The Unofficial Spanish La Liga Thread

Half-way trough 1st season with Osasuna, and sitting 2nd, 43 points, 13w-4d-2l, between Barcelona 44 points and Real Madrid 43 points.

Osasuna has a great squad, packed with talent in every lines, and 2-3 future top players. My goal is to develop them as the strongest side in the Basque County / Navarra.

8 minutes ago, bianconeri96 said:

Half-way trough 1st season with Osasuna, and sitting 2nd, 43 points, 13w-4d-2l, between Barcelona 44 points and Real Madrid 43 points.

Osasuna has a great squad, packed with talent in every lines, and 2-3 future top players. My goal is to develop them as the strongest side in the Basque County / Navarra.

Very doable. You've a great Basque spine and in my Athletic Club save they've produced better youngsters than my academy (I keep signing them). 

23 minutes ago, bianconeri96 said:

Can you show us your tactic + instructions?

I am using an asymmetric 4-4-2 , called 4-1-1-2-2 Total Football downloaded from a website I am not sure I can name or link. But looking up  for  "4-1-1-2-2 Total Football conway-ball" on the web would return the download page.

It's a tactic which I don't think really expoit all the match engine flaws but produce great results. Balanced mentality and flexible fluidity. There are no player instructions, or no-sense player roles or positions.

Edited by bianconeri96

On 22/11/2023 at 16:58, dothestrand said:

Very doable. You've a great Basque spine and in my Athletic Club save they've produced better youngsters than my academy (I keep signing them). 

you're right, might be too easy if I can hire nationals and foreigners, so I am going to restart the save and only hire/keep basque players and focus on academy development.

On 29/10/2023 at 13:44, Parmie said:

I shall sneak into this with something I experimented a little with during FM23. FC Andorra.

I'd like to see if we can facilitate a long term rise of the Andorran national team by building up the club and hopefully producing quality youngsters, much like Ter's old San Marino challenge.

Club Overview

A professional club based in Andorra la Vella, Andorra, that currently competes in Segunda Division. The club was founded in 1942 and currently plays it's home fixtures at Estadi Nacional, with a 3,306 capacity. In August 2022, the club announced plans for a new 6,000 capacity stadium.

Bought by Gerard Pique's Kosmos Holding Group in 2018, the club achieved promotion to Tercera Division in the 2019/2020 season, however, due to CF Reus Deportiu failing to pay it's players, FC Andorra was able to pay a fee to replace them in Segunda Division B, with Reus replacing them them in the Tercera Division. In May 2021, team was promoted to Segunda Division for the first time in their history.

In the 2022/2023 season FC Andorra finished 7th in Segunda Division, and it's at this point I take over management of the club with a board expectation to avoid relegation.

Season One (2023/2024):

I like to keep things simple in the first season, and with a team that looks very capable of exceeding expectations, transfer business is not an urgent need. Diego Pampin however, becomes unhappy in his last year of contract, states his intention to leave for nothing so is a deadline day exit. It's not until the January window that I bring in my first signings, Hacen, also being an Arabic speaker, is my attempt to help Abdelkader settle after being unable to find a suitable fellow Egyptian (this does not satisfy the promise I had no option on when signing Abdelkader).

AndorraSeason1transfers.JPG.df75f5181548c413bdb00ae282938dbe.JPG

I set the team up in a Gegenpress 4-3-3 with some minor adjustments to roles and mentalities. We're an all or nothing side, not many draws through the season but enough wins over losses to finish 5th in the play-offs, sadly missing out in the first round against Elche.

Andorraseason1league.JPG.762d079687bf2d4c2dc5d7653106a660.JPG

There are some real stars at this level in the team, courtesy of Barcelona's youth system. Jose Marsa at centre back looks like he can play in La Liga, as does Jandro Orellana. We seem overloaded with 3 first team level goalkeepers with another out on loan but going into the next season, our best two striker options were both loanees, so we need some solutions and also a bit more depth to see if we can push on.

Andorra is about to be left without a team. The mayor of Andorra has announced they will not be able to use the national stadium anymore as of 2025, a stadium wich Andorra FC themselves have spent millions in upgrading. 

gerard pique took to social media and told the Mayor he leaves the club no option “but to leave the city and leave the country with no professional club”

IMG_2611.thumb.jpeg.773076fe9bb5338de8960d8f7134ccae.jpeg

Edited by Dadecane

I start every year with my hometown club, UD Ibiza. 

