FM23 England Level 10 Challenge

Ridiculously frustrated by this game at the moment. Not sure what I need to do to get over the line. We did improve this year though...our best points tally at this level and half the number of defeats of the previous fewest. But I don't see how we get any better than this, to be honest.

image.thumb.png.23783a5621eea9a760679f08ebe2fedf.pngimage.png.723725d9e77138a6cc23b66617351a17.png

image.png.f2bcd16e9d9cef7cdc5f1668324c11f2.png

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All Roads Lead to Radstock - Season #10 31/32

For most people, the pressure of managing a football team would be too much. But Mike Dando is not most people. Throughout his decade at the helm of Radstock Town, a side completely unknown outside of their district, he has shown the grit, passion and imagination necessary to prove all those who have underestimate him along the way. After each promotion, the armchair experts at home and in the media predicted that that plucky Radstock had finally reached their ceiling, and each time Dando proved them wrong. Now, in his tenth season, Mike Dando has taken Radstock to the zenith of English football, the Premier League - his final and hardest challenge in the domestic game.

It wasn't just the league where Radstock shone. After failing to win a single EFL Cup match in any of their previous three seasons, Radstock Town enjoyed an astonishing run that saw them through to the Semi-Final, including a huge upset in the Quarter-Final against the eventual Premier League champions, Man City. After a thrilling 3-3 draw, where Radstock showed the determination and spirit to come from behind three times, Dando's men held their nerve to win on penalties.   

image.thumb.png.9d093e0f121ad691e0f3e522cdceea5c.png

Radstock's board has supported Dando with continued investment that has given the club one of the best youth academies in the country. This year's class was especially impressive, boasting some players that have the potential to be superstars for the club for years to come.

image.png

And to get the club ready for top flight football, a brand new stadium is finally being built as the club says goodbye to Yeovil Town's Huish Park, a ground that Radstock has called home since the National League South. While the Radstock Town Stadium is being built, the club will ground share at Bristol City's 27,000 all-seater stadium, Ashton Gate.

image.png

Competition Number of Times Won Points
Western League Division 1 1 15
Western League Premier Division 1 20
Southern League Division 1 South 1 30
Southern League Premier South 1 35
Vanarama National League South 1 46
Vanarama National League 1 72
League 2 0 85
League 1 1 107
Championship 1 132

Total   542

Seventh season complete and we this is the first time we didn't get promoted. We came so close though.

We finished the league stage in 6th, and after taking the lead in the playoff final, in front of over 50,000, we had a man sent off and ended up losing to Forest Green Rovers.

Definitely was a better season than I expected, but we go again next year.

image.thumb.png.85c89654a386f5aedb009b9c285f1a49.png

Edited by avzbruvz
Incorrect information

5 hours ago, avzbruvz said:

Seventh season complete and we this is the first time we didn't get promoted. We came so close though.

We finished the league stage in 6th, and after taking the lead in the playoff final, in front of over 50,000, we had a man sent off and ended up losing to Forest Green Rovers.

Definitely was a better season than I expected, but we go again next year.

image.thumb.png.85c89654a386f5aedb009b9c285f1a49.png

unlucky, better luck next season

We won the league, but it was up until the final day of competition.  Whitehawk lead the group for most part of the season, and we at the midseason was just fighting for the fifth or sixth places, then we bounced and made some good runs.

image.png.8d0c9f6d8b24414e1d70cb6d23562103.png

`So far:

image.png.6a7addec78b69b8485c4fe4eb1700be0.png

image.png.6a8faf78ec6ce2277154a91b9f183f0b.png

image.png.c3437a2ed51a5f0c6683037c1e2d4d67.png

After winning the first six games in a new league, conceding just two goals, I wasn't expecting it to take until the third-last game for us to secure our place in the league. I'd have taken it at the very start of the season, but 29 points from the last 36 games is a real worry. Slightly concerning that the attendance dipped despite a promotion but I suppose those last 36 games will lead to losing some support!

image.thumb.png.e8d372e0286aa1533cd2eb14c43aa495.png

image.png.ac63f4d9b388faa73dc8f7d41dc03f1d.png

Thank you for showing off this challenge. First time I've done it and the club closest to me at Level 10 is Wellingborough Whitworth of the Spartan South Midland League Division One. Let's do this. 

