Official Lost Season 5 Thread *airs in the US on Wednesdays @ 9PM EST (Thur 2AM GMT)*

LokedOut420

About the title of first episode:

With relation to the title of the first episode, it's not a typo and is believed to refer to a particular character. Speculation is that it refers to flocke.

Who is

flocke

:confused:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lindelof apparently ok'd everything in the poster as he knew fans would pick it to pieces for 'clues'.

Don't think it's that badly designed, it's fairly simple, they look to be 'pictures' though and not photos so look a little odd. Not sure what past posters looked like

I get really frustrated reading the Lostpedia forums. So many assumptions being made. For example regarding Jacob and his nemesis. We've seen one short clip of them talking in the intro to the Incident and so much has been read into it. For all we know there could be no nemesis, the bloke in the intro could just be the smoke monster taking on human form. And did the same thing with Locke. We really don't know anything.

Also I hope that Jacob isn't some demi god with supernatural powers. I hope he's just a normal bloke (with eternal life :D ). I reckon the whole visiting the Losties before the came to the island and touching them will be explained the same way Richard was able to visit Locke as a child. The Losties are in the 70's still, as far as we know. Jacob could easily find out where the've come from and visit them off island.

Richard visited Locke as a child because Locke told him to, no?

Exactly. I'm hoping Jacob visited the Losties, because the Losties told him too or he found out about them from Richard in the 70's and plans on meeting them and touching them in the real world. Not because he's omnipitant and magical.

Same reason Jacob ok'd the building of a runway which was being built in season 3 by the others. Jacob knows the Losties in the 70's, they tell him they came on AJIRA flight 316 in 2008, so Jacob gets the runway built in time so they can land. I hope it's not all because he can see into the future or whatever.

Edit:

This is based on spoilers I read that hinted the Losties are still in the 70's, thought tbh as far as we know they are still in the 70's anyway and have no reason to suspect otherwise

I get really frustrated reading the Lostpedia forums. So many assumptions being made. For example regarding Jacob and his nemesis. We've seen one short clip of them talking in the intro to the Incident and so much has been read into it. For all we know there could be no nemesis, the bloke in the intro could just be the smoke monster taking on human form. And did the same thing with Locke. We really don't know anything.

I think it's reasonably safe to assume the 'new bloke' is a nemesis from him talking about wanting to kill Jacob and finding a loophole in that early conversation and then him talking about what he'd been through to find this loophole when he confronted him at the end as Fake Locke.

I expect the next episode will start from the exact point it left off, this bomb going off or whatever happened.

I really hope this starts mid-Jan and I can get a couple of episodes in while I am in England

I am looking forward to finding out more about Richard's back story and where the hell Claire is!

Also, when they come out from the statue and Ben is like "OMG, that's not even the real Locke and I like, so just killed Jacob" and also what the hell is going on with these 'shadow of the statue' people

It's it now down for an early Feb start?

Don't jest with me! :D

I have been reading that Lindelof said they haven't given him the start date either, he's currently shooting the 8th episode and that if they want to finish it in May (apparently) it can't start too much later than mid-Jan .. hope so :thup:

Last year is right at the end of Jan IIRC

Just seeing her would be nice! I don't want anymore of her back story, finding out what she was doing last season would be handy though, can't just ignore that. They must do something about that, she's not been sitting in the cabin with Christian as we've seen him out of the cabin (talking with Locke) and Ilyana's lot burnt it down. Is she wandering the jungle again?

I know they're going to leave this alone even though they said they would explain it but I really, really wanted to find out more about Henry Gale :/

I have a question about season 5, which I'm sure has already been asked before, but hopefully someone will be kind enough to explain it again.

I've put it in spoilers just incase someone hasn't seen season 5.

Why did Ben stop Locke commiting sucide, only to kill him minutes later? Why not just allow him to hang himself? Was it because Locke gave away the women's name which was the only reason Ben was keeping him alive?

The episode was Dead is Dead iirc. Watching series 5 again knowing what we do at the end is interesting with regards to a certain someone.

Certain someone

John Locke AKA Flocke.

By the way since season 5 is over, is discussing events in season 5 ok?

I know, probably no need.