IRL background :

in 2021, we achieved promotion to La Liga 2 for the first time in our history, completing 3 seasons of straight promotions from 4th to 3rd to La Liga 2. A lot of money was put in the club by our new owner, ex-Valencia president Amadeo Salvo. However, his short temper is also well known. In our first season in La Liga 2, in 21-22, we had 3 different coaches, but excaped relegation. In 22-23, we had 4 different coaches, yes 4, in one season. Ultimately finished last place, and back to Primera RFEF (3rd division) we went. 

FM: 

so I took over Ibiza, in primera rfef, made some small adjustments and free agent signings as we have 0€ transfer budget. Finished 3rd in the division, made promotion playoffs and lost to Real Madrid Castilla. 

the next season 24-25, I won the division, became champs and won promotion. Due to the clubs financial position, I was still on an expiring contract that they couldnt renew. So I announced the day after becoming champs, that I would leave Ibiza for good. I gave them my all and left them as champs, back in 2nd division. 

i took a few interviews, mainly with Girona which I really wanted. But they passed on me for some polesmoker. Eventually, Huesca offered me the gig. I was hesitant at first but it was become clear I wasnt gonna land any bigger job. Looked at their talent, some decent guys, 7m€ in transfer budget and 6.5m wage budget. More than flexible enough to compete in La Liga 2. They want me to finish top half (of 22 teams) in Year 1. 

Huesca has only played in La Liga twice, 2019 and 2021, both times being relegated. My goal is to get them back in La Liga and leave them as an established mid-table liga team, maybe compete in the conference league one year. If I cant do that, then at least beating my eternal rival Real Zaragoza (whose president is Inter Miamis’ president, im from miami lol so I idolize him) twice a year will be fun!!

currently we are in 14th place after 27 games in my first season in Huesca (25-26) but only 4 pts seperate me in 14th from the team in 7th place! The board is very much supporting me in spite of being 14th because im still on target to reach all my goals. And because I made it to Copa del Rey rd of 16, eliminating some decent clubs on the way and ultimately falling to FC Barcelona. Exciting times ahead!

i’ll update as we go! 

Edited by Dadecane

Atletico Madrid seems a very hard save in FM24

The squad is incredibly old, and needs to be rebuilt. Theres no money to spend at all in season 1 or at the beginning of season 2 and youre quite a bit worse than Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Who realistically are you going to sell? most players are over the hill or soon will be. Maybe move Felix and Oblak on although Oblak is one of the main men within the team.

Id say by end of season 1 you would need a new centre back, a new central midfielder, a new right winger, possibly a right back and back up striker.

How can you get all those with no money and no one worth selling?????

7 hours ago, Hoofenballen said:

Atletico Madrid seems a very hard save in FM24

The squad is incredibly old, and needs to be rebuilt. Theres no money to spend at all in season 1 or at the beginning of season 2 and youre quite a bit worse than Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Who realistically are you going to sell? most players are over the hill or soon will be. Maybe move Felix and Oblak on although Oblak is one of the main men within the team.

Id say by end of season 1 you would need a new centre back, a new central midfielder, a new right winger, possibly a right back and back up striker.

How can you get all those with no money and no one worth selling?????

Doable yes, not easy. 

first off you gotta look at your academy, some of the top talent in spain comes thru there. Nico Serrano and Rodri Riquelme come to mind as players who are ready-now or soon will be. Some will become stars for u, others will be sold and bring u lots of money (think Rodri to city) even felix doesnt seem to want to return atleti so maybe sell him? Huge talent I know

second u have to buy to sell and make profit. Atleti poaches a lot of talent from the portuguese league, and south america, that they buy for 4-5m and sell for 15 only a few seasons later. 

and ultimately prize money; gotta win either league or cup every yr and make some money. 

are u going low block defensive like atleti does IRL or going more attacking? Atleti is a fun save. 

1 hour ago, Dadecane said:

Doable yes, not easy. 

first off you gotta look at your academy, some of the top talent in spain comes thru there. Nico Serrano and Rodri Riquelme come to mind as players who are ready-now or soon will be. Some will become stars for u, others will be sold and bring u lots of money (think Rodri to city) even felix doesnt seem to want to return atleti so maybe sell him? Huge talent I know

second u have to buy to sell and make profit. Atleti poaches a lot of talent from the portuguese league, and south america, that they buy for 4-5m and sell for 15 only a few seasons later. 

and ultimately prize money; gotta win either league or cup every yr and make some money. 

are u going low block defensive like atleti does IRL or going more attacking? Atleti is a fun save. 

