Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Snoooze; Please follow the recommended fix for 20.2.0 db application crash issue, it has worked for me over the weekend. see the link below;
  3. As the title states, I have a player who is in the last year of his contract and is now refusing to resign due to believing he won't recieve another work permit. I am playing in Denmark however and the only work permit rule is that he get's paid over 725£ p/w, while he currently makes 4000£ p/w. Reloading a save and offering him a contract the day before he starts to complain works fine and his work permit gets accepted, however after he has become upset he will refuse to enter talks. This bug has been around for at least a couple of years now and I think it affects various leagues (although how many I can't say for certain.) If I recall correctly I had the same issue in FM19 in the Australian League. I have uploaded a save file named 'WP_BUG.fm'. This starts on the 5th of August and if you simulate forward the player Godsway Donyoh will ususally complain sometime within the next week. The timing on it is a little inconsistent, but most of the time it seems to occur between the 7th and 10th of August.
  4. For the record, removing those files only gave a Youth Intake to all USA teams on July 1, 2019 and never again. 2020 and 2021 had none.
  5. Same issue, game crashed since 5 Dec. For your advise, please. FM 2020 v20.2.0.1323779 (2019.12.08 22.44.47).dmp FM 2020 v20.2.0.1323779 (2019.12.09 12.42.20).dmp
  6. As I wrote in the feedback thread: So far I've started over ten new saves with FM20 and failed in every one of them. All of them look the same. When the season begins and I play the matches I either actually manage to score the first goal, but the rest of the match will be highlight after highlight after highlight of the other team having a corner, a free kick, or a throw in near my goal until they finally scores the goals they need to get even or win. Or they score the first goal and the rest of the match basically will be the clock ticking. On extended highlights. No matter what I try to do. Repeat this for 4-5 matches and the players want to have a talk about how incredible useless and stupid I am. A couple of losses later I start to cheat to end the downward spiral. And some games after that I usually end up playing the matches on the highest speed in the background while I watch YouTube and replay the game if I am down a goal or more when I check back. Then I delete the save after a while because what's the point. It's possible that FM20 is long term easy, but I'll never know.
  7. Okay this is actually getting frustrating. Champions league final, 90+1' winger decides to score from borderline impossible angle instead of simply squaring to open striker (Kane) or even far post to Dele (No.20), ended up losing 1-3 in extra time. Adding on to the fact I had two of my defender signings out for months (AJer + Chilwell) I was really tempted to save scum out of frustration. I normally don't complain but this is just ridiculous and I needed to vent somewhere lol.
  8. Check this on your responsibilities screen. This is default version so loan manager and Head coaches have the authority. You need to have all sales/outgoings on your control from your intiation. I Changed that to This helped me to control the Loan manager to stop loaning the players. Also i set offer to clubs I felt this cut down his transfer dealings
  9. Yeah- each manager has that responsibility but I have got the final acceptance on any transfer deal ( in fact I have stopped 2 of those going through as well!)- the loan deals, It appears I cant stop?
