All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Starting the challenge with Göztepe. I don't know if I will manage to finish this challenge let's see. * We have one hot prospect already. He could develop to a decent player.
  3. This happens to me quite often Now for example I lost 3 consecutive matches with the AI having 80-90% success in offensive actions. And my team with wasted opportunities and an average of 3 balls on the post
  4. FM23* Deportivo Armenio Season 1 – 2023 – Second Division First FM23 season after two successful (and a bunch of unsuccessful secret FM21 youth academy saves). Decided to go to Argentina, never managed there in any capacity and it seemed like a fun idea to try and usurp the Boca/River dynamic and create a third club that is both world class in player production and performance. I picked my co-captain and leader in appearances from my Bulgaria YAC save as my avatar. The first screen shot might suggest that he is the invisible man himself, but I have managed to switch his profile picture. Must be daunting and awkward, being an almost 2-meter-tall Bulgarian in a country where the average person is 25 cm shorter. Talk about sticking out as a sore thumb. The club had almost no staff, and especially no assistant who can filter out the staff that won’t sign for us. Took a long time before I signed my HOYD , who as you can see doesn’t offer much in terms of quality. I did pay attention to the personalities of every single person I brought in, never settling for a personality that didn’t guarantee high professionalism . I even managed to nab a famous former Premier League player . While my HOYD is poor, my director of football is quite good, for the level at least, and he is tasked with bringing in the Newgens. Based on my last two saves, I decided to prioritize defensive solidity. That is why I picked this tactic as my starter, with an offensive variation for when I needed to turn things around and defensive one for when I have a lead and want to kill off a match. I was very optimistic about my first season, with a few hiccups. The season previews had as at 21 and 17. And when I looked through the squad, there were plenty of players who looked similar in quality to what I had on my bench in Bulgaria. But I was not prepared just how good the season would go. The first inkling of potential success came in the second round of the cup (sixth in total) where we faced off against Newells Old Boys. They were around 10th in the league when we played them. I thought they would dispatch us with an easy 2 or 3 nil. But we controlled the game and ended up 1 0 victors. We kept keeping clean sheets and winning games by a goal most of the game. With 15 games to go we were the best defensive team in the league and in second place, 4 points behind Alte. Brown. This is where I took a tiny tactical gamble. I decided to add a bit more penetration. The left wingback was changed from defend to support. The Central Mid on Support became a Mezzala on Support. The traditional GK a Sweeper Keeper on Attack. After these changes, we never failed to score and created a good run of form which led to our title. We weren’t as solid as before, but the balance between attack and defense was better and we won a lot more frequently. We also suffered our only two defeats in the season. Boca scored 6 against us in the QF of the cup and another team scored 4 out of an xG of around 1. In the end we won the league 2 points ahead of Alte Brown, who lost in the playoffs, with Ferro getting promoted along with us. Our undefeated streak lasted for 30 games. But it wasnt smooth sailing and I really thought I might get sacked. Due to my manager not having enough reputation, the squad really wanted me out, even with all the wins, it took close to 6 months until Seca, the leader of the dressing room saw me as worthy of the team. We also had a club election and the new chairman said he wanted to see if I keep the job. Finances are rough we are 1,5 mil in the red, but the board injected cash and I hope the fact that we got promoted will increase sponsors and gate revenues. Towards the end of January, we got our first youth intake, excellent in name and promising at least 3 players with high potential, a winger, a central mid and an attacking midfielder . Four months later, in mid-May we got our first batch of Argentine Newgens . Two out of our 3 Elite Talents were players who were predicted. Gustavo Marchesin is a talented winger with great personality. Very athletic, explosive, with surprising amount of aggression and finishing. He added a half of start potential by the end of the season and is already 2 stars in a bunch of roles. Have high hopes for him and I think he will get a couple of minutes next season. While the game things he is best as an AML, Matias Irala is the promised AMC with lots of talent. He came in very raw and with a bad personality. I am trying my best to squeeze every ounce of talent out of him. He is very creative but lacks in a lot of areas, especially pace, determination and intelligence. The third elite talent was a CB who can play both FB positions as well, named Marcos Espinoza . While he looks like the guy she told you not to worry about, he is still far away from the first team. Decent all round attribute spread, nothing great or awful. We are lacking in the heart of our defense, and I really hope he can reach at least 3 star out of his 4,5 current potential, given he also has a bad personality.I would also add Patricio Correa to this list. He wasn’t an elite talent when the announcement came, but by the time the end of the season came, he was also a 4,5 star potential. I have a hunch his balanced personality is on the higher end of professionalism and ambition because he keeps getting high training scores. A natural MC, he is probably the talented MC my preview predicted. In terms of player performances: Pio Bonacci is the leading scorer with 16 goals in all competitions. Juan Pablo Salomoni is the player with the highest average rating. Gonzalo Rios is our lead creator with 11 assists. Would have probably had more if he wasn’t pissed at my lack of reputation for half a season. Onto the next season! Where we can hopefully get more than 1.11 point per game and survive in the league.