Yeah I am thinking of doing a long term Athletico Madrid save at some point. I like the challenge of having an aging squad and having to do a overhaul over time. 

Also there are a lot of South Americans that are cheap and go on to be superstars like Anderson Duarte etc.

Before I start with a real save with Barça, I mostly speed run 5 seasons to see what is possible. 

I must say that Real Madrid is really strong this year. They've had back to back unbeaten seasons..

Nevertheless, the talent Barça produce this year (and already have(!)) is fun for tactical flexibility. And you get results like this fairly easy. :lol:

image.png.bc59d35f18eff21139476e34587cb081.png

15 hours ago, Dadecane said:

Doable yes, not easy. 

I think for my skill level and amount of time i can put into the game its too big of a project for me.

I finished 4th in la liga, we were league top scorers with best home record, made the copa del rey final but lost to Barca but out the champions league in round of 16 to Napoli

I was using a rigid 4411 low block soak it up and counter formation.

We were joint top at the mid season break then after the break we won every home game but lost every away game.

I was using:

Oblak (gk d)

Galan (fb a)

Savic (cb d)

Soyuncu (cb s)

Gimenez (fb s)

Memphis (wm a)

Koke (cm d)

De paul (bbm s)

Correa (wm a)

Greizmann (treq a)

Morata (p a)

Cautious mentality, low block, low defensive line, regroup and counter with pace.

1st half of season was beautiful to watch. Goals galore.

Id scouted loads of players like Aursnes, scalvini, barco, joao neves, wantes olly watkins as backup to morata but i need at least a little cash even if i need some sales

Edited by Hoofenballen

Screenshot2023-11-27at23_10_41.png.78b936e835f09ea5628373b397cecbcc.png

ATLETICO DE MADRID SEASON 1

Transfer Activity

With a kitty of £0, we were left to shop in Lidl. I wanted to keep the existing squad together and early season form led me to keep with the squad left to me by Diego Simeone. Thomas Lemar and Antoine Griezmann were initially transfer listed, but performances convinced e to keep them. The squad was slightly bolstered by the arrival of Fabio Vieira, a versatile player who came in and did very well from the number 10 and wide left positions.

Tactical Basis

Given the board and fans desire for "defensively solid football" and "direct football", an interesting set of demands for a top club but one rooted in the philosophy of outgoing manager Diego Simeone, I tried to develop a home and away tactic which had undergone quite a few revisions throughout the season.

Its fair to say the home tactic was an unequivocal success, winning all but one home game at the Metropolitano and being the top scorers at home in the process.

Away from home, despite a very positive start to the season, to end up winless in 9 on the road after the winter break, collecting just THREE away points in the 2nd half of the season was utterly abysmal, and there was no indication such a collapse was coming.

Home Tactic

A simple idea, to defend with two banks of four in a compact shape, denying space in the middle of the pitch and remaining disciplined without the ball. When losing the ball, players told to immediately get back into defensive shape rather than look to win the ball back, and as we are trying to win the ball back in our own half, players are instructed to immediately look to counter attack, with high tempo, and to run their way up the pitch by dribbling.

This tactic proved especially good at home where we comfortably won all but one of our matches, dispatching Barcelona and Real Madrid in the process. This tactic in particular really got the best out of the main man, Rodrigo De Paul, with Memphis Depay, Thomas Lemar and Javi Galan all chipping in with goals in addition to those of striker Alvaro Morata

ATLETIHOMETACTIC.thumb.png.24b1385e564ff92f10f3811ac5e70b33.png

Away Tactic

The away tactic WAS working very well in the first half of the season, until inexplicably, it fell apart. The tactic was broadly similar but with an increased tempo to get the ball forward with more urgency, Morata acting as a target man to hold the ball up and to get bodies around him quickly from two narrow sitting wide men, the number 10 and the advancing De Paul.

A ball playing defender was used to launch direct passes towards Morata as an outlet, whilst the full backs were told to hang crosses in the air to Morata, with the intention of winning second balls high up the field.

