[FM24][HELP]Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

26 minutes ago, Delicate Dave said:

Thanks, it's as I thought really, I've done plenty of coding in the past and I used to skin browsers and make things in VB. I don't think I'll have the passion for it now at 64 so I'll leave it to you youngins :).

If it helps I've found it an enjoyable side hobby that I don't have the time for but it's a good distraction, I'm pretty much the same in the sense I make alot of spreadsheets with alot of background VB coding. If you're only making for yourself then there's no pressure on time frames it's rather enjoyable and alot simpler than VB

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, JustHowie said:

If it helps I've found it an enjoyable side hobby that I don't have the time for but it's a good distraction, I'm pretty much the same in the sense I make alot of spreadsheets with alot of background VB coding. If you're only making for yourself then there's no pressure on time frames it's rather enjoyable and alot simpler than VB

Perhaps things will change but as we head into better weather I won't want to be inside and the activities I'll be doing outside - Garden, DIY etc - will lead me to only want to sleep when I'm inside. Apart from playing FM that is :-) Pity I didn't think of it a few years ago as I was right into coding & image editing then. Now it's all I can muster to maintain my websites while fixing Laptops as an hobby.

Afternoon all, I am trying to understand how to use graphics inside of the Titlebar. I'll create a pattern in photoshop or something and then use that as the base template for the title bar. How can this be achieved? And/or what should i look for? I see alot of paper reference in xmls ? Not sure..if i should play around with that

22 minutes ago, snowofman said:

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\game\panels.fmf

Thanks i have extracted that and it is not in there or is it called something different in there?

3 minutes ago, Mark8213 said:

Thanks i have extracted that and it is not in there or is it called something different in there?

should be under competition when extracted

yeah i just extracted panels.fmf and it's there

5 minutes ago, snowofman said:

should be under competition when extracted

yeah i just extracted panels.fmf and it's there

Competition PREVIEW is there but not competition REVIEWScreenshot(4).thumb.png.6e03a0aa671b9ebc357bee8cc4ea3e80.png

Competition PREVIEW is there but not competition REVIEWScreenshot(4).thumb.png.6e03a0aa671b9ebc357bee8cc4ea3e80.png

that is true, i don't have review either. But where did you get the info from that such a file should be there?

and i misread your 1st message as i read it as preview

2 minutes ago, snowofman said:

that is true, i don't have review either. But where did you get the info from that such a file should be there?

and i misread your 1st message as i read it as preview

is it not the panel with the fixture results at the end of the match with the league table 

is it not the panel with the fixture results at the end of the match with the league table 

don't think so, maybe it's

competition fixtures item panel roundup post match summary

but i'm not sure

10 minutes ago, snowofman said:

don't think so, maybe it's

competition fixtures item panel roundup post match summary

but i'm not sureimage.thumb.png.564df2081afb74c89f50b16096eb7e2a.png

Its this panel i am after changing the dark text (Goal Scorers) to white

i have competition fixtures item panel roundup detailed xml for it i am able to change the home team name colour and the colour of the scorers but not able to change the away scorers so as an alternative i changed the home scorers to the same as the away not how i really wanted it but it will do thanks @snowofman again for your help :)

Edited by Mark8213

18 minutes ago, Mark8213 said:

i have competition fixtures item panel roundup detailed xml for it i am able to change the home team name colour and the colour of the scorers but not able to change the away scorers so as an alternative i changed the home scorers to the same as the away not how i really wanted it but it will do thanks @snowofman again for your help :)

<widget id="ascr" class="text" font="text" size="small" auto_size="vertical" colour="faded text" />

this should be the place to change the colour of the scorer 

5 minutes ago, snowofman said:

<widget id="ascr" class="text" font="text" size="small" auto_size="vertical" colour="faded text" />

this should be the place to change the colour of the scorer 

<!-- Away team scorers-->
        <widget id="ascr" class="text" font="gunzo2" size="small" auto_size="vertical"  colour="white"/>

That's what i have but for colour i have white and it doesn't show up white just as faded text

I can change home team and scorers no problem

Edited by Mark8213

Just now, Mark8213 said:

<!-- Away team scorers-->
        <widget id="ascr" class="text" font="gunzo2" size="small" auto_size="vertical"  colour="white"/>

That's what i have but for colour i have white and it doesn't show up white just as per pic

just for the giggle, try and remove the font="gunzo2"

it might be the font settings is overriding the colour, which would be odd as it would make no sense to add the colour in the first place

4 minutes ago, snowofman said:

just for the giggle, try and remove the font="gunzo2"

it might be the font settings is overriding the colour, which would be odd as it would make no sense to add the colour in the first place

that hasn't worked either seems strange how i am able to change it for the HOME TEAM with no problem 

1 hour ago, Mark8213 said:

@snowofman it seems its only like that if i lose as game as i have now won and its white.

okay, i still have no real answer sadly. as it's not something i have had the need to change myself.