  10. Did you checked who is incharge of U23/ Reserve/ B team's transfer goings. same for U18/ U19's.
  11. too many conceded and cards when using Beowulf especially away games
  12. England 2029 - Staff, First England Squad, debut v France and Iran Home friendlies are arranged with France, my former employers Iran, and USA. I also build my staff: Way back in 2008, I brought in Andy Polston from non-league Billericay Town to be my assistant at Serie C club Varese. In 2029, still at Varese, he will now also be England assistant manager. The Neville brothers come in as coaches. Gary got 96 caps before retiring at Everton (in the same team as Phil!) and becoming a youth coach at Coventry and Chelsea before coaching at Newcastle. Phil earned 52 caps and also played for United then Everton, though he retired after a loan to Scunthorpe. He became assistant at Conference North side Northwich Victoria, lasted as manager for a year, and is assistant at Southend United. Given I'm only here for a year, no permanent youth managers will be appointed. Instead, Gary will be in charge of the Under-19s for the U19 Euros, while Phil will take charge of the Under-21s. I give the physio job to Colin Lewin, the Arsenal physio and cousin of ex-England physio Gary. He's joined by a former Arsenal graduate who spent his career in League One but hasn't got a job since retiring years ago, despite his ability. ========================================================== ========================================================== Before my first matches, Gary Neville's England Under-19s are knocked out of Euro 2029 at the semi-final stage on penalties. Their highlight was a 5-1 win over Germany. ========================================================== ========================================================== My First England Squad Goalkeepers Butler - 25, Man Utd, 4 caps Duxbury - 27, Blackburn, 1 cap Zabek - 29, West Ham, Uncapped England had been looking for a new goalkeeper now their former #1 is 37 and long past his best. Duxbury is the most (perhaps only) in-form goalkeeper. Butler is in the process of being sold to Norwich for a record £20m, with hopes he reaches his potential elsewhere. Right-Backs Huckle (DR/L/C) - 29, Arsenal, 2 goals in 28 caps Morris - 31, Newcastle, 1 goal in 38 caps Huckle is top class, while Morris is an able deputy. An injury in this position (Cummins) means it's just these two for now. Left-Backs Petty (DL/C) - 22, Preston, Uncapped Wilson (D/WBL) - 26, Arsenal, 4 caps Wilson got 2 assists at Euro 2028. Petty is a surprise call-up. He excelled in the SPL two seasons ago and did well in his handful of games last season for Preston. Really, there's no depth in the full-back positions, so we might instead use wing-backs. Centre-backs Burley - 31, Man Utd, 4 caps Friar - 24, Man Utd, 4 caps Holt (DC/ST) - 27, Bayern, 6 goals in 20 caps James - 28, Newcastle, 30 caps Despite his sensational form for us, Burley hadn't been called up before now. Friar debuted at the Confederations Cup, and he and Burley seems an obvious partnership for club and country. James is another world class centre-back, so it's looking more obvious to play 3 at the back with wing-backs. Holt is European Defender of the Year, but I wouldn't rate him higher than a few other English centre-backs. Right Wing-Backs and Wingers Boardman (M/AMR) - 26, Newcastle, 3 goals in 10 caps Melvin (WB/M/AMR) - 22, Arsenal, uncapped Boardman scored in 3 of England's 4 Euro 2028 games, but made no impact in the Confederations Cup. Has the tackling ability to play as wing-back. Melvin has only been fine in the Premier League, but we're really lacking depth on the right. Left Wing-Backs and Wingers Casey (ML/AML) - 23, Man Utd, uncapped Hill (ML/AML) - 26, Roma, 1 goal in 7 caps Stevens (M/AML, AMC) - 27, Coventry, 3 caps Williamson (WB/M/AML) - 29, Inter, 18 caps Williamson got 7.45, 7.08 and 7.40 in his last 3 seasons in Serie A, but for some reason his form tanks in cups, which doesn't help me... Hill got a goal or assist in his 3 Euro 2028 games, and an assist at the Confederations Cup, but is regularly booked and is suspended for England's first World Cup game. Despite impressing the past few seasons (and getting 5 goals in 17 U21 games), Casey has never been promoted. Another error I'm fixing. Central Midfielders Anderson (DC, DM/MC) - 22, Newcastle, uncapped