FM10 Portsmouth Thread

Sheer Class

I managed to get Ochoa from Arsenal in the end. It set me back around £20m though which Im annoyed about, but I really needed a goalkeeper. Ive sold Jean II Makoun to Barcelona for £1.6m having only just signed a new 1 year contract so Im pleased about that. Skrtel was brought in and is playing quite well, especially with Sakho injured. Ive tryed and tryed and tryed to get Shelvey. He is at Man City and it unreal. His stats are amazing and his value is £20m so I think he is out the question now. Cheers though.

Got the whole squad sorted and I have played 4 games in my current season. Beat Sunderland 2-0 away, drew 1-1 with Spurs at home, beat Sheff Utd 3-0 at home and Bristol City 2-0 away. Ive been appointed Holland manager as well and beat Sweden 1-0 at home and Georgia 2-0 at home as well. That qualified them for the European Championships

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've signed up as Ghana's manager not too long ago not played a match for them yet though, planning to get them to th world cup and see how far we get before quitting. I've just gone through to the Champions League semi's against Bordeux, I'm about to play Sunderland in the FA Cup semi with City waiting in the final. Top of the league by 7 points with 3 games left but City have 3 games in hand.

• 2 weeks later...

End of season went very well, went on a very long domestic winning streak and dispite Man City being 2 points clear, having 2 games in hand and 2 1-1 draws in the last 3 games I managed to win the league by a single point. A week later after stopping City picking up silverwear we managed it again beating them 2-1 in the FA Cup.

The CL semi's against Bordeaux went fine starting off with a 4-0 result at Fratton and a 2-2 draw over the water with them scoring late on to ruin my fantastic 6-0 win. Liverpool awaited in the final where we came from behind to win 2-1, Dentinho with the late winner capping a brilliant counter attack.

Storrie has just restructed the club debt after the first £25mil came out, borrowing £15mil more and spending £11mil on undersoil heating. I got £39mil to spend but I'm not looking to use much.

Two players out so far;

Utaka - free, I'd have like to have kept him but didn't want to pay him £300k to sign (greedy feck!)

Shaun Hutchinson - £3mil, had a very poor season on loan in the prem so I thought he should go.

Van der Vaart has signed for £3.8mil, I had a £2mil agreed fee but he wasn't interested until after the CL final and his loan finished the day after.

Two young promising youngsters in;

Kenny Hendriks - £3.2mil, 17yo very promising DM quite high stats in right places already.

Jean-Baptiste Beaurain - £1.2, 15yo left-back quite good stats very promising

Also had 4 potentially good players in the youth intake cant wait to see how they turn out.

I'm looking to bring in Queresma or Bentley on cheap deals with a similar player heading out then I'm done transfer wise. Looking forward to this next season more than I did the previous.

For the record England drew 0-0 with the swiss, lost 2-0 and 2-1 to Italy and Croatia so the world cup doesnt look that bad in comparison!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hope you boys are prepared for the challenge that awaits you in FM11........If you thought no money was tough!!!!!! To use Bachman Turner Overdrive.......You ain't seen nothing yet!!!!! :D

Anyone (I'm looking at you Ty), up for one last foray into taking Pompey into the big time?

Going to start tonight :thup:

I would love to, but I know the demo is right around the corner.

Instead of playing, I could continue creating the best Pompey FM thread ever... (trust me, it is going to be awesome!)

Hope you boys are prepared for the challenge that awaits you in FM11........If you thought no money was tough!!!!!! To use Bachman Turner Overdrive.......You ain't seen nothing yet!!!!! :D

I cannot wait for FM11...

The Portsmouth save is going to be one of the best in years! FM10 was very fun, but the real fun is yet to come.

Just put your imagination on this one then......

Remember when we started with riches(such a false dawn) - The game was easy

Remember when those riches were gone - The game was still easy enough as we had players to sell to raise cash.

Think how it will be when you have no money. No players to raise cash through. And if you do happen to sell someone you can't buy anyone as you are under transfer embargo!!!!!!!

What you start with is all you have for at least the first 3-4 months.......

Anyone (I'm looking at you Ty), up for one last foray into taking Pompey into the big time?

Going to start tonight :thup:

started as Pompey earlier today for a challenge before FM11..didnt realise how bad or small the first team squad was though..will be a challenge staying up in the Championship never mind getting promotion

On our opening day of the season, we named 2 or 3 substitutes, as that is all we had.

Coventry on the other hand, had a squad of well over 20 to choose from.

--

That is why it is going to be such fun!

On our opening day of the season, we named 2 or 3 substitutes, as that is all we had.

Coventry on the other hand, had a squad of well over 20 to choose from.

--

That is why it is going to be such fun!

It will be fun trying to get promoted with no transfer budget, very little wage budget and no players of any real value to sell.

In my current I brough in Michael Tonge, Joe Mattock, Greg Halford, Seamus Coleman and Henrique (Brazillian CM from Cruzeiro) all on loans. Team looks something like this:

Ashdown

Coleman Sonko Rocha Mattock

Lawrence Henrique Brown Tonge

Kitson Nugent

For the regular Pompey fans, would it be worth putting spoiler tags in our Pompey thread to hide CA and PA of players? That way if you do want to know the ins and outs you can look bu tit doesnt necessarily spoil it?

People that do want to really know will probably use the editor or FMRTE

For the regular Pompey fans, would it be worth putting spoiler tags in our Pompey thread to hide CA and PA of players? That way if you do want to know the ins and outs you can look bu tit doesnt necessarily spoil it?

Yeah may as well, as some players might not want to know. Gonna be a good year for FM :cool:

Archived