FM10: Tottenham Hotspur - Come on you Spurs!

tottenhamfmo7

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have signed Beckham and now I'm looking for a new LB, probably going to opt for Olsen @ Blackburn as I don't like the fact Ekotto has very low determination. Gio has just been sold to Barca for 8mill which will help me out finding a Pavlyuchenco replacement for the winter transfer window and a new first choice GK needs identyfying for the start of next season as I'm not a Gomes fan. I'm playing 4-4-2 with Modric and Lennon given wide instructions, Crouch up from as my TM with Defoe and Keane rotating, my tactics are set to direct. So far so good 5 games in and sitting in 4th place.

Jd1882: Please dont take it in the Spurs thread.

I dont understand why people needs a MCd next to Palacios? He is the perfect MCd, unless you want a more deep lying midfielder, a classic DM. And if you want that, Thudd should be perfect, except for his pace, but he is still very good. If you want a player that is brilliant both defensively and offensively as an MC, you WILL have to pay a lot, because there are very few of these players, it is as simple as that.

Any good bargains available for spurs in the full game?

As for LB, i dont understand why people dont play Bale? There are not many players available that are much better than Bale, plus Bassong can cover the LB too.

In mid August now, 2009. Signed Vukcevic for £6.5m.

King just did his crucial ligaments so he's out for 6 - 8 months! Will have to get a new CB, but I only have 500k now!

Trying to get rid of Keane and Jenas, no offers for Jenas, quite a few loan offers for Keane.

Nearly went for Patrick Viera, only to immediately not get him due to his crazy wage demands!!

So its kick off for fm10 for patch 1. Sold dos santos for 10.5 mil to city so couldtn really turn it down with krank & modric as pretty decnt lm's.

Any tactics that are likely to break top 4 give us a bell and the players that perform best. Crouch as target man seems to have worked with keane or defoe as partner.

Guti I have brought for 3.2m but thats it for now.

SWEET SWEET SUCCESS! I bought both Sandro who is a beast and Srna who is quite the stable force at RB. Sold Hutton off and GDS for 20 million dollars which is great. Also loaned out a bunch of guys. I had a heavy loss to Man U who beat me 4-1, but before that I beat Hull city 3-1 and robbie had a hat trick. Also I had quite a scare against Wolves, but pulled it out in the final minute with some chaoitic play from a corner and palacios hammered it in from the line. It was intense. My game crashed after my second carling cup game so Im really ****ed. Have to play some games I already won again. I will start saving more frequently.

I have just finished my first season in fm10 with Spurs, finished 2nd but failed to win the league with pretty much the original squad with a few new faces (beckham and sandro).

I was very close to winning the league, but Man City won due to goal difference - however all was not lost, I did beat Man Utd in the FA Cup final 2-0 with Defoe scoring both, but it was Keane who was the start of my season, scoring so many important goals, with Modric scoring the most "late" goals (85 mins +).

Beat Man City in the Community Shield at the start of the next season 3-1! (Also sold off Jenas and Dawson and bought Owen on the cheap, and Cahill from Bolton).

Great start to my new Spurs career! Loving FM10... :)

I have just finished my first season in fm10 with Spurs, finished 2nd but failed to win the league with pretty much the original squad with a few new faces (beckham and sandro).

I was very close to winning the league, but Man City won due to goal difference - however all was not lost, I did beat Man Utd in the FA Cup final 2-0 with Defoe scoring both, but it was Keane who was the start of my season, scoring so many important goals, with Modric scoring the most "late" goals (85 mins +).

Beat Man City in the Community Shield at the start of the next season 3-1! (Also sold off Jenas and Dawson and bought Owen on the cheap, and Cahill from Bolton).

