FM10 Portsmouth Thread

Sheer Class

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondered why I was getting so much money from my transfers! :eek: Then I looked in my finances!

75yay.png

75% - Wehey! It use to be something like 10% when I started this save! God bless my chairman!

Michael Turner should be the newest player and WILL definitely be the last player to join Portsmouth this season! :thup:

That would take my tally over £65m this season :eek: Jeez.

How have you managed to spend £65m? I got £14m in the transfer window! So did you, you surely didn't sell £50m worth of players?

Sold around £15m worth, so thats £12m + my £17.5m = £29.5m

That means I can spend up to nearly £120m if I wanted to :thup:

First 3 games of my Pompey save, away to Man utd and got bear 3-0, away to Chelsea and beat 2-0. Then a home tie against Southampton in the league cup.

And......beat 3-0. I maybe shouldnt have sold all those players I had, or got in better quality. lol

May take time for your team to gel?

I know mine is going to need to gel :( I am sending out a completely new starting 11 to the beginning of last season!

Transfers out have still not been completed yet, so I still aint doing a screenshot of squad!

Not sure wether to get rid of Ben Haim either now it was mentioned earlier, Hmmmm... Don't think I need him?

Opening game of the second season up next, against Arsenal.

My team isn't even gelled or anything, I am not sure if they know each others name :(

Your being a bit too experimental with that formation with Portsmouth aint you :D?

Just give them time to gel, I suppose you have only just signed most of them players?

Ayee, a little :p.. don't know what else to play though, it leaks goals like nobody's business..

Yeah, Smithies, Gassama, Mensah, Bojinov, Welbeck, Sissoko and Djourou..

Sissoko is meant to be good, yeah? £15m over 48 months! Best be worth it haha..

£15m is the usual price everyone pays to be honest! He is definitely worth it though.

Have faith and the results will come :)

7000 \o/ :D

Ah good, glad to hear that. Tried to sign Verratti as well, but couldn't get a fee :(..

Ayee, I've used this for about 10 months now, still really hit and miss tbh..

Congrats on 7000, :thup:..

Just drew 2-2 with Wigan :p

Well, I have just clicked play on the Arsenal game :(... I just don't want an epic loss.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Campbell, Freeman in the Pompey squad and subs. 3 former Arsenal players :cool:

Ayeee, it's not bad, he's a tank. Massive, and has skill.

He got fouled in the game, and (baring in mind I was sitting in the Ipswich stand with some mates who support Ipswich), I shouted out 'book him', ahaha.. gutting.

Just started the season fixtures so far

Pompey 0-2 Chelsea

Had a fair amount of possession but with 5 first team players out was always going to be a struggle

Blackburn 2-4 Pompey

Battered them from start to finish but conceded some really poor goals.

New signing Tafer scoring on his debut

Charlton 0-2 Pompey League cup

Straight forward win with basinas scoring a peach

Takeover looks to have collapsed with Peter Storrie so worrying times

Takeover looks to have collapsed with Peter Storrie so worrying times

Thats good times!!

You don't want him taking over! :thdn:

woooo fans excited at signings of Jordan Spence and Kiki Femania. lol

giving them a bit of excitement at least. Have to I suppose as I aint scored yet! :p

I signed Kiki in January first season as back-up, as my other right-winger (can't even remember who it was now) was in top form. He became first choice pretty quick. He was always in behind the defence, beat players for fu, got loads of assists and was unlucky not to score his first goal until the last few games. He also managed to help secure some good come backs when I switched him to an attacking full-back late on.

Im on towards the end of october now, we were on a 10 game winning streak until we rocked up at Villa Park. Mancienne decided to get himself two stupid bookings in 15 minutes, we lost 3-1 and I was left without my two first choice center halves for ManUres visit to Fratton. Lost by the same scoreline, hoping to turn it around before we play City in two games.

Just set a new record!!! 6 games without a goal. lol. My Strikers are poop.

Kevin Vandenburgh, Christian Vieri, John Utaka, Anderson, and Diego Gomez. with a few in reserve who im tempted to play.

First 3 games of the season;

Portsmouth 1-3 Arsenal

David Beckham (Pen)

Blackburn 2-2 Portsmouth

Carlton Cole x2

Portsmouth 3-1 Chelsea :eek:

Carlton Cole x2, Jimmy Bullard

Carlton Cole is definitely looking to be worth the £13m I paid for him! 4 goals in 3 games isn't bad.

Cannot beleive I destroyed Chelsea like that, love it.

Your doomed.

Meanwhile, 3 days away from the transfer window closing and;

Brown, Mullins and Utaka the latest people to leave the club! :)

Archived