FM23 England Level 10 Challenge

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First season down, and I agree with all that's been said in this thread since I started!

FM isn't built for these lower tiers, but I definitely enjoyed the season. Once we got in some decent players, we just kept on winning. Ended up only winning the league by a couple of points, but our two losses both came early on in the season.

image.thumb.png.2b6891d06a5e80cdc453b57c5df45b42.png

image.png.313e4adf193a53ed8692f2a6fdce0819.png

And that is what Kevin (lollujo) said in one video.

He was asked something to do with comparing his let's play - non-league to legend - with Jack's (Work the Space) version - park to Prem.

He said he had no interest in starting below national league north/south, i.e. the leagues FM comes with, because FM isn't built well for a leagues lower; e.g. the attributes are only out of 20, and they don't do the gulf between the leagues justice.

29 minutes ago, avzbruvz said:

He was asked something to do with comparing his let's play - non-league to legend - with Jack's (Work the Space) version - park to Prem.

He said he had no interest in starting below national league north/south, i.e. the leagues FM comes with, because FM isn't built well for a leagues lower; e.g. the attributes are only out of 20, and they don't do the gulf between the leagues justice.

Yeah i think the attributes would be better out of 30.

or 25 at least.

10 hours ago, avzbruvz said:

It is true,  but it can still be a lot of fun, and you can add your own challenges.  I'm currently in the editor making my Level 10 club a squad of players all with CA1 and a club rep of 20 to make it the lowest in the game.  It's going to be an Academy Intake only challenge. I doubt I'll ever get anywhere near Level 6.

Just now, lionel messi said:

very strange that then.

I just told him I'd give him more playing time, which is basically the same playing time as he already gets as it's what he's asked for. If he comes back to me to complain again, I'll just release him.

You know you must have gotten a good squad when 12 of your players leave to other clubs after a promotion. Most to the same tier we where in some to a club higher who have been relegated. Another season rebuild 

Barrow Town - Season 2 - 2023/24

Winners of the United Counties League Premier Division North - 20 points plus a Trophy

Awful cup performance (only played 6 cup ties all season):
Fell at the first hurdle in the FA Cup (Extra Preliminary Round)
Managed 1 win in the FA Vase before being knocked out on penalties in the 1st Round
Managed 2 wins in the United Counties League Cup before being knocked out in the 3rd Round

----

image.thumb.png.ce026b23af336f050b07d58287f1e104.png

Summary

image.thumb.png.bb6cafe66e8037126157c6ea720f7b82.png

Season one finished, and we very nearly did the treble. Had a perfect record in the league, won the FA Vase, but were edged out in the Midland League Cup final. That's 40 points.

image.thumb.jpeg.7713a90c4e088ec4ced73ab74c3aebbc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d15a12f3d923f45c343ff8df436842bd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.12bfdef0e9c9c6db7e98452b2d9d164e.jpeg

This made me laugh...

image.jpeg.a4bf1012aaacd1eb7740994dae59e71d.jpeg

Edited by fcunitedfan

I think I'm about to lose pretty much every one of my players. All of them have been offered contracts by bigger clubs, and are unwilling to enter contract discussions with me... Looks like I'll be doing a massive team rebuild during pre-season (once the chairman takeover is finished).

16 minutes ago, fcunitedfan said:

I think I'm about to lose pretty much every one of my players. All of them have been offered contracts by bigger clubs, and are unwilling to enter contract discussions with me... Looks like I'll be doing a massive team rebuild during pre-season (once the chairman takeover is finished).

Yeah it always happens lol

FINALLY!! They'd better not sack me, and they'd better give me lots and lots of money to play with! :lol:

image.thumb.jpeg.8bd2d0af0be4904f8ddf07623b873108.jpeg

Edit: £500? £500?!? After all the battling to buy the club, he gives us £500... Oh, and he's halved the transfer budget we had before he took over. This fella can sell the club again if he wants.

image.thumb.jpeg.d78b2cbe6390569531842d9c5bf5d451.jpeg

Edited by fcunitedfan

11 minutes ago, fcunitedfan said:

FINALLY!! They'd better not sack me, and they'd better give me lots and lots of money to play with! :lol:

image.thumb.jpeg.8bd2d0af0be4904f8ddf07623b873108.jpeg

Edit: £500? £500?!? After all the battling to buy the club, he gives us £500... Oh, and he's halved the transfer budget we had before he took over. This fella can sell the club again if he wants.

image.thumb.jpeg.d78b2cbe6390569531842d9c5bf5d451.jpeg

i was going to ask for some money, but i wont bother now lol.

i am in big debt though.

3 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

i was going to ask for some money, but i wont bother now lol.

i am in big debt though.

We've currently got just under £50K in our balance. Having to pay appearance fees will eat into that quickly.

