin anywhere for fm2010

thanks for the help

can anyone plz help me

thank u

I don't know if it'll make any difference or not but i've started playing my game with steam in offline mode and I haven't had a game crash since.

ok just got my game installed through steam and want to add some edt files where are they located at if you install through steam as ive looked in the normal place C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 but the folder is empty apart from a unistall folder, I cant seem to find the editor or the resource tool either so does steam install these in other places ? oh and I also dont see the steam skin anywhere for fm2010

thanks for the help

go here : C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\ fm 2010

Archived