[FM24][HELP]Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

1 minute ago, DawidFM said:

which file i need update? and how?

non player attributes panel.xml, you have to export the original default panels from the Resource Archiver. 

There was a change in non player attributes as the set piece attribute was added plus set piece preferences so you have to update it if you use the files from FM23 (or older).

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

By the Resource Archiver, I found the file : club properties.xml with this code:

<!--continental competition-->
		<record>
			<integer id="id" value="Ccon" />
			<integer id="width" value="100" />
			<translation id="name" translation_id="319579" type="use" value="Continental Competition[COMMENT: label for showing what continental competition, if any, the club is entered in]" />
			<record id="widget_info">
				<symbol id="class" value="comp_button" />
			</record>

<record id="column_heading">
				<flags id="alignment" value="left,centre_y" />
				<translation id="text" translation_id="319580" type="use" value="Cont. Comp.[COMMENT: abbreviation for Continental Competition: label for showing what continental competition, if any, the club is entered in]" />
				<translation id="hint" translation_id="319579" type="use" value="Continental Competition[COMMENT: label for showing what continental competition, if any, the club is entered in]" />
			</record>
		</record>

It's the full name of the competition displayed for each club which is in a continental competition : Ccon.

I'm afraid of the answer, but, can we force, by this file or another, the display of the short name for the continental competition ?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, AtlasFR said:

Hi everyone,

By the Resource Archiver, I found the file : club properties.xml with this code:

<!--continental competition-->
		<record>
			<integer id="id" value="Ccon" />
			<integer id="width" value="100" />
			<translation id="name" translation_id="319579" type="use" value="Continental Competition[COMMENT: label for showing what continental competition, if any, the club is entered in]" />
			<record id="widget_info">
				<symbol id="class" value="comp_button" />
			</record>

<record id="column_heading">
				<flags id="alignment" value="left,centre_y" />
				<translation id="text" translation_id="319580" type="use" value="Cont. Comp.[COMMENT: abbreviation for Continental Competition: label for showing what continental competition, if any, the club is entered in]" />
				<translation id="hint" translation_id="319579" type="use" value="Continental Competition[COMMENT: label for showing what continental competition, if any, the club is entered in]" />
			</record>
		</record>

It's the full name of the competition displayed for each club which is in a continental competition : Ccon.

I'm afraid of the answer, but, can we force, by this file or another, the display of the short name for the continental competition ?

Thank you!

Maybe try '<flags id="use_format" value="very_short" />'. It works with the nationality column within the person properties but I'm not 100% sure. 

53 minutes ago, Fwiedwice said:

Anyone have advice about this popup in the match?  It is the advice I believe when it popup it would overlay the left panel, Is there a panel that is associated with this? I'm trying to see If I can move it to another location.

Thanks
Screenshot2023-12-03155138.png.98d7177995ec800813ee393b6513c868.png

i'm pretty sure that if you go into

Match console panel

and remove the match feed widget

the popup will be gone

I have been looking around the forum for a fix to this issue but can't find anything anywhere. Not sure if it is a bug or if something has changed as this never used to be an issue until FM24.

I use attribute boxes on player and staff profiles and the values for the excellent threshold which seems to be 16-20 appear in black, while the rest appear in white. I would like them all to appear in white which it used to do in previous FM's.

The code I use is below.

<!-- Attribute value -->
			<record index="2" id="val" sort_disabled="true" column_alignment="centre" right="0">
				<record id="widget_info" class="attribute_label" alignment="centre" font="attributs2" style="semi_bold" multiline="false" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="false" appearance="boxes/custom/attributes/paper"/>
			</record>

image.thumb.png.12b98ed27b1b6f8d372fc71978915efb.png

Hello, I have this problem, I don't know why the attributes are seen the way they are in England. I tried restarting the game, clicking the "sort player attributes using the English order" option and it didn't work. I also don't know what the panel is called, or where I can find it. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it. thank you so much.

