FM23 England Level 10 Challenge

40 minutes ago, fcunitedfan said:

Is Vanarama North/South also when you can start offering proper contracts, with expiry dates and actual weekly wages?

yes i think so.

I was able to offer part-time contracts towards the end of my season in the regional premier divisions.

I secured promotion quite early

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some excellent seasons going on above congrats everyone! After some enforced time off (Christmas hey) picked up the save again. We got promoted into the United Counties League Premier Division South which meant we were in the same league as crosstown rivals Lutterworth Town! Having been knocked out of all cups before I got the job last year it also meant a chance to pick up some points for the challenge...

1662198676_Screenshot2022-12-30at14_40_32.thumb.png.c1c9b9e52de5bc4bf7fa8883bbf803e0.png

Overall, a great season, not as much chopping and changing as last year so will see how much of the squad we can keep together. Between the constant stream of teams offering your players contracts and breaking loads of promises to upgrade the facilities I'm not optimistic. Finances were a bit ropey all year after I forgot to turn off the scouting package, so the Vase win was a relief. Maybe the board will let me do a coaching course now :D

Some key players stats:

Spoiler

989069945_Screenshot2022-12-30at14_57_51.thumb.png.dbcbf36f4709bf76355e4b1a9e6cae16.png

And the most important results of the season:

Spoiler

432670525_Screenshot2022-12-30at14_41_01.thumb.png.67d95ab6e0e5ec691c329fd742382b59.png

NEWPORT ISLE OF WIGHT 2022/23 Season. 

Very good season, quite easy.

Wessex league cup disappointment. I hope to win this competition next year. :D

I make it a condition to only recruit 100% English players and staff ;)

image.thumb.png.1674e3714c87a2c97fff6ec51c1e90c4.pngimage.thumb.png.d23b8f37faa1fe3595f54758a6120e57.png

Edited by caragreg

12 hours ago, Hanxvirenk208 said:

Howdy,

How do you get the logos for the Level 10 teams?

Thanks.

There are logo packs out there which contain some level 10 logos. I especially like the metallic logo packs. They just look nicer. Montpelier Villa's club logo wasn't in the pack I downloaded, so I had to make a metallic looking logo for the club in Photoshop.

1 hour ago, fcunitedfan said:

There are logo packs out there which contain some level 10 logos. I especially like the metallic logo packs. They just look nicer. Montpelier Villa's club logo wasn't in the pack I downloaded, so I had to make a metallic looking logo for the club in Photoshop.

Thank you!  I found them. 

2 hours ago, fcunitedfan said:

Is your teams logo in the pack? 

Yes, it is.  Thank you!

South Liverpool is the team.  My manager profile:

image.thumb.png.6d428b0448f69f05d1b751addfa476cc.png

Currently finishing my second season on Level 10.   I will post an update soon.

My first season:  Zero points --  :)  --  2nd in the League (loss in the play-off final), lost the FA Vase final, out early in the League Cup.

4 minutes ago, Hanxvirenk208 said:

Yes, it is.  Thank you!

South Liverpool is the team.  My manager profile:

image.thumb.png.6d428b0448f69f05d1b751addfa476cc.png

Currently finishing my second season on Level 10.   I will post an update soon.

My first season:  Zero points --  :)  --  2nd in the League (loss in the play-off final), lost the FA Vase final, out early in the League Cup.

Unlucky in the league and FA Vase. Fingers crossed for promotion in your second season. Oh, and here's the logo I made metallic myself. It's not exactly the same as the ones in the pack, but it's very close...

2000230162.png

4 minutes ago, fcunitedfan said:

I can't even offer my current players new contracts as they'll want more than that...

Yeah, that's part of the challenge. Often at non-league level you'll only be able to offer contracts in the VNN/VNS and even then maybe not to all of your squad. So you have to let some players go and replace them as usual.

Down at the lower levels of the pyramid most if not all clubs will be amateur, so no contracts. When you get to EFL L2 level, all clubs have to be professional and *must* have all players on contracts. In between you have the semi-pro* clubs where what you can offer your players is entirely dependent on what the board will allow/can afford.

* Some clubs will turn pro in the Vanarama National League and might maintain that status if they get relegated to VNN/VNS; ditto for clubs relegated from L2.

1 minute ago, warlock said:

Yeah, that's part of the challenge. Often at non-league level you'll only be able to offer contracts in the VNN/VNS and even then maybe not to all of your squad. So you have to let some players go and replace them as usual.

Down at the lower levels of the pyramid most if not all clubs will be amateur, so no contracts. When you get to EFL L2 level, all clubs have to be professional and *must* have all players on contracts. In between you have the semi-pro* clubs where what you can offer your players is entirely dependent on what the board will allow/can afford.

* Some clubs will turn pro in the Vanarama National League and might maintain that status if they get relegated to VNN/VNS; ditto for clubs relegated from L2.