Great start to my new Spurs career! Loving FM10... :)

what sort of tactic did you use mate? im having an absolute shocker at the moment, ive signed jovetic from fiorentina, sandro (loan to buy) and milito from barca and sold jenas, dos santos and hutton. im like 8 or 9 games in to the season and like 15th in the league.

i always seem to struggle to find the right tactic when i play with spurs and get disheartened when i see my beloved lillywhites gracing the bottom half of the league a la juande...

man city came in for both dos santos and huddlestone (they weren't on the transfer list or anything - and were definitely on my plans) and i've managed to rinse 20m each for both. also sold pav for 9.75 (asked for 10) to sunderland.

i've bought moussa sissoko for 15m, rio mavuba for 5m and i've got bids accepted for these following: barnetta 10m, luis suarez 17.25m and sessegnon for 20m but i don't know which to go for.

going to play 4-5-1

gomes

corluka woodgate king bae

mavuba palacios

lennon modric <new signing>

crouch

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as i am with Spurs.

There are two things, first i cannot seem to be able to offer players to any affiliate club and the reserve team is not registered to play for this season.

I suspect it may well be a bug as i had the same problem in the demo, but before i add this to the bug forum, i wanted to see if anyone else is have the same issues.

ledley king keeps getting called up to the england squad - and getting ****ing injured (go figure), ****s sake.

end of 1st window;

sold - huddlestone, dos santos 20m each + pav 9.75m = 49.75

in - luis suarez 17.25, sissoko 15, mavuba 5m, defederico 1m loan 4m future fee and zezinho 2.3m joining in 2010 = 40m

was very tempted to buy barnetta for 8m to add another class winger and use suarez up front instead but defoe/crouch have both scored 4 in 4 so far.

started off with 4-2-3-1 (2 mc 3 aml/amc/amr) but modric has been injured since pre season and will be for another month so i'm playing 4-2-2-2 (ball winning/deep lying, inside forward/winger, poacher/target man) - top of the league with 10pts after 4, drew at OT 2-2 having played better too so i'm happy so far.

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as i am with Spurs.

There are two things, first i cannot seem to be able to offer players to any affiliate club and the reserve team is not registered to play for this season.

I suspect it may well be a bug as i had the same problem in the demo, but before i add this to the bug forum, i wanted to see if anyone else is have the same issues.

In real life spurs have withdrawn their reserves from the reserves league and are just playing an academy side

Started up, sold Hutton, BAE, Dawson, and Bentley. All ressies out on loan, if they weren't already.

Bought Ronaldo and Beckham as cheap alternatives for the squad, and Moussa Sissoko, Eduardo Salvio, and Niclas Ortamendi, three for the future, but two who can slot straight in also.

Couldn't shift Pav or Keane, so stuck with 5 strikers until at least January! Poor planning on my part though, played the waiting game looking for the big sell.

Anyway, results so far:

Liverpool 1-0W

Pompey 1-1D

Wigan 0-1L

Brentford 2-1W

Brum 1-1D

Bolton 1-0W

-------------------

Quite disappointed to be honest, as those I've not won I've dominated. Still, I'm currently playing one up front, with Luka left, Lennon right and three in the middle of the park. I think I'll have to change to get more goals. Will give it a couple more games before changing up.

Got rid off all staff but scouts, physios, Jennings, Bond and Jordan. Bond and Jordan are next to go, now that the window has shut I don't mind spending the ridiculous amount of money to shift them. Just need able replacements. Anyone got a good Ass Man yet?

just drew a ****ing 25m bid from inter for bale! i kid you not, this is ridiculous. sort of feeling like it's ruining my game really.

especially considering i'm ****ing over the league, it's all a bit "too" easy but maybe there's a second half of the season slump on the way.... in all comps still, semis of cc and 4th rnd of fa cup - 2pts clear at top of EPL, with a game in hand over chelsea (2nd place). 3rd place liverpool is a further 7place pts behind. arsenal are 13th. :D (20/21 games in on 1st jan). i've not lost a game yet. 57pts from 21. (3draws.). pav has been killing it for sunderland, 19 goals in 20. but crouch is 22 in 21 for me so no loss, really. everyone else is contributing with goals too - defoe 10 in 11, keane 6 in 12, suarez 9 in 17 (play him wide left a bit), and mavuba 7 in 18 (with 6 assists too - **** knows how i play him as a bloody ball winning midfielder!)

that matias defederico has 2 goals and 6 assists in 8 (7.50avg) and has really shot up in attributes, i reckon i'll make that permanent for the 4.9m on top because his PA has risen to 3.5 stars now and i'm 95% sure it was 'only' 3 when i brought him in.

