How to make Mason Greenwood back to national team?

Hi. As a Man Utd fan I want to take Mason Greenwood back to Man Utd. So I make some modifications by the editor.

1) untick the 'Will leave at the end of contract' option

2) remove the 'doesn't want to play in premier league' item in career plan

3) remove him as the 'disliked people' for Man Utd

4) change the awful attributes such as controversey/professionalism to a normal level

After first reason playing for Getafe, I recall him back to Man Utd. He signed a new contract, scored many goals.

Everythin went fine, but there's no club show interesting for him ever and the Englan national team never call him up. Why is that? Did I missed something?

"As a Man Utd fan..."

Isn't it as something else haha?

But I can't think of anything in the database stopping selection to the national team except from his home reputation. If that is very low it's unlikely that he will be selected.

By changing so much it reminds me of those posts about classic databases where its like "I wanted George Best, so I put his natural fitness at 20 and his professionalism at 15" as though setting him up to be able to play at a top level until late 30's is realistic. At a certain point you don't really have a representation of that individual. Still we're all free to do as we please and if its that important to you to just get something called Mason Greenwood in the Man Utd team and in turn England team making changes until it happens will probably pay off in the end. 

The England manager could also have a dislike of the player in their settings whoever that may be, but there's a lot of reasons why a player may not get called up.

18 hours ago, Vänsterback said:

"As a Man Utd fan..."

Isn't it as something else haha?

But I can't think of anything in the database stopping selection to the national team except from his home reputation. If that is very low it's unlikely that he will be selected.

This is the answer. His reputation is set to 50% of maximum.

On 03/02/2024 at 07:34, giggsxbr said:

Everythin went fine, but there's no club show interesting for him ever and the Englan national team never call him up. Why is that? Did I missed something?

Maybe they heard the audio.

I suspect there is some hard-coded under-the-hood stuff going on.

I’ve not tried on the new update, so may have changed, but on my save, after his initial loan ended Getafe offered a loan again and it was automatically accepted with no way for me to cancel. Which means it is likely to be hard-coded.

Neglecting the off-the-field stuff, I feel it is a slippery slope for SI to get involved in the game in such a way. They are predicting the future and choosing a path for the save to go. Transfers, takeovers, sackings etc. are not put in until they are 100% confirmed and complete. So I don’t see why SI treat this differently. 

FM is a game and offers a multiverse of potential saves to the user. The manager should be able to decide how to manage their club as they please and not be forced to go down one path due to the thoughts and opinions of SI/social media ‘judge, jury and executor’ cancel culture.

(Note, this does not mean I condone Greenwood’s alleged behaviour - I could have wanted to cancel the loan to sell him or cancel his contract - but it is rather unprecedented that SI have interfered in the game in such a way. No one, not even SI, can predict the future)

9 分钟前, CAE82说:

I suspect there is some hard-coded under-the-hood stuff going on.

I’ve not tried on the new update, so may have changed, but on my save, after his initial loan ended Getafe offered a loan again and it was automatically accepted with no way for me to cancel. Which means it is likely to be hard-coded.

Neglecting the off-the-field stuff, I feel it is a slippery slope for SI to get involved in the game in such a way. They are predicting the future and choosing a path for the save to go. Transfers, takeovers, sackings etc. are not put in until they are 100% confirmed and complete. So I don’t see why SI treat this differently. 

FM is a game and offers a multiverse of potential saves to the user. The manager should be able to decide how to manage their club as they please and not be forced to go down one path due to the thoughts and opinions of SI/social media ‘judge, jury and executor’ cancel culture.

(Note, this does not mean I condone Greenwood’s alleged behaviour - I could have wanted to cancel the loan to sell him or cancel his contract - but it is rather unprecedented that SI have interfered in the game in such a way. No one, not even SI, can predict the future)

Yeah. About the offer that I can't reject after first reason, it happened to me too. So I added the recall clauses in the loan.

Maybe you are right. Something is hard-coded.

Edited by giggsxbr

1 hour ago, CAE82 said:

They are predicting the future

1 hour ago, CAE82 said:

No one, not even SI, can predict the future)

Yet for the sake of the game every year the researchers have to do this in their assessments of players. The whole concept of player ratings and potential is based upon a flawed human perception of what individual researchers feel the future could hold.