Goalkeeper Oblak was instructed to initiate counter attacks via direct passes to the wings

ATLETIAWAYTACTIC.thumb.png.bc62246b108655f79e2632bc32ecc3d7.png

SEASON STARTS WITH HUGE PROMISE, ENDS AS A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE

For the first half of the season, performances in both la liga and the champions league were unexpectedly out of this world. With an aeging and somewhat threadbare squad, champions league progression was assured, topping a group of Bayern Munchen, Lens and Red Star Belgrade without losing a game, and a joint top position at the mid season break was beyond expectation.

Despite progression in the Copa Del Rey, ultimately losing to Barcelona 3-1 in the final, league performances dipped markedly. The imperious home form was still on show with some impressive displays, but the away form bordered on meme potential, with ex players coming out to slag off me and the players, and disgruntled fans. And who could blame them. To not see the side win a single away game in the entire 2nd half of the season was nothing short of disgraceful.

SEASON RESULTS PT1.png

SEASON RESULTS PT2.png

Edited by Hoofenballen

LA LIGA RESULTS CONT.

SEASONRESULTSPT3.thumb.png.db184fb7185abb2ed20b9d40d7f77377.png

COPA DEL REY RESULTS

COPADELREYRESULTS.thumb.png.755691213e497c283d0cd108ee8306b8.png

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE RESULTS

CHAMPIONSLEAGUERESULTS.thumb.png.34c9a80f56c90384ad53038d0ed9d542.png

FINAL LA LIGA TABLE

FINALLEAGUETABLE.thumb.png.3556dbc2692aa36017806cf3dbe349ec.png

THE GOOD POINTS

• Huge goalscoring potential in the team, the most potent in the league
  • Brilliant home form
  • Rodrigo De Paul and Javi Galan vastly exceeding xG totals
  • The emergence of youngster Pablo Barrios

THE BAD POINTS

• WOEFUL away form
  • A very old squad, with only £2.8 million budget for improvements, which will mean selling to invest in youth
  • Tactical refinement required

Would be grateful for any thoughts on where it went wrong in season 1, and how it can be turned around.

In terms of building the new squad, nothing is off the table. EVERY player except De Paul, Memphis Depay, Javi Galan and Jan Oblak can leave for the right price.

In terms of tactics, would love your thoughts. The tactic did stick to the low block, low possession, counter with pace philosophy i wanted, yet somehow let us badly down in the 2nd half of season 2.

Im not a great player of the game but i must admit, im finding this team very enjoyable, very frustrating and a real challenge all in one, which is how it should be :)

Thanks for sharing @Hoofenballen. I too found that La Liga is a decent challenge. Certainly in season 1 with the starting squads (first transfer window disabled). I finished 5th with Valencia - overachieved a bit - but was definitely overpowered by the teams who finished ahead in the table. Sociedad has been particularly strong in my save so far (they finished 3rd). 

The low block is not really my style. I think it's a bit harder to make work with a high reputation team like Atleti, because teams are sitting back against you. I am not seeing anything bad in your tactic, though personally, I find "pressing much more often" and "inviting crosses" working in opposite direction. I think with the strength of your defensive unit btw, you'd be better off with a midblock. 

The other thing would be to add more pace in your forward line. I don't have Morata and Viera in front of me, but I don't think they're the fastest guys. I think a poacher with 16+ in acceleration, pace and off the ball, will work magic to your set up. 

I am no expert though... just some ideas... 

@Hoofenballen that's a great first season with Atletico, especially considering the defensive personnel aren't quite what they used to be! You even scored over 90 goals in the league which is awesome. 

I did a two year save with them recently and might go back to it soon.

I don't think you need to have a massive squad overhaul to push on and challenge the top two. Barrios looks like he could be a good squad player and could develop well. There are also several decent loan players due back - Joao Felix, Camello if he got enough game time, Samu Omorodion if his variable potential is good in your save, and Javi Serrano. Serrano and Camello would be short term options or could get you a decent fee. Rodrigo Riquelme was ok for me when he played - low wage demands and happy for a fair bit of bench time.

There are also lots of expiring contracts for older, big wage players such as Witsel, Azpi, Vitolo, Hermoso and Savic which would free up a fair bit of funds! Guido Rodriguez & Oliver might be available on frees if they haven't already been snapped up - I picked them both up on frees and they have been solid - plus Oliver is HG at Atletico. I did also sign de gea on a free to sell grbic.

