The Celtic FC 2008/09 Thread - League titles, biscuit tins, terrible football and absolutely no riots.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yous are so going to Manchester. Guaranteed.

Or at least what's left of it! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Pot One doesn't matter, they are all pretty good, but Real Madrid or Inter Milan please, if anyone needs a reason to play either of these two your either an idiot or a child!

Pot Two is also tough but Porto for old times sake, Sporting Lisbon or Werder Bremen for being pants at least last season.

Pot Four could be a nightmare, Aalborg are pretty decent and the Romanians have made good progress in Europe over recent years, and we know the first four are all tough, so that leaves Anorthosis or Bate Borisov, please!

We'll be fine as long as we get the right referees. ;)

Yous are so going to Manchester. Guaranteed.

David Taylor and Ter, one and the same?????

Man United, nae bother again.

Villareal was a bugger of a tie last time, not glamorous but good, however at least we get on with them!

Aalborg, oh yes just like Anderlecht, Rosenborg, Copenhagen, we should beat but probably won't at least away.

Could have been much, much worse.

Man U again :(

Doable group though, we can beat all of those at home, possibly pick up an away win at Aalborg and Villareal aren't too difficult - not a huge difference between us and most of the pot 2 teams.

Games against Man U will be like a derby, especially given the bad feeling last time round, so that might motivate the players for the away leg. Man U were complete twats last time.

Could have been a harder draw tbf. Man Utd are not as good as everyone makes out. Villarreal are not the best team in the world. Aalborg are not as good as us.

Sorry lad you are **** poor. Will get stuffed by United and Villareal, you'll be battling with AaB for 3rd ( my moneys on AaB). Only so long Celtic can keep getting lucky in Europe with such a bad side.

Im sure i heard on the radio that the Man Utd games will be the double header in the middle with the 1st one a CP. !st game is away to Villareal iirc

Draw not too bad considering, wouldn't really fear United so much without Ronaldo but obviously still tough

so poor that only one team has ever beaten us at home in the CL?

Our record at home is probably in the top 3 in CL history

And your away record must be the worst in CL history. United should win at Celtic Park, 2 years ago we were the better team and unlucky to lose imo. And that was with a much inferior side to what we have now.

And your away record must be the worst in CL history. United should win at Celtic Park, 2 years ago we were the better team and unlucky to lose imo. And that was with a much inferior side to what we have now.

Maybe but the fact remains that we have only lost once in the group phases, winnning the vast majority of the rest of them. saying we are poor is just stupid and ignorant

Should have but never, end of

Sorry lad you are **** poor. Will get stuffed by United and Villareal, you'll be battling with AaB for 3rd ( my moneys on AaB). Only so long Celtic can keep getting lucky in Europe with such a bad side.

Do one soft lad.

Guest sav112

Good draw for you lot then, obviously you can upset Man U as they never ever seem to get into gear till the second round as obviously once they get in that zone they are worlds apart.

The other two teams are beatable…..Group F &G look killers…….in fact I’d say that’s the best group you have got….you missed the likes of Juventus, Bayern Munich, PSV, Roma…………..

At least I can relax and enjoy the football, With your own team playing there is always the nerves……Should be good.

Could have been an easier pot 2 team, but otherwise yeah it's relatively doable. We should at least get third barring disaster of Artmedia/Kaunus proportions.

The Villareal ties will be the decisive ones. They're better than us and we struggle with spanish teams, but they're beatable at CP. Equally, they're well capable of beating Man U. Gonnae be close.

Most of them on here are probably all right, folk like BBB and that other guy though :D . it's weird how confrontational some of the Man U fans are anyway, can't remember any other club we've played n the CL being all "HAHA youse are **** the SPl is a joke!". I wasn't at the last game down there but from everyone I know who was, I've only ever heard what a great time people had, outside of this board, where apparently there were running battles and "CELTIC FANS HOLDING UP TRAMS :(:("

I suppose the IRA ***** is a part of it, and it's easier for junkies and neds to go down there than any other euro games. No doubt in the Celtic Park tie those hilarious unreconstructued neandarthals the 'Men' in Black will be back looking to 'avenge' what happened when Rangers went down there. Haha.

Anyway, that first game is gonna be crucial, ould like to see a comfortable win. We could easily not get any more points until the 5th game, after all.

Not even going to hazard a guess, it could go either way going by some performances this season (referees included!)

Hoping for Maloney and Samaras to link up well again, looked like an excellent partnership from the highlights I saw.

Well, that was always coming. Defence is dire and slow, midfield has no bite in it and Samaras is never a striker. McGeady really needs to be dropped, adds nothing to the team at the moment. The whole team is completely spineless.

On the plus side, nice to see an OF game that's a bit mental for a change.

Archived