[FM24 EDITOR][MOD] Customize Editor

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How to Change Background?

1. Go to  ...\editor\graphics\backgrounds, put the background you want and saved with the name default.png.

2. Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2024\Caches and delete editor.skc file.

3. Launch the Editor and have a new background.

I have a skin in the game that I like to have it in the editor. It is possible ?

1. Go to  ...\skins\editor and delete the graphics folder.

2. Open the file skin_config.xml and locate the following code: <flags id="parent" value="fm" />.

3. Open the file skin_config.xml of the skin you want and locate the code: <string id="skin_name" value=".............." />.

4. Copy the value=".............." /> over  value="fm" />, you must have <flags id="parent" value=".............." />.

5. Go to the settings folder of the skin you want and copy the settings file to the settings folder of the editor skin and rename it editor settings.

6. Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2024\Caches and delete editor.skc file.

7. Launch the Editor.

7 minutes ago, cleiria said:

If you find a problem, report it, as I did this on the fly, without testing all the files.

@Wolf_pd - Please move this to the proper forum when it is created.

Will do. Quick work, well done.

The person.xml file from the comp editor\format\database folder has two entries for sex. Currently we can only see male and no females. It might be that swapping these two would fix that (guess, not confirmed yet). I have to test this, but if it works, would be a good change for the mod.

image.png.68fa7abdaee451dcf54bf9ded4c42603.png

11 minutos atrás, Wolf_pd disse:

The person.xml file from the comp editor\format\database folder has two entries for sex. Currently we can only see male and no females. It might be that swapping these two would fix that (guess, not confirmed yet). I have to test this, but if it works, would be a good change for the mod.

image.png.68fa7abdaee451dcf54bf9ded4c42603.png

Will try it

19 minutes ago, cleiria said:

Ok for me

Capturadeecr2023-11-06220325.png.e55c17556fabc102790997c8885e051d.png

Okay, I've somehow had editor folder in editor folder. When moved inside folder to main folder, problem solved itself, thanks.

42 minutos atrás, Wolf_pd disse:

31 minutos atrás, cleiria disse:

Will try it

It works, will release after finish verify the files.

Capturadeecr2023-11-06223427.png.54ae5aaea5ff782cea90e5d33c030a7b.png

It is in Portuguese, it says female.

9 minutes ago, andresimoes8 said:

Would the same logic apply to players' gender being visible?

It is set at person level, so that's before you are even talking about player or non-player.

25 minutos atrás, andresimoes8 disse:

Would the same logic apply to players' gender being visible?

11 minutos atrás, Wolf_pd disse:

It is set at person level, so that's before you are even talking about player or non-player.

It is set at person level, but don't enable it in players.

I have an idea to enable it, but my effort is enabling the possibility to change short names in nations.

10 minutes ago, cleiria said:

It is set at person level, but don't enable it in players.

I have an idea to enable it, but my effort is enabling the possibility to change short names in nations.

When I am off work, I will check if I can see something in the player section. Hopefully I can help a bit more since I am much deeper in the XMLs these days.

No luck to find a way to change short names in nations.

But i have a workaround.

Put this in ...Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\lnc

nation.lnc

Edit it as you wish and after that launch the editor and have already the short name changed.

Tested in game and work.

If you want to share your editor file, you also have to share your edited nation.lnc.

Edited by cleiria

20 hours ago, cleiria said:

No luck to find a way to change short names in nations.

But i have a workaround.

Put this in ...Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\lnc

nation.lnc 572 B · 8 downloads

Edit it as you wish and after that launch the editor and have already the short name changed.

Tested in game and work.

If you want to share your editor file, you also have to share your edited nation.lnc.

This makes me very happy for the Iron Curtain. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

When scrolling through the files, I've noticed there's a field for capital city but it seemingly doesn't correspond with anything in the editor. Is there something preventing this from displaying (I had to correct it originally as it was formatted incorrectly)? For those of us who revive and change the dead nations, it would be very useful to be able to nominate a capital city.

The other thing I've noticed is that the currency name behaves the same way as the short nation name. In last year's version I was able to change the names and even add my own currencies which again was a very useful thing. This year though, whilst I can create new records, the names or any name changes to existing names don't exist.