I didn't sell him as I had him in previous FMs and he was fantastic and just can't convince myself to sell him... but Saul is worth selling as his wages are so high for a very average player now, and Depay could bring in a lot of money - I had offers of 65-75mil for him from Saudi clubs. I held off on selling him as Griezmann was out for 4-5months.

Screenshot2023-11-27at23_10_41.png.641e2a9271aad905a2aa9fc8c5b90de8.png

ATLETICO DE MADRID - SEASON 2: THE REBUILD

@Alejandro_FM @FMbeginner thank you for your contributions to the thread :)

I had a good look through the squad in the post season, and believe the "core" of the squad is one that can still take us to challenge for honours.

When viewing the rebuild, I had a few ideas in mind:

• I want the rebuild to be gradual. I want to keep continuity within the squad by not having too high a turnover of players. In particular, I dont want to sell too many influential players from the dressing room all in one go.
  • I want to keep the rebuild realistic.
  • I want to sign players who I believe fit the "DNA" of the club, and that for me is players who are prepared to go above and beyond the call of duty, players who will block, tackle and head all game. Players who will run all day, yet stay switched on tactically. Players who display world class levels of work rate and determination.
  • I want to gradually lower the average age of the team. I don't think its necessarily a bad thing to have players at their peak, but it would be good to gradually inject some new blood into the team. The breakthrough of Sergio Carmelo, and the return to the club of Joao Felix (who proved to be un-sellable) will aid the lowering of the average age of the squad.
  • Players who display desirable scout report characteristics. Particularly those who will find it easy to settle into the club and culture, players who perform consistently, and determined, resloute characters.
  • In terms of settling in, ive preferred players who can speak spanish, ideally spanish or spanish speakers i.e. south americans.

TRANSFER ACTIVITY INS AND OUTS

The transfer activity has been well received by the board and fans. The transfers in are structured and will not cost as much as they potentially could, the transfer fee will not hit its top value.

I was disappointed I couldn't get more income but some of my players proved very hard to shift, through a combination of age, high wages, and just lack of demand. I felt there may be more Saudi interest, but only Greizmann wanted to leave and I feel like he has left too cheaply. There was nothing I could do that would shift the likes of Joao Felix, Mario Hermoso, Stefan Savic, Saul and that was disappointing. I also didnt get much back for Rodrigo Riquelme, but I just dont feel he has the development potential I want. Not disappointed to get rid of Azpilicueta's wages.

INS

TRANSFERSIN1.thumb.png.9f9744e362000330d8366cd999c004a5.pngTRANSFERSIN2.thumb.png.b9cecf10c113299e4ea8ca65dffc234d.png

OUTS

TRANSFERSOUT.thumb.png.c6f2938af47cd1773265f0bb01b6b690.png

SEBASTIAN BOSELLI - CENTRE BACK/RIGHT BACK COVER; RIVER PLATE

A young Uruguyan at just 20 years old, should provide great centre back and right back cover, for only £8 million very good value and comes off the back of an impressive season for River Plate, and an impressive scouting report. Aiming to develop him and give him plenty of game time.

BOSELLI.thumb.png.7ae7a5d2cb72bc2bd605aca61db1bda6.png

GIORGIO SCALVINI - CENTRE BACK/DEFENSIVE MID COVER; ATALANTA

I wanted this player from the moment I took the club over. Will be my centre back rock hopefully for a decade to come. Had a tremendous season for Atalanta, 5 star potential for growth, delighted to have him.

SCALVINI.thumb.png.c9d0918251f50c8cc6aa8b4352595643.png

GUIDO RODRIGUEZ - DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD/CENTRE MIDFIELD; REAL BETIS

This was a no brainer. A free transfer that provides cover, but also gives the potential to switch to a system with a DM and 2 central midfielders if necessary. Small wages, and a good rotational option to have around

RODRIGUEZ.thumb.png.a107df90cfb9b35304848e3ad00cdf0d.png

KALVIN PHILLIPS - CENTRE MIDFIELD; MANCHESTER CITY

I overpaid for him, but i think he really embodies what I, and the club need in a central midfielder. Tenacious, committed, decent on the ball and will let the more creative players do their thing.