Edited by fcunitedfan

OK, follow up question from a conversation about the kind of contract we can offer players at this level, even after going semi-pro. If we're only allowed to offer non-contract "contracts" to players with appearance fees and such, how come we can offer proper contracts to staff with a wage and an expiry date?

image.png.e651f85a7d92c7228763cb9efc84c798.png

Title secured (and with two games to go). We also enjoyed a good run in the FA Vase but ultimately fell to defeat in the semi-final.

image.png.17a4ff7b7f4106147d82d27745468ce4.png

Best attack and second-best defence in the league. My player of the year has to be Aaron Lomas - the striker only joined us in October but bagged 33 league goals in 19 starts, and added another 7 goals in the cup competitions. Keeping him around for next season will be my top priority.

4 hours ago, fcunitedfan said:

500 quid is absolutely outrageous :D if that's what it takes I'll go in on buying a level 9 club, who's in? 

Mentioned above but the constant offers for your players is driving me mad. I actually struggled to release a player because he was receiving offers every day, took weeks. If anyone's played Mount & Blade at these levels it feels exactly like the AI village raiding in that game. At one point Billericay and FC Utd of Manchester had 6 offers each which covered my entire first team. FC Utd took 4 starters over the course of a season, sorry @fcunitedfan  but I hate them now!

8 hours ago, kraftberk said:

500 quid is absolutely outrageous :D if that's what it takes I'll go in on buying a level 9 club, who's in? 

Mentioned above but the constant offers for your players is driving me mad. I actually struggled to release a player because he was receiving offers every day, took weeks. If anyone's played Mount & Blade at these levels it feels exactly like the AI village raiding in that game. At one point Billericay and FC Utd of Manchester had 6 offers each which covered my entire first team. FC Utd took 4 starters over the course of a season, sorry @fcunitedfan  but I hate them now!

Hahaha. Sounds like they hate your club, so the hatred for them is justified.

I'm left with 4 players from all the players I signed at the start of and throughout the first season... Cheeky sods are even offering contracts to players who I managed to get to sign new contracts just a few ingame days earlier. Oh, and then there's my staffing situation, which is pretty much the same.

Restarting at Hackney Wick.

I have decided to start over with the updated database. I failed in three straight seasons of being promoted out of level 9 with Saffron Dynamo, each season falling just short, so now it is time for me to impress the 7 season ticket holders of Hackney Wick...

So my score resets to zero.

hackney wick.jpg

Edited by kamacdonaldphoto
Typo

Thought I'd play a bit before work today.

And just had beat a League 1 side in the FA Cup 1st round, as a tier 9 team!

We went 1-0 up and were playing well, so I was too scared to touch anything tactically, or with subs.

And the best bit is that we earnt 41k for the win, plus 50k because it was on TV!

image.thumb.png.1860799ffc4574cd638dca7f044beafe.png

All Roads Lead to Radstock (again) - Season #1 22/23 

Radstock, the home of shattered dreams and lost hope; a place so stuck in time that it would take the heroics of its football club to claw this town back from the depths of obscurity. 

That football club is the never-famous Radstock Town Football Club. A club so devoid of success, that they have not won a trophy since the 1985, when the Miners finally got their hands on the highly coveted but sadly now defunct Somerset Senior Cup. Now loitering in the doldrums of the tenth tier of the English football pyramid, Radstock Town has lost its winning mentality.

Bringing with him a thirst for success and the imagination needed to make those dreams a reality, not to mention a dashing tache, Radstock's Gaffer Mike Dando hit the ground running in the 2022/23 season. Working within his limited means, Mike was only able to bring in fresh talent when his players left for pastures new, and was restricted to local has-beens that reached the cusp of the football league - albeit more than 15 years ago in some cases - or youth prospects from other teams in the Western League Division 1. Despite these limitations, Dando had a dandy debut season at the helm, taking Radstock Town to the 9th tier of English football for the first time in their history, and did that as Champions. 

image.thumb.png.bb041109487121ceebd9c6c8137bd457.png 

Dando didn't do this alone and credit is owed primarily to striker, Cameron Allen. Allen, who spent his youth career at nearby Bristol City, was passed around on loan to various clubs in Somerset and Wiltshire but sadly never really got the chance to shine with a prolonged place in a first team squad. This all changed when he joined Radstock Town as the club's record earner, bringing home £20 per game + £4 for every goal he scored - and boy did he take advantage of that bonus. In all competitions, Allen scored a breath-taking 58 goals in 45 matches, playing in all but 1 competitive match for Radstock. He comfortably won a clean sweep at the Western League Division 1 awards ceremony, where a generous buffet and drinks tokens were available, taking home the Golden Boot and Player of the Season, as well as the division's Team of the Year. Radstock hasn't ever seen a player of his calibre and talent, so Allen's inclusion as the club's first Icon is not surprising. 

image.thumb.png.87ef91ad3d03c80e037a6e5c234f7586.png

Competition Number of Times Won Points
Western League Division 1 1 15

Total   15