Spoiler

image.png.a00343376cb510c0ce32d370581bc5b2.png

Hope someone can help... used the default skin for a while, downloaded a few skins no issues.  But now there are certain players and screens where no matters what panels I change, they instantly revert back to whatever it was before the change.  For example, one of my players has "Plans" for every tile on his player profile and changing any of them won't save.  The other players do save.  My home screen is having the same issue, and it only started within the last few hours.

I'm assuming some config file is screwed up (I've tried turning caching on and off and reloading).  Is there a file I can delete to get back to just the pure vanilla FM24 skin so I can edit the tiles once again ingame?  Because even the default skin is having the same issue of making changes to the tiles and them not saving for certain players and screens (and when I say changing the tiles I mean the ingame tiles I'm not editing any game files or skin files)

4 hours ago, Nachote912 said:

Hello, I have this problem, I don't know why the attributes are seen the way they are in England. I tried restarting the game, clicking the "sort player attributes using the English order" option and it didn't work. I also don't know what the panel is called, or where I can find it. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it. thank you so much.

Hide contents

image.png.a00343376cb510c0ce32d370581bc5b2.png

If they are not ment to look like this, how are they then ment to be seen ?

1 minute ago, Dregganor said:

Hope someone can help... used the default skin for a while, downloaded a few skins no issues.  But now there are certain players and screens where no matters what panels I change, they instantly revert back to whatever it was before the change.  For example, one of my players has "Plans" for every tile on his player profile and changing any of them won't save.  The other players do save.  My home screen is having the same issue, and it only started within the last few hours.

I'm assuming some config file is screwed up (I've tried turning caching on and off and reloading).  Is there a file I can delete to get back to just the pure vanilla FM24 skin so I can edit the tiles once again ingame?  Because even the default skin is having the same issue of making changes to the tiles and them not saving for certain players and screens (and when I say changing the tiles I mean the ingame tiles I'm not editing any game files or skin files)

untick "use caching to decrease loading time"

untick "automatically overrise custom panel"

and your panels should be remembered again

3 minutes ago, snowofman said:

untick "use caching to decrease loading time"

untick "automatically overrise custom panel"

and your panels should be remembered again

Played this game since 2006 or 07 can't remember and didn't even know the override custom panel thing was an option, guess it was never an issue for me before and I just didn't notice it... I think that fixed it.  Thank you very much for the help and quick response.

1 minute ago, Dregganor said:

Played this game since 2006 or 07 can't remember and didn't even know the override custom panel thing was an option, guess it was never an issue for me before and I just didn't notice it... I think that fixed it.  Thank you very much for the help and quick response.

you're welcome :) 

4 minutes ago, snowofman said:

go into the file

team of the week.xml

and change the colour="white" to black or green etc

I tried on the actual player icon that is shown in the inbox, tactic icon team info panel or something to that effect, but doesn't work unfortunately. It might work on this panel though so i'll give it a go tomorrow.  

Tried all the style workarounds, only thing i can think of is hardcoding the font colour in a separate font file and linking the name to that. 

I know @GIMN got it working in his light skins, but i looked through and couldn't get it working 

5 minutes ago, HesTheReason said:

I tried on the actual player icon that is shown in the inbox, tactic icon team info panel or something to that effect, but doesn't work unfortunately. It might work on this panel though so i'll give it a go tomorrow.  

Tried all the style workarounds, only thing i can think of is hardcoding the font colour in a separate font file and linking the name to that. 

I know @GIMN got it working in his light skins, but i looked through and couldn't get it working 

If thats the case, then look in the

team of the week.fontxml

i just read the week/month in your message and 1st thought of file i wrote before

51 minutes ago, HesTheReason said:

Without knowing for sure, or looking in detail at the moment, I would imagine it is one of the many tactic icon files.  Quite often players on a pitch will be controlled by a tactics icon file which will be responsible for how the player appears (face, kit, dot, etc...) as well as how the name appears.  The specific one you need might be referenced in the team of the week.xml but, if not, it might end up being a case of trial and error, I'm afraid.