But good that you found that out atleast

10 hours ago, snowofman said:

okay, i still have no real answer sadly. as it's not something i have had the need to change myself.

But good that you found that out atleast

@snowofman Thanks again for your help i appreciate you :)

Edited by Mark8213

On 14/02/2024 at 12:36, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

Does anyone know how i would get this to be centred still but the shopping tag "image?" to not fill the full width of the container (ie just sits to the width of the value with a little padding)

image.png.e235e6f63acffb3869574b3ef003dccc.png

So basically it will look like this but centred:

image.png.180b29c69d3bc5502d4e5b1ffa21ca03.png

Following on from this - this is the code i have which makes it look like the first image. I want it to be like the second image but in the center... I can't work out what to do?

<!-- Transfer Value-->  
            <container>
                <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_gap="2" />

<widget class="label" id="vall" auto_size="vertical" style="semi_bold"  alignment="centre">
                    <translation id="text" translation_id="227806" type="use" value="Value"/>
                </widget>
                <widget class="transfer_value_label" id="TrVa" auto_size="vertical" alignment="centre_y" appearance="">
                    <record id="object_property" get_property="Pdva"/>
                </widget>
            </container>

Edited by oi_oi_ginger_roy

23 minutes ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

Following on from this - this is the code i have which makes it look like the first image. I want it to be like the second image but in the center... I can't work out what to do?

<!-- Transfer Value-->  
            <container>

<widget class="label" id="vall" auto_size="vertical" style="semi_bold"  alignment="centre">
                </widget>
                <widget class="transfer_value_label" id="TrVa" auto_size="vertical" alignment="centre_y" appearance="">
                </widget>
            </container>

try using a

centre_x, centre_y

2 hours ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

<!-- Transfer Value-->  
            <container>

</widget>
                </widget>
            </container>

I think it can be due to the influence of some global constants.  I also noticed that the text, which is perfectly aligned at 100% scaling and fullHD resolution, becomes slightly shifted vertically at other scaling values

I'm still unable to get two attribute analyzers to show on the Player Comparison Overview screen. Can anyone offer advice on how, or if, I can fix? From my entirely uninformed efforts, it looks like only analyzer can be tied to the widget id and I can't find an alternative or work around.

<container>
        <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="120,-1,-1,120">
            <global id="horizontal_gap" name="ui.main_contrast_box_gap"/>
        </layout>
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<container id="temp" >
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="10" />
                <widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="ofap" file="player/analyzer/comparison outfield" hidden="false" />
                <widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="gkap" file="player/analyzer/comparison goalkeeper" hidden="true" />
        </container>

<container id="tem2" >
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="10" />
                <widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="ofap" file="player/analyzer/comparison outfield roles" hidden="false" />
                <widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="gkap" file="player/analyzer/comparison goalkeeper roles" hidden="true" />
        </container>

Roles Compare.png

Edited by BGN
Hit post too soon.

55 minutes ago, BGN said:

I'm still unable to get two attribute analyzers to show on the Player Comparison Overview screen. Can anyone offer advice on how, or if, I can fix? From my entirely uninformed efforts, it looks like only analyzer can be tied to the widget id and I can't find an alternative or work around.

<container>
        <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="120,-1,-1,120">
            <global id="horizontal_gap" name="ui.main_contrast_box_gap"/>
        </layout>
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<container id="temp" >
                <widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="ofap" file="player/analyzer/comparison outfield" hidden="false" />
                <widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="gkap" file="player/analyzer/comparison goalkeeper" hidden="true" />
        </container>

<container id="tem2" >
                <widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="ofap" file="player/analyzer/comparison outfield roles" hidden="false" />
                <widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="gkap" file="player/analyzer/comparison goalkeeper roles" hidden="true" />
        </container>

Roles Compare.png

same ids in 2 containers

2 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

same ids in 2 containers

Thanks. Do you know of another ID I could use or where I could try to look for one?