Austin (MC, AMC) - 29, Preston, 1 cap Day (M/AMR, MC, AMC) - 30, Napoli, uncapped Doyle (ML/C) - 27, Lazio, 19 caps Anderson is another surprise callup as he's barely played, though he has once this season and scored. His attributes are really good so I want to see how he does. Day had been a regular for Tottenham without blowing anyone anyway. Maybe I can find the right role for him. Strikers Henry - 27, Blackburn, 5 caps Neal - 25, Coventry, 1 cap Stokes (MC, AMC, ST) - 29, Leicester, 6 goals in 37 caps Stott - 29, West Ham, 10 goals in 17 caps Taylor - 26, Middlesbrough, 1 cap Stott tends to either score a goal (or two) or is completely anonymous; he either wins a game or reduces you to effectively 10 men. In comparison, Stokes has shown that special ability to often pop up at the right time to save the day, and his low return may be due to playing in midfield as much as up front. Taylor got 4 goals and 3 assists last season in 20 league games, so you see what that says when even he makes the squad. He's physically strong, though, and may have potential to score more. Henry scored 11 in 33 in the Premier League last season. Neal got 19 goals and 10 assists in 41(4) games last season. ========================================================== ========================================================== v France @ Wembley Stadium, London - 1/9/29 France are just about top of their qualifying group after 6 clean sheets in 9 matches, but were the wrong side of history with a 2-0 loss away to Moldova. They haven't qualified for a competition since Euro 2024. Tactics and Selection With 3 or 4 really physically strong centre-backs, and little depth on the flanks (but top players that can attack and defend there), 5 at the back with wing-backs is the logical conclusion. --- 10 -- 9 --- ------ 8 ------ --- 7 --- 2 --- 11 ---------- 6 -- 3 -- 5 -- 4 -- ------ 1 ------ 1 - Duxbury 4 - James 5 - Friar 3 - Burley 6 - Boardman 11 - Williamson 2 - Anderson 7 - Doyle 8 - Stokes (c) 9 - Stott 10 - Holt Duxbury is my current choice for #1. Newcastle United's James joins my Manchester United pairing for perhaps the physically strongest defensive line in football today. Boardman is a midfielder, but a very good tackler. Also takes every set piece. Young Anderson makes his debut as our defensive midfielder. Stokes plays at MC, AMC and ST, so hopefully this is the perfect position for England's impact player. With England's usual captain not in the matchday squad, he takes the armband. Stott, Holt and Stokes are the only England players with 6 or more international goals, so they're the front 3. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- (Ranked 1st) England 3 - 0 France (Ranked 13th) Boardman (14) Doyle (15) Neal (70) France nearly scored in 40 seconds but, after 15 minutes, we'd scored two 30-yarders from the middle of the pitch within 1 minute of each other. We had 21 shots, though only 9 on target, in England's biggest win over France since 1969. Ratings GK - Duxbury - 8 - Made a couple of saves. Sub - Zabek - 7 - No shots to save for the debutant. CB - James - 8 (MOTM) - The most interceptions and didn't lose a tackle or header. CB - Friar - 8 CB - Burley - 8 - Missed a few tackles. RWB - Boardman - 8 - Opened the scoring and had dangerous free kicks. Sub - Melvin - 7 - Easy debut. LWB - Williamson - 7 - Great defending. Goal aside, played better than Boardman. DM - Anderson - 8 - Highest passes by far with 64. Mature debut. CM - Doyle - 8 - Several key passes and copied Boardman's goal with his own. On the plane in this form... oh wait, there is no plane if we're hosts... (Sub) - Austin - 7 - 66% pass completion could be better. AM - Stokes - 7 - A couple of key passes and shots, but I wanted more. Sub (for Holt) - Stevens - 7 ST - Stott - 7 - 4 shots in 45 minutes despite physical weaknesses. Sub - Taylor - 6 - My wildcard striker was injured within minutes. Sub - Neal - 7 - His replacement, though, scored his first England goal after his initial header rebounded back off the post. ST - Holt - 7 - Missed a few headers and shots. ========================================================== ========================================================== Taylor broke his foot, so he'll miss out on all of 2029 including our 2 remaining friendlies. Devastating for someone who was about to get a chance. Goalkeeper