Just now, santy001 said:

Yet for the sake of the game every year the researchers have to do this in their assessments of players. The whole concept of player ratings and potential is based upon a flawed human perception of what individual researchers feel the future could hold.

There is a (massive) difference between the assessment of players and future transfers.

I can guess why SI have done it (no company wants to deal with a social media backlash) but as with all of these things, people lose perspective and the abilty to think logically and reasonably when confronted with an issue such as this as they are scared of the backlash.

My (worthless) opinion is that SI should have just stuck to the facts - Greenwood is on loan and will return to Utd at the end of the loan. At that point, who knows? So why hard-code it? Why not make Mbappe 'Frt' and then get him to sign for Madrid?

1 hour ago, giggsxbr said:

Yeah. About the offer that I can't reject after first reason, it happened to me too. So I added the recall clauses in the loan.

Maybe you are right. Something is hard-coded.

Probably best to screenshot all of his editor data and then make a completely new player in the database with the same data. I'd guess that any under-the-hood stuff is based on his UID so a new player will have a different UID.

To the best of my knowledge, it's not confirmed that there is anything hard coded to do with Mason Greenwood. The idea seems to have come about because someone who did use the editor to already change those things and have it so Mason Greenwood could return to Manchester United, is then upset that he's not in the England team. 

48 minutes ago, santy001 said:

it's not confirmed that there is anything hard coded to do with Mason Greenwood

SI don't confirm anything 'under-the-hood' so I don't see why they would do for this either.

Out of interest, I just went through all of my saves (including saves as Utd manager and saves as other teams) and Greenwood has always spent a 2nd season on loan at Getafe (despite the original loan ending in June 2024). Take that as you will. I'd be interested to see anyone to post a career history that shows otherwise.

Since my interest was piqued, I've run a holiday season with Getafe. I ended the season just before the end of the loan, didn't try and sign him and he did return to Utd. The results are interesting.

image.png.8b582f8ce335d847e852f336f73bc942.png

Once the season starts and the transfer window closes, he is shown as being 'unavailable' for selection. However, he does have a few sub appearances (ignore the injury - it's not long-term and doesn't explain his non-selection or unavailabilty).

For me this means that there is some under-the-hood stuff going on to prevent him from returning and playing for Utd (apart from some buggy behaviour seen above - the EPL is not in full detail and so I can't check the line-up in those games and he doesn't appear in any of the friendlies or Champions League games that do appear in Utd's schedule).

Again, I'd be happy for anyone to post anything that shows otherwise but as a CM/FM player for 30 years, software developer (numerical simulations), PhD in Engineering, Associate Prof. at a top UK University then I'm pretty sure that something non-standard is going on with regards to him. Enforcing this 'version of the multiverse' goes against what this kind of game should be.

(Note, once again, this is not me in any way condoning what he may or may not have done - I am simply stating that I do not like that fact that SI have seemingly hard-coded in some behaviour that affects the FM universe when it has not [yet] occurred in reality).

Since I was 'triggered' I deciced to investigate further.

• Run a holiday season with Getafe. Come back just before the end of the loan. Don't make an offer. Greenwood returns to Utd.
  • Retire the manager, Create a new manager in charge of Utd. Greenwood is available for selection and can play.

Based on the results my conclusion is:

• Start a game as Utd. He will automatically spend a 2nd season at Getafe and then leave on a free transfer. You cannot stop this.
  • Start a game at Getafe. He will spend a season at Getafe, then will go back to Utd (assumuning you do not sign him) and be unavailable for selection and not play.
  • Start at game at neither. He will spend a 2nd season on loan at Getafe and then leave on a free transfer.
  • Start at Getafe, play one season, let him return to Utd, then create a new manager to take over at Utd - he'll be able to play for Utd in the 2nd season but will then leave on a free-transfer.

Happy for anyone (including SI-sympathisers) to post evidence to the contrary.

He’s got ‘will leave at end of contract’ ticked so will always do that unless that’s removed via the editor.

Man Utd have said very clearly that he will never play for them again. So that happening in the game through whatever method is an accurate reflection of reality.

