is it just leeds?

i've often wondered about this myself.

for many years FM has adopted home office work permit regulations, but in reality clubs have no real issues getting them for players with work histories in other leagues ..

one or two high profile applications denied but otherwise, its more usual to see non EU's getting signed than not.

Unfortunately, does happen a lot in real life. Well, occasinally. Derby has agreed a deal to sign Yakubu a few months before he came to England but he was refused a work permit.

---------------

A powerful striker, Yakubu started his career at Israeli team Maccabi Haifa, where he won two championships and had a phenomenal scoring record, both in the domestic and international competitions - breaking several club records. He came to England and trained with Derby County but could not obtain a work permit at the time.

After scoring 7 goals in 8 European Cup appearances (including a hat-trick against Olympiakos and another against Manchester United) in the 2002/03 season UEFA Champions League, Yakubu moved to English club Portsmouth in January 2003.

--------------

Turns out Yakubu has his own website at Yakubu.co.uk.

How boring. Heh.

I gain work permit at League 1 with leeds of course, Neymar (16-pre-conatct--it comes at 18)

I played with leeds at Premiership,i tried to sing up 3 brazillians in 3season (they have transfered 1 season played in EU team)

work permit had denied to me and the players has transfered to BARCELONA,REAL,PORTO....

Vert very realistic game....WELL DONE.....if the players are not good....will not transfered to big teams....

It doesn't matter what club you're at they have to have played in 75% of there national teams games in the last year (or 2) or get through on exceptional quality. Same as it is irl.

So how did the youth full back twins Fabio and the other one at Man U get permits then?

It could be worse IRL New Zealand gave a Brazilian player called Daniel, a New Zealand passport last week after less than a year in the country, so he can play for the All Whites.

Its a joke, if your not good enough to play for your own country you shouldn't be allowed to then switch to a poorer nation to gain international football.

Also its very common for Brazilians/Argentinians to have Italian/Spanish/Portuegese passports.

I myself have 3!

Archived