FM10 Portsmouth Thread

Sheer Class

Been reading through this thread with dramatic interest, you guys have got me wanting to stary a Pompey save. Intending to start this evening. Will post updates once i have reached the end of the first transfer window. Cant wait!!

So much enthusiasm.

:D another Portsmouth save player! There multiplying!

Good luck.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, i'd noticed for some few days that had been happening and now i'm joining the band wagon. Got bored with my Man city and Cardiff saves and looking for something new until my motivation for those games return, although i feel my time will become completely taken up by this new save :)

You get involved with this save, you'll feel it when you lose and start throwing things at your laptop ;)

I am now going underway of my second season, :) all friendlies done!

Bet the people that give themself alot of money at the beginning are feeling rather silly now aint they ;)

News coming out of Fratton Park lately has told oh such a different story to what we heard when we got took over!

Just looking at the people interested in joining me (dont have any money, just browsing) and there are some real big players like £10m+ players.

Shame I cannot sign any of them!

Sheer - 14th is also where i finished in my 1st season, these people finishing 7th and above must be cheating

Tyoldinho - Yep, they must be feeling rather stupid, complete opposite is what is happening.

Kyle - Look forward to your update

Let it be told ;), I never used any corner cheat, no save and reload function or anything like that, Mine was 100% legit! Check out the save amount of times... HERE! :p

Look a bit silly now don't we?

LOL, that is the exact people I was talking about! Haha!

All the best fella`s, Pompey saves getting attacked at the beginning of the new year :thup:

:D All the best buddy, looking forward to the PM I recive saying your Internet is back!

Tyoldinho

Haha, only joking mate, i know you for one would never cheat and you seem a cool guy :cool:

Haha :D Just had to throw it out there though!

I cannot stand the save reloaders, exploiters and such on that brag on forums about such and such acheivements! :) so I would never become one!

Cheers buddy :cool: and you!

Did you see what I named my save as?

I always give everyone of my saves a little title!

Forgot to post these screenie yesterday of my coaches and their stars! :)

Take a look, I think that isn't bad, nowhere near the quality of coaches I had an Man City obviously! (Had 4 and half stars for each, with 2 coachs on each!) It is the best I can do with the interest I had.

Need a better defensive one though :( as highlighted!

traininge.png

First tasks completed which is recruiting some more staff.

Jean-Francios Peron(yes him) is my new AssMan

Joao Sousa, Erik Ostenkjaer and David Lee are new coaches with Lars Gaute Bo as my new Gk Coach.

Now to find some cheap players.

July/August Update

Transfers:

Ins

Benjani [£250,000] Loan

Razvan Rat [800,000] Loan

Outs

Basinas [£800,000]

Boupa Diop [£4.6 Million]

Utaka [£4.8Million]

Tactics/Team

4-4-2 Narrow Diamond. Balance/Control

-------- Begovic --------

Kaboul - Ben Haim - Wilson - Belhadj

-------- Mullins --------

---- Yebda - Vanden Borre ----

-------- Boateng --------

---- Benjani - Piquionne ----

Results/Scorers

[PRM] Portsmouth 3 - 2 Blackburn [Kaboul 28, Ben Haim 35, Vanden Borre 56]

[PRM] Bolton 0 - 1 Portsmouth [Piquionne 20]

[PRM] Portsmouth 1 - 1 Liverpool [Kanu Pen 90+4]

[LC] Barnsley 4 - 3 Portsmouth [Kanu 13,39, Piquionne 79]

[PRM] Chelsea 2 - 0 Portsmouth

[6th] 7pts

Overall, pretty impressed with how i've started, am not majorly fussed about cup competitions this season as im just looking to survive. Will bring a new month by month update tomorrow or the next day. Now im off to bring in the new year in style. Happy New Year everyone and hope you all have a great 2010.

Kyle Seddon

July/August Update

Transfers:

Ins

Benjani [£250,000] Loan

Razvan Rat [800,000] Loan

Outs

Basinas [£800,000]

Boupa Diop [£4.6 Million]

Utaka [£4.8Million]

Tactics/Team

Begovic

Kaboul - Ben Haim - Wilson - Belhadj

Mullins

Yebda - Vanden Borre

Boateng

Benjani - Piquionne

Results/Scorers

[PRM] Portsmouth 3 - 2 Blackburn [Kaboul 28, Ben Haim 35, Vanden Borre 56]

[PRM] Bolton 0 - 1 Portsmouth [Piquionne 20]

[PRM] Portsmouth 1 - 1 Liverpool [Kanu Pen 90+4]

[LC][ Barnsley 4 - 3 Portsmouth[/b] [Kanu 13,39, Piquionne 79]

[PRM] Chelsea 2 - 0 Portsmouth

[6th] - 7pts.