Butler is injured in training. I replace them with two uncapped central midfielders: Jones (MC) - 26, Coventry, uncapped - I needed another defensive player and he's just completed a £15.75m move to Coventry after a good season at Chelsea. Lea (MC / ST) - 22, Rangers, uncapped - Plays in midfield for club, but I want to see him up front. ========================================================== ========================================================== v Iran @ Wembley Stadium, London - 5/9/29 I took charge of Iran and enjoyed their best period since the Revolution, as I took them to the London Olympics, an Asian Cup final and 4 points at the World Cup (including a 3-1 win over current World and Euro champions Scotland). They carried on reaching Asian Cup quarter-finals and World Cups after I left but, after hiring 108-cap legend (and my former player) Hosain Kaebi, they failed to even qualify for the 2026 World Cup or get out of the group stage of the 2027 Asian Cup. They're set to appear at 2030, though. Kaebi's not the only former player I'm facing off against: I gave 34-year-old defender Fatemi his international debut at 18 in 2013. Today he'll make his 83rd appearance. As well as good players, they present a new challenge in that they play a flat 3-5-2. Tactics and Selection --- 7 -- 9 --- ------ 8 ------ --- 4 --- 10 --- 11 ---------- 6 -- 2 -- 5 -- 3 -- ------ 1 ------ 1 - Zabek 3 - Burley 5 - Friar 2 - Huckle 6 - Melvin 11 - Casey 10 - Day 4 - Jones 8 - Stokes (c) 9 - Henry 7 - Lea Zabek makes his full debut in goal so he can be tested. It's important to keep the back 3 together, but James is injured. Huckle slots right in as another top, physically strong defender. Day, Jones and my United winger Casey will make their debuts. Despite many changes, Stokes stays in his position and hopefully he'll have a great game. Lea makes his first appearance, while his strike partner will hope for his first England goal in his 6th game. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- (1st) England 4 - 1 Iran (56th) Henry (22) - Foroutan (30) Melvin (pen 55) Stott (81) Holt (90+2) And score, he did. It was actually a tougher game, with the last 2 goals only coming at the end. Possession was equal and shots pretty similar too. Iran gave us a good game. Iran were the better team at the start, but still went behind, and my change to 3-4-3 / 5-2-3 hoof-ball gaves us more of the game. We scored from more open play this time, rather than long-rangers and rebounds. Ratings GK - Zabek - 7 - The whole defence was to blame for the goal. DC - Burley - 8 (MOTM) - Despite an even poorer 'completed tackles' stat (2 in 7), he wins MOTM down to his assist and 16 interceptions. DC - Friar - 7 Sub - Petty - 7 DC - Huckle - 8 - Most key passes (4). RWB - Melvin - 7 - Poor in attack, good in defence, just as his attributes said. Scored a penalty. Sub - Boardman - 7 LWB - Casey - 7 - The debutant assisted our opener before coming off at half-time, having already proved himself. Sub - Hill - 8 - Got an assist. MC - Day - 7 (6) - I give him a 6 or a harsh 5. No key passes and less than 50% tackle completion. MC - Jones - 7 - Another debutant off in 45 minutes. That's a good thing. Sub - Anderson - 8 - Brilliant performance, getting an assist too. In just 1.5 games, the 22-year-old looks to be in the squad. Hope Newcastle play him this season. AM - Stokes (c) - 7 (5) - He's a 5 for me. Started in midfield before being pushed forward, but had a poor game: 5 in 14 passes, 4 in 14 headers, 1 in 3 shots, 4 fouls, and no goals or assists. Worrying. ST - Henry - 7 - Opened the scoring, stropped when subbed. Sub - Holt - 8 (7) - A nearly silent performance but pounced on a stoppage time goal. Still questions. ST - Lea - 7 - Didn't pull the trigger early enough, did a bit better in midfield. Sub (for Day) - Stott - 7 - As I suspected, his below-average physical game is compensated by his gumption and his ability to be at the right place at the right time. While Lea was quiet, Stott got a goal when he took his place. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- A crowd-pleasing start with the top players mostly performing as expected and already booking themselves a place on the plane*, but there is still many places to play for, with 1 friendly and a whole season to go... *As we're hosts, there probably won't be a plane...
