FM10 Portsmouth Thread

Sheer Class

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He scored the winning penalty in the EURO Cup Final, now Beretta has completely destroyed Tottenham to win the Premiership for Portsmouth!

lastday.png

champions.png

I've also been named manager of the year, Milevskyi is Premier League top scorer and Beretta was best young player.

Very nice work Play Up Pompey! :D Very impressive stuff.

Milveskyi never gets top scorer award for any of the teams I signed him for, he turned into a provider for me :thdn:

Well then I've started a save with Portsmouth on the 10.3 patch, any advice on who to sell? Currently lost and thinking of following backroom advice and selling players with high wages and are useless.

Utaka is a must to go, yes he is a great performer, but he is on £62k a week.

James can go, and bring in a cheaper a week replacement, his attributes start dropping soon anyway.

Kanu, depends if you want him for a tutor or not? You can easily get a better striker.

Finnan can go when he recovers! Try selling him in January, another over paid player.

Try looking at bringing in free's, such as Nonda, Gaston Fernandez and Enar Jaager :thup:

been looking for a challenge recently and started a 10.3 Pompey game.

I told the board I'd go for a top-half finish so I'd only have to cut 50 rather than £75k off the wage budget. Played 4 games so far, beating Hull, Man U and Coventry and losing at home to West Ham.

Transfers Out:

Utaka - Atletico M - £3.7m

Belhadj - Birmingham - £6.5m

Mullins - Ipswich - £1.1m

Marc Wilson - £950k - Reading (iirc)

Ashdown - Bristol C - £750k

Dindane & Quincy returned from loan

Transfers In: (all over 48 months)

Romelu Lukaku - £6.5m

Vaclav Kadlec - £3m

Per Skjlebred - £3.5m

Nicolas Otamendi - £3.5m

Anthony Annan - £3.5m

Danny Wilson - £2.5m

Vincent Enyeama - £950k

Marc Muniesa - £140k

Daniel Opare - £40k

Jeremy Helan - £85k

Eren Gungor (DC) - Loan

Pretty predictable signings unfortunately. Missed out on loads of good free transfers :(

I realise the 48 month transfer policy is going to utterly screw the club very very quickly but I've got a funny feeling if I blow the finances but do really well I'm more likely to be saved by a middle-Eastern tycoon or something...!

Team for 1st season (1st choice/2nd choice):

GK: James/Enyeama

RB: Finnan/Vanden Borre/Opare

LB: Hreidarsson/(the young Serb(?) that starts at Pompey whose names I've forgotten)/Helan

CB1: Ben-Haim/Danny Wilson/Muniesa

CB2: Otamendi/Eren Gungor

DM: Annan/Mokoena

MC1: Skjelbred/Vanden Borre/Boateng

MC2: O'hara/Brown

FR: Kadlec/Piguionne

FC: Boateng (retraining)/Kanu

FL: Lukaku/Smith

Inexperience may well prove an issue but if we can get through the first season and weather the financial storm I think the players I've signed will bring Champs League footy to Fratton Park by the end of season 3. And with a bit of luck with injuries I think we'll finish 7th this season...

Finally got a new game started on 10.3 now I'm back home.

So, to cut the wage budget, I shifted:

Dindane - Loan Termainted

Koroma - Atletico Madrid - £1,000,000

Kanu - Tottenham Hotspur - £900,000

Subotic - Potenza - £130,000

Hughes - Bristol City - £1,000,000

Utaka - Valencia - £375,000 (loan fee)

James was offered a slightly longer contract for a £15,000 wage cut. Keep him around to tutor O'Brien or anyone I bring in next season. He's still good enough for the first season.

And in to beef up the squad:

Lazovic - PSV - £190,000 (loan fee)

Stendardo - Lazio - £12,000 (loan fee)

Koevermans - PSV - £150,000 (loan fee)

Juan Pablo Angel will also join me in Janurary on a free transfer from New York Red Bulls.

Performance

So far, it's going well! Remember the Paul Hart/Brian Kidd 4-3-2-1 that was used at the tail end of last season? I tried to replicate that, bossing the midfield with combative and energetic midfielders and making sure a good defence is our priority whilst trying to get the odd cheeky goal from well organised set pieces or piece of inspiration from the top three.

Six games in and I'm 8th.

| P | W | D | L |GF |GA | GD | Pts

| 6 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 4 | 6 | -2 | 8

Tottenham 2-0 Portsmouth (Defoe x2 - Lazovic injured)

Portsmouth 0-0 Chelsea

Manchester United 3-0 Portsmouth (Rooney x 2, Berbatov)

Coventry 0-1 Portsmouth [Carling Cup] (Piquionne)

Portsmouth 1-1 Wolves (Yebda; Doyle) - Why do they always overperform in my games?!

Hull 0-1 Portsmouth (Stendardo)

Portsmouth 2-0 Burnley (Smith, Piquionne)

With five of those goals coming from United and Spurs, I'm very happy so far. Plus, everyone but Boateng is looking pretty motivated and the squad have gelled and adpated well to my tactics. One annoying thing is that less than 20 minutes into his debut, Lazovic got injured for three months.

Formation

When fit:

James

Van den Borre - Stendardo - Ben-Haim - Hreidarsson

Mullins - Brown - Yebda

Smith -------------------- Belhadj

Piquionne

Subs (usually): Wilson, Tosic, Mokoena, O'Hara, Boateng, Quincy, Koevermans

Finished 17th with two games to spare. Got a new contract even though Storrie wasn't happy with my management. Building my squad for next season now, can't wait to bring someone half decent in!

