FM10 Portsmouth Thread

Sheer Class

Hi everyone, had a great start to life in the EPL with the boys from Portsmouth. Got as high as 6th after about 20 games. Things took a turn for the worse in the New Year, losing 3-2 at home to Everton after being 2-0 up. That was the beginning of the end of the season, as I managed only 2 wins in the last 16 games (including the Everton game) and finished 14th.

I did not sign any players before the closure of the August transfer window, and only managed to get Landon Donovan in January on a free transfer. I sold Ashdown to Spurs for 700k in January. These were my only two transfer moves all season.

Things have picked up though, as I was handed 11million to finish mid table for the start of the second season. I had already signed a list of nobodies on free transfers before this good news, and will now need to manage the squad appropriately in order to comply with the squad registration deadlines which are in place for season 2.

So far I've managed to sign Deco on a free transfer from Chelsea, as well as securing Van den Borre and O'Hara on permanent deals.

Hope you're all battling away with your squads. Good luck.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 2 Pre-season Update.

So after the joy and frustration of my first season in charge at Fratton Park I have set myself a task and a half to replicate it. Thankfully Al Faraj has given me £21.5m to spend and I can sell quite a few of the dead weight to raise extra funds.

I have been able to sign loan star Aaron Lennon for the agreed price of £13m from Tottenham and I hope I will get more of what he showed in his 6 months he was with me on loan. I have sold Richard Hughes, David Nugent, John Utaka, Mike Williamson, Kanu, Omar Koroma and Igor Zoftak for a combined total of £13.7m which has meant I have better options for signing players.

My Current line-up is as follows;

GK James

DL Belhadj

DR Belletti

DC Simunek

DC Ben Haim

DMC Mokoena/TBC

MC Deco

ML McGeady

MR Krivets

FC Van Nistlerooy

FC Frutos

The weakest area for me is DMC and I have a possible plan there but it depends on a choice. I have at the moment agreed transfer fees for Veloso(£14.5m), Jovetic(£15m) and Van Der Vaart(£8m) but it doesn’t take a mega mathematician to work out that I can’t have all of them. With a little tweak to the wage budget I might be able to bring in Van Der Vaart and one of the other 2 but which do I go for? If I do go for VDV I will probably look at dropping one of the FC and play an AMC as a Trequartista. If I bring in Veloso he will replace Mokoena in DMC but if I bring in Jovetic he will either go ML or as FC and if he goes ML then the AMC plan may return once more.

I have experimented during Pre-Season with the AMC plan and it does show potential, but it needs the right player. I have only played 2 games due to what I think is a little bug and it was a 3-2 defeat to Notts County and a 1-0 win over St. Mirren. With the Notts County game I was tinkering with tactics so the defeat was not a major issue but the match against St. Mirren I was with my set tactic with the AMC and I was dominant but I played with Bojinov upfront so not my most potent attacker.

I have played my first League game which was an away trip to Man City who are tipped to be runners up in the League this year and I played a more reserved tactic to the attacking variant that I used in the amazing 6-4 defeat at the end of last season. A dodgy penalty decision was looking like it would separate the teams but a 74th minute freekick from Deco meant it was a second 1-1 draw at Eastlands for my team.

So guys…..over to you….which of my transfer targets do I go for??? Of course I might get a big no from one or all of them yet if they don’t want to join my Fratton Freight train.

August and September Update.

Gone a bit quiet on this thread and as no one offered advice on my transfer dilemma I went it alone.

My decision was to buy all three!!!!!

A bit of late and swift selling of Kevin Prince Boateng(£4.5m), Aaron Mokoena(£3.1m), Papa Diop(£2.4m), Gael Nlundulu(£1.75m) and Gauthier Mahoto(£1.2m) meant I raised just enough to afford all three players. Downside of this though is I have totally busted my wage budget to do it and even if I do get any money in January I will have to put it towards the wages to help stabilise things.

With these new signings in place my lineup now looked like this;

Tactic.png

With the new signings in place I was feeling pretty confident of being able to do something quite good with this side and challenge for Europe. After the Man City game I faced a Burnley side at home fresh from a 3-1 home win against Man Utd and they were able to better me with a Deco goal my consolation in a 2-1 defeat however this was the last game I played without any of my new signings.