Ok, i have just completed my 2nd season with spurs.

09/10 - 3rd

10/11 - 5th got to the qtrs of the champions league.

I have only bought 2 players; Ignashevich and Sessegnon.

My biggest gripe is with Levy!

The nob keep overiding me and selling players.

Modric was my best, he let him go fo £11m, woodgate £5m, jenas £5m, lennon £10m. dawson 2,7m.

Is there anyway of stopping this.

It looks as though i may ahve to resign from my beloved SPURS:mad:

man city came in for both dos santos and huddlestone (they weren't on the transfer list or anything - and were definitely on my plans) and i've managed to rinse 20m each for both. also sold pav for 9.75 (asked for 10) to sunderland.

i've bought moussa sissoko for 15m, rio mavuba for 5m and i've got bids accepted for these following: barnetta 10m, luis suarez 17.25m and sessegnon for 20m but i don't know which to go for.

going to play 4-5-1

gomes

corluka woodgate king bae

mavuba palacios

lennon modric <new signing>

crouch

Sessegnon takes a season before he becomes good

JamJerome: May I ask what kind of formation your playing? I`m playing a pretty standard 4-4-2 but I can`t get higher than 8th place.... Some tips would be greatly appreciated ;)

i switch between two formations, a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1

4-4-2 involves 2 ball winning central midfielders and an advanced playmaker (modric/kranjcar) on the left and a winger (lennon/bentley) on the right with a deep lying forward (suarez/keane) and a target man (crouch) up front - if defoe plays he's always either advanced forward or poacher depending on who i am playing.

4-5-1 is similar with 2 ball winners, inside forward on the left (suarez), adv playmaker (modric) amc, winger right, target man up front.

the key comes to using the right strategies in the right matches, i've been using counter vs strong teams and nearly always coming off well, and if i start really well i change that to control in the 20-30min mark. most other games i start with standard before switching to one of control/attacking depending on how the other team seems at the start, again.

into my second season now, as spurs boss. currently struggling in the league, finished last season in 8th (top 8 teams where seperated from 71pts to 68pts)...

have not bought anyone really, mostly been paying youth. (under 18's who i also managed are unbeaten this season 11 out of 11)... bought vider trondsen, young right winger who has taken lennon's spot due to lennon moaning and wanting to move to bigger club, after manure wished to buy him. his form along with Sgt. Palacios has been crap this season (wilson also unhappy and wants too leave)...

have sold, bentley, ohara, hutton (loan to buy), benny and ledders was let go at end of season due to some terrible form...

playing a 4-2-2-2...

Ok, i have just completed my 2nd season with spurs.

09/10 - 3rd

10/11 - 5th got to the qtrs of the champions league.

I have only bought 2 players; Ignashevich and Sessegnon.

My biggest gripe is with Levy!

The nob keep overiding me and selling players.

Modric was my best, he let him go fo £11m, woodgate £5m, jenas £5m, lennon £10m. dawson 2,7m.

Is there anyway of stopping this.

It looks as though i may ahve to resign from my beloved SPURS:mad:

that's ridiculous, haven't seen anything of the like happen to me - he didn't even override me when i had the 25m bid for bale in, although i did accept. mind you he did back in the summer when the first big bid from man city came of 20m for dos santos. maybe he just needs an initial bit in the bank.

i switch between two formations, a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1

4-4-2 involves 2 ball winning central midfielders and an advanced playmaker (modric/kranjcar) on the left and a winger (lennon/bentley) on the right with a deep lying forward (suarez/keane) and a target man (crouch) up front - if defoe plays he's always either advanced forward or poacher depending on who i am playing.