  13. England 2029 - Staff, First England Squad, debut v France and Iran Home friendlies are arranged with France, my former employers Iran, and USA. I also build my staff: Way back in 2008, I brought in Andy Polston from non-league Billericay Town to be my assistant at Serie C club Varese. In 2029, still at Varese, he will now also be England assistant manager. The Neville brothers come in as coaches. Gary got 96 caps before retiring at Everton (in the same team as Phil!) and becoming a youth coach at Coventry and Chelsea before coaching at Newcastle. Phil earned 52 caps and also played for United then Everton, though he retired after a loan to Scunthorpe. He became assistant at Conference North side Northwich Victoria, lasted as manager for a year, and is assistant at Southend United. Given I'm only here for a year, no permanent youth managers will be appointed. Instead, Gary will be in charge of the Under-19s for the U19 Euros, while Phil will take charge of the Under-21s. I give the physio job to Colin Lewin, the Arsenal physio and cousin of ex-England physio Gary. He's joined by a former Arsenal graduate who spent his career in League One but hasn't got a job since retiring years ago, despite his ability. ========================================================== ========================================================== Before my first matches, Gary Neville's England Under-19s are knocked out of Euro 2029 at the semi-final stage on penalties. Their highlight was a 5-1 win over Germany. ========================================================== ========================================================== My First England Squad Goalkeepers Butler - 25, Man Utd, 4 caps Duxbury - 27, Blackburn, 1 cap Zabek - 29, West Ham, Uncapped England had been looking for a new goalkeeper now their former #1 is 37 and long past his best. Duxbury is the most (perhaps only) in-form goalkeeper. Butler is in the process of being sold to Norwich for a record £20m, with hopes he reaches his potential elsewhere. Right-Backs Huckle (DR/L/C) - 29, Arsenal, 2 goals in 28 caps Morris - 31, Newcastle, 1 goal in 38 caps Huckle is top class, while Morris is an able deputy. An injury in this position (Cummins) means it's just these two for now. Left-Backs Petty (DL/C) - 22, Preston, Uncapped Wilson (D/WBL) - 26, Arsenal, 4 caps Wilson got 2 assists at Euro 2028. Petty is a surprise call-up. He excelled in the SPL two seasons ago and did well in his handful of games last season for Preston. Really, there's no depth in the full-back positions, so we might instead use wing-backs. Centre-backs Burley - 31, Man Utd, 4 caps Friar - 24, Man Utd, 4 caps Holt (DC/ST) - 27, Bayern, 6 goals in 20 caps James - 28, Newcastle, 30 caps Despite his sensational form for us, Burley hadn't been called up before now. Friar debuted at the Confederations Cup, and he and Burley seems an obvious partnership for club and country. James is another world class centre-back, so it's looking more obvious to play 3 at the back with wing-backs. Holt is European Defender of the Year, but I wouldn't rate him higher than a few other English centre-backs. Right Wing-Backs and Wingers Boardman (M/AMR) - 26, Newcastle, 3 goals in 10 caps Melvin (WB/M/AMR) - 22, Arsenal, uncapped Boardman scored in 3 of England's 4 Euro 2028 games, but made no impact in the Confederations Cup. Has the tackling ability to play as wing-back. Melvin has only been fine in the Premier League, but we're really lacking depth on the right. Left Wing-Backs and Wingers Casey (ML/AML) - 23, Man Utd, uncapped Hill (ML/AML) - 26, Roma, 1 goal in 7 caps Stevens (M/AML, AMC) - 27, Coventry, 3 caps Williamson (WB/M/AML) - 29, Inter, 18 caps Williamson got 7.45, 7.08 and 7.40 in his last 3 seasons in Serie A, but for some reason his form tanks in cups, which doesn't help me... Hill got a goal or assist in his 3 Euro 2028 games, and an assist at the Confederations Cup, but is regularly booked and is suspended for England's first World Cup game. Despite impressing the past few seasons (and getting 5 goals in 17 U21 games), Casey has never been promoted. Another error I'm fixing. Central Midfielders Anderson (DC, DM/MC) - 22, Newcastle, uncapped Austin (MC, AMC) - 29, Preston, 1 cap Day (M/AMR, MC, AMC) - 30, Napoli, uncapped Doyle (ML/C) - 27, Lazio, 