It was then my turn to make the reverse journey to Lancashire and face Blackburn at Ewood and this was my first glimpse of what looks to be a classy lineup 2 Van Nistlerooy strikes and a Krivets goal gave me a great 3-0 away win.

I then had a perfect opportunity to fully blood my new players with a home Carling cup tie against Swansea. I put out all three players plus a few of my fringe squad and although they needed a kick up the arse at half time they gave me a good 3-1 win with Van Der Vaart getting his debut goal and Marquinhos getting a brace.

It was back down to earth in the next game with a tough game home to Chelsea. After being thumped twice by them last season I planned for them this time round and despite losing 2-1 I was still happy as it was a marked improvement.

After a lengthy international break there was no let up as my next visitors were Liverpool. Just like Chelsea I made plans and I made specific plans for Gerrard. These paid off as I was leading 1-0 going into the last 5 minutes when Gerrard slipped his marker to unleash a thunderbolt. I would be happy with the draw and had no arguments over that kind of goal. But Deco had other ideas and he scored a controversial last kick of the game winner to give me my third consecutive win against Liverpool.

Next up was a trip to Fulham and they were bottom of the league and looking doomed. No one told them as they came at me and snatched a 2-1 win. My goal coming through a Simunek header from a corner.

Everton were my next trip and as they had beaten me 2 times last season I was hesitant about our chances but two stunning Van Der Vaart long range efforts and a sweet Ronaldo poachers effort wrapped up a nice 3-1 win.

I next had my 3rd round Carling cup tie at home to Doncaster and I want to rest my main players so made 10 changes to the starting line up from the last game. Krivets, Ben Haim and Vanden Borre scored in a straightforward 3-0 win.

My final game of the period was home to Wigan and I was hoping to carry on the good goalscoring form and I duly did, but with some serious effort needed. Wigan went up very early with a 4th minute penalty and Van Nistlerooy equalised 5 minutes later. Then Wigan once more scored in the 36th minute through a poor goal to concede. After a severe half time rollicking my team came out fighting and a second Van Nistlerooy goal with once more the saviour Deco scoring to secure a 3-2 win.

At the end of September I am 7th and still in the Carling cup with a home tie against Newcastle to look forward to.

P 8 W 4 D 1 L 3 F 15 A 11 Pts 13

Great stuff Pompeyboyz :D

Got a hell of a team there now, I am going to start again with Portsmouth now. I did do a mess about season to see how things were like (Takeovers, Budgets, Debt, Team etc).

Want to do them minor changes like SheerClass said, But I can't bring myself to using the editor, :( even if it is for legitimate reasons! Ha.

Great stuff Pompeyboyz :D

Got a hell of a team there now, I am going to start again with Portsmouth now. I did do a mess about season to see how things were like (Takeovers, Budgets, Debt, Team etc).

Want to do them minor changes like SheerClass said, But I can't bring myself to using the editor, :( even if it is for legitimate reasons! Ha.

If you only do those changes as per SC it brings a sense of realism to your game....If you use the editor like those that have totally messed things up and been unrealistic then it is not good for the game.

Gents, anyone had any joy with John Utaka?

As a Pompey fan the first thing I wanted to do was sell him but I resisted the temptation! After the first season I finished 10th and his record was:

PL - played 35, 25 goals, 11 assists, 7.20 av rating.

He was miles away my best player. Now started the 2nd season and he's just as good:

PL - played 16, 14 goals, 5 assists, 7.40 av rating.

I'm currently sat 3rd in the league!! Form is sure to dip but everything going swimmingly at the mo.

I play Utaka as one of 2 up front, Advanced Forward - Attacking. Anyone had anything similar?

I have just uncovered something which might be making my career game a bit null.

Previously I had been playing about with the Transfer Embargo LNC file and have found out I accidently left one of my trial edits in place. Man Utd have an embargo till 2013 :(

I really don't want to have to start again as I am doing so well but it is not a fair game as Man Utd are struggling in season 2 due to selling Ben Foster with Van Der Sar and Kucznack(sp) both out long term injuries.