Edited by NineCloudNine

5 小时前, CAE82说:

Since I was 'triggered' I deciced to investigate further.

• Run a holiday season with Getafe. Come back just before the end of the loan. Don't make an offer. Greenwood returns to Utd.
  • Retire the manager, Create a new manager in charge of Utd. Greenwood is available for selection and can play.

Based on the results my conclusion is:

• Start a game as Utd. He will automatically spend a 2nd season at Getafe and then leave on a free transfer. You cannot stop this.
  • Start a game at Getafe. He will spend a season at Getafe, then will go back to Utd (assumuning you do not sign him) and be unavailable for selection and not play.
  • Start at game at neither. He will spend a 2nd season on loan at Getafe and then leave on a free transfer.
  • Start at Getafe, play one season, let him return to Utd, then create a new manager to take over at Utd - he'll be able to play for Utd in the 2nd season but will then leave on a free-transfer.

Happy for anyone (including SI-sympathisers) to post evidence to the contrary.

In my database, I've added the loan clauses that I can recall him back to ManUtd at anytime in the transfer window. I recalled him when the second summer transfer window begins. He did returned to ManUtd. Then I recieved a news in my inbox that Getafe has made a bid loaning him for the second season. And next news is this bid has been 'cancelled' automaticlly. The news itself is ambiguous. It didn't say why this bid is cancelled nor who cancelled it. I didn't have the chance to accept or reject it.

After some seasons, he scored many goals, becomed a world class player, but the national team has never pick him up.

I've checked the dislike people for England and the England national team manager, he is not in them.

But when I added myself as the England manager, I can see him as available and was able to pick him to the national team.

I tried to put him on the transfer list and recommend him to other team, no one shows intersting...

Edited by giggsxbr

8 hours ago, priority76 said:

What sort of team is he signing for after leaving on a free transfer?

Stuttgart, Atletico Madrid, Free Agent...

9 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

So that happening in the game through whatever method is an accurate reflection of reality.

I get that part (although as above, play as Getafe in the first season, then play as Utd in the second season and he can play for Utd again) .

But neither Utd or Getafe have confirmed that he'll spend next season on loan there too. It is the fake transfer that I think should not be there.

The fake transfer would probably have annoyed me a lot more if not for the behaviour of the Saudi clubs. Thanks to the fees they pay in the game, you get plenty of wiggle room budget-wise, but if that wasn't there I'd have been a bit miffed at being denied the chance of getting a fee for Greenwood, especially when that is quite obviously what Man United are looking to do. If one gets altered and not the other, it could be a bit of a problem.

15 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

He’s got ‘will leave at end of contract’ ticked so will always do that unless that’s removed via the editor.

Man Utd have said very clearly that he will never play for them again. So that happening in the game through whatever method is an accurate reflection of reality.

I'm nitpicking here, but the club have not said that. But then, they don't really need to say it, because anyone properly paying attention to the situation can plainly see that he won't play for the club again without some kind of seismic shift beyond the current state of play.

Edited by vrig

22 hours ago, CAE82 said:

It's not really unprecedented. Remember when SI fixed the game to throw up a news item where it was discovered the 2022 WC host selection was rigged and so it was being stripped from Qatar and moved elsewhere?

Or the whole Brexit thing.

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

It's not really unprecedented. Remember when SI fixed the game to throw up a news item where it was discovered the 2022 WC host selection was rigged and so it was being stripped from Qatar and moved elsewhere?

Or the whole Brexit thing.

If you want to make SI out to be political, that's fine, they have been on occasion. But there was never a news item about host selection being rigged, the WC used to be moved because of " 'club protests about tournament scheduling'. The reason it was always moved to the summer wasn't political either, it came down to nobody knowing what the schedule would look like. Once it became more clear, I think in FM19, the World Cup stopped moving from Qatar. 

• 2 months later...

Okay So I don't know if its different on the console version from pc but as you can see from the screenshot I've played a few seasons into a man utd save and it seems to be greenwood is hard coded to just be sent on loan to getafe instantly no matter what you do and for some reason he was given a new contract and i can't just set him for release or anything else 

17135504942983793966687037652777.jpg

17135505382571479340177035808623.jpg