19 caps Anderson is another surprise callup as he's barely played, though he has once this season and scored. His attributes are really good so I want to see how he does. Day had been a regular for Tottenham without blowing anyone anyway. Maybe I can find the right role for him. Strikers Henry - 27, Blackburn, 5 caps Neal - 25, Coventry, 1 cap Stokes (MC, AMC, ST) - 29, Leicester, 6 goals in 37 caps Stott - 29, West Ham, 10 goals in 17 caps Taylor - 26, Middlesbrough, 1 cap Stott tends to either score a goal (or two) or is completely anonymous; he either wins a game or reduces you to effectively 10 men. In comparison, Stokes has shown that special ability to often pop up at the right time to save the day, and his low return may be due to playing in midfield as much as up front. Taylor got 4 goals and 3 assists last season in 20 league games, so you see what that says when even he makes the squad. He's physically strong, though, and may have potential to score more. Henry scored 11 in 33 in the Premier League last season. Neal got 19 goals and 10 assists in 41(4) games last season. ========================================================== ========================================================== v France @ Wembley Stadium, London - 1/9/29 France are just about top of their qualifying group after 6 clean sheets in 9 matches, but were the wrong side of history with a 2-0 loss away to Moldova. They haven't qualified for a competition since Euro 2024. Tactics and Selection With 3 or 4 really physically strong centre-backs, and little depth on the flanks (but top players that can attack and defend there), 5 at the back with wing-backs is the logical conclusion. --- 10 -- 9 --- ------ 8 ------ --- 7 --- 2 --- 11 ---------- 6 -- 3 -- 5 -- 4 -- ------ 1 ------ 1 - Duxbury 4 - James 5 - Friar 3 - Burley 6 - Boardman 11 - Williamson 2 - Anderson 7 - Doyle 8 - Stokes (c) 9 - Stott 10 - Holt Duxbury is my current choice for #1. Newcastle United's James joins my Manchester United pairing for perhaps the physically strongest defensive line in football today. Boardman is a midfielder, but a very good tackler. Also takes every set piece. Young Anderson makes his debut as our defensive midfielder. Stokes plays at MC, AMC and ST, so hopefully this is the perfect position for England's impact player. With England's usual captain not in the matchday squad, he takes the armband. Stott, Holt and Stokes are the only England players with 6 or more international goals, so they're the front 3. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- (Ranked 1st) England 3 - 0 France (Ranked 13th) Boardman (14) Doyle (15) Neal (70) France nearly scored in 40 seconds but, after 15 minutes, we'd scored two 30-yarders from the middle of the pitch within 1 minute of each other. We had 21 shots, though only 9 on target, in England's biggest win over France since 1969. Ratings GK - Duxbury - 8 - Made a couple of saves. Sub - Zabek - 7 - No shots to save for the debutant. CB - James - 8 (MOTM) - The most interceptions and didn't lose a tackle or header. CB - Friar - 8 CB - Burley - 8 - Missed a few tackles. RWB - Boardman - 8 - Opened the scoring and had dangerous free kicks. Sub - Melvin - 7 - Easy debut. LWB - Williamson - 7 - Great defending. Goal aside, played better than Boardman. DM - Anderson - 8 - Highest passes by far with 64. Mature debut. CM - Doyle - 8 - Several key passes and copied Boardman's goal with his own. On the plane in this form... oh wait, there is no plane if we're hosts... (Sub) - Austin - 7 - 66% pass completion could be better. AM - Stokes - 7 - A couple of key passes and shots, but I wanted more. Sub (for Holt) - Stevens - 7 ST - Stott - 7 - 4 shots in 45 minutes despite physical weaknesses. Sub - Taylor - 6 - My wildcard striker was injured within minutes. Sub - Neal - 7 - His replacement, though, scored his first England goal after his initial header rebounded back off the post. ST - Holt - 7 - Missed a few headers and shots. ========================================================== ========================================================== Taylor broke his foot, so he'll miss out on all of 2029 including our 2 remaining friendlies. Devastating for someone who was about to get a chance. Goalkeeper Butler is injured in training. I replace them with two