[FM24][HELP]Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

Em 20/02/2024 em 12:58, Olas Nick disse:

in my opinion, both options look terrible and unnatural. I would not engage in nonsense and use ready-made kit packs. or you can try to use not the relative, but the absolute value of the logo size.

I tried during a free night but I ended up giving up, the only solution other than using an absolute value was some way of fixing the relative size that I had proposed in the code but... I gave up, I'll wait for an update to fix this (something I find difficult)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone !

image.png.1e768c6c6335755117c1bd171eb358fa.png

I use the WTCS skin and I would like to know which file (in this skin or with the Resource Archiver) needs to be modified to enlarge the size of the bubbles containing the position on this screen. Thank you !

Edited by AtlasFR

5 minutes ago, AtlasFR said:

Hello everyone !

image.png.1e768c6c6335755117c1bd171eb358fa.png

I use the WTCS skin and I would like to know which file (in this skin or with the Resource Archiver) needs to be modified to enlarge the size of the bubbles containing the position on this screen. Thank you !

if you mean the green positions, then it's the "team squad.xml" but if you can make them larger i don't know as i havnt tried

5 horas atrás, Zyraxz disse:

I tried during a free night but I ended up giving up, the only solution other than using an absolute value was some way of fixing the relative size that I had proposed in the code but... I gave up, I'll wait for an update to fix this (something I find difficult)

Hey friend, I know how frustrating it is.
We often think about some edits in our head, imagining they would look amazing, but we just can't make it work in the game.
The big problem is that there are several programming possibilities in Football Manager.
But, we only have access to more superficial SKIN programming, such as CSS.
So I often can't perform an edit precisely because there is other code that is inaccessible from "below".

So, in these cases, I try to think of another soul, outside the box, that leaves me as satisfied as the first.

For example, in your case, think about placing a suggested image for moments that don't have the third uniform, like a "store window mannequin" or something like that.
This way, all times appear with the space of 3 uniforms....
But, of course, I don't know how difficult it is to accomplish this.
It was just any example.
Don't be discouraged, let's skin it...

4 minutos atrás, vamcj disse:

Hey friend, I know how frustrating it is.
We often think about some edits in our head, imagining they would look amazing, but we just can't make it work in the game.
The big problem is that there are several programming possibilities in Football Manager.
But, we only have access to more superficial SKIN programming, such as CSS.
So I often can't perform an edit precisely because there is other code that is inaccessible from "below".

So, in these cases, I try to think of another soul, outside the box, that leaves me as satisfied as the first.

For example, in your case, think about placing a suggested image for moments that don't have the third uniform, like a "store window mannequin" or something like that.
This way, all times appear with the space of 3 uniforms....
But, of course, I don't know how difficult it is to accomplish this.
It was just any example.
Don't be discouraged, let's skin it...

Yes, it's frustrating, by the way, this is something that we don't have full access to the code of, among many others, it's a very crude idea, it's actually the logo on the shirt that I'm hammering to replace on the skin, I had this idea that you suggested to me a while ago but I ended up rethinking that I could break it into other panels soon (which happened) for now I will take a break from this idea, I will return to focusing on the starting panel that I was reimagining

27 minutes ago, Zyraxz said:

Yes, it's frustrating, by the way, this is something that we don't have full access to the code of, among many others, it's a very crude idea, it's actually the logo on the shirt that I'm hammering to replace on the skin, I had this idea that you suggested to me a while ago but I ended up rethinking that I could break it into other panels soon (which happened) for now I will take a break from this idea, I will return to focusing on the starting panel that I was reimagining

Just a silly question from me.

But would a program like "kitbasher" not work for what you wish ?

or fmkitcreator maybe

4 minutos atrás, snowofman disse:

Just a silly question from me.

But would a program like "kitbasher" not work for what you wish ?

or fmkitcreator maybe

I actually use the standard wfm18 Megapack kits. Normally, when a club's shirt doesn't come, I stick with the game's standards because I don't really like the difference, yes, that's very stupid of me. But it doesn't really bother me that much, I was trying to get the logo replaced because I had already finished my own skin and was just waiting for update 24.3 to arrive so I could start playing again.