13 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Without knowing for sure, or looking in detail at the moment, I would imagine it is one of the many tactic icon files.  Quite often players on a pitch will be controlled by a tactics icon file which will be responsible for how the player appears (face, kit, dot, etc...) as well as how the name appears.  The specific one you need might be referenced in the team of the week.xml but, if not, it might end up being a case of trial and error, I'm afraid.

i found the file, i'll get the exact file name but it's something like tactics icon team info or something to that effect. 

Interestingly, your skin last year doesnt have the same file, so i'm stuck 

8 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

I have been looking around the forum for a fix to this issue but can't find anything anywhere. Not sure if it is a bug or if something has changed as this never used to be an issue until FM24.

I use attribute boxes on player and staff profiles and the values for the excellent threshold which seems to be 16-20 appear in black, while the rest appear in white. I would like them all to appear in white which it used to do in previous FM's.

The code I use is below.

<!-- Attribute value -->
			<record index="2" id="val" sort_disabled="true" column_alignment="centre" right="0">
				<record id="widget_info" class="attribute_label" alignment="centre" font="attributs2" style="semi_bold" multiline="false" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="false" appearance="boxes/custom/attributes/paper"/>
			</record>

image.thumb.png.12b98ed27b1b6f8d372fc71978915efb.png

It’s not a bug in the game, but they changed something with the fonts. So it’s not a coding issue. It has to do with the colour settings in the font you are using. See my screenshot, it works just depends on coding in the font itself.

IMG_3148.thumb.png.d47ee4d89bdc901079085b4728bf0d31.png

4 hours ago, a31632 said:

It’s not a bug in the game, but they changed something with the fonts. So it’s not a coding issue. It has to do with the colour settings in the font you are using. See my screenshot, it works just depends on coding in the font itself.

IMG_3148.thumb.png.d47ee4d89bdc901079085b4728bf0d31.png

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I use a custom font and I have checked the colour coding from this and it looks to be ok. I have also changed the font for the attributes to the "title" font and it still shows as black. My custom font that I am using is coded like this.

<record>
	<string id="file_name" value="sansbold.xml"/>

<integer id="fill_colour_red" value="240" />
  <integer id="fill_colour_green" value="240" />
  <integer id="fill_colour_blue" value="240" />
  <integer id="fill_colour_alpha" value="255" />

<list id="shadows">
		<record>
			<integer id="x_offset" value="1"/>
			<integer id="y_offset" value="1"/>
			<integer id="blur_radius" value="1"/>
			<integer id="colour_red" value="0"/>
			<integer id="colour_green" value="0"/>
			<integer id="colour_blue" value="0"/>
			<integer id="colour_alpha" value="200"/>
		</record>
	</list>

</record>

I am not sure if there is an issue somewhere else in the text.xml file or something.

6 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I use a custom font and I have checked the colour coding from this and it looks to be ok. I have also changed the font for the attributes to the "title" font and it still shows as black. My custom font that I am using is coded like this.

<record>

<list id="shadows">
		<record>
		</record>
	</list>

</record>

I am not sure if there is an issue somewhere else in the text.xml file or something.

have a look in the class folder for attribute_label 

6 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

<record>

<list id="shadows">
		<record>
		</record>
	</list>

</record>

<record>
    <string id="file_name" value="your_font.otf"/>

<integer id="gradient_upper_colour_red" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_green" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_blue" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_alpha" value="255"/>

<integer id="gradient_lower_colour_red" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_green" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_blue" value="250"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_alpha" value="255"/>

</record>

20231205_221500_Football_Manager_2024.png

1 hour ago, Saradiamanta said:

<record>
    <string id="file_name" value="your_font.otf"/>

<integer id="gradient_upper_colour_red" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_green" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_blue" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_alpha" value="255"/>

<integer id="gradient_lower_colour_red" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_green" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_blue" value="250"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_alpha" value="255"/>

</record>

20231205_221500_Football_Manager_2024.png

This seems to have fixed the issue. Looks like I needed to use "gradient_upper_colour" values to set the colour of the font.

hace 18 horas, snowofman dijo:

If they are not ment to look like this, how are they then ment to be seen ?

