** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler firstly (and the main point) this tactic has actually got me enjoying the game again, I gave up playing for the last month or so until the new patch came out and after seeing your impressive results I decided to start a new game with your tactic and see what transpired. I actually lost my first two league games away at Swansea and QPR and was on my way to purchasing a brick before trying to find your address when I realised I hadn't read your piece on teamtalks.

This made a massive difference, went on a really good run despite those games and losing my main striker Ebanks-Blake for 6 months with a broken leg. I also noticed that Iwelumo who I was playing as the deeper striker (and he's more of a targetman) wasn't playing that well and I benefited from playing a more skillfull player in that role, I signed a guy (ironically from Motherwell) for that position Steve McGarry for 150k and he has been alot better. Towards the end I tried putting that second striker on mixed runs because I thought of Bergkamp, Rooney, Robinho who all play second striker and forward runs rarely didn't seem to sit right I won a few games 3-1 but it's early to tell, wondered if you had tried that at all?

So as I say thank you not only for the tactic but the detailed write up and how you handle teamtalks, training etc it's been an awful lot of help, just a quick question regarding teamtalks I say nothing pre match and nothing if ahead like you said and if losing/drawing I tend to do "have faith in your ability" to each player but sometimes this isn't available and I have a choice between "you can make a difference" which hasn't been overly successful or the team "you can win this" and they very rarely do just wondered what you tend to go for in said situations?

I've talked about the season i've had you can see it here: http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolfcham.jpg

and this struck me as slightly unusual, do you get this with your centre backs? http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7946/berra.jpg

Tyler firstly (and the main point) this tactic has actually got me enjoying the game again, I gave up playing for the last month or so until the new patch came out and after seeing your impressive results I decided to start a new game with your tactic and see what transpired. I actually lost my first two league games away at Swansea and QPR and was on my way to purchasing a brick before trying to find your address when I realised I hadn't read your piece on teamtalks.

This made a massive difference, went on a really good run despite those games and losing my main striker Ebanks-Blake for 6 months with a broken leg. I also noticed that Iwelumo who I was playing as the deeper striker (and he's more of a targetman) wasn't playing that well and I benefited from playing a more skillfull player in that role, I signed a guy (ironically from Motherwell) for that position Steve McGarry for 150k and he has been alot better. Towards the end I tried putting that second striker on mixed runs because I thought of Bergkamp, Rooney, Robinho who all play second striker and forward runs rarely didn't seem to sit right I won a few games 3-1 but it's early to tell, wondered if you had tried that at all?

So as I say thank you not only for the tactic but the detailed write up and how you handle teamtalks, training etc it's been an awful lot of help, just a quick question regarding teamtalks I say nothing pre match and nothing if ahead like you said and if losing/drawing I tend to do "have faith in your ability" to each player but sometimes this isn't available and I have a choice between "you can make a difference" which hasn't been overly successful or the team "you can win this" and they very rarely do just wondered what you tend to go for in said situations?

I've talked about the season i've had you can see it here: http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolfcham.jpg

and this struck me as slightly unusual, do you get this with your centre backs? http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7946/berra.jpg

Seba, thanks for the feedback. I like you're idea about the 2nd striker and will try this myself. I'll keep you updated. If drawing/losing I always say "You can win this" or "Encourage", to the whole team. If drawing against a team who is hot favourite to win I say nothing. I only give individual team talks at the end if they have ratings of -5.5 or +8.

A lot of goals for a DC. I've never had that many from corners. Maybe 20 max, and that was from Fazio who played about 60 games. I always do inswinging corners too, as better chance of a goal. This tactic creates lots of corners, don't you think.

