FM10: Tottenham Hotspur - Come on you Spurs!

tottenhamfmo7

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just hammered everton 4-0 in the league cup final thanks to a crouch hattrick. 9pts clear in the league with a game in hand, 25 wins 3 draws in 28 games. 70 scored, 20 conceded. worried fm10 is a bit too easy with the tactics creator and presets because this is definitely due to no fluke too - i've conceded 2nd least, and scored the most - +50 GD, best in the league. crouch now on 29 goals in all comps this season with 2 months to go.

Do you guys loose A LOT of money? I`m losing an average of 5 mill each month...My whole balance is gone...

yep i lose around 3-4m a month, but luckily i've made a lot of money through transfers to fill up my balance, 15m left.

if you click on transfer centre -> clauses you'll see we still pay around £1.1m a month to various clubs on monthly installments, that's a big drip on the balance.

One week before the season starts and i lose Gomes and Cudicini to injury.

Gomes out for 4 weeks and Cudicini out for 3 months

Luckily i have £4.5 million left and instead of playing Jimmy 103 years old Walker i buy Oscar Ustari and the fans go mental so its the biggest waste of money.

1st game Ustari plays and i beat Sunderland 3-0

just hammered everton 4-0 in the league cup final thanks to a crouch hattrick. 9pts clear in the league with a game in hand, 25 wins 3 draws in 28 games. 70 scored, 20 conceded. worried fm10 is a bit too easy with the tactics creator and presets because this is definitely due to no fluke too - i've conceded 2nd least, and scored the most - +50 GD, best in the league. crouch now on 29 goals in all comps this season with 2 months to go.

Wow really impressive :) Looks like Tottenham is to easy for you.... Wolves or Hull next maybe?

Is Ekotto playing well for you lot? Thinking of replacing him but not sure who with.

Only Modric has higher rating in my team... I want to play Bale but Ekotto is keeping him out... I think you should focus on other parts of the team before you replace him

yep i lose around 3-4m a month, but luckily i've made a lot of money through transfers to fill up my balance, 15m left.

if you click on transfer centre -> clauses you'll see we still pay around £1.1m a month to various clubs on monthly installments, that's a big drip on the balance.

Any chance of your tactic? ;)

Only Modric has higher rating in my team... I want to play Bale but Ekotto is keeping him out... I think you should focus on other parts of the team before you replace him

What other parts would you recommend focusing on? I have brought in Beckham and Sandro (on loan). Looking at Jovetic

err how exatly, tactics??

Must admit I'm shocked I managed 4th in 2nd season (5th in first) but what your doing is another level, we are talking with Spurs so please tell me more details.

Cheers

err how exatly, tactics??

Must admit I'm shocked I managed 4th in 2nd season (5th in first) but what your doing is another level, we are talking with Spurs so please tell me more details.

Cheers

4-2(ball winning mc)-2(advanced playmaker on the left, modric and lennon/bentley on the right as a winger)-2 (target man crouch / complete forward suarez) is my strongest team.

i also play 4-2-3-1 with inside forward as AML, adv PM AMC and winger AMR and 2 ball winners again.

wish i bought jack rodwell (also 15m) instead of moussa at the start because he can cover CB well too and seems to have a similar ability/potential as moussa

I use a DM anchorman in a Barca 4-5-1 so Moussa was the more preferable option for me, particularly as I have Bassong and King as well as Daws and Woody as backup, so i didn't particularly need another CB or even another CM. Also, King and Lennon are both home-grown I believe, and both are regulars for the first team for me. Two other Academy Grown players shouldn't be too much of a strain, as we have Dawson, Woody, Defoe, Crouch and Naughton who are all Nation-grown.

yep, i was only really saying because i've struggled to ever have more than 2 CBs fit at a time, corluka's played in fact in the centre for me at least 5 times.

i've been pm-ed several times about my tactics, for one and all here:

this my squad

gomes/cudicini

corluka/hutton (wing back automatic), king/dawson(ball playing defend), woodgate/bassong(centre back defend), vargas/bae(wing back automatic) (kyle naughton back up to both full backs)

palacios/sissoko(ball winning defend), mavuba/jenas (ball winning support)

lennon/bentley(winger attack) - modric/kranjcar(advanced playmaker support)

crouch (target man) suarez (complete forward)

if i play a 4-5-1 i have suarez or defederico as AML inside forward attack.

if defoe plays, with crouch or suarez he is poacher, with keane he is an advanced fw. keane is always a deep lying forward.

a key thing is match strategies, i always use counter when odds are against me, and standard to start a game if not moving into control or attacking or overload dependent on how the opposition starts. btw switch back to full back settings instead of wing back for DR/DL against top teams too. i've just now switched gomes to a 'sweeper keeper' on defend, should let me be a lot more aggressive i figure but it may back fire, we'll see.