Changes you can make

Staff

Ali Al Faraj

Change from Director to Chairman

Change from Player/Non Player to Non Player

CA: 160

PA: 190

Board Confidence: 170

Fans Confidence: 155

Sulaiman Al Fahim

Change from Chairman to Director

Kevin-Prince Boateng

Controversy: 20 > 14

Pressure: 14 > 11

Professionalism: 2 > 8

Temperament:: 2 > 9

Current Ability: 124 > 138

Finishing: 8 > 12

Long Shots: 11 > 14

Composure: 8 > 13

Concentration: 8 > 12

Consistency: 8 > 13

Decisions: 7 > 11

Vision: 13 > 15

Should have the following PPM's

Gets into opposition area

Shoots long

Runs with ball often

Tries steps over etc

Gets crowd going

Gets forward whenever possible

Younes Kaboul

Jumping: 15 > 19

Aaron Mokoena

Current Ability: 129 > 125

Anticipation: 14 > 10

Postioning: 14 > 12

Antti Niemi

Job: Player/GK Coach > Player

Classification: Player and Non Player > Player

Frederic Piquionne

Strength: 15 > 13

Finances

Remove every debt bar the £13.6m one

Wage Budget: £7.5k > £25k

Finally going to make these changes but would it be cheating if I put Avram as DoF considering hes now our manager?

Changes you can make

Staff

Kevin-Prince Boateng

Should have the following PPM's

Gets into opposition area

Shoots long

Runs with ball often

Tries steps over etc

Gets crowd going

Gets forward whenever possible

You left the arguably most obvious one out:

Shoots with Power :)

I am struggling to find motivation to start a new Pompey game :(

My last game I finished mid-table but I turned laptop off by holding the power button while FM was saving, (schoolboy error, I know) and it corrupted my save, and now I can't click start a new game with Portsmouth :p

Why are you guys changing Sulaiman Al Fahim and Ali Al Faraj around when in real life Sulaiman Al Fahim is the Chairman?

Fahim isnt the chairman any more, hes a non-excutive director (although wiki says hes 'Non-Executive Chairman'). Al Faraj is our chairman now though.

Portsmouth Update

england-portsmouth.png

Early July - End of October

2009/2010 Season

I did the couple small changes as said by Sheer Class, but nothing else.

I didn't give myself £150m, or any of noobish stuff people have been doing on this thread!

Transfers

As a avid Portsmouth fan, I didn't want to add loads and loads of players (for a price or free), I like the team and wanted to keep it as realistic as possible for this first season. The only signings I made was;

The Outs:

Papa Diop - £4m

- I looked at all the midfielders and thought he was a bit surplus to requirments, I already had a hell of a lot of narrow players at my disposal and I could get a great price for Diop

Jordan Hughes - Loan

The Ins:

Mario Silva - Free

- Due to Hreidarsson and his age, I thought it was better I played him at centre back when needed, with Belhadj at left back and Silva as back up

Robert Lewandowski - £2.7

- After a bit of budget adjustment, I could pay £1.3m upfront and the rest over 48months. Needed a striker, which could last the full 90 minutes when called upon, still hasn't really broke into the first team or really impressed yet, but I still have hope!

Tactics

Due to Portsmouths real lack of attacking width genius and quality, It was inevitable that I should be playing a narrow formation. I went with a rather defensive, yet counter attacking 4-1-3-2. The main jist of this formation was to play around Boateng, who is a real game winner, along with Utaka.

Portsmouthtactic.png

Basically that is my strongest and preffered line-up. Brown has been absolutely brilliant, one of my favourite players of present in this squad. Belhadj could be a bit better defensively in all honesty, most of my goals are conceded down the left, while as Borre is brilliant, I have loved this guy since FM07, and to actually have him in my squad from the beginning is a real bonus!

Fixtures

Birmingham City 0-2 Portsmouth

Great start to the season, easy game in all fairness and a John Utaka double coming off the bench.

Portsmouth 0-0 Man City

We handled all the pressure Man City mounted onto us, and gave a couple of signs late in the second half to win it, either way, I was happy with the result!

Chelsea 1-0 Portsmouth

Very unlucky result, A game we could have won at times, but Chelsea took their chance they had in the second half and punished a mistake by Belhadj.

Norwich City 1-3 Portsmouth (Carling Cup)

Sent out a weakened side, which in all honesty I though would destroy us, but in the end it turned out to be a easy run out for the lads!

Portsmouth 3-1 Hull City

Great result, and Hull never looked to be in this fixture at all, a very dominant Portsmouth side took all 3 points, with goals from all 3 attackers (Kanu, Piq and Utaka)

West Ham 1-1 Portsmouth

Very, very sloppy display towards the end of the game, a late 82nd minute goal was cancelled out by a 84th minute strike by Carlton Cole. Hate conceding straight away!