Is this something your mod can help with or should I post this in bugs/the general editor forum?

Screenshot 2023-11-25 025204.png

Edited by xbenjaminx
Forgot to add screenshot

15 horas atrás, xbenjaminx disse:

When scrolling through the files, I've noticed there's a field for capital city but it seemingly doesn't correspond with anything in the editor. Is there something preventing this from displaying (I had to correct it originally as it was formatted incorrectly)? For those of us who revive and change the dead nations, it would be very useful to be able to nominate a capital city.

The other thing I've noticed is that the currency name behaves the same way as the short nation name. In last year's version I was able to change the names and even add my own currencies which again was a very useful thing. This year though, whilst I can create new records, the names or any name changes to existing names don't exist.

Is this something your mod can help with or should I post this in bugs/the general editor forum?

Screenshot 2023-11-25 025204.png

I will take a look ...

• 2 weeks later...
19 horas atrás, zangelmi disse:

Man, the editor update and I can use my comp editor file which has the option to change the continent, do u have this problem too?

No. The mod work as a skin, so the updates don't change anything in the mod. I like to check every time it has an update to see if there are some new features i can incorporate in the mod.

As it says in the OP:

This is a “base” skin, with all needed files of comp editor.fmf file, to the editor that allows to customize the editor... without editing the comp editor.fmf file.

Em 16/12/2023 em 19:19, Mr. S disse:

Hello friend, great job!

I would like to ask a question.
How can I increase the maximum number of groups in competitions to 32?

Try this:

Go to ...\format\rule group\advanced\group.xml

Change line 14  to:  <integer id="max_value" value="32" /> and save

Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2024\Caches and delete editor.skc file.

After this it should work.

19 horas atrás, cleiria disse:

Try this:

Go to ...\format\rule group\advanced\group.xml

Change line 14 to: <integer id="max_value" value="32" /> and save

Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2024\Caches and delete editor.skc file.

After this it should work.

Thank you very much! :applause:

5 horas atrás, giggsxbr disse:

Is it possible to edit some fmf file so I can modify some players' attributes or some kits colours, without starting a new save?

This is to pre game editor, so it only work before starting a save.

To do what you want you need In-Game Editor or other 3rd part editor (google can help you).

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Wigbolt said:

Great work! I love the option to add an U17 team. Is it possible to create more team types? I'd love to be able to add a III team. II teams are in the game, as are B and C teams, but not III teams.. Does someone know how to do this?

III teams are a team type that can be added via the pre game editor. Go to a(ny) club and check under reserves.

Not use if this is possible, but got me wondering (haven't try your file yet).

Instead of using normally the parent/child divisions (to make regional divisions), I use more basic style, I place all teams in the same division and set up groups to divide them (ex: 48 teams, divided in 2 groups of 24 teams)... anyway, the basic editor doesn't have a way to sort these teams (i figure is set by default: by reputation). The option shows up in Advanced editor. Is there a way to add for example by local region (don't remember the name, since currently not at home)? If this is possible, I can avoid going to advanced editor to do this.

Also can we extend for example championship and promotion or relegation playoffs? The limit is set on 20. if possible what is the maximum limit?

Edited by grade

1 hora atrás, grade disse:

Not use if this is possible, but got me wondering (haven't try your file yet).

Instead of using normally the parent/child divisions (to make regional divisions), I use more basic style, I place all teams in the same division and set up groups to divide them (ex: 48 teams, divided in 2 groups of 24 teams)... anyway, the basic editor doesn't have a way to sort these teams (i figure is set by default: by reputation). The option shows up in Advanced editor. Is there a way to add for example by local region (don't remember the name, since currently not at home)? If this is possible, I can avoid going to advanced editor to do this.

Also can we extend for example championship and promotion or relegation playoffs? The limit is set on 20. if possible what is the maximum limit?

As I don't use the basic editor, I didn't analyse the corresponding files. I'll have a look.

I was wondering, would it make a difference for the editor if you delete a line like <boolean id="debug_only" value="false" />?

19 horas atrás, Wolf_pd disse:

I was wondering, would it make a difference for the editor if you delete a line like <boolean id="debug_only" value="false" />?

Don't know, in my tests I change between true and false, never tried to delete.

I can do a test for you. What are you thinking about?