  5. Oh, and of course, there's another significant wage increase in joining Sheffield Wednesday... The Owls have quadrupled my earnings at club level from £2500pw to £10000pw, which added onto the £46500pw I get from France, takes my total earnings to £56500pw. Considering I was on around 1% of that not much more than a year ago, I'm pretty happy with my work up to now in management and despite the loyalty not quite being there, that's not what this save is about. It's about making money.
  6. I'd say you've come a long way since you said this though!
  7. We have qualified for the World Cup playoff with Honduras. I am really proud of the team for achieving this. We are finally making progress with this team. We play El Salvador in the World Cup playoff.
  8. UCL Squad Registration This is our 25-man squad for the group stage. Mavounia-Kouka & Zague are included as cover in both full back positions. Barcola has been moved to the first team after his recent arrival (despite what it says in the screenshot below) and then the only other 2nd team player included due to homegrown restrictions is Michut. Verrati & Draxler leave the club within the next month, whilst Kimpembe, Rico & Nuno Mendes (not mentioned below) are unavailable due to injury.
  9. I think the only PI added was take more risks to the right back, wanted him to try the same kind of balls forwards that the BPDs were trying
  10. How's this coming along. Completely forgot how intrigued I was when I watched this game. Wishing you luck on this!
  11. Today
  12. December began with the aforementioned visit of QPR in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy South 2nd round and we drew 3-3 with them in what was a brilliant 90 minutes, Gudjohnsen ending his scoring drought with a brace and Anderson with the other. We won the tie on penalties 5-3 after Maynard saved Hepburn-Murphy's opening penalties for QPR. We then beat them again 3 days later at The Valley again, this time Jack Taylor scoring in a much changed side from the one a few days earlier. We couldn't continue the good form though as we lost away at Exeter 3 days after that though, losing 1-0 at St James Park. We then welcomed a Wigan side who're in the playoff hunt with us and could only manage a 1-1 draw with them, they equalised in the 93rd minute. These results means we have dropped to 6th in the league midway through December. Now, you may notice that December has been cut short, which is odd as it's arguably the busiest month of the English footballing calendar. This is because I have a new job... My rise up the English football pyramid continues after being offered the Sheffield Wednesday job in the Championship. I leave Charlton after just over a year in charge and have left them in a playoff place and with a much more balanced squad than the one I came into a year ago. Despite not being in great form, I do still believe Charlton are in with a shout of promotion this season, however it may have to be via the Playoffs as Plymouth and Wrexham are starting to pull away at the top now. Moving onto my new role, the Owls have won their last 2 before my arrival against Derby and Bristol City, so I come into the match against Blackburn next with the side in good form. These are the players I have at my disposal. There are some familiar names to Championship fans with the likes of Darnell Furlong, Will Vaulks, and Callum Paterson playing a lot of their career's in this league, as well as some very exciting talents with the likes of goalkeeper Pierce Charles, Lewis Warrington and Bailey Cadamarteri all looking like very good prospects. The latter of those 3 is having a great season up to now, scoring 13 goals in 23 appearances, all of which have come in the Championship.
  13. You are in the wrong forum asking about FMXML .xml is opened by alot of programs, notepad++ editplus, notepad etc .fmf is extracted by using the "Resource archiver" which is free.
  14. I started a new game recently with real world transfers on and i'm managing Truro. All was going well when in January 5th 2024 an extension to a loan contract of my best CB Sam Sanders from York was auto extended until October, this a real world transfer and i cannot affect it. Nor do i want to but after it is successfully extended the day after on January 6th he just leaves the club and it says his loan has come to an end, it makes no sense as even his current loan didn't end till May. I can't figure out how to fix this bug.
  15. 26th of August, 2023 Suit Direct Stadium, Hartlepool Hartlepool United (14th) vs AFC Fylde (4th) I was nervous for today’s game. Not because of the opposition, but because she was supposed to be there. I don’t know why it mattered, but it did. Being alone for such a long time does strange things to a man. I’d always had an overactive imagination and the worst part of that was concerning women. Someone could smile vaguely in my direction while walking down the street and the next thing I knew, my imagination had us several years down the line, married with a couple of kids. It’s a dangerous thing, being alone… I arrived at the ground early, stalking the halls and brooding in my office while I waited for match time to approach. We held our usual pre-match meeting in the tactics room, including those members of the squad who weren’t selected for today’s game. That included Josh Umerah, who had been training like a drain that week and was passed over altogether, and Nicky Featherstone, who had twisted his knee in training the day before and would miss about ten days. Goodlad had already drawn out the teamsheet and formation on the whiteboard at the front of the room. It showed Dixon in goal, with Hendrie, Lacey, Pruti and Ferguson making up the defence. The centre of midfield was the domain of Crawford and Cooke, with Mancini in front of them. On the wings, Seaman and Ndjoli kept their spots while Mani Dieseruvwe got the nod up top. I took my place in front of the group and began to address them. “Tough game today, make no mistake about that. Fylde have hit the ground running and are playing some good football. But so can we. Today is all about making the right decisions. Which pass to play and when to play it. Keep it simple and cut out the mistakes, that’s what’s important today” I paused and pointed out the window towards the pitch. “There’s going to be kids there coming to watch us play for the first time. Let’s give them something to remember. And something to come back for. And on that note…” I said, taking the ball I’d left on the floor near the front. “Do me a favour and all sign this please?” I asked, lobbing the ball to Dixon, who caught it with ease. “Who’s it for?” asked Featherstone as he was handed the ball and a marker to sign it. I swallowed hard and tried to remain cool. “A friend’s kid, he’s a big fan. His name is Alfie, if that helps you, Feathers” “A friend, ey?” he added, his face breaking into a grin. There was a smattering of giggling from the group, which I ignored. “Focus on the game lads” I told them as I left the room with the signed ball.