Hello brother, thanks for responding. It should look like this.

When you click in English, the first thing you see is the "corner kick" attribute in the Technique section. In the mental section the first thing you see is "aggressiveness" and in the physical section we see "acceleration."

Normally, when you are Spanish or from another country other than England, the only change is in the technical section where we see the "heading" attribute, the rest remains the same.

Spoiler

Spanish version

image.png.5a5b19192141852c8da18413c512f8bd.png

English version

image.png.60b8424a01858d11727350c0b587b894.png

1 hour ago, Nachote912 said:

Hello brother, thanks for responding. It should look like this.

When you click in English, the first thing you see is the "corner kick" attribute in the Technique section. In the mental section the first thing you see is "aggressiveness" and in the physical section we see "acceleration."

Normally, when you are Spanish or from another country other than England, the only change is in the technical section where we see the "heading" attribute, the rest remains the same.

Reveal hidden contents

Spanish version

image.png.5a5b19192141852c8da18413c512f8bd.png

English version

image.png.60b8424a01858d11727350c0b587b894.png

ahh now it makes sense, you're talking about the sorting of the attributes

From what i know, there seems to be a sorting issue between different pages, for for non english language users, 

i would believe it to be fixed in a update at some point.

I sadly don't have a solution for you. but i would raise it as a bug on the bug tracker if i were you

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Chxx0:

Anyone?I don't know the panel

Ok I didn' find the right panel.I use the fm 22 light skin Base.I changed some things but I can't find out how to make the Text readable (black).Perhaps a change in the settings.xml?

Edited by Chxx0

Is there anything I can do to change the name colour to secondary? changing the text colour in "player selection button tactics" somehow didnt work (yet it worked for the "pick player" section & the icon colour for the person button).  Also didnt work when I tried changing the text colour in "tactics icon info panel overview".

Screenshot 2023-12-05 175620.png

Screenshot 2023-12-05 175542.png

Edited by caoxide

18 minutes ago, yuanding said:

Which file controls the position of this bar? I want to move it down. Thanks!

new.png.89ef95139389c58021b42311ad46d0f2.png

It's position is set in client object browser.  Right near the bottom there is the match replay controls widget, with an inset.  Just need to mess around with the inset.

14 minutes ago, Pavel nedved said:

in the result of the game,when a game goes to extra time it doesnt write it instead we have this three dots. any idea if i can make something to make the box bigger?image.thumb.jpeg.4391ef50bf8740d4b05ca64d96228a89.jpeg

it's one of the competition fixture files

maybe

competition fixtures overview

or

competition fixtures item panel overview

but i'm not 100%, but

13 minutes ago, yuanding said:

I got a strange issue like the picture below. There is an empty brackets instead of the position of player! What happened? Which file had been modified incorrectly?

1.png.0233d69f969552ded81291aabd57f519.png

Just open the tactics screen during the match and go back after clicking on the cancel button. This sometimes happens after reloading skin during the match.

15 hours ago, caoxide said:

Is there anything I can do to change the name colour to secondary? changing the text colour in "player selection button tactics" somehow didnt work (yet it worked for the "pick player" section & the icon colour for the person button).  Also didnt work when I tried changing the text colour in "tactics icon info panel overview".

Screenshot 2023-12-05 175620.png

Screenshot 2023-12-05 175542.png

Any chance can I get some help? Am I looking at the wrong panel for specifically the player name?