4-5-1 is similar with 2 ball winners, inside forward on the left (suarez), adv playmaker (modric) amc, winger right, target man up front.

the key comes to using the right strategies in the right matches, i've been using counter vs strong teams and nearly always coming off well, and if i start really well i change that to control in the 20-30min mark. most other games i start with standard before switching to one of control/attacking depending on how the other team seems at the start, again.

Thanks for the tips...So you are not fine tuning on the sliders?? I really hope that I can avoid that this season, I think the "new" tactical system looks much more like "real life".. good luck with your next season :)

You will laugh. I'm just 3 games into my season. Been very busy and obsessive with getting face packs etc into the game.

Im the same.I set myself up to play the game and then spent 4 hours looking for logos,facepacks and on tottenham websites ranting about yesterdays game :o(

that's ridiculous, haven't seen anything of the like happen to me - he didn't even override me when i had the 25m bid for bale in, although i did accept. mind you he did back in the summer when the first big bid from man city came of 20m for dos santos. maybe he just needs an initial bit in the bank.

Very frustrating.

Wouldnt mind if it was for big money- but modric 11m????- , or i had spent money, but i bought my players after he sold them.

odd that no-one else is having this problem

My first month of being Spurs manager went brilliantly.

Tottenham 3-1 Liverpool

Wolves 2-2 Tottenham

Fulham 0-2 Tottenham

Tranmere 1-3 Tottenham

Tottenham 1-0 Wigan

Blackburn 2-3 Tottenham

Tottenham 1-0 Birmingham.

I am playing a Barca style 4-5-1:

tottenhamfm10tactic.png

Gk: Normal

FB: Defend

FB: Defend

CB: Ball playing

CB: Limited

DM: Anchor-man

CMa:Advanced Playmaker

CMd:ball-winning midfielder

AML: Advanced Playmaker

AMR: Winger

ST: Trequartista

This tactic has been doing very well, I play an attacking style with an offside trap. The Trequartista up front works surprisingly well as the striker creates chances for both himself and the midfielders (just to clarify Wilson has 3 goals in the league and VdV 2).

SOLD:

Dean Parrett 2.5M: Liverpool

Alan Hutton 3.8M: Sunderland

Jermaine Jenarse: 750k up front 4.2m future fee loan: FC Twente

Jonathan Obika loan: Hereford

Danny Rose loan: Brighton

BOUGHT:

Rafael Van Der Vaart 4.5M: Real Madrid

Gary Gardner 300K: Aston Villa

I managed to grab manager of the month award for August and am top (although Man Utd have a game in hand) at this very moment. If this form continues, Champions league qualification is dead cert.

Thanks for the tips...So you are not fine tuning on the sliders?? I really hope that I can avoid that this season, I think the "new" tactical system looks much more like "real life".. good luck with your next season :)
normally i am a real finetuning little bitch when it comes to tactics but when my team is working so fluidly already i don't really see the need to bother to change anything.

update:

end of jan window

sold bale 25m to inter

bought vargas as left back replacement, 10m

made defederico deal permanent, 4.9m

also completely revamped ass man. / coaches now - new ass man reckons i need a new CM to partner palacios, which is fair enough because mavuba is "only" 2.5 stars but he has been playing out of his skin. i only initially bought him (5m) as a back up for moussa sissoko(15m)/palacios but he's just too good. will keep him. but i need to give sissoko as much game time as possible so he fulfils his ludicrous potential though.

my current problem, something i stupidly didn't rectify in the jan window because of FM's overrating of corluka as a CB and kyle naughton seems to be doing alright at RB whenever i need him there is that woodgate and king quite realistically, are injured often - and bassong during the african nations has tore ligaments leaving him out for the next 2-3 months absolutely crippling me because he's been phenomenal to be honest.

i've been trying to tempt bruno alves over despite his age but he has no intention of joining, hopefully if i continue the second half of the season strongly and end up in the t4 he will change his mind in the summer.

Archived