4 minutes ago, Zyraxz said:

I actually use the standard wfm18 Megapack kits. Normally, when a club's shirt doesn't come, I stick with the game's standards because I don't really like the difference, yes, that's very stupid of me. But it doesn't really bother me that much, I was trying to get the logo replaced because I had already finished my own skin and was just waiting for update 24.3 to arrive so I could start playing again.

There is nothing stupid in keeping to the default kits, it's all about needs and preferences.

i can't help you with the logo on kits as it's not something i've fiddled with myself and i'm in general a monkey with it comes to anything graphics related. :( 

5 minutos atrás, snowofman disse:

There is nothing stupid in keeping to the default kits, it's all about needs and preferences.

i can't help you with the logo on kits as it's not something i've fiddled with myself and i'm in general a monkey with it comes to anything graphics related. :( 

Huh, I prefer the standard kits more for simplicity, I'm also new to graphics, but I'm happy with the little I've done.  But in the future I plan to come back with this idea.  I was thinking about sending it here, but I doubt anyone will continue what I did.

Is it possible to make this smile without background and explanation?

Spoiler

2024-03-0118_07_17.png.1c1483493bbe96af10cd1a1e543a9266.png

It is in squad view but I can't find it and don't know if it possible to take it from there

Spoiler

2024-03-0120_09_43.png.4a0220143bf395c561f06bf18f749033.png

Edited by Mancunianets

5 hours ago, Mancunianets said:

Is it possible to make this smile without background and explanation?

Reveal hidden contents

2024-03-0118_07_17.png.1c1483493bbe96af10cd1a1e543a9266.png

It is in squad view but I can't find it and don't know if it possible to take it from there

Reveal hidden contents

2024-03-0120_09_43.png.4a0220143bf395c561f06bf18f749033.png

the face can be extracted from here.

sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\icons\custom\emoji

26 minutes ago, snowofman said:

the face can be extracted from here.

sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\icons\custom\emoji

Okay I found it and copied to my skin folder. Now I need to make link to it, right?

1 minute ago, Mancunianets said:

Okay I found it and copied to my skin folder. Now I need to make link to it, right?

if you add them to this path.

graphics\icons\custom\emoji

The game will grab then from there, just like they would if they were in the default files

but now you can edit them and have them as edited in your skin.

From player overview panel.xml, can someone explain me how to edit/delete the number of tabs/blocks in the middle and bottom rows (player profile)? The idea is to only have to only have "Season stats" + 2 extra tabs in the bottom row. Thanks ;)

9 minutes ago, snowofman said:

if you add them to this path.

graphics\icons\custom\emoji

The game will grab then from there, just like they would if they were in the default files

but now you can edit them and have them as edited in your skin.

Nothing has changed. I used this code. Do I need to change something?

Spoiler

<widget class="label" spec="text,small" alignment="centre_x,bottom,can_scale" colour="fg">

<translation id="text" translation_id="447644" type="use" value="Playing Time" />

</widget>

<widget class="person_happiness_icon_widget" alignment="centre" row="0" column="5">

<record id="object_property" get_property="PHpt"/>

<integer id="happiness_type" value="1" />

</widget>

10 minutes ago, Mancunianets said:

Nothing has changed. I used this code. Do I need to change something?

Reveal hidden contents

<widget class="label" spec="text,small" alignment="centre_x,bottom,can_scale" colour="fg">

<translation id="text" translation_id="447644" type="use" value="Playing Time" />

</widget>

<widget class="person_happiness_icon_widget" alignment="centre" row="0" column="5">

<integer id="happiness_type" value="1" />

</widget>

you need this

widgets/person happiness icon widget.xml

it controls the emoji

person happiness icon widget.xml

2 hours ago, Vince_957 said:

Good evening lads, I'm trying to add a tab into the stadium overview panel, practically I want to add a new tab and use the stadium information facts like in the second screen, could somebody helps me to figure it out? 

Screenshot (8338).png

Screenshot (8339).png

stadium overview panel.xml 31.1 kB · 0 downloads stadium overview info widget.xml 7.55 kB · 0 downloads

After you've done that, are you planning on giving other skinners the courtesy of asking to use their work, or is the plan to continue taking without permission?