Portsmouth 2-0 Wolves

Brown scored again in a confident performance by Pompey, and an unlikely edge of the area rocket of a free kick by Kaboul, which flew in the top corner where the keeper was standing! Easy win.

Wolves 1-2 Portsmouth (Carling Cup)

Playing Wolves back-to-back had its advantages, you knew they wasn't going to change their tactics that much. And I was right, they played the same team, yet this away fixture seemed all to difficult to break in 90 minutes. That man Michael Brown scored another top quality goal only for it to be ruled out 8 minutes later by Doyle. The game was wrapped up with an extraordinary run from his own area from Utaka and a lovely finish!

Sunderland 1-3 Portsmouth

Awesome result! And I can guess who you know who the scorers was already? Utaka double and a late penalty from Michael Brown secured a classy show from the boys in blue. The league was looking pretty tasty for me!

Portsmouth 2-4 Tottenham

The bitter taste of reality slapped me in the face in this fixture, we took the lead at the beginning of the game, but in the end, the title contending Spurs was just too strong overall, breaking our squad and causing a lot of injuries, and finishing the game with 9 men on the field because of this!

Liverpool 2-2 Portsmouth

What a game! We took the lead twice in this game, but on both occasions, Liverpool scored straight from the restart! Boateng made it 1-0 on the 30minute mark, with a goal from Agger 32mins gone, and then an own goal from Johnson 56th minute was ruled out almost simultaneously by a Kuyt 58 minute goal! Either way, I went to Anfield and bagged a point, Happy days!

Portsmouth 2-2 Blackburn Rovers

The second 2-2 result in a week, and this time, I threw away a halftime 2-0 lead. Both goals from Blackburn was magical, and both coming from Stock. A 25 yard rifle of a strike made it 2-1 and a late 30 yard free kick made it 2-2. Dissapointing, especially at home. But the league is still looking sweet.

Portsmouth 2-3 West Ham (Carling Cup)

We bravely tried our luck at fighting back from 3-0 from a quick managerial decision at half time to go 4-1-2-2-1 with attacking wide wingers, and it almost paid off, with Lewandowski missing for me the sitter of the season in the 92nd minute to make it 3-3. But hey, it was a weaker side.. What more can you ask for?

Conclusion

The league is looking brilliant, with us sitting at 7th place!

Wasn't expecting such a great start to the beginning of the season, a couple of hiccups can be forgiven if we can keep around this place until christmas! Sure enough I have a few harder fixtures coming up soon, but hopefully with the large squad I have at my disposal, I can challenge for a top-half finish this season!

Premier League - October 31st

Will be updating again at the start of January, with maybe a potential new player, but no promises yet as I am still negotiating!

Tyoldinho ;)

ive found a way to help out the finance situation and it involves glenn hoddle, well atleast his academy. got my reserves playing the glenn hoddle football academy bout 2-3 times a month gives me bout 170k-190k a game depending on the day i book it for.

its only a small amount of money but it helps when uve got bout 40m in loans.

Standard_liege!

Cheers buddy!

I will keep that layout for future updates :)

It is all going well to be honest, and a hell of a lot better than I thought it would! In all honesty, due to the size and depth of our squad (minus the wings) we actually have a pretty decent team! :thup: Im enjoying a save for once!

Standard Liege's Portsmouth update!

All I have done is change the things Sheerclass told me to do :thup:

Season 09/10 July-Early Sept

Transfers

In's

I only brought in one player to strengthen my team.

Sergey Krivets -400k, really good attacking midfielder and at a bargain price, already has 3 assists and starts on the right wing.

Landon Donovan - Joining in Jan on a free transfer, should be a cracking signing.

Outs

Two players left the club during the summer, and one out on loan.

Hayden Mullins -2 Million was the price Ipswich paid for him, which was a great bit of business for us.

Jamie Ashdown - 800k to Swansea was a good deal for us as we already have 3 godd goalkeepers at the club

Jordan Hughes - Loan to Salisbury should help him get some vital experience.

Strongest Line up

James

Vanden Borre

Belhadj

Kaboul

Ben-Haim

Krivets

O'Hara

Boateng

Yebda

Piquinne

Utaka

Overall, I think my squad is good enough to stay up, despite it needing a few additions.