just having a look at how the other leagues are going in my game - barca have raped la liga silly. 28 games in, 26 wins and 2 draws - only 2pts better than me but their GD is +71, having scored 88 goals in these 28. jesus ****ing christ. over 3 a game, AI managed. incredible. zlatan has an avg rating of 8.51... in fact 15 of their squad have 7.5+ avg ratings. :eek:

Well the season ended on a real high for me... Last game of the season and I snatched the 4th place from Chelsea.. I think it was justice since they beat me in the league cup final :)

Things are looking brighter, one thing that made my tactic was to stick Modrick in an attacking wing position with playmaker instructions, he never looked back.... I really needed to qualify for the CL since I`m losing money for fun.... Hoping to build on this next season...

I'm finding the game laughably easy compared to 09, which was a tactical wilderness. It is honestly one of the best games I have ever played, and I am thoroughly enjoying my experience. 4-5-1 seems to have supplanted 4-4-2 as the most popular tactic across the boards, but it is harder to implement, admitedly. I feel having a lone striker who drops deep is virtually a 4-6-0, with all members of the squad chipping in with goals. Robbie Keane is the best option as a withdrawn forward, but Jermaine Defoe and Roman Pavlyuchenko can do a job as well.

I have tried implementing a target man, but it seems to reduce the goalscoring effectiveness of the team as a whole.

yep the team play blissfully fluidly. although as i get cocky i lose my first match of the season, the 31st league game of the season in a 4-3 thriller against stoke with crouch scoring a hattrick but to no avail. still, 7 games to go 9pts at the top - i've got to play chelsea liverpool and arsenal in my last 4 games (the other being burnley) though which could be troublesome.

yeah barca were **** when i played the demo, wonder what's changed them into playing well, more realistically, i guess.

both my losses were in the 4-4-2, switched back to my 4-5-1 for my fa cup semi vs west ham (who have signed david beckham on my game btw!) and won comfortably in a 2-0 roll over. fa cup final vs everton again, hopefully it'll be a simple repeat of the league cup (and i won't have to eat these very words...) chelsea luckily lost again last game so i'm still 3pts clear, with 2 in hand.

mick brown the scout who's roaming south america's just found me this 14(!) year old brazilian MC (newgen presumably) called oliveira, who's ****ing 180cm and 70kg, hilarious. he looks like he has some serious potential too, 4 stars - £3m value. actual value, not price. but he won't be able to come to spurs til july 1st 2013..... lol. i've sent off oliver bierhoff to have a better look at him first before i make a real 'delayed' buy. :D.

beat sunderland to do the double of league and league cup with 3 games to go and fa cup final remaining. everyone's gone mental, etc etc. ace.edit: brought down to earth by losing to burnley 3-2 away, who have already been relegated this season being 9pts off 19th place before the match (now 6).

2009/10 has finished and it's time to celebrate Spurs' first "not quite as great but who gives a ****" Treble!

Season Summary

Premier League - Champions

FA Cup - Champions

League Cup - Champions

Key Players

Peter Crouch - 38 goals and 11 assists, enough said.

Luka Modric (Captain) - my team's inspiration, pure genius and consistently.

Luis Suarez - the player who scored out of nothing against the true top teams. world class.

EPL.png

facupfinal.png

leaguecup.png

squadstats.png

apologies for the poor quality of the pics, too lazy to do them all over again, and for my amateurish attempts to fit the squad stats page in 1 on the last one, oops haha.

Hindsight

Selling Roman Pavlyuchenko for 9.75m - top scorer ahead of Crouch with 32 goals, he scored 38 goals in 46 starts and 9 assists too.

Not buying Jack Rodwell when he was still 18 for a variety of reasons: CB cover + extra academy grown player, etc.

Future Plans

invest in youth, scour the world for u18s this coming summer.

upgrade from Cudicini, invest in a non-injury prone centre half that's class, and maybe sell jenas and buy Hernanes because i've always liked the look of him - but that's selling 2 english players and probably bringing 2 foreigners in and obviously i need to have 4 club-grown and another 4 nation-grown players out of 25 for UCL.

I have bought Enyeama and Annan so far. Not sure who else to go for.
i don't really think you need anyone else tbh, that annan looks class. who you buy next is dependent on who you sell, i only bought sissoko and suarez because i got so much in for huddlestone and dos santos, as more or less direct replacements (and a huge upgrade, imo). and vargas when i got a silly fee for bale, again in january.

I have signed Beckham just for a bit of experience (and only 300k). I am pretty happy with my squad to be honest but think I am missing a prolific striker.

I have turned down some ridiculous bids for Modric but noone has come in for Pav or Huddlestone yet. I wouldn't turn down 20 mil for Hud! and i agree 25 mil for Bale is stupid aswell

Archived