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

you need this

widgets/person happiness icon widget.xml

it controls the emoji

person happiness icon widget.xml 3.07 kB · 0 downloads

I don't know, I've tried hundreds of combinations but it doesn't work

Spoiler

<container>
               <attachment class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="-1,-1"/>
                 <widget class="label" size="8" font="label" colour="text">
          <translation id="text" translation_id="447644" type="use" />
        </widget>                            
                <widget class="person_happiness_icon_widget" id="PHpt" file="widgets/person happiness icon widget">
        </widget>

</container>
        </container>

5 minutes ago, Mancunianets said:

I don't know, I've tried hundreds of combinations but it doesn't work

Reveal hidden contents

<container>
               <attachment class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="-1,-1"/>
                 <widget class="label" size="8" font="label" colour="text">
          <translation id="text" translation_id="447644" type="use" />
        </widget>                            
                <widget class="person_happiness_icon_widget" id="PHpt" file="widgets/person happiness icon widget">
        </widget>

</container>
        </container>

no the file i linked goes into your widgets folder in your skin

then you can edit it as it calls the graphics

and from what i remember you wanted the emoji without the square, that you have to edit the emoji itself as said before. and have in the path given

22 horas atrás, snowofman disse:

I ended up redoing the code using another way to relocate the logo and as incredible as it may seem for now I've already had a huge improvement, whether in the player panel, club, no matter how many kits are in the container, it just doesn't move anymore

image.png.7a108b4ef85d61d0ed71cf494918e268.png

So I've reworked FME's contract panel in the attributes tab and for own player at the club it works great everything is scrollable

image.jpeg.4438d4dcbf38ce7bd8a30e7b025e7356.jpeg

however when a player is on loan / loaned out the scroller doesn't work

image.jpeg.d6882935d724e9b68998d71a7aafbd25.jpeg

any suggestions?

(attributes tab code below and called on panels linked)

<!-- Contract Info -->
    <container id="po05">
        <translation id="title" translation_id="335970" type="use" value="Contract Info" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true"/>
        <container class="scrolling_box">
            <!-- Employed -->
            <!-- Contract -->
                <container>
                    <layout class="vertical_arrange_autosize"/>
                    <!-- Contract -->
                    <widget class="player_contract_panel" hidden="true" file="player/FME/tabs/contract info/player contract">
                        <record id="object_property" get_property="Pion" set_property="hidn"/>
                    </widget>
                </container>
            </container>
            <!-- Contract & Loan Contract -->
            <container draw_vertical_dividers="false" >
                <attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="-1,-1" horizontal_gap="4"/>
                <record id="object_property" get_property="Pion" set_property="Shwn"/>
                <!-- Contract -->
                    <container>
                        <widget class="player_contract_panel" hidden="true" file="player/FME/tabs/contract info/player contract">
                            <record id="object_property">
                                <list id="get_properties">
                                    <record get_property="Popj" set_property="Shwn"/>
                                    <record get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
                                </list>
                            </record>
                        </widget>
                    </container>
                </container>
                <!-- Loan Contract -->
                    <container>
                        <widget class="player_contract_panel" id="2cnt" pUOC="true" hidden="true" file="player/FME/tabs/contract info/player contract">
                            <record id="object_property">
                                <list id="get_properties">
                                    <record get_property="Popj" set_property="Shwn"/>
                                    <record get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
                                </list>
                            </record>
                        </widget>
                    </container>
                </container>
            </container>
            <!-- Unemployed -->
            <container>
                <record id="object_property" get_property="Pemp" set_property="hidn"/>
                <container>
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" />
                    <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="middle" offset="0" gap="11"/>
                    <!-- Club Crest -->
                    <widget class="picture" file="icons/custom/icon box/unemployed" height="75" image_alignment="middle" scale_picture="true"/>
                    <!-- Employment Details -->
                    <widget class="player_extra_details_text" multiline="false" auto_size="vertical" alignment="middle">
                        <record id="object_property" get_property="PExD" />
                    </widget>
                </container>
            </container>
        </container>
    </container>

player contract subpanel bonuses options.xml player contract subpanel clauses.xml player contract subpanel.xml player contract.xml

8 hours ago, snowofman said:

no the file i linked goes into your widgets folder in your skin

then you can edit it as it calls the graphics

and from what i remember you wanted the emoji without the square, that you have to edit the emoji itself as said before. and have in the path given

Sorry for my stupidity I’m newcomer in this thread. I don’t understand what do I need to edit in that emojis? They look like without the squares already

1 hour ago, Mancunianets said:

Sorry for my stupidity I’m newcomer in this thread. I don’t understand what do I need to edit in that emojis? They look like without the squares already

okay, i didnt check tbh.

as said before, when it comes to graphics, i'm not the right person to ask. So i would sadly have to leave you hangnig until someone with more graphical knowhow comes.. Sorry

13 minutes ago, snowofman said:

okay, i didnt check tbh.

as said before, when it comes to graphics, i'm not the right person to ask. So i would sadly have to leave you hangnig until someone with more graphical knowhow comes.. Sorry

It’s okay. I appreciate your help and thank you. The last one question. That emojis without squares on team squad view, are they the same emojis but coded in another way?

Hello!

I am using Tato24 skin and wanted to add the viewers number to the half time match stats screen, full time match stats screen as well as to the already played games match stats screen. In addition I wanted to switch the feedback display (default shown atm) with the statistics display (I want this to be default) in all those screens as well. See screenshots.

It would be very nice if someone can explain me how and where to add this changes if possible! Thank you very much!

match stats full time1.jpg

match stats half time1.jpg

match stats1.jpg

1 hour ago, Holzi said:

Hello!

I am using Tato24 skin and wanted to add the viewers number to the half time match stats screen, full time match stats screen as well as to the already played games match stats screen. In addition I wanted to switch the feedback display (default shown atm) with the statistics display (I want this to be default) in all those screens as well. See screenshots.

It would be very nice if someone can explain me how and where to add this changes if possible! Thank you very much!

1. see how it is implemented in other skins and repeat it in the necessary files of the skin that you use

2. find the code default_item= and change the value to the id of the required tab. I think these are match full time review panel, match in between highlights panel, match mid match review panel

Le 25/02/2024 à 21:36, vamcj a dit :

Sharing, some more changes I made to my skin (match screen):

I placed a selector button to choose the "transmission channel" of the match.

spacer.png

see an example of the screen:
(we have a selector button for the match score and now a selector button for the "broadcast channel" of the match)

spacer.png

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

spacer.png

But now I need help:

I made some screens like this, with different logos from football statistics companies, but I don't want to put a selector button, but rather, switch left and right with a button.

I just have no idea how to start.

Someone help me?

Hey @vamcj how did you get these broadcaster logos? Is there an existing pack? Looks super cool ;)

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Olas Nick:

1. see how it is implemented in other skins and repeat it in the necessary files of the skin that you use

2. find the code default_item= and change the value to the id of the required tab. I think these are match full time review panel, match in between highlights panel, match mid match review panel

Thank you for your reply. Tbh I am a little bit lost here..

I attached the xmls you mentioned maybe you can point me in the right direction? Or do you think its better to ask in the Tato24 thread?

match full time review panel.xml match in between highlights panel.xml match mid match review panel.xml

Could someone tell me what folder controls these small flags? I have created 2 nations and this is the final piece of my puzzle that I cannot do, as CIS and Soviet Union are being awkward. The CIS one has changed to Belarus flag, which is what I want but it is smaller than the others. And I just cannot replace the Soviet Union flag with the Russian one. I have changed the configs to reflect the new UID's of 583 for Russia, and 574 for Belarus. So where is the game drawing upon the instructions to use the Soviet flag and a smaller Belarus flag? This is the path of where my flags are:

image.png.af6cfb5640754f5695dda0a5364eef33.png

smallflags.png.7c94aca381cc924c92d424900a854a8e.pngflags2.thumb.png.3a272a5d0f186207c0e9e74c5bb48ce7.png

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

15 hours ago, \&#x27;Appy \&#x27;Ammer said:

Could someone tell me what folder controls these small flags? I have created 2 nations and this is the final piece of my puzzle that I cannot do, as CIS and Soviet Union are being awkward. The CIS one has changed to Belarus flag, which is what I want but it is smaller than the others. And I just cannot replace the Soviet Union flag with the Russian one. I have changed the configs to reflect the new UID's of 583 for Russia, and 574 for Belarus. So where is the game drawing upon the instructions to use the Soviet flag and a smaller Belarus flag? This is the path of where my flags are:

image.png.af6cfb5640754f5695dda0a5364eef33.png

smallflags.png.7c94aca381cc924c92d424900a854a8e.pngflags2.thumb.png.3a272a5d0f186207c0e9e74c5bb48ce7.png