PHILLIPS.thumb.png.e24c3c4da2f98750457d8739dfce36e7.png

JULIAN ALVAREZ - ATTACKING MIDFIELDER/ATTACKING MIDFIELDER RIGHT/STRIKER; MAN CITY

Household name. Brings goals, creativity and hard work with versatility to play in a number of forward positions. Board are delighted as he will generate a significant amount of shirt sales. A bumper deal which will never reach its full value

These are some impressive incomings @Hoofenballen. Scalvini is immense - though you did pay good money to bring him in. The lesser known name on your list, Bosseli, is someone I signed for Valencia as well. He's a good la liga player, and his versatility is excellent. Can play an up and down full back, but also an inverted role or center back. 

12 minutes ago, Alejandro_FM said:

These are some impressive incomings @Hoofenballen. Scalvini is immense - though you did pay good money to bring him in. The lesser known name on your list, Bosseli, is someone I signed for Valencia as well. He's a good la liga player, and his versatility is excellent. Can play an up and down full back, but also an inverted role or center back. 

Thanks @Alejandro

I managed to recoup about £80 million in the summer, all in up front payments and managed to free up a good chunk of wages.

Whilst ive spent a lot of money, theyre on very structured deals that will be paid off over a number of years.

Im really interested in seeing how Boselli performs, I had tracked him for a long time and with the low value release clause I felt it was definitely worth bringing him in for the versatility he brings and as a successor to Savic.

Really looking forward to season 2 now I feel weve got quality in each area, feel weve got a really good blend of youth and experience now. Im excited :)

Ill try and post an update into my Mallorca save when I have a bit more time but as a summary Ive now completed 2 full seasons.

Season 1 - Finished 7th, just outside the European places after a bit of a collapse later in the season.

Season 2 - Finished 4th and qualified for the Champions League which was unexpected. Ive been given £9 million as the financial side of the club isnt the best. Ive had a massive turnaround of players and I do have a much younger squad now and star players are Bardghji and Beto. Beto came in the January transfer window and was fantastic.

Just about to start season 3 and currently looking for bargains to improve the squad and to give the Champions League a good go.

• 2 weeks later...

I find the registration rules in Spain completely ridicilous. The fact they also count players U21 for registration makes the league a frustrating experience. I am enjoying my Osasuna save but this is making me almost want to quit sometimes. If you have 3 GK's ,that makes for only 22 outfield players. With this injuries after the update making at least 4 players out at any given time, I'm left with 18 players of which let's say 2 or 3 are not of required standard, I'm left with 15,16 players..This makes playing europe and league very tough. And on top of that there is this insanely stupid supercup which has like semi finals and finals..ffs.

For the love of god I can't understand why they didn't make U21 players exception from registration?

On 20/12/2023 at 12:39, luka_zg said:

For the love of god I can't understand why they didn't make U21 players exception from registration?

Because the assumption is that your fringe 20-21 yr olds are in your B team. You can use up to 4 of the players registered for the B team in any main team match. Once a B team player has played (I believe) 10 times for the main team they can't play for the B again. That should give you enough flexibility to cover for injuries/rest players/give experience to fringe players.

The actual Spanish league rules here are much more complicated and depend on differences between B teams which are not reflected in FM.

Edited by NineCloudNine

On 20/12/2023 at 13:39, luka_zg said:

I find the registration rules in Spain completely ridicilous. The fact they also count players U21 for registration makes the league a frustrating experience. I am enjoying my Osasuna save but this is making me almost want to quit sometimes. If you have 3 GK's ,that makes for only 22 outfield players. With this injuries after the update making at least 4 players out at any given time, I'm left with 18 players of which let's say 2 or 3 are not of required standard, I'm left with 15,16 players..This makes playing europe and league very tough. And on top of that there is this insanely stupid supercup which has like semi finals and finals..ffs.

I explained Spanish registration do’s and dont’s in another thread. I’ll try to find u the link. 

the idea is that any u23 player u have, u have them on ur b team, and u can use up to 4 on the field at any time. Make sure they also train with your first team

as of last season, Gavi, Araujo, and Alejandro Balde were not registered for fcb, and played every game as “b team” guys. 

u19 = no need to register
u23 = u can register them, but u can also use up to 4 of them ON THE FIELD (more on the bench) if they are B team players 😉 use this wisely. Its a must in Spain 

Edited by Dadecane

• 1 month later...