I went back to mimicking how Statman put analyzers next to one another in his player overview page. Now the analyzer that has the "ofap" id appears properly and the other shows the analyzer for just the base player without the comparison. I tried ofa + everyletter and number and a few different options that ended in "ap".

2 hours ago, BGN said:

Thanks. Do you know of another ID I could use or where I could try to look for one?

I went back to mimicking how Statman put analyzers next to one another in his player overview page. Now the analyzer that has the "ofap" id appears properly and the other shows the analyzer for just the base player without the comparison. I tried ofa + everyletter and number and a few different options that ended in "ap".

I’ve just seen this. I had found a workaround - I will get back to you when I’m in-game, probably tomorrow. 

I have made changes to the XML of four panels on the match screen of the Trung skin. (Note: Top left is nep1, bottom left is nep2, top right is ibh1, bottom right is ibh2) I changed the contents of nep2 and ibh1 to be exactly the same in order to display the formations of both teams on the two panels on the left side, and I was able to display the formations.

However, there is something that concerns me. I feel that the update of information such as the opponent team’s rating displayed on the formation screen is slow. There are times when the opponent team’s rating is not updated until halftime.

Although I can display the latest rating by temporarily changing the display content to something else like a heatmap and then returning it, is there any setting necessary to update automatically?

I have added match stats to the bar display and made changes from the default state of TRUNG, so I will attach each XML file just in case.

2024-02-25121152.thumb.jpg.52aab944cafb2d482030c8e6fe0b5f63.jpg

match touchline tablet slot ibh2.xml match touchline tablet slot ibh1.xml match touchline tablet slot nep1.xml match touchline tablet slot nep2.xml

10 hours ago, TCSSkin said:

There was a thread a couple of years on getting the stadium picture to show on Nations with more than one stadium, can anyone remember how to do it?

Take a look in Tato, i believe he has it..

But i can't remember the thread sadly.

20 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I’ve just seen this. I had found a workaround - I will get back to you when I’m in-game, probably tomorrow. 

I've added this to the player comparison.xml

<!--STATMAN STATS-->

<container id="stats" hidden="false" >
					<translation id="title" value="Statistics" draw_vertical_dividers="false"/>
					<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,-1,-1" >
						<global id="gap" name="ui.main_box_gap"/>
					</layout>
					<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<string id="skin_style" value="subtle box" />

<!--Player 1 report-->

<container class="contrast_box" red_replacement="bg lighter">
	<layout class="vertical_arrange" vertical_layout="-1" vertical_gap="10" />

<!-- STATS -->
						<widget class="player_additional_stats_panel" id="pcr1"  file="player/stats/comparison/player performance stats combined comparison">
			<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
				<translation id="title" type="use" value="Comparisons" />
		</widget>

</container>

<!--Player 2 report: not called 'box 3' but just helps with notes panel-->

<container class="inner_contrast_box_no_margin" red_replacement="bg" width="450" id="not" hidden="true">
        <container class="filterable_notes_panel">
          <record id="object_property" get_property="Pers" />
          <animation class="slide_in_top_animation" />
        </container>
      </container>

<container class="contrast_box" red_replacement="bg lighter"  id="box3" hidn="false">

<!-- STATS -->
						<widget class="player_additional_stats_panel" id="pcr2"  file="player/stats/comparison/player performance stats combined comparison">
			<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
				<translation id="title" type="use" value="Comparisons" />
		</widget>

</container>

</container>

I used the pcr1 and pcr2 to buy myself another ID that meant I could build as many different things as I wanted (such as a full player profile) in that one file - player performance stats combined comparison - and it'd show in both places.

Sharing, some more changes I made to my skin (match screen):

I placed a selector button to choose the "transmission channel" of the match.

spacer.png

see an example of the screen:
(we have a selector button for the match score and now a selector button for the "broadcast channel" of the match)

spacer.png

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

spacer.png

But now I need help:

I made some screens like this, with different logos from football statistics companies, but I don't want to put a selector button, but rather, switch left and right with a button.

I just have no idea how to start.

Someone help me?