So well done to you, I hope it keeps working for you in Prem next season.

i am currently trying the second version of the tactic with my liverpool team. I keep winning and it looks pretty better. One thing that worries me is the low possession i have in most games. Still winning so i cannot complain. Anyway having both torres and vagner love as strikers i decided to have them swap positions (i didnt know who to put left and who on the right). It seems to work nice. One thing i noticed is that i am great against strong teams ( arsenal, manchester, chelsea) but i do have some trouble against teams that choose to keep 11 players inside their area. I play great but cant break the defense. Goals only come from corners, fouls. In general this is great tactic.

Another update:

tablehx5.th.jpg

Including a recent 5-0 win over Droylsden, who were 2nd at the time:

resultszf9.th.jpg

Only real blemish is the Wycombe result. Again, we had chances to win it, but can't be majorly disappointed.

We've got an FA trophy 4th round tie and a Conference League Cup semi at home back-to-back now against Northwich and Histon, both in the BSP. Be interesting to see how we fare.

Also, I'm happy to report my right striker is the top scorer, not a goal-hogging corner centre back :p

statsfn5.th.jpg

Although, I must admit, I do score a fair bit of corners. But you're right, we do create a lot of corners with this tactic.

The tactic is going from strength to strength atm, so I haven't touched V2 yet, still going with my minor tweaks. Made up with this team predicted to be bottom! Been using the team talks suggested as well, by the way.

Managed to get Mark Davies in on loan from Bolton, as I switched parent teams from Tranmere to them and they offered him out, so it'll be hopefully a good move.

Well I wasn't too sure with the global mentalities idea to start but I've been thinking long and hard about it at work and decided to give it a go.

I've got a save game with Crewe that I started the week before 9.3 came out and we're currently lying in 20th and havn't won in 6 games. I'd been looking through here for a few tactics to test out on my upcoming match against Walsall at home where we are slight underdogs. I saved the game at team selection screen and loaded up a tactic to start testing. I was always a fan of 'rule of one' for mentalities in previous versions so tried a few variations of this. Ended up losing 0-1 four times and 0-2 twice and playing absolutly shocking every time with the exact same 4-4-2 and line-up but different settings. I kept loading the same game everytime after each test.

So I decided to bite the bullet and try out this tactic to see what happens. I loaded up the version 2 of it and picked the same line-up to start then I looked into my scout report and made a few tweaks. First I took off the RWB for the mids as they're not up to it then lowered the tempo, width and def line to the middle of the slider and started the game. We scored after 5 mins after my right mid burst to the line and crossed for my striker to glance a header past the keeper and dominated play up to half time. I 'encouraged' the lads at the break but Walsall came out on fire and it was backs to the wall for a while so I had to make more tweaks. Went a couple of notches narrower, deeper and lowered the mentality to the middle. Came back into the game more and controlled it nicely till the final whistle.

Going to test it some more now as it looks very good indeed.

Well I wasn't too sure with the global mentalities idea to start but I've been thinking long and hard about it at work and decided to give it a go.

I've got a save game with Crewe that I started the week before 9.3 came out and we're currently lying in 20th and havn't won in 6 games. I'd been looking through here for a few tactics to test out on my upcoming match against Walsall at home where we are slight underdogs. I saved the game at team selection screen and loaded up a tactic to start testing. I was always a fan of 'rule of one' for mentalities in previous versions so tried a few variations of this. Ended up losing 0-1 four times and 0-2 twice and playing absolutly shocking every time with the exact same 4-4-2 and line-up but different settings. I kept loading the same game everytime after each test.

So I decided to bite the bullet and try out this tactic to see what happens. I loaded up the version 2 of it and picked the same line-up to start then I looked into my scout report and made a few tweaks. First I took off the RWB for the mids as they're not up to it then lowered the tempo, width and def line to the middle of the slider and started the game. We scored after 5 mins after my right mid burst to the line and crossed for my striker to glance a header past the keeper and dominated play up to half time. I 'encouraged' the lads at the break but Walsall came out on fire and it was backs to the wall for a while so I had to make more tweaks. Went a couple of notches narrower, deeper and lowered the mentality to the middle. Came back into the game more and controlled it nicely till the final whistle.

