The "I'm Terrible At FM" Club

I have done exceptionally well in this game since CM 1. That is until FM09 and for some reason I am a complete failure at this game. I can't even guarantee to get Leeds promoted in their first season from league one. After that it's all down hill.

Nor can the real Leeds. :D

Nor can the real Leeds. :D

I don't know about that. If Leeds play as well as they did on Monday at Oldham they'll get the playoffs. And that's from an Oldham Fan

You have to admire SI's nerve!

Chaarging 30 quid for a game everyone sucks at, but the addictiveness brings us crawling back every year:D

THAT, is a business plan!

Yeah but Stevie give Sega some of the Kudos for backing them icon10.gif

I don't know about that. If Leeds play as well as they did on Monday at Oldham they'll get the playoffs. And that's from an Oldham Fan

Yeah but Stevie give Sega some of the Kudos for backing them icon10.gif

Whats with that pointless link?

I am so terrible that i am in 2017 and my biggest success with Everton were runners up titles in FA and Carling Cup. But at least i have 150 mill Euro in the bank but those f...ing board doesnt want to build a new stadium. Actually i am so bad i just accidently paid 1.5 mill +incent. for a player whos contract runs out. Will come to me at the end of the season when he would have been free anyway.

Also sold a decent young striker for 7 mill. as i had 3 of them promising ones. Turned out he probably was the best of them as LIVERPOOL !!!!!!!!! got him one year later for 21 mill., some years later now his value is now at 32.000.000.000!!!!!!!!!. Dohhhh.

I'll join, im utterly useless, i took over the greek national team halfway through their euro 2012 qualifying campaign where they had: Faroe Islands, Maacedonia, Ireland, Portugal, Bosnia and some other useless team, they were top by 3 points, i took over and i ballsed it up, last game all i had to do was beat Faroe Islands at home by 2 goals, we only managed a 1-0!

Thank God I'm now managing Poland, never thought i'd be able to say that!

i thought that i was good at fm until one game where i started unemployed and pretty much steered blackburn into oblivion and only 5 years later they are in league two,

i got them relegated from the prem, got sacked, got a fairly cushy job as young boys bern manager and won the swiss league and cup but then blackburn offered me my old job back 10 pts clear at the bottom with 13 games to go and i got them relegated again. the next season they said i had no money to spend and i was 180k over budget, went into administration and was docked 10 points, this sounds impossible but i finished the season with 9pts and another relegation followed.

i thought that i was good at fm until one game where i started unemployed and pretty much steered blackburn into oblivion and only 5 years later they are in league two,

i got them relegated from the prem, got sacked, got a fairly cushy job as young boys bern manager and won the swiss league and cup but then blackburn offered me my old job back 10 pts clear at the bottom with 13 games to go and i got them relegated again. the next season they said i had no money to spend and i was 180k over budget, went into administration and was docked 10 points, this sounds impossible but i finished the season with 9pts and another relegation followed.

You should applly for a job in the lowest league in england!

Where you cannot get relegated, simply because you are the worst team in england and noone willl ever finish below you, and the advantage of having that job is that the only way is up!

You should applly for a job in the lowest league in england!

Where you cannot get relegated, simply because you are the worst team in england and noone willl ever finish below you, and the advantage of having that job is that the only way is up!

You can get relegated from the Blue Square North/South too, and you'll get sacked. In my own game, I'm now battling relegation with Braintree in the BSS. I've been at that club and in that league since the 2008/09 season. Part of me wants to battle relegation and stay in the BSS, but then another part of me is tired of the team and the league and wants to get relegated and move on to something else.

I'm ok if everythings going smoothly, I've got a good tactic I can change around a bit to suit the current situation. As soon as thinks go a little bit wrong I can never seem to get it back on track, after setting new records for wins/games going unbeaten I've now also set the records for games without a win/most loses in a row. Its not looking like changing anytime soon and from being linked with big jobs I've gone to be linked only with the sack.

Its been a long time since I won a trophy - probably have to go back to FM 06 for my trophy winning days. And as I said before all I have ever won is the Asia cup (with australia) which I was actually really happy with, the Uefa Cup with West Ham (that was one of the championship manager games - in which I restarted games regularly as I never understood the games or tactics, I was too young) and the Charity Shield wih Liverpool. PS I dont think that is even a trophy :D.

You can get relegated from the Blue Square North/South too, and you'll get sacked. In my own game, I'm now battling relegation with Braintree in the BSS. I've been at that club and in that league since the 2008/09 season. Part of me wants to battle relegation and stay in the BSS, but then another part of me is tired of the team and the league and wants to get relegated and move on to something else.

I was referring to if FM had more leagues, like the really really low sunday leagues

I always get second season syndrome, whicever team I play as, whichever players I buy, whichever tactics I use I always go on a bad run in the second season losing heavily (ie: 3-0 etc) to teams like Wigan.

It's the sole reason I just can't get into long-term games and really is very annoying. Once a save goes past the first season it goes down hill. The last time i've had a save over 3/4 seasons was in about FM07. Because of this I get bored really easily with it yet I keep on buying the new version :D

I always get second season syndrome, whicever team I play as, whichever players I buy, whichever tactics I use I always go on a bad run in the second season losing heavily (ie: 3-0 etc) to teams like Wigan.

It's the sole reason I just can't get into long-term games and really is very annoying. Once a save goes past the first season it goes down hill. The last time i've had a save over 3/4 seasons was in about FM07. Because of this I get bored really easily with it yet I keep on buying the new version :D

I was like this in my MarineFC game. I come 7th in the first season and only just missed play-off places but the next season I only got one win. I only made two changes and one of them was a highly rated forward and another was a back-up keeper who only made one appearance :(

Its the first season your managment of the team really takes effect. :p

Undoubtedly, but at the expense of fun for some people (mind those last 3 words). The sense of reward when winning stuff will be much better I suppose, I just can't win anything anymore. Makes you wonder if more realistic = better.

No disrespect meant but as I have said before if fun is more important than reality then you would probibly be better off playing FIFA manager

No disrespect meant but as I have said before if fun is more important than reality then you would probibly be better off playing FIFA manager

Except Fifa Manager isn't any fun, as it's just such a horrible series. It's safe to say no one would be better off playing Fifa Manager. ;)

Of course fun is more important than realism, it's still a game at the end of the day. That said FM needs a good dose of realism to present a convincing world of football. I just don't think they should overdo it. Anyway, I'm still having fun with the game, more than with FM08, but still not as much as FM07 and earlier. I do find I'm getting more involved in the matches, and winning tastes better than before. But losing is more frustrating than ever, and I've never lost as much as in FM09. :D

Archived