Overall, pretty impressed with how i've started, am not majorly fussed about cup competitions this season as im just looking to survive. Will bring a new month by month update tomorrow or the next day. Now im off to bring in the new year in style. Happy New Year everyone and hope you all have a great 2010.

Kyle Seddon

Great update Kyle :thup: Loving the late Kanu goal I must admit!

But I am also off now to celebrate the new year, All the best people! :D

Iam joining the Pompey save group. Looks like a great challenge.

Transfers

No big movements here -

OUT

Utaka -Fiorentina - $2.5M

Kanu - FC Kobnhavn - $250K

Bopp - Free

Smith, Tommy - Free

IN

Only the two loan signings

Barazite - Arsenal - Loan

Rossi - Juventus - Loan/Sign 2.1M

Team

Playing a 3-5-3 formation, mainly due to no decent full backs at the club. Belhadj is a quality winger who can cover at full back if needed. With the ambundance of midfield players, I have gone with this formation. In the 10 games I have played I have been pretty pleased with the results.

Currently sitting 10th, 5 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses, including a 3-2 loss away at Arsenal, which I took the lead twice and was beaten with a goal outside the area in extra time.

GK - James/Begovic making 5 appearences already.

DC - Kaboul

DC - Ben-Haim

DC - Williamson

MR - Vander Borre

MC - Diop

MC - Yeda

MC - Boateng

ML - Belhadj

FC - Piquionne

FC - Dindane/Smith

Would like to find a right winger, but have now been hit with a transfer embargo.

Good Luck Fellows.

Iam joining the Pompey save group. Looks like a great challenge.

Great news Joe :) Another active player on the thread! Good luck.

My new years resolution..... start a game as Pompey (which will be started tomorrow)

And another! Loving this, also good luck!

right... il start one aswell, need to find myself a proper striker though so il be a while before i give you a pre-season update... lots of scouting to do

And Wehey! :D and another final good luck! Believe it or not Piqiuonne is very effective, remember to use him!

Good update Kyle :)

Happy new year Ty! :D

Happy new year buddy! Was a very good night.

Wont be FM'in drunk though, major no-no! Cannot sleep so I am forumin' it.

Standard_liege!

I have read about other people doing mistakes when they are drunk FM'in, I wont be doing that!

But I am just looking around players at the moment (not going to hit continue tonight once!) and just adding people to my shortlist :D

TheBigBoss

We are all hoping for that magical moment buddy, yet to have a takeover on FM10!

So far I've promoted Begovic back to the first team, demote Ashdown to the reserves and transfer listed him saw that Charlton were interested in him and I put a cheeky bid of Ashdown and about £250k for Shelvey, if I manage to pull it off I'll be able to free up some wages by getting rid of Boateng. I've also sold Kanu for £2.2mil, Utaka could also be on his way for £7.5mil. The only person I have brought in so far was Seb Viera on a free, hes on £5.5k pw with squad status set as back up.

I may get rid of Niemi when he recovers from injury.

September/October Update

Transfers:

Ins

Outs

Tactics/Team

-------- James --------

Finnan - Ben Haim - Kaboul - Belhadj

-------- Mullins --------

---- Yebda - Vanden Borre ----

-------- Boateng --------

---- Benjani - Piquionne ----

Results/Scorers

[PRM] Portsmouth 1 - 1 Tottenham [Prince-Boateng 53]

[PRM] Sunderland 1 - 1 Portsmouth [Piquionne 90+4]

[PRM] Portsmouth 3 - 0 Westham [O'Hara 4, Mullins 24, Benjani 40]

[PRM] Aston Villa 2 - 2 Portsmouth [Dindane 62, Boateng 74]

[PRM] Portsmouth 1 - 0 Wigan [Piquionne 13]

[PRM] Portsmouth 0 - 2 Man Utd

[PRM] Burnley 0 - 2 Portsmouth [benjani 4, Boateng 60]

[6th] 19 Pts

Very impressed with my team up to now. Been performing out of their socks to grind out wins, not pretty but desisive. Been getting the points off the teams i had expected to. Here's to now until the Christmas period. Cheers!

Kyle Seddon

Just started a new Portsmouth save as well guys. So you can add me to the list.:)

Brilliant stuff :D Keep us updated and good luck fighting the survival!

