[FM08] Knockbreda F.C - 1 Man. 3,000 Dreams

NepentheZ

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a mac. [Am using my GFs laptop to post right now] - and the issue could be an error with the mother board, or a problem with the hard drive. if the hard drive is faulty, then I wont get the game back, if its not, then I'll be ok, even if I have to get a new computer. I have back ups [four of them] - but they're all on the computer, and I never got around to putting them on my external. I save at the end of ecery season to a different section on my laptop, so if there are any fatal game errors, I can just go back a season and carry on. It'll teach me not to be bothered to move them over to the external, despite the fact it sits no more than 3 feet away from me :(

Well there it is. No need to panic. After spending the last 6 hours trawling through forums trying to find out what could be wrong with the Mac I'm now typing from, I finally found the solution. 1 site suggested the ram was not correctly placed, and maybe got knocked out in moving the laptop. I opened the casing, resat the ram, and restarted the computer. Nothing.

1 site suggested, that I could need a master reset, and to hold the power button down, along with some other buttons. That didn't work.

In the end, a friend contacted me just as I was typing the message above, to tell me that I need to let the computer know, that I've re-sat the Ram, by holding the power button down until the LED light flashes 1 per second. I did that, re-sat the Ram again, and hey presto, we're back on board. I'm so happy. I'm going to bed now though. :D

Ok chaps. Eager to take on a second club, I'll offer up the choices here for this season :

Ards Rangers

2011/12 - Second Division

2045/46 - Second Division

N. Irish Intermediate Cup Winners - 2009, 2027

That is the only history they have.

Barn United

2041-2046 - Second Division

That is the only history they have.

All other clubs in the division, have been there for 15 or more seasons. I don't expect the chances of an new club getting promoted are very high, and like the look of Ards Rangers.

I would change the name of the club to something exclusive too, perhaps you guys can give me some ideas? - and try my best to get them into the same light as Knockbreda.

I also ask....

Should I keep the 2 clubs separate completely, or allow myself to loan players to Ards from my Reserve team?

An interesting idea would be to make a duplicate of this save, and in the duplicate, use an edt file to swap Knockbreda into one of the English leagues, and see how Smylie does in those leagues. Would be very interesting indeed.

.edt files have no effect after the game has started.

I didn't back up the files, because I'm at work. I'm hoping desperately that I can start it up just once, so I can e-mail the files to myself. Unless some computer whizz knows how I can get files from the HD of a computer that doesn't work.

God i hope it works :D Smylie provides me motivation to play FM. I couldn't stand a few weeks without your reports Nep :D I want Bernard Brennan (See my Dafuge's Challenge Reviews/Posts) to bag as many goals as possible. He'll get well over 500/600 at this rate in a far superior league :D

[/Off Topic Posting]

Its not looking good, if I'm honest. I mean sure, I could get the save game. But then I have a few other problems.

1. The FM08 disk is inside the Mac, and doesn't eject.

2. Where the hell would I play it? :D

The other computers I have access too, won't play the game, because they're either crap, or not mine :D

Its not looking good, if I'm honest. I mean sure, I could get the save game. But then I have a few other problems.

1. The FM08 disk is inside the Mac, and doesn't eject.

Is there not some way of ejecting it manually?

2. Where the hell would I play it? :D

All of the followers of Smylie and Knockbreda could chip in for you to get a new laptop. ;)

I hope you can get it sorted Nep. :(

Regards,

C.

Cheers guys. I can afford a new laptop, but I'll be getting my own one back, so it would be pointless. I might by FM08 again, if the wait is going to be upwards of 10 days. [i'll find out Monday how long, could have it back as early as Wednesday] - and if so, I'll have to HiJack the GF's laptop for a week :D

Is there not some way of ejecting it manually?

It should automatically eject when you end the live session (i.e., reboot or shutdown).

If not, I find mashing the eject button on the computer while it's booting does the trick. The one downside of slot loaders...

Archived