** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

Amazing so far. First two games doing well. I am liverpool and against Atletico Madrid for champions league 3rd round 3-0 away win. Second game at home against everton 4-0 victory and still with rather strange team as many players are injured or on international duty. Hope it lasts.. Only torres as the left attacker (arrow down) does not seem to play well (vagner love is right side).

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say I disagree- I think they have got the injuries spot on in this version of the patch. Take Tottenham as an example, at one point more than half of our first team was injured, whereas in 9.0.0-.0.2 it was like injuries were practically non-existent.

i am with liverpool having already beaten west ham everton atletico madrid (twice) hull and aston villa. Only got balotelli, vagner love, santon. Doing well home and away. Only problem is injuries though it does not have to do with the tactic i guess. Are you loosing when away? Strange.

ok so i managed to get colchester promoted to the prem with this my record was p26 w14 d8 l4 so not exactly outstanding but if you saw the strength of my team you'd be amazed im going to stick with this for at least half a season in the prem fingers crossed im aiming for 17th with the players i have wish me luck!!!!!

draw against stoke away in a game i dominated but couldnt score and 1-0 victory at home against arsenal in a strange game with lots of shots from both teams and an own goal at the end. Man utd and Chelsea are amazing with too many goals while arsenal totenham and man city draw most games. does not look possible to win the league first season unless you are man utd or chelsea. they dont seem to lose....

Happy to say that, thus far, this tactic appears to be lower league compatible.

Started a game with Vauxhall Motors, Blue Square Conference North, predicted to come 22nd (out of 22). Here is the result so far:

tabler.th.jpg

resultss.th.jpg

I was particularly impressed with the Tranmere game, given that I was given odds of 25/1 to win, and they're a reasonably high League 1 club. The match stats are even more impressive:

tranmere.th.jpg

Probably could have won the game!

All this was done with the original squad as well, since then I've added a couple of kids from the trial games and big Darren Barnard, who you may remember was the Barnsley left back in their glory days. Hoping his set pieces can pinch a few goals.

Top stuff for Vauxhall thus far, mate. Good work on the tactic!

(And yes, before anyone asks, the manager's name is Zinedine Zidane, picture, D.o.b, everything. The fun of it all)

Edit: I should add that the Welling game was with back ups and the Gainsborough game should have been a win: keeper cleared the ball, hit a defender, striker left with an open goal to equalise. Ah well!

would you guys recommend this tactic for a world class team like manchester united or real madrid ? it looks pretty defensive so maybe a team with great players cannot reach full potential. I know it works fine with teams like man city, aston villa and is great for first season for liverpool (liverpool cannot get top players in first season due to lack of funds and has mediocre players in some positions) as i tried. But what with some of the best players coming to your team? Any suggestions? I am thinking of taking real madrid and i am looking for a good lots-of-goals tactic...

From my (limited) experience, I wouldn't call this tactic defensive, to be honest. I see a lot of possession, which will always create chances with good players. Whenever we lose the ball, we seem to be on top of the opposition and get it back quickly, to attack again.

With that in mind, with more powerful teams or against weaker opposition, you might want to put tempo down a bit to truly dominate a team.

I'm currently experimenting with dropping tempo with Vauxhall, but for different reasons. To put it simply, my part-timers aren't cut out for a quick game! :p

Happy to say that, thus far, this tactic appears to be lower league compatible.

Started a game with Vauxhall Motors, Blue Square Conference North, predicted to come 22nd (out of 22). Here is the result so far:

I was particularly impressed with the Tranmere game, given that I was given odds of 25/1 to win, and they're a reasonably high League 1 club. The match stats are even more impressive:

Probably could have won the game!

All this was done with the original squad as well, since then I've added a couple of kids from the trial games and big Darren Barnard, who you may remember was the Barnsley left back in their glory days. Hoping his set pieces can pinch a few goals.

Top stuff for Vauxhall thus far, mate. Good work on the tactic!

(And yes, before anyone asks, the manager's name is Zinedine Zidane, picture, D.o.b, everything. The fun of it all)

Edit: I should add that the Welling game was with back ups and the Gainsborough game should have been a win: keeper cleared the ball, hit a defender, striker left with an open goal to equalise. Ah well!

Great feedback Bubsa, keep us informed of how you're season goes.

The tactic is awful for my spurs side in the first season. Against Wigan it was a boring 0-0 draw, 9 shots only 2 on target, 14% crosses completed, and only 48% possession, guess i'll have to find another tactic :thdn:

Great feedback Bubsa, keep us informed of how you're season goes.