I found the offending folder! It was actually in the OPZ skin i had inside a folder entitled "yacs". 

image.thumb.png.0d8c04d3088469a011f419971ac284e6.png

Does anyone remember the solution to the panel moving downward by itself when mouse over the top default menu ?

i vaguely remember talking about this previously, but can't remember

Edit: Nvm, found the issue, i faulty attachment_group

Hi everybody, I'm using the sas skin, I would like to edit and swap the stadium pic with the bottom information because when I increase the zoom, the bottom part is covered, Is there a possibility to adjust it or maybe add a lateral tab to scroll all the infos? Thanks, I will attach here the files 

Screenshot (8342).png

Screenshot (8343).png

club overview details panel affiliate.xml

1 hour ago, FMLuc said:

Hi everybody, I'm using the sas skin, I would like to edit and swap the stadium pic with the bottom information because when I increase the zoom, the bottom part is covered, Is there a possibility to adjust it or maybe add a lateral tab to scroll all the infos? Thanks, I will attach here the files 

Screenshot (8342).png

Screenshot (8343).png

club overview details panel affiliate.xml 11.98 kB · 0 downloads

have you considered using the laptop version ?

10 minuti fa, snowofman ha scritto:

have you considered using the laptop version ?

I'm using the laptop version but still the same thing such as the second screenshot

1 minute ago, FMLuc said:

I'm using the laptop version but still the same thing such as the second screenshot

it's optimized for 1366 × 768 at 85%

so if thats too small, it's a problem i can see.

2 minuti fa, snowofman ha scritto:

it's optimized for 1366 × 768 at 85%

so if thats too small, it's a problem i can see.

yeah, I would like to adjust the infos, just it, or add a lateral scrolling tab for reading everything even with small screen

This might be a quick answer, but wanted to check. I've tried looking but cant find anything related to editing the search panel. 

Below is my titlebar, however when i click into the panel itself, to say search for something...

image.thumb.png.cafb1c24cb6ddb2928d7a9c2803390b4.png

This then shows

image.thumb.png.827845082f7cc748917de9bb0b8138a5.png

What i am trying to achieve is to get the greyed box to be in the middle inline with the text, as its trggering my OCD bigtime! No worries if it cant be done.

37 minutes ago, One hell of a keeper said:

This might be a quick answer, but wanted to check. I've tried looking but cant find anything related to editing the search panel. 

Below is my titlebar, however when i click into the panel itself, to say search for something...

image.thumb.png.cafb1c24cb6ddb2928d7a9c2803390b4.png

This then shows

image.thumb.png.827845082f7cc748917de9bb0b8138a5.png

What i am trying to achieve is to get the greyed box to be in the middle inline with the text, as its trggering my OCD bigtime! No worries if it cant be done.

titlebar search panel ?

or search box titlebar

i can't remember which it is

22 minutes ago, One hell of a keeper said:

Thanks for the previous info! 

If i wanted to insert/create graphics/pattern into the title bar - are there any guides on this?

I don't think there is a guide per say. but take a look at a skin that has something similar and see how's it's done.

or maybe @hyrule_king can explain it if he has time, he has been doing alot of nice stuff regarding different graphics in different places

maybe i can learn something in he process as i am absolutely bad at anything graphics related 

23 minutes ago, snowofman said:

I don't think there is a guide per say. but take a look at a skin that has something similar and see how's it's done.

or maybe @hyrule_king can explain it if he has time, he has been doing alot of nice stuff regarding different graphics in different places

maybe i can learn something in he process as i am absolutely bad at anything graphics related 

Appreciate the direction @snowofman, if you ever have some time @hyrule_king that would be great to find out a bit about inserting patterns/backgrounds into titlebar areas. 

38 minutes ago, One hell of a keeper said:

Appreciate the direction @snowofman, if you ever have some time @hyrule_king that would be great to find out a bit about inserting patterns/backgrounds into titlebar areas. 

Can you send me your title and title bar search panels from the generic folder please? I had a similar issue before. @One hell of a keeper

Edited by hyrule_king

1 hour ago, hyrule_king said:

Can you send me your title and title bar search panels from the generic folder please? I had a similar issue before. @One hell of a keeper

Thanks for your help on this - think those are the two that you are after?

titlebar search panel.xml titlebar.xml