Hello all Pompey managers. I have just started a Portsmouth save using the latest "03" patch. I have not made any editor changes at all. I am using the in game Portsmouth squad. I have no transfers in the first window, which only allows me to get "frees" and or "loans". My wage budget is way over the top and I am about to offload all of the "loaned in" players, to get the wage budget down. I have found that I am still not allowed to bring in anyone because of the wage budget. I am still on my third day into my game. Has anyone else started in the same way as myself? If so, how are you doing?

ive just recently started a portsmouth game on the new 10.3 patch ive offloaded a lot of players including utaka and kanu and ive sent dindane and piquionne back from loan. Im now just finished novemeber and am sitting in 12th with 18 points from 14 games. I am in depsperate need of some strikers as i have only scored about 14 goals in the league so far. My only strikers are webber, smith , collins john who i signed on a free and is rubbish and a guy called marquinhos from palmerias on loan. if any one noes any strikers who i could sign in january i have a budget of about 1.5 million left it would be helpful?

ive just recently started a portsmouth game on the new 10.3 patch ive offloaded a lot of players including utaka and kanu and ive sent dindane and piquionne back from loan. Im now just finished novemeber and am sitting in 12th with 18 points from 14 games. I am in depsperate need of some strikers as i have only scored about 14 goals in the league so far. My only strikers are webber, smith , collins john who i signed on a free and is rubbish and a guy called marquinhos from palmerias on loan. if any one noes any strikers who i could sign in january i have a budget of about 1.5 million left it would be helpful?

Tafer on loan? Would cost a fee of £950K

Tafer justs joined for 1m loan fee + 10m future fee just incase i get a sudden increase in budget :p anybody no a good assistance manager as the current one is rubbish.

Martin Keown!! :thup:

This is a Joke they both rejected me aswell why does no one want to come to portsmouth :p

Try Eyre from Man City mate :) He was brilliant for my Pompey side.

Ah cheers m8 hes now joined ;). Just out of interest has anyone been taken over by a rich tycoon? I got taken over but some rubbish italian bloke who put the grand total of 3 million into the club. Now in january ofloaded loads of players and still losing loads of money each month lol.

Ah cheers m8 hes now joined ;). Just out of interest has anyone been taken over by a rich tycoon? I got taken over but some rubbish italian bloke who put the grand total of 3 million into the club. Now in january ofloaded loads of players and still losing loads of money each month lol.

Whos the bloke that took you over?

Batty got took over by a tycoon :mad: Jammy git!

I made do with Peter Storrie.

Ha ha, yeah I did :p ooh you reminded me Ty Balotelli hasen't been doing great on my pompey save but on my PSG one hes ripping it up :cool:

oh sorry franco morietti took me over

Lucian Gaucci took me over.

I don't like blowing my own trumpet, but my squad is FB.

GK: Lloris, Akinfeev, Benaglio

RB: Azpilicueta, Odiah

CB: Sakho, Fazio, Papastathopolous, Ben Haim, Ariaudo

LB: Bale, Mattock

DM: De Rossi, Diarra, Matuidi

CM: Sissoko, Badelj, Grenier,

ST: Balotelli, Neymar, Muniain, Lukaku, Tafer, Falcao, Belfodil, Villa

Lucian Gaucci took me over.

I don't like blowing my own trumpet, but my squad is FB.

GK: Lloris, Akinfeev, Benaglio

RB: Azpilicueta, Odiah

CB: Sakho, Fazio, Papastathopolous, Ben Haim, Ariaudo

LB: Bale, Mattock

DM: De Rossi, Diarra, Matuidi

CM: Sissoko, Badelj, Grenier,

ST: Balotelli, Neymar, Muniain, Lukaku, Tafer, Falcao, Belfodil, Villa

Dont you have to have 8 registered English players?

Dont you have to have 8 registered English players?

You do, but I didn't have 8 to register :o so I holidayed for a day, and it registered without 8 english players :D

Batty doesn't know the meaning of English. :p

Cheeky sod, I'm the Arsene Wenger of the FM world :D

Cheeky sod, I'm the Arsene Wenger of the FM world :D

Atleast Arsene has two English players in his squad, he must be getting better because one of thems over 12. I like to try and keep a core group of nation players whatever team I'm managing. Its just hard getting good english players without getting ripped off.

Atleast Arsene has two English players in his squad, he must be getting better because one of thems over 12. I like to try and keep a core group of nation players whatever team I'm managing. Its just hard getting good english players without getting ripped off.

True, I want Rodwell and Delph and Rooney but haven't been sucessful enough to have a bid for Roo accepted and Villa and Everton are holding me to ransom :(

I can get Jenas for £2mil which is good seeing as he's better than my ***** midfield but he wants stupid money. I'm paying that to Utaka for another season so Jenas can do one. Gave up with Rodwell at £14mil, can't even get an get negotions going for Mattock. All I want is a half decent English midfielder.

Ive just been given 25m tranfer budget in my second season what is this!!! its amazing haha. anyone no good strikers to buy second season?

got tafer coming in full time ;) gonna be a good seaon :p

Dunno if he'd want to come but Andre Pierre Gignac

Will be starting a new save to play along my current Arsenal save at some point!

I wont buy any players, I wont sell any players.

I don't care if I lose money. PLAY UP POMPEY :)

Asif you didn't go to thematch today Ty? And dont make an excuse that they wasnt any ticket left because i seen empty seats ;)

Birthday 6th May

Final 15th May

Guess what I will be doing for my Birthday ;)

Couldn't make today, no funds buddy!

Bout bloody time Ty ;)

I know. I don't want to make any changes what so ever :) Not for a whole season, I wont sell or buy any youngsters or anything. Turn off budgets in first window as well!

Archived