Fixtures

Birmingham City 1-3 Portsmouth

Great start to the season for us, despite going behind in the 30th minute we soon equalised and fought on and could of score 4 if Vanden Borre didnt miss a late penalty

'30 Lee Chun-Soo

'34 Ben-Haim

'53 Utaka

'73 Kanu Attendance - 29,509

Portsmouth 2-0 Blackburn Rovers

Another good win, and a clean sheet. We domanited throughout and deserved the victory. 2 out of 2 :thup:

'30 Yebda

'84 Boateng Attendance - 20,600

Bolton Wanderers 1-3 Portsmouth

Another game another win ;) But another well deserved win for Pompey, They took the lead through a penalty but we fought back again to claim victory.

'22 Ricketts (pen)

'39 Utaka

'56 O'Hara

'90 Piquionne Attendance - 26,559

Portsmouth 3-1 Hartlepool

Made 9 changes from the last changes including debuts for Webber, Williamson, Hurst, Nlundulu and Kilbey. So a easy victory and cruise through to the 3rd round against Arsenal. They went down to ten men on 68 minutes with Brown getting S/O.

'41 Webber

'45 Williamson

'46 Brown

'77 Webber Attendance - 19,654

Portsmouth 0-1 Chelsea

Really unlucky not to get something out of this game as we had chances, especially Piquionne, who could of had a hattrick. Even Liedson getting S/O didnt matter in the end.

'12 Liedson

Fulham 2-2 Portsmouth

Was 2-0 down and fought back to 2-2, really was a great game and we deserved more tbh. 5th in the league.

'14 Nevland

'24 James O.G

'61 Piquionne

'75 Boateng Attendance- 25,661

The league is looking brilliant, with us sitting at 5th place!

Wasn't expecting such a great start to the beginning of the season, a couple of hiccups can be forgiven if we can keep around this place until christmas! Sure enough I have a few harder fixtures coming up soon, but hopefully with the large squad I have at my disposal, I can challenge for a top-half finish this season! Thanks Tyoldinho;)

standard_liege!

I was reading that last bit, and was like, this sounds all too familiar :p then I see the bit on the end :D!

Great going buddy, 5th place is a great start to the season, I am hoping for 8/9th place in my first season!

I went after Krivets at the beginning, but he snubbed me and went elsewhere, and I gave him 10k more than he asked!

I want Beckham, but I can't offer a contract at the moment. I can normally offer him one right at the beggining of the game. :( For some strange reason he signed a 1 year extension, so there is no Approach to Sign option!

I could never sign Donovan due to my hatred for him from FM08 I think :p

My only transfer activity if I can raise the funds in Jan, is Annan. I love that guy, he is literally awesome for the Anchor man role. :) One of my favourite players on FM10.

At the moment, I have Basinas lying infront of the defence, but due to age, I am looking to replace him now rather than later :thup:

welshace

Thanks :D For once I am really enjoying a Portsmouth save :) And I have no idea why?

I am now on an unbeaten run of 4, shame all 4 have been draws :( For some reason as well, even though I think I am lying 8th, the Jury is still out to get me? Oh well, I'll show them!

ok after many different games on fm 2010 i thought it was about time to see what i can do with what is a very short poppy side

i've also made SC's suggested changes so debt is less but clearly i still have no money

only other change i've made is i have a new ground same as the proposed 36,000 seater stadium which never happened dont get that for 2 years tho

In

Henri Camara Free

Dietmar Hamann Free

Micheal Ball Free

Sol Campbell Free

Out

Ashdown £1m

totally bust my wages but should be ok fingers crossed :p

wish me luck i'll report with updates

ok... so ive put my brum save to the side for now...

the challenge of pompey sounds too good...

like everyone else ive implemented SC's changes and nothing else... il post an update after my new game loads .. 250,000 player database takes my little laptop years to load up ..sigh

edit: whoaaaa how about this for a result?! first friendly of the season against liverpool ... 4-0 .. get in...

scouseresult.th.jpg

(the main update will be coming after the window is closed.. i have a few deals in the pipeline id like to get wrapped up before updating here )

ok after many different games on fm 2010 i thought it was about time to see what i can do with what is a very short poppy side

i've also made SC's suggested changes so debt is less but clearly i still have no money

only other change i've made is i have a new ground same as the proposed 36,000 seater stadium which never happened dont get that for 2 years tho

In

Henri Camara Free

Dietmar Hamann Free

Micheal Ball Free

Sol Campbell Free

Out

Ashdown £1m

totally bust my wages but should be ok fingers crossed :p

wish me luck i'll report with updates

You could've held off the stadium as I have had an expansion to 30100 in my second season with the board looking to exand further in the near future

finally started to win with portsmouth after going like 13 games without getting a win. utaka and komora are deadly up front together.

i got the problem now that the average age of my squad is about 32 lol.