My pleasure!

Just been continuing with it, coming into November now:

tablepb4.th.jpg

resultslb6.th.jpg

Chuffed to bits with my FA Cup run - Eastbourne Boro are in the division above and it was an even game which we just shaved.

I've only made 1 major tweak to your tactic, Tyler (well, 2, technically, but I see them as linked). I've lowered the tempo down to about 9 notches and upped the passing by 2 notches (might even be 1, but still below halfway). This is purely down to the quality of my squad: They're not too cut out for an up tempo game and intricate passing, so I gave them a bit more time to get their breath back. Ideally, I think I'd keep the same settings as you and, in time, the squad may be fit enough to do so.

The only other tweaks I made were very minor: I changed my left mids corner settings to stay back, as my left back takes corners, and I also changed my keeper's distribution to defender collect, as his kicking is a whalloping 1/20, and it also seems to fit the slower tempo.

To the chap on about mentalities: I firmly believe a global mentality is the way forward. You shouldn't have to worry about your defenders riding into the alamo so long as their other settings (freedom, RWB, fwd runs) are small.

As some sort of proof for this tactic not to be branded as 'defensive', so far, I have this record:

statssu3.jpg

Which is pretty nice reading.

Thoroughly enjoying this save and this game again as a whole, which I put down to patch 9.3 and this tactic, Tyler. Thanks again!

My pleasure!

Just been continuing with it, coming into November now:

Chuffed to bits with my FA Cup run - Eastbourne Boro are in the division above and it was an even game which we just shaved.

I've only made 1 major tweak to your tactic, Tyler (well, 2, technically, but I see them as linked). I've lowered the tempo down to about 9 notches and upped the passing by 2 notches (might even be 1, but still below halfway). This is purely down to the quality of my squad: They're not too cut out for an up tempo game and intricate passing, so I gave them a bit more time to get their breath back. Ideally, I think I'd keep the same settings as you and, in time, the squad may be fit enough to do so.

The only other tweaks I made were very minor: I changed my left mids corner settings to stay back, as my left back takes corners, and I also changed my keeper's distribution to defender collect, as his kicking is a whalloping 1/20, and it also seems to fit the slower tempo.

To the chap on about mentalities: I firmly believe a global mentality is the way forward. You shouldn't have to worry about your defenders riding into the alamo so long as their other settings (freedom, RWB, fwd runs) are small.

As some sort of proof for this tactic not to be branded as 'defensive', so far, I have this record:

Which is pretty nice reading.

Thoroughly enjoying this save and this game again as a whole, which I put down to patch 9.3 and this tactic, Tyler. Thanks again!

Great feedback. Good stuff Bubsa, hope the good run continues. Interesting about the changes you've made. Might need to take them on board for my new team as they are really bad. I agree about global too. I'll give an update later about my Dunfermline game.

i took over hibs after starting off with gateshead and gaining promotion and winning the conference cup that was on 9.2 and was useing the SEXY FOOTBALL tactics but i wanted a new challenge so along came hibs

after taking over at easter road to towards the end of 09/10 season i found myself with alot of players that weren't upto the job this also refected in the performances as i was stuck in a relegation dog fight

i managed to weather the storm and finished the season 7th

i played 9 league games with the tactics i've been using previosly but it just won't working for me i only managed to keep 1 clean sheet in that time with the worst game a 5-1 defeat to celtic when i was just nowhere in th game at all they had 27 shots to my 9 only one of them where on target to.

so i come across this tactic and tbh i won't expecting it to be much but to my surprise and joy i'm currently on a 5 match unbeaten run

dundee utd 3-0 H

St Mirren 2-0 A

St Johnsone 4-3 A this was the a great result cos i was 2-0 down then 3-1 down and came back superbly

Dundee utd 4-0 A League Cup QF

Kilmarnock 3-0 H

as you can see i've keept 4 clean sheets and tbf the opp hasn't really had a chance i've dominated every game

i hope this info helps people to try this tactic cos it really is a great one thanks for sharing tyler great work.

^^ Along with what Mr Hough was saying, I've yet to come across a match where we haven't been in it or have been outplayed, which I think is the most pleasing thing about this tactic.

No doubt that's down to your idea of closing down, no fwd runs etc., Tyler. Always seem to be competing at every part of the pitch.