  16. Aug 2023 Pre-determined transfer dates this month: In Out League We can't have asked for any better start to the campaign. Mbappe is pretty good isn't he? Champions League Draw This is what it is all about this season. We've been handed an incredibly tough group. I am excited about the prospect of testing ourselves against the bigger teams in the competition before we get to the knockouts - but we have to make it to the knockouts too!
  17. And how quick would someone comment "Its your tactics mate"
  18. Hi, could anyone help me with this? I've opened up FM for the first time since the final update, and every save encounters the same problem: some award names go missing after a while (see pictures) Anyone else have this happen and know how to solve it? I do have Artmoney but am inept at using it, I only use it to add pics to intermediaries, pa's, plo's, etc. I'm assuming there should be a way to solve this problem with that program, change the names of the missing awards somehow, but I have no idea how. If anyone knows how to do that and could share that could also be handy.
  19. September 2027 I expected September to be a tough month as we began this season's Champions League journey and faced some of the best sides in LaLiga. But we continue to play at a very high level and emerged with a 100% record - although it wasn't all plain sailing. We swept aside Atleti and Braga at home before travelling to Sociedad who, as they often do, proved to be a tougher nut to crack. Despite taking an early lead when youngster Telehovschi scored in the 12th minute, we found ourselves 1-2 down at the interval. In the second half we went wider and more considered and managed to find spaces in their defence. Three goals duly followed. Celtic provided little opposition and received a spanking before league leaders Barcelona made the journey to the far north-west with their troublesome Brazilian Box system: We took an early lead, they equalised; we regained the lead, they equalised again and then scored another just before halftime. On the hour I pulled off the ineffective Larsen and brought on Guiu to lead the line, and the switch paid immediate dividends as the youngster bagged two goals in the final 20-odd minutes to give us a deserved victory: The visitors were reduced to hacking us down as they struggled to cope with our relentless counter-attacking. At the other end, GK Hedl had a shocker, conceding from all of Barca's three shots on target. That result allowed us to overtake the Catalans at the top, although they've since played an extra game: The Customary Tactical Tinkering It's probably no surprise that as defending champions we're now facing a lot more defensive systems. And in pre-season and the opening league games, the 433 that was so dominant in the second half of last season was less effective. I've now settled on playing the 433 against 'better' sides and have brought back the old 4231dm system we played through the first half of last season when we need a bit more oomph in attack. It's a simple enough switch - the attacking CM moves up to shadow striker while the more conservative CM drops to DM. Everything else remains the same. In other news... problematical CB Rafa Marin has realised that he's not as good as he thinks and no-one is whisking him away to riches and glory. A couple of days after the transfer window closed, he formally withdrew his transfer request and has since signed a new deal with a release clause that rose to £97m. It's probably too early to judge but we might be seeing a change of the guard at striker. No.1 choice Larsen has just one goal from 5 starts; youngster Guiu has 4 from 4 starts and 2 sub appearances. Guiu also has an assist, something that's always been missing from Larsen's game. Something to keep an eye on. And on the subject of goals, here's why I think we are such an unstoppable force right now: We score goals from all positions. If the opposition manage to shut down the middle, we score from wide. If they close off the wide areas, we have deeper midfielders who can find the net. Even our fullbacks get in on the act (Bartesaghi has a goal contribution every time he's played this season). Here's hoping we can keep it up.
  20. MacAssistant RT is a third party tool which are not to be discussed on this forum. This thread has been locked for that reason.
  21. It’s not luck. Penalty taking is a skill that can be practiced like any other. Dealing with the pressure is also not luck and there are plenty of techniques for improving how you manage it. The myth that it’s a lottery is deeply ingrained in English football, but it’s not true.
  22. Despite penalty shootouts being decided mostly by luck, there's always something that we do have control of. I like your way of thinking!
  23. In FM graphics folder each .png has the club name. Example Rostocker FC.png in the config.xml <record from="Rostocker FC" to="graphics/pictures/club/879663/logo"/> Why can't FMXML or other app open an .fmf or .xml? And then search for the Club name and the associated ID in this database? The advantages. save a huge amount of time. To search for ID and enter the ID for .png's Searching for Club name in the Graphics folder no searching for wrong ID's Searching with Competition name Person Name Kit Club name Disadvantages Is there an ID with incorrect ID's in it, if the FM dosen't find a suitable png Searching for the wrong ID in the folder becomes a problem. Open FM or FM pre Game Editor Conclusion the Advantages outweigh
  1. Load more activity