I knew about level 7 and above, but didn't know about level 8 and below. So, why did my club turn semi-pro when they gained promotion to level 9, if in real life they'd only be able to offer amateur contracts? I can't offer amateur contracts now...

I can't offer amateur contracts now...

That sounds odd. I've been able to offer - and had players accept - non-contract terms at level 6, even when the majority of players were on part-time contracts.

Can you actually not offer them, or is it that the players you're targeting won't accept them?

why did my club turn semi-pro when they gained promotion to level 9, if in real life they'd only be able to offer amateur contracts?

Well, I don't know that there's a hard rule in real life; I'd guess it all comes down to the board (and boards can be weird in game and IRL). Maybe they looked at your promotion and thought, "This is a club that's going places. Let's turn semi-pro", and then were confronted by the financial realities and could only find the money for appearance fees. I can't offer you a solid explanation, I'm afraid.

Edited by warlock

Our second season just ended.  We won the North West Counties League Division 1 North -  15 points.

Out early in the Cups.

We are turning semi-professional in a month.

The last two games of the league our rival was the same ... is this normal?  (See below)

image.thumb.png.47959d2cdcf482e09b9bab9f4fea3b6d.png

image.thumb.png.bc308f7b4c786b8116af9f26474235d7.png

1 hour ago, Hanxvirenk208 said:

Our second season just ended.  We won the North West Counties League Division 1 North -  15 points.

Out early in the Cups.

The last two games of the league our rival was the same ... is this normal?  (See below)

I dont think it normally happens like that but it could be due to games being re-arranged due to cups and stuff.

I have not seen it happen before and no one else has reported it happening has of yet.

8 hours ago, warlock said:

That sounds odd. I've been able to offer - and had players accept - non-contract terms at level 6, even when the majority of players were on part-time contracts.

Can you actually not offer them, or is it that the players you're targeting won't accept them?

Well, I don't know that there's a hard rule in real life; I'd guess it all comes down to the board (and boards can be weird in game and IRL). Maybe they looked at your promotion and thought, "This is a club that's going places. Let's turn semi-pro", and then were confronted by the financial realities and could only find the money for appearance fees. I can't offer you a solid explanation, I'm afraid.

Now the leagues have reset, it's allowing me to offer £170 in appearance fees. That's much better.

4 hours ago, Hanxvirenk208 said:

Out early in the Cups.

Was a match against them postponed due to it clashing with another match, or maybe a waterlogged pitch (I've not actually seen the waterlogged pitch thing yet this year during any of my saves)?

No! Power just went out in my flat, and I was halfway through saving my game. I really hope it saved properly.

Edit: Turns out all the houses down my road lost power. No idea how long it's going to take to come back on... 

Edited by fcunitedfan

so the challenge begins never managed this low down before. I had only 3 players so a full recurit had to happen. I havent picked up many players in the season settled with the players i have recurited at the start unless i had to replace due to injuries or players moving on.

Im 4 games to go in my first season. Just about to start my first coaching badge too.

i havent been able to sign some of the players that have been mentioned here far superior quality ones just yet.

simni.png

2 hours ago, wheatoplays said:

Was a match against them postponed due to it clashing with another match, or maybe a waterlogged pitch (I've not actually seen the waterlogged pitch thing yet this year during any of my saves)?

I'm not sure.  Its schedule was not busy.

1 hour ago, syemo said:

so the challenge begins never managed this low down before. I had only 3 players so a full recurit had to happen. I havent picked up many players in the season settled with the players i have recurited at the start unless i had to replace due to injuries or players moving on.

Im 4 games to go in my first season. Just about to start my first coaching badge too.

i havent been able to sign some of the players that have been mentioned here far superior quality ones just yet.

simni.png

I started getting the Vanarama N/S quality players around October and November, when the scouts started recommending them to me during scouting updates. The few Vanarama National players were recommended around February, which coincided with us looking like we were about to sew up the top spot in the league.

As mentioned on the Discord, I'm starting again with the updated database to make it a bit more challenging. 

Also enforcing a few additional rules for realism/immersion, namely:

• Until we have an actual scout network (3 scouts + head scout with at least 8/8 for judging potential and current ability), we can only sign players that meet the following criteria:
    • Based in Somerset. This includes players born in Somerset, or their last club was a Somerset based club e.g. Bath City, Yeovil Town etc.
    • Playing for a club in the same or surrounding divisions. Surrounding divisions limited to the division below and above, not others at the same tier. 
  • Until we become a professional club. We can only proactively upgrade 3 players per season. However, we can replace players who leave on their own accord, either by poaching or leaving at the end of their contracts. 
  • We should try to prioritise players from our youth academy where possible. No hard rule, but I'm aiming for a minimum of 5 club homegrown players in the match squad for each game, injuries permitting. This philosophy also extends to recruitment, where local lads will only be replaced for significant upgrades. I will also look to select my captains from our group of homegrown players. 

image.thumb.png.a34df9aeceac65a2214186e87019f170.png