Dunfermline Update:

Transfers:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/tylerbode/tyler10.jpg

SPL 12 Games:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/tylerbode/tyler11.jpg

Watch this in extended highlights, great football:

http://files.filefront.com/Dunfermline+v+Queen+of+Sthpkm/;13399235;/fileinfo.html

My old teams have destroyed me away from home. Finishing 4th would be a major achievement I think. I bought a lot of very young Scandinavians, who seem to be getting better each month. I also had to tweak the tactic slightly and it seems to be even better. If anyone wants to give it a try, here it is.

Tylerbode 9.0.3 Version 2:

http://files.filefront.com/tylerbode903ver2tac/;13399400;/fileinfo.html

Great tactic, have been using with Villarreal, and finsihed 3rd in the first season. However, it seems to be quite bad against strong teams away from home. Playing Real and Barca away they both had 20+ total shots to my <5. Most of the shots were long, credit for that, and I only lost to them 1-0 and 2-0 respectively, but did not create anything offensively. In the CL, after a first leg that I won 2-0, I got walloped by Liverpool at Anfield 5-0 (Gerrard 4 goals), them playing a 4-2-3-1, with 2 DMs and 3 AMs, striker offset to the left.

What tweaks would you recommend against these teams away from home? In retrospect, I should have moved the MCs to DMs and dropped the creative striker to an AM position in order to nurse that 2-0 against Liverpool, but I felt confident, since I outplayed them at home.

EDIT: with Wes' post I noticed the V2, is that to combat this?

Dunfermline Update:

My old teams have destroyed me away from home. Finishing 4th would be a major achievement I think. I bought a lot of very young Scandinavians, who seem to be getting better each month. I also had to tweak the tactic slightly and it seems to be even better. If anyone wants to give it a try, here it is.

Tylerbode 9.0.3 Version 2:

http://files.filefront.com/tylerbode903ver2tac/;13399400;/fileinfo.html

Is this an away tactic or a more compete/better version of V1?

Great tactic, have been using with Villarreal, and finsihed 3rd in the first season. However, it seems to be quite bad against strong teams away from home. Playing Real and Barca away they both had 20+ total shots to my <5. Most of the shots were long, credit for that, and I only lost to them 1-0 and 2-0 respectively, but did not create anything offensively. In the CL, after a first leg that I won 2-0, I got walloped by Liverpool at Anfield 5-0 (Gerrard 4 goals), them playing a 4-2-3-1, with 2 DMs and 3 AMs, striker offset to the left.

What tweaks would you recommend against these teams away from home? In retrospect, I should have moved the MCs to DMs and dropped the creative striker to an AM position in order to nurse that 2-0 against Liverpool, but I felt confident, since I outplayed them at home.

EDIT: with Wes' post I noticed the V2, is that to combat this?

Is this an away tactic or a more compete/better version of V1?

Thanks for the good feedback Sergiu21. To answer both you and Wes, yes the v2 is I believe a better all round, more complete tactic. Its tighter and keeps better possession while still creating lots of chances. Thus it should improve away performances. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

stars.jpg

Awesome tactic, Was predicted to finish 9th had 0 money and over my wage budget, so had to trim the squad was close but moyola park had a shocking last 4 games.

Tried V2 for one game but dundela had too many shots so i opted to stick with V1 in which i normally matched teams but sometimes dominated a vastly inferior squad and some good cup runs, didn't want to risk V2 as my squad was used to v1. Not sure wether to change or not now.

Great Work!!

Awesome tactic, Was predicted to finish 9th had 0 money and over my wage budget, so had to trim the squad was close but moyola park had a shocking last 4 games.

Tried V2 for one game but dundela had too many shots so i opted to stick with V1 in which i normally matched teams but sometimes dominated a vastly inferior squad and some good cup runs, didn't want to risk V2 as my squad was used to v1. Not sure wether to change or not now.

Great Work!!

Cheers for that Wes. You did well there. Keep us informed of you're progress.

Great Tactic Tyler just beat United 4-2 with this...althought i lost 2-0 to both celtic and bayern in the champions league this tactic is doing great for me in the league im currently top with Liverpool..So thanks champ :D

"edit" Forgot to add i have scored some great last minute goals with this as well :D

Great Tactic Tyler just beat United 4-2 with this...althought i lost 2-0 to both celtic and bayern in the champions league this tactic is doing great for me in the league im currently top with Liverpool..So thanks champ :D

"edit" Forgot to add i have scored some great last minute goals with this as well :D

Stick with it magic32, hope you win the League.