I'd say when you watch season 5 again and look at Locke's situation there are clues in there regarding Locke being 'dead'. Ben saying 'dead is dead' and Richard also looking amazed to see Locke and saying something like 'I've seen a lot of things here but I have never seen someone come back to life'.

We've still not seen who shot at Juliet and Sawyer in the canoe that time they were skipping have we? Wonder if we'll see that

I think it was a throwaway line, like when Sawyer and Juliet were captured by the stream, think it was the Hydrogen Bomb one. The Others said that Sawyer shouted out 'meet by the stream' so they knew were they were, he quipped something about organising things with flaming arrows flying at them. Although saying that, they did hold them at gunpoint :D

Sure Sawyer mentioned it then. Maybe flaming arrows as easier to attack from distance

Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're tryin' to be so quiet?

We sit here stranded, though we're all doin' our best to deny it

And Louise holds a handful of rain, temptin' you to defy it

Lights flicker from the opposite loft

In this room the heat pipes just cough

The country music station plays soft

But there's nothing, really nothing to turn off

Just Louise and her lover so entwined

And these visions of Johanna that conquer my mind

In the empty lot where the ladies play blindman's bluff with the key chain

And the all-night girls they whisper of escapades out on the "D" train

We can hear the night watchman click his flashlight

Ask himself if it's him or them that's really insane

Louise, she's all right, she's just near

She's delicate and seems like the mirror

But she just makes it all too concise and too clear

That Johanna's not here

The ghost of 'lectricity howls in the bones of her face

Where these visions of Johanna have now taken my place

Now, little boy lost, he takes himself so seriously

He brags of his misery, he likes to live dangerously

And when bringing her name up

He speaks of a farewell kiss to me

He's sure got a lotta gall to be so useless and all

Muttering small talk at the wall while I'm in the hall

How can I explain?

Oh, it's so hard to get on

And these visions of Johanna, they kept me up past the dawn

Inside the museums, Infinity goes up on trial

Voices echo this is what salvation must be like after a while

But Mona Lisa musta had the highway blues

You can tell by the way she smiles

See the primitive wallflower freeze

When the jelly-faced women all sneeze

Hear the one with the mustache say, "Jeeze

I can't find my knees"

Oh, jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule

But these visions of Johanna, they make it all seem so cruel

The peddler now speaks to the countess who's pretending to care for him

Sayin', "Name me someone that's not a parasite and I'll go out and say a prayer for him"

But like Louise always says

"Ya can't look at much, can ya man?"

As she, herself, prepares for him

And Madonna, she still has not showed

We see this empty cage now corrode

Where her cape of the stage once had flowed

The fiddler, he now steps to the road

He writes ev'rything's been returned which was owed

On the back of the fish truck that loads

While my conscience explodes

The harmonicas play the skeleton keys and the rain

And these visions of Johanna are now all that remain

-----------------

Apparently this song has hints towards S6's vibe. I am a Dylan fan, quite easy to see some parralels

I'm a huge Bob fan, and I read the same thing. Whenever I listen to Senor off the Street Legal album I always think of Lost. Mainly due to the line:

Well, the last thing I remember before I stripped and kneeled

Was that trainload of fools bogged down in a magnetic field

But tbh I've listened to VofJ about a million times and can't see any real Lost connection :D I think the lyrics are pretty wacky and out there. Really random. And is probably the worst song to try and analyse and work out. They are probably just messing with Lost fans tbh :D

But tbh I've listened to VofJ about a million times and can't see any real Lost connection :D I think the lyrics are pretty wacky and out there. Really random. And is probably the worst song to try and analyse and work out. They are probably just messing with Lost fans tbh :D

I think Lindelof was asked what song would sum up Lost and he named this as 'having some of the themes of the new series' or something along those lines

I don't like the idea of a reset either, could be that the plane will land but they will be aware of what they have been through but that would lead to a 'we need to go back' version 2.0.

I think the fact Jack seemed to think this will happen means it won't happen or it won't happen as people think it will, if it did it would remove Sun, Frank, etc from the 'other' time line with fake Locke in it, would also mean Locke isn't dead and so many other things so kind of negates that whole finale in the last series a bit.

Archived