Local Team

My local team at the moment is Great Yarmouth Town, who reside in the 9th or 10th tier of the English League pyramid. They are one league below being in the game as an FA Cup team, and definately not playable. So, for my first FM game I decided to take another playable Norfolk team from the whole 2 that are available... Norwich and King's Lynn.

I took King's Lynn(I prefer the BSN challenge) even though they are on the opposite side of Norfolk to me and by no means "local". It's the best I could do.

i normaly just start unemployed with a lot of leagues and a small database and see where i end up, Try to gain enough rep to get the local job and then move to the big time.

Speaking off all these teams, any one ever developed a soft spot for a team they dont support in real life becasue of fm?

Speaking off all these teams, any one ever developed a soft spot for a team they dont support in real life becasue of fm?

Yes. In CM4 I swept the boards in Scotland with Falkirk, in 4 seasons (starting in the 1st division) we won the Scottish Cup 3 times, the League cup once and the SPL once. So I definitely have a soft spot for Falkirk, because I won so many trophies in such a short career and because I put the old firm in their place. :)

I'm now East Fife in FM09 and I look out for their results IRL, so I have a soft spot for Eat Fife, too.

The nearest club to me that is in the game is Portsmouth, but I prefer managing in the lower leagues so I tend to go elsewhere.

The really local non league clubs near me are in level 9 of the football league pyramid (3 below the BSN/S) so I can't see me getting a chance to manage any of them any time soon.

I suppose my most local team is Formby, but they're about four or five tiers below what's playable on the game. After that, it's Southport, who are playable. But I've never attempted to manage them. The closest team to me geographically that I've ever managed is Manchester United.

My closest team is Haverhill rovers but they are in such a low league, but i manage Braintree and it only takes like 30 min to get there form where i am, and about the same with Cambridge, but i started unemployed in the game and Braintree offered me a contract, and now it's got to be the most enjoyable game i've ever done. I tried starting one with a big team but goes really bored after buying one big player.

Archived