Edited by vamcj

5 horas atrás, vamcj disse:

Sharing, some more changes I made to my skin (match screen):

I placed a selector button to choose the "transmission channel" of the match.

spacer.png

see an example of the screen:
(we have a selector button for the match score and now a selector button for the "broadcast channel" of the match)

spacer.png

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

spacer.png

But now I need help:

I made some screens like this, with different logos from football statistics companies, but I don't want to put a selector button, but rather, switch left and right with a button.

I just have no idea how to start.

Someone help me?

Would this help?

<!-- Back Button -->
            <widget class="screen_history_button" id="back" fixed="true" width="50" appearance="buttons/custom/interface/navigation bar/button" icon="icons/custom/header/left" icon_alignment="centre" gamepad_icon_alignment="top,centre_x">
                <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="hnpt" set_property="itms" />
                <record id="click_event" event_id="GOTO" event_target="brow" scin="-3" />
                <string id="controller_button" value="left_shoulder" />
                <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="MnuS" mode="not_equal" value="true" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="true" />
            </widget>

<!-- Next Button -->
            <widget class="screen_history_button" id="forw" fixed="true" width="30" appearance="buttons/custom/interface/navigation bar/button" icon="icons/custom/header/right" icon_alignment="centre" gamepad_icon_alignment="top,centre_x">
                <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="hnit" set_property="itms" />
                <record id="click_event" event_id="GOTO" event_target="brow" scin="-2" />
                <string id="controller_button" value="right_shoulder" />
                <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="MnuS" mode="not_equal" value="true" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="true" />
            </widget>

I need to use next and back to change my images.
please give me some idea

1 hour ago, らぱらさにゃん said:

I want to change the font and text color when displaying ability values on the player search screen and staff search screen. Which file should I edit?

Additionally, the part enclosed in red currently displays the “Stamina” ability.

スクリーンショット 2024-02-26 183303.jpg

person/person search player view
person/person search staff views

3 minutes ago, snowofman said:

person/person search player view
person/person search staff views

Thank you. Unfortunately, I couldn’t figure out which part of the file to edit.

However, after quitting the game and restarting it, the display returned to its original state. It’s strange that even clearing the cache and reloading the skin didn’t improve the situation.

By the way, is it possible that the reason why some skins can’t reference the ability values of set-piece coaches is because they haven’t added the data to reference in this file?

5 minutes ago, らぱらさにゃん said:

Thank you. Unfortunately, I couldn’t figure out which part of the file to edit.

However, after quitting the game and restarting it, the display returned to its original state. It’s strange that even clearing the cache and reloading the skin didn’t improve the situation.

By the way, is it possible that the reason why some skins can’t reference the ability values of set-piece coaches is because they haven’t added the data to reference in this file?

you can try using this method

<record id="PcjN" width="100" alignment="centre">
	<integer id="size" value="8"/>
	<integer id="font" value="title"/>
	<integer id="colour" value="white"/>
</record>

There is things that requires a game restart to take effect, mostly "sections and properties" changes

yes if they have not updated/added it to the skin, it won't show

15 minutes ago, snowofman said:

you can try using this method

<record id="PcjN" width="100" alignment="centre">
	<integer id="size" value="8"/>
	<integer id="font" value="title"/>
	<integer id="colour" value="white"/>
</record>

There is things that requires a game restart to take effect, mostly "sections and properties" changes

yes if they have not updated/added it to the skin, it won't show

Thank you. That was helpful. Big respect from Japan.

What could be the explanation? I can't install "career stats" on player overview panel. I tried different combinations of types, placement and sizes of containers, but without success. The container is always empty. This issue is only on Light Skin and I think I'm the only one who has that problem.

Edited by Mancunianets

24 minutes ago, Mancunianets said:

What could be the explanation? I can't install "career stats" on player overview panel. I tried different combinations of types, placement and sizes of containers, but without success. The container is always empty. This issue is only on Light Skin and I think I'm the only one who has that problem.

Try and give it a 

<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>

But it's really difficult to say what the problem might be without some kind of code. and the box/panel your trying to put it in

11 hours ago, snowofman said:

Try and give it a 

<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>

But it's really difficult to say what the problem might be without some kind of code. and the box/panel your trying to put it in

I've already tried it

Spoiler

2024-02-2801_39_56.thumb.png.e69f168a3ceef837d2b6760226239f44.png2024-02-2801_38_08.png.b2b889693daf13aa369d7466b4b3f9f7.png

If it's not difficult you can check it by yourself

Edited by Mancunianets