Here I am yet again with yet another save! Ive decided to give Valencia a go with their terrible finances and an upcoming move into a new stadium. 3 games left to go in my 1st season and Im currently on course for a top 4 finish which is way above expectations, I was only expected to finish in the top half. Qualification for Europa League has already been secured but it could be much better. Ive also just gifted the title to Real Madrid after I beat Barca 1-0 away to leave them 7 points behind Madrid with 3 to go. The only disappointments I have is a quarter final Copa Del Rey exit to Espanyol and Im yet to find a tactic to get my strikers scoring, I brought in Gabigol in January but he has been poor, so Im in 2 minds to either stick with him or give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he has a good pre season. 

It really depends on my transfer budget, Im not expecting a lot even if I qualify for the Champions League so I may need to sell to buy. Ive got Barco coming in during the summer so Gaya may be sold to fund other signings, there is interest in him and his value is £52 million. The problem with that is I only get 60% of transfer revenue, hopefully I can get that increased in the summer.

Fingers crossed I can stick with this save as Im desperate to get fully invested in a save like I did with Lens last year.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive started a new save with Valencia with the latest update.

No transfers in the first transfer window.

image.thumb.png.469cc7569d93bac9126f274c5870f98b.png

Outstanding start so far. 

girona came back from 2-0 to 2-2 at 92', a huge win over Barca 3-0 at home, we beat 6-2 Mallorca away after a crazy first half.

image.thumb.png.81c31094bd322ba8854b46f6d67bcc53.png

Edited by CR#7

6 hours ago, CR#7 said:

Ive started a new save with Valencia with the latest update.

No transfers in the first transfer window.

image.thumb.png.469cc7569d93bac9126f274c5870f98b.png

Outstanding start so far. 

girona came back from 2-0 to 2-2 at 92', a huge win over Barca 3-0 at home, we beat 6-2 Mallorca away after a crazy first half.

image.thumb.png.81c31094bd322ba8854b46f6d67bcc53.png

Do you use any player instructions? 

And do you play the same tactic every game? (Big games, away, home, etc.)

Edited by TheMartello

2 hours ago, TheMartello said:

Do you use any player instructions? 

And do you play the same tactic every game? (Big games, away, home, etc.)

Not so much.

Gaya has CWB PI without Roam from position

Guerra to shot more often + get further forward

Yaremchuk to roam from position

MR to run wide with the ball + mark tigher and tackle harder

ML to sit narrower so gaya will have more space on the flank

Mostly the same tactics Home and away

away big games i go for 442 MR ML with 2DM'S mid block and no work ball on the box.

image.png.d97e7fd577559c895fc6c96f55122422.png

35 minutes ago, CR#7 said:

Not so much.

Gaya has CWB PI without Roam from position

Guerra to shot more often + get further forward

Yaremchuk to roam from position

MR to run wide with the ball + mark tigher and tackle harder

ML to sit narrower so gaya will have more space on the flank

Mostly the same tactics Home and away

away big games i go for 442 MR ML with 2DM'S mid block and no work ball on the box.

image.png.d97e7fd577559c895fc6c96f55122422.png

You used the 4-4-2 against Barcelona? 

And does it have player instructions as well?

Keep us up to date about your season! 

23 hours ago, TheMartello said:

You used the 4-4-2 against Barcelona? 

And does it have player instructions as well?

Keep us up to date about your season! 

No, becuase we played at home i went with the main tactic.

image.thumb.png.fc80ca443995b8aa06fc31d512b314d0.png

Finished half a season so far, an impressive run since the loss to Real with 7 straight wins followed by a small crisis with 3 losses but we bounced back especially with a big win over Atlético in the Metropolitano

image.png.53004d76ac2737fa5f1458f8fa93b5ae.png

image.thumb.png.57e5a373ea543c9216b256d220c17cfb.png

Yaremchuk is having a great season so far with 10 goals and 4 assists, also Fran Perez with 4 goals and 9 assists, Duro is putting up his numbers with 9 goals and Mosquera is the ace in the near post with 6 goals so far.

Diego Lopez makes an excellent impression, also Peter who is on loan from Real Madrid.
Almeida rarely gets minutes and there is a chance he will be loaned or sold in January.

There is high interest in many players after an excellent half season, there will also be sales of key players to improve the club's financial situation.

image.thumb.png.028b33baffc76ef83a30d3960c059d25.png

image.png

I also started a save on the winter update with Valencia and it seems like some youngsters such as Mosquera and Perez have had a nice little boost on this update. They've already got one of my favourite young players Javi Guerra. It will be fun to add to the young Spanish group that they have going on at the moment and hopefully get some good academy products coming through.