So far I've promoted Begovic back to the first team, demote Ashdown to the reserves and transfer listed him saw that Charlton were interested in him and I put a cheeky bid of Ashdown and about £250k for Shelvey, if I manage to pull it off I'll be able to free up some wages by getting rid of Boateng. I've also sold Kanu for £2.2mil, Utaka could also be on his way for £7.5mil. The only person I have brought in so far was Seb Viera on a free, hes on £5.5k pw with squad status set as back up.

I may get rid of Niemi when he recovers from injury.

Begovic should be in that first team no questions asked, don't know why he starts in reserves!

Utaka is a goalscoring machine on this game, unless you have a brilliant person coming in for him, I would keep hold of him!

Brilliant stuff :D Keep us updated and good luck fighting the survival!

Begovic should be in that first team no questions asked, don't know why he starts in reserves!

Utaka is a goalscoring machine on this game, unless you have a brilliant person coming in for him, I would keep hold of him!

Will do mate!

and would you start Begovic over james when James recovers from injury?

What would be the best formation to start with Pompey and would most people tend to use a different formation for home and away?

Cheers for the help guys.:)

Narrower the better, possible Narrow Diamond like I use to play.

Portsmouth have an abundunce of central players and it is better to use this to our advantage, flood the midfield and play from there.

I didn't tend to change my formation around in the first season, due to lack of wingers.

But after bulking up my squad in the second season, I have 3 formations I will alternate with depending on opposition. :D

My three formations can be found here; Click.

The second one on the list is the one I used all first season :thup:

Will do mate!

and would you start Begovic over james when James recovers from injury?

Never! Begovic is a brilliant back up, by he isn't near James quality.

He will single handedly keep you in games in the first season :D

Narrower the better, possible Narrow Diamond like I use to play.

Portsmouth have an abundunce of central players and it is better to use this to our advantage, flood the midfield and play from there.

I didn't tend to change my formation around in the first season, due to lack of wingers.

But after bulking up my squad in the second season, I have 3 formations I will alternate with depending on opposition. :D

My three formations can be found here; Click.

The second one on the list is the one I used all first season :thup:

Cheers mate. That link you provided me with there is really ehelpful. BUT was that on the latest patch becuase I am using 10.2 patch. And how on earth did you manage to sell all those players ?:o and how did you afford to buy them all ? was it over 48 months i take it.

And I am going to use your second tactic the one you used all last season.:)

Cheers mate. That link you provided me with there is really ehelpful. BUT was that on the latest patch becuase I am using 10.2 patch. And how on earth did you manage to sell all those players ?:o and how did you afford to buy them all ? was it over 48 months i take it.

And I am going to use your second tactic the one you used all last season.:)

That was the start of the second season buddy :)

And sure enough they was ALL over 48months, so I have financially crushed Pompey in the long run! They gimme £11m, and I sold £25m, so I had plenty to use over 48 months. I know I will regret it though.

The second tactic is pretty good, It got me a shocking 7th place with no exploits to corners or such.

If you are trying to grind out a 1-0 lead, just replace the AMC for a DMC and slot him in the centre of the midfield, that way you will have more cover. I did this a few times during the first season to get a few much needed results!

Lol, i wish the amount of people doing a Portsmouth save would also do a Cardiff save, there only ever seems to be 3 of us in there. Not advertising by any means, i just thought it was great that so many people are joining the gravy train an doing a Portsmouth save!

Lol, i wish the amount of people doing a Portsmouth save would also do a Cardiff save, there only ever seems to be 3 of us in there. Not advertising by any means, i just thought it was great that so many people are joining the gravy train an doing a Portsmouth save!

Everyone has realised how amazing Portsmouth actually are or something ;)

OR.. (this seems more possible)

Everyone feels sorry for us, and feels they can do a better job than whats happening in real life :p

Tyoldinho....

here is the formation I am thinking about using throughout the 1st season. This is the second tactic in your link , the one you used last season.

297hxk.jpg

Any recommendations to that ? Haven't made any signings to be honest and dunno if i will.

Cheers mate.:)

Never! Begovic is a brilliant back up, by he isn't near James quality.

He will single handedly keep you in games in the first season :D

Tyoldinho Do you think Begovic could do a good job in Season 2? I think James is getting a bit old - will be 40 at the start of next season and will look to move him on.

I am not going to get Shelvey yet as the bugger that is Ashdown rejected Charlton :( So I have brought in Barazite in on loan, and I'm going to bring in either Fabio or Macheda in on loan, but can't decide which one, and I can't afford both, who would you choose?

Archived