Titi 14 - i signed camara for free hes terrible my fans hate him. (ps. use sol with some1 fast at the back)

Giblet yeah i realise this now hes awful mite get rid in jan

pompeyboyz oh i didnt think fratton park could be expanded else i would of left it then again i dont check either lol

i was pretty happy with my squad before but spurs offered me 6m for papa and hes getting on so off he went this ment i could get some wingers and play my preferred 442 so i put most the 6m toward wages a signed

Kone 500k Loan 3.6m Clause

Djuric 400k (looks pretty good)

Mourad Free (again like the look of him

Hanke 500k Loan 2.6m Clause

and sent piquionne back after he got injured for 4months

also had to pay back 13m loan as a lump sum in aug which annoyed the hell out of me as i was out of the red oh well no more loans to pay now

team lines up like this

team.jpg

Aug Update

Spurs

Started the season Away to Spurs and beat them 1-0 thanks to a Kone goal on his debut

We looked the better team for 70mins then they tried to pull 1 back but created very little really

Man City

djurici scored first with a good team move, m.ball missed a header from a corner to let toure in to score was very happy with the 1-1 draw which really we could of won if we had of hit the target abit toure got set off in the 70min and from then on man city went to pot and just sat back

Liverpool

what do i say lost 3-0 let in all goals in the first half gerrard masterclass scoring 2

MK Dons

very poor swapped some of the better players about in truth below the first 11 is very poor it took a own goal for us to even think about clawing back the 1 goal deficit finally after i brought kone and kanu on things picked up kone cut a lovley ball back to boateng who buried it and kanu put belhadj thought a few mins later final score 3-1 a poor 3-1

Oh Dear, Oh Dear :(

I have seem to have had the worst form ever last night getting up to 31st Decemeber :( Major letdown!

Will do a full update in a hour or so, but just breaking the news now, :thdn: It aint pretty!

Portsmouth Update

england-portsmouth.png

End of October - End of December

2009/2010 Season

Fixtures

Aston Villa 1-1 Portsmouth

This was a game I never even thought about taking points from, Villa Park away is a terrible place to go, and a belter of a shot inside the area from Milner put Villa on their way to an all too certain 3 points, until super sub Utaka came off the bench to net a very well worked Portsmouth goal in the 93rd minute, literally 4 seconds left to go on the clock! Was happy to say the least.

Portsmouth 1-1 Man United

It looks a great result to most of you, to me (having watched the match) this was a very dissapointing result. We dominated the match, times having 65%+ of the posession. Lewandowski first goal of the season put us up at the break, with a neat slot in on the 45+2 minute. But then a typical heavy numbered Man United attack resulted in a equaliser straight after the interval, meaning we only took the one point! Harsh to say the least, 4th straight league draw... Not good!

Fulham 3-1 Portsmouth

Never had a chance in the game to be honest, Fulham was destroying us all over the place. It was never helped by 2 sending offs, a stupid challenge by Kaboul 20 minutes in on the half way line (Don't know what the ref saw, but it must of been bad to get a red there!) and then argueably one of Pompeys best players saw red on the 77th minute with KPB getting a straight red also! Utaka getting our only goal. Outplayed, and they made us look stupid. Deserved result.

Portsmouth 2-3 Stoke

Oh dear, I can tell you, I wasn't expecting that result. Was hoping for an easy 2-0 win if anything! Missing two of my best players due to silly mistakes in the previous game, sending out Wilson and Mullins was a tough thing to have to do, and rightly we was punished for slack defending and crucial errors from Mokeona cost us the game. Utaka getting on the scoresheet again, there is no stopping this guy!

Portsmouth 2-0 Burnley

Great result, and a very much needed 3 points, been gasping for points in the last few games. A great, great 20 yard strike from Yedba late on secured us the win, with the previous goal coming from Tommy Smith 12 yards out into a open net. Burnley didn't even look like they wanted a sniff at this game, and was easily pushed aside.