Going to test it some more now as it looks very good indeed.

Good stuff Bigshow1. Keep us updated on you're progress.

i am currently trying the second version of the tactic with my liverpool team. I keep winning and it looks pretty better. One thing that worries me is the low possession i have in most games. Still winning so i cannot complain. Anyway having both torres and vagner love as strikers i decided to have them swap positions (i didnt know who to put left and who on the right). It seems to work nice. One thing i noticed is that i am great against strong teams ( arsenal, manchester, chelsea) but i do have some trouble against teams that choose to keep 11 players inside their area. I play great but cant break the defense. Goals only come from corners, fouls. In general this is great tactic.

Thanks for that aleksiss.

Another update:

Including a recent 5-0 win over Droylsden, who were 2nd at the time:

Only real blemish is the Wycombe result. Again, we had chances to win it, but can't be majorly disappointed.

We've got an FA trophy 4th round tie and a Conference League Cup semi at home back-to-back now against Northwich and Histon, both in the BSP. Be interesting to see how we fare.

Also, I'm happy to report my right striker is the top scorer, not a goal-hogging corner centre back :p

Although, I must admit, I do score a fair bit of corners. But you're right, we do create a lot of corners with this tactic.

The tactic is going from strength to strength atm, so I haven't touched V2 yet, still going with my minor tweaks. Made up with this team predicted to be bottom! Been using the team talks suggested as well, by the way.

Managed to get Mark Davies in on loan from Bolton, as I switched parent teams from Tranmere to them and they offered him out, so it'll be hopefully a good move.

This is very encouraging stuff Bubsa, keep it up.

hmm,when using this tactic, can u use a AM midfielder like i signed to my reading krivets and some other attacking midfielders,do they work or should i sell and try to get dm / m players?

So long as they can play CM they should be fine - provided they have the right stats. As Tyler has said and having experienced it myself now, I'd say those stats would be a high rating of passing, workrate, stamina, strength (especially) and probably tackling/positioning, but not as much.

ok,thnx..

changing to this tactic with my reading

4 games in so far

Swansea home 0-0 ( where dominating,should have won )

Norwich away 1-1 ( damn lucky to draw,late equaliser )

QPR home 2-0 win ( could have scored more,looked good )

Wolves home 1-0 win (looked good,dominated posession )

Think the squad needed some games to get in to the team,guess it will get even better when my team geels,since i signed a ******** of players lol

ok,thnx..

changing to this tactic with my reading

4 games in so far

Swansea home 0-0 ( where dominating,should have won )

Norwich away 1-1 ( damn lucky to draw,late equaliser )

QPR home 2-0 win ( could have scored more,looked good )

Wolves home 1-0 win (looked good,dominated posession )

Think the squad needed some games to get in to the team,guess it will get even better when my team geels,since i signed a ******** of players lol

Yes when the team gets used to the tactic, it gets better all the time.

Im playing as Rochdale in the english prem i used sexy football tactic to get there, but that tactic got a bit stale finishing at the best 8th i started using this tactic now im first with an eighteen match unbeaten run i use Oi's and allways attend pre match press conf thx tyler

Now, bare in mind that Northwich are in a league above:

vauxhallnorthwichfd3.jpg

vauxhallnorthwich2gp8.jpg

I can safely say WooT on this one! \o/

Also through to the Conference League Cup Final with a penalties win over Histon. Never should have got to pens, 2 of their goals were clear offsides.

Played 2 away games against Leicester and chesterfield next. Wasn't expecting much from the leicester game and went 2-0 down just before halftime, DJ Campbell scoring both after my new CB just let him run through unchallenged twice to smash it in the net. Played better in the second half and made a couple of subs. I was tempted to tweak things but I left it and scored late on to make it 2-1. Just left the settings as they were for the Chesterfield game and finished up 2-2 with us dominating but conceding a couple of goals from bad defending again.