uncapped central midfielders: Jones (MC) - 26, Coventry, uncapped - I needed another defensive player and he's just completed a £15.75m move to Coventry after a good season at Chelsea. Lea (MC / ST) - 22, Rangers, uncapped - Plays in midfield for club, but I want to see him up front. ========================================================== ========================================================== v Iran @ Wembley Stadium, London - 5/9/29 I took charge of Iran and enjoyed their best period since the Revolution, as I took them to the London Olympics, an Asian Cup final and 4 points at the World Cup (including a 3-1 win over current World and Euro champions Scotland). They carried on reaching Asian Cup quarter-finals and World Cups after I left but, after hiring 108-cap legend (and my former player) Hosain Kaebi, they failed to even qualify for the 2026 World Cup or get out of the group stage of the 2027 Asian Cup. They're set to appear at 2030, though. Kaebi's not the only former player I'm facing off against: I gave 34-year-old defender Fatemi his international debut at 18 in 2013. Today he'll make his 83rd appearance. As well as good players, they present a new challenge in that they play a flat 3-5-2. Tactics and Selection --- 7 -- 9 --- ------ 8 ------ --- 4 --- 10 --- 11 ---------- 6 -- 2 -- 5 -- 3 -- ------ 1 ------ 1 - Zabek 3 - Burley 5 - Friar 2 - Huckle 6 - Melvin 11 - Casey 10 - Day 4 - Jones 8 - Stokes (c) 9 - Henry 7 - Lea Zabek makes his full debut in goal so he can be tested. It's important to keep the back 3 together, but James is injured. Huckle slots right in as another top, physically strong defender. Day, Jones and my United winger Casey will make their debuts. Despite many changes, Stokes stays in his position and hopefully he'll have a great game. Lea makes his first appearance, while his strike partner will hope for his first England goal in his 6th game. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- (1st) England 4 - 1 Iran (56th) Henry (22) - Foroutan (30) Melvin (pen 55) Stott (81) Holt (90+2) And score, he did. It was actually a tougher game, with the last 2 goals only coming at the end. Possession was equal and shots pretty similar too. Iran gave us a good game. Iran were the better team at the start, but still went behind, and my change to 3-4-3 / 5-2-3 hoof-ball gaves us more of the game. We scored from more open play this time, rather than long-rangers and rebounds. Ratings GK - Zabek - 7 - The whole defence was to blame for the goal. DC - Burley - 8 (MOTM) - Despite an even poorer 'completed tackles' stat (2 in 7), he wins MOTM down to his assist and 16 interceptions. DC - Friar - 7 Sub - Petty - 7 DC - Huckle - 8 - Most key passes (4). RWB - Melvin - 7 - Poor in attack, good in defence, just as his attributes said. Scored a penalty. Sub - Boardman - 7 LWB - Casey - 7 - The debutant assisted our opener before coming off at half-time, having already proved himself. Sub - Hill - 8 - Got an assist. MC - Day - 7 (6) - I give him a 6 or a harsh 5. No key passes and less than 50% tackle completion. MC - Jones - 7 - Another debutant off in 45 minutes. That's a good thing. Sub - Anderson - 8 - Brilliant performance, getting an assist too. In just 1.5 games, the 22-year-old looks to be in the squad. Hope Newcastle play him this season. AM - Stokes (c) - 7 (5) - He's a 5 for me. Started in midfield before being pushed forward, but had a poor game: 5 in 14 passes, 4 in 14 headers, 1 in 3 shots, 4 fouls, and no goals or assists. Worrying. ST - Henry - 7 - Opened the scoring, stropped when subbed. Sub - Holt - 8 (7) - A nearly silent performance but pounced on a stoppage time goal. Still questions. ST - Lea - 7 - Didn't pull the trigger early enough, did a bit better in midfield. Sub (for Day) - Stott - 7 - As I suspected, his below-average physical game is compensated by his gumption and his ability to be at the right place at the right time. While Lea was quiet, Stott got a goal when he took his place. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- A crowd-pleasing start with the top players mostly performing as expected and already booking themselves a place on the plane*, but there is still many places to play for, with 1 friendly and a whole season to go... *As we're hosts, there probably won't be a plane...