I'm halfway through the 1st season and surpassing expectations by competing with Madrid and Barca at the top of the table, only losing one game away to Barca so far. We even managed to get a 0-0 draw away at Real Madrid despite being down to 10 men from the 3rd minute onward. I don't expect us to keep pace with those two, but it's been a great start. With the January window about to open, there is a temptation to sell a couple of players like Gaya who has interest from Saudi, but at the same time, it would be hard to let go of an academy product who's spent so much time at the club and is still one of our best players. I'm not sure what I'll do if we get a big bid for him.

Screenshot2024-03-05213527.thumb.png.6a9f986eccc829aa486f38c9752621f3.png

3 minutes ago, roganp said:

I also started a save on the winter update with Valencia and it seems like some youngsters such as Mosquera and Perez have had a nice little boost on this update. They've already got one of my favourite young players Javi Guerra. It will be fun to add to the young Spanish group that they have going on at the moment and hopefully get some good academy products coming through.

I'm halfway through the 1st season and surpassing expectations by competing with Madrid and Barca at the top of the table, only losing one game away to Barca so far. We even managed to get a 0-0 draw away at Real Madrid despite being down to 10 men from the 3rd minute onward. I don't expect us to keep pace with those two, but it's been a great start. With the January window about to open, there is a temptation to sell a couple of players like Gaya who has interest from Saudi, but at the same time, it would be hard to let go of an academy product who's spent so much time at the club and is still one of our best players. I'm not sure what I'll do if we get a big bid for him.

Screenshot2024-03-05213527.thumb.png.6a9f986eccc829aa486f38c9752621f3.png

What tactic(s) are you using? Some very nice results you got there!

16 minutes ago, TheMartello said:

What tactic(s) are you using? Some very nice results you got there!

Just a pretty basic 4-3-3, I don't tinker with it much from game to game apart from switching the passing directness from shorter to slightly shorter to go a little bit direct in certain games and flicking between mixed/low crossing depending on if we have Yaremchuk or Duro playing up front.

Valencia4-3-3.png.aa35a9adceca9bc846e60c48cb741c86.png

3 minutes ago, roganp said:

Just a pretty basic 4-3-3, I don't tinker with it much from game to game apart from switching the passing directness from shorter to slightly shorter to go a little bit direct in certain games and flicking between mixed/low crossing depending on if we have Yaremchuk or Duro playing up front.

Valencia4-3-3.png.aa35a9adceca9bc846e60c48cb741c86.png

Thanks for your answer!

Any specific player instructions you use?

10 hours ago, TheMartello said:

Thanks for your answer!

Any specific player instructions you use?

I only have tackle harder on the two wingers, as well as the central midfielders. 

Have started up a save with Atletico Madrid, using the new database as well as some editor files to bring in this seasons results so far & to bring me right up to date.

Managed to finish S1… went out to Man Utd in the UCL. However, I did finish 2nd, a few points ahead of Barcelona, in La Liga.

As I started after the transfer window had closed I’ve been using the current squad. The only changes I’ve made so far is to the staff as all areas needed a drastic overhaul.

Now looking at recruitment for S2, lots of players out of contract with no interest in renewing but there’s not a great deal in the pot for new signings.

4 hours ago, saware said:

Have started up a save with Atletico Madrid, using the new database as well as some editor files to bring in this seasons results so far & to bring me right up to date.

Managed to finish S1… went out to Man Utd in the UCL. However, I did finish 2nd, a few points ahead of Barcelona, in La Liga.

As I started after the transfer window had closed I’ve been using the current squad. The only changes I’ve made so far is to the staff as all areas needed a drastic overhaul.

Now looking at recruitment for S2, lots of players out of contract with no interest in renewing but there’s not a great deal in the pot for new signings.

Players set to leave are:

Azpilicueta (Too old and doesn’t fit my tactical style)

Savic (Too old)

Paulista (Too old)

Hermoso (Tried to keep but wanted £150k)

Reinildo (30+ and not of required quality, & will bring in a modest fee) 

Witsel (Too old)

Koke (No interest in renewing contract)

Vitolo (Too old)

Morata (No interest in renewing)

There are several other fringe players & returning loanees that may also depart. No-one is really off the table, however I would like to keep Oblak, Vermeeren, & Barrios.