I'm really tempted to lower the defenders mentalities a couple of notches from the rest of the team but will wait till my team gels properly first as the rest of you are having good results.

Great tactic Tyler - played 10 games with version 1 of this tactic w6 d2 l2 with spurs. Got hammered by Chelsea at home - 3-0 down at half time, mainly by drogba playing as a solo striker. Man marked him in the the second half with a CB which worked a treat so i've continued this with success against other teams playing with one up. Something else to note - playing poorly at home against Man U - ramped up mentality, tempo, width & defensive line and had them on the ropes for the rest of the match (but still couldn't score). Have you got any tips for scoring late goals?

What tweaks have been made for version 2, and why do they improve the tactic?

Basically almost everything has been moved a notch to the left in the tactics screen. It makes for a tighter tactic for smaller teams. May be useful for away matches.

Using v.2 of the tactic and I've been "mildly" :p impressed with the early results. Enough so as to break out of lurker mode and make my first post. :) I'm playing as Sheffield FC, I used the editor to promote them and rivals Hallam into the Blue Square North, and have won my first two friendlies by scores of 5-0 and 8-0. We were listed as heavy underdogs for both matches, so this has been quite the eye opener. Looking forward to how things play out when league play begins.

Well, I simply cannot believe what is happening.

I started using this tactic half way through my first season with Cardiff. We were in 7th. It took us up to 2nd. Promotion. Yippee! Playing great football, conceding hardly any, scoring 2-3 in most games. Joy!

So, I'm up, I've improved my staff. My GK, 1 new CB, two new strikers, Obafemi Martins and Daniel Sturridge. I'm loving those signings. I can't wait to get the season started.

And...here it is...so far...

Played: 10 Won: 0 Drawn: 4 Lost: 6 For: 3 Against: 15

I didn't expect it to be easy but...come on...I am getting totally out played in every game. Typically the opposition will have something like 15/7 (shots/on target) and I may get 3/1.

It's getting beyond a joke. I would expect it against the big teams but I've played Reading, Swansea and West Brom, Bolton and Hull. The net gain was two home draws (both 1-1).

This is killing me. Somebody please tell me that this happened to them and then the team came good. Please...

it does not look good any more for me too. Opponent keeps the possession and i can barely create a good chance other than long shots and set pieces. Had to abandon this tactic to start getting the results again. Doing great half season and suddenly a huge free fall...

That's it. I can't go on anymore. Amazingly I was still in touch at the bottom. Two home games in a row. Against Sunderland (14th) and Wigan (19th). Come on! I can do it! I can get out of the bottom three! I can take the lead! In both games! I can then lose to Sunderland! And draw with Wigan! I can then turn the f******* computer off!

Well after a season in the Italian champions Internazionale was, lost in the 4th to ucl barcelona and the semi-final to Italy's Udinese in the cup please comment my performance much.

Results:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_T1qempgDDXg/Sa...9%20024429.jpg

Table:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_T1qempgDDXg/Sa...9%20024332.jpg

Tyler, please let me take a course in 1st season with Internazionale I used only the V1 advises you to use the v2? relay tactics mainly in the two games away from home in phases kills kills, as you can see in the picture I have lost to Barcelona and to Udinese. help me please I'm starting the second season

Well after a season in the Italian champions Internazionale was, lost in the 4th to ucl barcelona and the semi-final to Italy's Udinese in the cup please comment my performance much.

Results:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_T1qempgDDXg/Sa...9%20024429.jpg

Table:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_T1qempgDDXg/Sa...9%20024332.jpg

Tyler, please let me take a course in 1st season with Internazionale I used only the V1 advises you to use the v2? relay tactics mainly in the two games away from home in phases kills kills, as you can see in the picture I have lost to Barcelona and to Udinese. help me please I'm starting the second season

The links don't work vando. Try http://photobucket.com/

Good to hear from a Brazilian.