  14. You can believe whatever you want, mate. If you are pleased with your results, then good luck!
  15. Noooooooooo A club in the Champions League actually bid his min. fee and he went. Worst bit is he's gone for less wages then we would have offered and only to be a squad player. I'll buy him back whenever I bloody can. It's rare you get such a class player trained at Rotherham!
  16. Today
  17. I would guess that the news item had been already generated in the game for later in the day before you released him.
  18. I have a loan manager who looks after all my squad loans ( not really sure why, but that is another story ). I have several of my reserves who are close to the first team and with a small first team squad, was keeping them close in case they were needed. I marked them all unavailable for loan, but he has now sent 2 of them away on loan for the season ( for nil contribution to wages and no fee! ) and I cant appear to stop the deal going through. I have the final word on all sales throughout the club, but can see any way of controlling this member of staff. Am I missing something in staff responsibilities?
  19. I released a non-contract player at 11:05 in the morning and that evening I got a message from my press officer about him demanding first-team football in an interview with Sky Sports. I *guess* the timing of the release and article could explain it, but it seems odd that a news channel would release an article like that after the player has been released.
  20. I've been working on a USA database that gets rid of the MLS and all its other leagues and replaces them with a model very similar to the English Football pyramid. It's working very well so far but it's been noticed that there isn't any youth intake. Kind of makes sense due to the MLS draft existing but I figured once I got rid of all the existing leagues and built my own, they would act appropriately. I figured that because of the draft, maybe something was hard coded in the game to not have youth intakes for USA. So I took my DB I already created and basically moved everything in USA to Canada and low and behold, all the teams had proper youth intakes. So I know it's something with the USA in the game. I did some digging around and can't find anything online. If there is and I've missed it, I'm sorry. Looking at the files on my computer, I see the following 3 files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020\data\database\db\2000\dbc\usa.dbc C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020\data\database\db\2001\dbc\usa.dbc C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020\data\database\db\2010\dbc\usa.dbc I am going through a year's holiday now to see if removing those files fixes the issue and will write back here once I find out but has anyone successfully gotten this to work? Seems like it should be something editable rather than hard coded. Thanks in advance.
  21. The 2027/28 Champions League final is all set for kickoff. Follow the live blog over at FtCS: https://www.fmcheapseats.com/index.php/2019/12/08/2028-champions-league-final/
  22. MRT90 BRAZIL - FM20 Featuring: National First Division National Second Division National Third Division National Fourth Division (with qualification via State Championships) Playable Non-League Clubs State Championships Brazilian Cup Northeast Cup Copa Verde Subscribe to download and have automatic access to future updates: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1932453232 important: To manage a team in Fourth Division or without a division, select "Brazilian Non-League Clubs" when starting a new game To get updated Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana history (including Flamengo as champions), subscribe to this link and select the file "Lib_Sud_History_2019" when starting a new game: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1932461738
  23. Thanks! I’ve decided I’m going to have another go at the challenge, which will start tomorrow. I’m going to take inspiration from XaW and delve into Norway. I’ve played in Sweden before taking FC Linköping from the 4th tier To becoming Swedish champions before and had great fun, so I’m excited to play in Scandinavia again! @XaW as a Norwegian do you have any team recommendations? I’m assuming also it’s going to be incredibly difficult to win the champions league in Norway!
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?