Wigan 1-2 Portsmouth

Amazing result, was hoping to get a point from this fixture but going home with all three has been awesome. We got a penatly early on from a corner, not sure what happened, but I wasn't grumbling, but then Ben-Haim stepped up! I was going crazy but knew there was nothing I could do about it now, but in the end it was a absolute rocket of a penalty. Scharner then equalised with a header from a corner, which then made me think... "here we go again, tut" It wasn't until the 90th minute when Piq decided to rifle a shot from the edge of the area into the bottom corner to steal the win, I let a cheer, I am not going to lie!

Everton 2-1 Portsmouth

A game I wasn't too hopeful going into the game, and boy was I right. Had Pompey even turned up for this game? They seemed to be chasing Everton all 90 minutes, I believe we had a brief 10 minute spell of passing after we equalised from a Lewandowski rare goal. But then Yobo crushed the dreams of getting a point at Goodison with a goal from a crossed free kick, where Portsmouth forgot what marking was! Oh well.

Portsmouth 2-2 Arsenal

The most frustrating result yet I think. Arsenal took the lead, and made me think "I wonder how many thats going to be the start of, 4? 5? But at the break it was still 1-0, Brought on Piq and Utaka to give me something different in a quick change of a 3 pronged attack. Utaka made his mark instant with a goal in the 50th minute, and then Piq netted a penalty on the 75th minute. I was buzzing, I went a little more defensive, dropping Utaka to right wing to see out the game. But then on the 79th minute later, yes 4 minutes later, Kaboul fouls Vela in the area to make it a penalty, Obviously the ref had to even things out! That was netted, I hit my laptop, the game ended 2-2 and I went to get a glass of Coke to calm myself down!

Portsmouth 1-1 Bolton

And if the last game didn't frustrate me enough, this happend! It was a relatively poor first half, with about 1 shot from each team, the usaul bottom of the league rubbish. But then super sub Utaka as he is now known as, scored on the 64th, and there was no way Bolton was going to find the net in this game! 2 minutes was added up at the end of the game, and in that time, there was NO injuries! NONE! But somehow Bolton scored in the 94th, YES.. 94th minute!! How many times do you see the FM Match Engine run over the stoppage time? Never? or if it does, by about 3-5 seconds, never that amount of time. Something obviously didn't want me winning that game! Thats it I couldn't handle FM anymore that night, Saved and exited. Good night!

Portsmouth 1-2 Birmingham City

Ahh, Yes, a team from the depths of the Premier League to play against, should be an easy game at home... WRONG. Somehow I just couldn't penetrate them, they was on form, Bowyer opened the scoring on the 4th minute, and then Utaka (Super sub) scored on the 75th, Yes. But then Benitez thought it would be a good idea to score on the 87th minute, to frustrate me even more, MORE dropped points. This is getting crazy!

Man City 3-1 Portsmouth

Outclassed, the best team I have probably come across this season. I cannot really moan at the team at this result as Man City are 2nd, and 1 point behind Chelsea. But scoring more goals! And you could see why, Tevez and Robinho was in a world of their own against us, and I could do was watch! Never mind, I will take that on the chin, and prepare for the next game against Gillingham in the FA Cup, but then Chelsea in the League.

Conclusion

The league isn't looking as great as it first was, with us sitting at an uneasy 12th, a few games where I have dropped vital points has really cost us big time. Sitting in a crowded middle table means a slip up could see me slide down to 16th if I am not too careful. Things have to start improving!

Premier League - December 30th

No new players as of yet, due to the strict budget, May be on the verge of cancelling the non too great Dindane, been a real flop so far and I think he is yet too score! Never a good sign from a striker. Will try working my magic with the transfers and the next update will be end of January!

Tyoldinho ;)

You don't know how frustrated I was getting, it was driving me insane, especially the Bolton game. I though that is it, calm down.. go watch Two and a Half Men! :)

Haven't motivated myself to play another game yet, but sure enough I will get through January tomorrow, will update hopefully then :thup:

Looking forward to your update! :D

I started a new Pompey game with SC's changes about two weeks ago, just got around to starting the second season. I'll give a little write up when I can. I went down a similar route to you Tyoldinho, only bringing in a few players in the first season and trying to keep things realistic.

Archived