FM Genie scout

bobafett

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you get a loading data error, please send me dump files through the Bug Report. I will fix them and release the RC2 version next week.

Only reason I wont donate before people start is because other programs being made are being given out for free by other users of this site which are doing the exact same things. I do have respect for Genie for creating the scout. I won't be donating and Im sure a large percentage of users wont donate and either just use a cracked donated version OR FMRTE or something similar that shows CA/PA.

Waste of time Genie.

Pathetic.

I think "sale value" is a very important tool, but it has not been implemented into any editors that I know of so far. (Or it has been implemented poorly and has been useless as a consequence)

Will the full version address this? Or is it hard to find the correct parameters for "sale value"?

List index out of bounds when loading it up (318767143)

When selecting a saved game to load, 'Access violation at address 00405E32 in module 'FMGenieScout.exe' Write of address 00000004'

I also sent a dump file that it had generated.

Thanks

I also get the same problem :(

Only reason I wont donate before people start is because other programs being made are being given out for free by other users of this site which are doing the exact same things. I do have respect for Genie for creating the scout. I won't be donating and Im sure a large percentage of users wont donate and either just use a cracked donated version OR FMRTE or something similar that shows CA/PA.

Waste of time Genie.

Pathetic.

Seriously... Other Scouts don't even come close. But I admit that I only use a scouting tool to search the PA en CA of a player. Now I won't donate or pay for a program if i already donated something for another program that does what I want. (FMRTE)

If it is possible to display the nickname of a player that I have set through the 'set nickname' option in the game, then I'll gladly pay more than 10$ for it. I know it must be possible cause FMM could do it.

If it is possible to display the nickname of a player that I have set through the 'set nickname' option in the game, then I'll gladly pay more than 10$ for it. I know it must be possible cause FMM could do it.

Please post a request on my forum and I'll implement it in the one of the next version

Nicely done Genie, good work once again. I will only take issue with one thing. I have no issue at all with asking for money for your service at all. Hey, if I knew how to code, then maybe I would create it for myself, but you have no obligation to anyone here or at SI. That being said I probably will not be donating for one reason only.

We do not accept email accounts from free email services such as hotmail.com, yahoo.com, etc

I don't even remember my freaking ISP mail account name let alone the password ect. I have used my "free email service" for probably 8 years, and plan on continuing to only use it.

I appologize for this, but best of luck to you.

Please post a request on my forum and I'll implement it in the one of the next version

Nice to see you reply to me!

Why do you have to make a donation to see CA/PA? Especially when there are other programs that do that aswell? Serious question here. Why cant you answer?

Nice to see you reply to me!

Why do you have to make a donation to see CA/PA? Especially when there are other programs that do that aswell? Serious question here. Why cant you answer?

Look if you dont like the program then dont use it. If you do use it, then stop whinging about it. No-one is putting a gun to your head and making you pay money. If the idea of making a donation to thank someone else for their hard work disgusts you so much then dont do it. Id rather leave a brilliant piece of software like this to those with some sense of grattitude.

Look if you dont like the program then dont use it. If you do use it, then stop whinging about it. No-one is putting a gun to your head and making you pay money. If the idea of making a donation to thank someone else for their hard work disgusts you so much then dont do it. Id rather leave a brilliant piece of software like this to those with some sense of grattitude.

Couldn't agree more.

I've been enjoying genie for a long time now and will pay for the full version happily.

I hope he makes a fortune he deserves it. Still the best scouting program around by a mile.

Couldn't agree more.

I've been enjoying genie for a long time now and will pay for the full version happily.

I hope he makes a fortune he deserves it. Still the best scouting program around by a mile.

Get off your high horses. I only wanted an answer to a serious question, he chose to ignore that. Excellent Customer Service Genie!

I think you have to use the donate option in the program itself in order to activate the full version.

Thanks. I dont have internet rights on my laptop so I will try again when I get home (I've not been playing fm at work, honest...). Does it still require an email address? I may need to use my work email eek!

In previous versions I've used potential rating and current rating rather then potential ability and current ability.

Does the free version still give you this or do you need to pay up for pot rating / current rating ?? (I can't test it right now as im at work).

What a moron for charging money for a program he got the original source code for free. And not to mention that this is simply an unofficial utility program for a computer game. And there are others out there for free. There's nothing wrong in asking for voluntary donations, but this is just incredibly stupid behavior. All my respect for Genie has gone down the drain.

In previous versions I've used potential rating and current rating rather then potential ability and current ability.

Does the free version still give you this or do you need to pay up for pot rating / current rating ?? (I can't test it right now as im at work).

yes it does.

The program still needs some fixes.

For example the regen button doesn't work perfectly. i get non regen players in the results

Is there a hacked one available yet?

No, I think not. But I don't think it will be a long time until someone has, I think it has something to do with the registry and/or with the ratings.dat and layout.dat files. I don't have the knowledge to edit them, but I'm pretty sure Genie will send a registry key file which adds/changes things in the registry. You just have to figure out what.

I'm trying to load the application (On a Mac using the Darwine tool) and it comes up with a sharing violation message, but then loads the application.

So then I try and load a game and it comes up with another sharing violation message.

Any ideas what might cause this please?

Since this is not, obviously, a finished product and still contains fatal errors, why ask money for it? Usually beta software, as is the case, is supplied free, maybe with an expiration date or something.

I do know that we can use it and pay for it only if we want, nobody is forcing anyone onto anything but... charging money for beta software? Interesting concept.

well, no PA, CA and no Sale Value: no point in using it then for me.

just a question for the people who have donated: are the sale values actually correct?

cos that is the only problem i have with all the other scouts/editors out there at the moment.

let's hope Amster's miniscout solves that problem and it's much more useful anyway!

Boys but not paid, there are a lot of scouts around .... wait and see that these scouts will be improved.

Immuner Scout and FmAgent

bye

I love Genie Scout but I'm not paying for a scout app. it doesn't worth $10. No more than $5.

Immuner Scout or FmAgent works on Mac with Darwine? Which one is better?

Archived