2023-03-03.png

All Roads Lead to Radstock - Season #11 32/33

After their team's historic rise through the English football pyramid, Radstock's football-mad community was awash with excitement for the first season in the Premier League. Starting off with a respectable loss against Newcastle and draws against Leicester and Brentford, Radstock Town announced to the world that they had arrived and wouldn't be the pushovers predicted by the media. The jump in quality was noticeable, particularly in defence with goals much harder to come by as Radstock broke their own team record for games without a goal twice during poor runs in October and December. Those were the only periods during an otherwise impressive season, which saw them do the double over Man Utd, as well as a memorable 3-0 home win against Arsenal, and scoring 12 goals across 2 matches against Wolves. After a long barren period in the middle of the season, Owen Kane scored some key goals on his way to reaching double figures for the season in the league.

Easy wins against League 1 and League 2 opponents kicked off Radstock's FA Cup run before a tough tie against Spurs at home. 4 goals in the first 13 minutes saw off the current holders, before the Miners disappointingly lost 3-0 to Brighton in the quarter final. The less said about the club's early exit from the Carabao Cup the better.

image.thumb.png.60ea309c530ddbde5d0353e13357fb77.png

Competition Number of Times Won Points
Western League Division 1 1 15
Western League Premier Division 1 20
Southern League Division 1 South 1 30
Southern League Premier South 1 35
Vanarama National League South 1 46
Vanarama National League 1 72
League 2 0 85
League 1 1 107
Championship 1 132

Total   542

Edited by Hitbox

Forth season went amazingly well in the league, claiming top spot in early March and finishing a massive 25 points clear of second place! Harrison Nee was again my personal choice for player of the season with a massive 49 goals, all in the league. Hes going to be mad at me soon though after I failed again to improve the training facilities, this could lead to a problem as he wont sign a new contract so will be sticking to his pay as you play deal.

image.thumb.png.12b3d4c668cdbf29ace48452c79e3eef.png

Being able to offer the whole squad part-time contracts will be good as I'm over £200k in the red so need to try and sell a few players for profit if I can, although Tier 6 may be too low to get that kind of money back in the coffers. ne things for sure though, its going to be a busy summer trailing free agents!

Hello,

I still play in the southern first division and it seems my technish manager cannot get good players for free.

Every year i watch what he found but now i promoted 2 times there are no good players that he can find.

Somebody know how to get good players that can be better than the players i already have?

Great season in total but heartbroken about the league cup final loss - we lost 2-1 after they had 2 shots on target, one being a penalty and a player of mine got red carded for elbowing someone. Great.

image.thumb.png.ef50dde9b154fe1d1bcb9a31894fa889.png

1 hour ago, robertgee said:

Am I right in thinking the new changes for the winter update match engine won't effect this database?

I've got a save going and my tactic is working great at the moment.

Cheers

The changes to the match engine should work in a ongoing save correct me if im wrong people.

8 hours ago, OugaBagga said:

Absolutely nothing to report this season, I flirted with relegation briefly but a tactical tweak turned things around 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Bloody hell, I'm drawn to the 24th-place spot, what happened to Birmingham? Thats one major fall from grace

4 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

Bloody hell, I'm drawn to the 24th-place spot, what happened to Birmingham? Thats one major fall from grace

Its their debts and they pay 1.5 million a year for their stadium.

They did the same on my save and have not managed to get back out of the national league as of yet.

Edited by lionel messi

7 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

Financial troubles due to the stadium rent and they've just tumbled down the leagues, once I've completed this challenge I may try and build Birmingham back up

4 hours ago, OugaBagga said:

Financial troubles due to the stadium rent and they've just tumbled down the leagues, once I've completed this challenge I may try and build Birmingham back up

Would love to hear about that, good luck tho

I usually play youth only, but I thought I'd give this a go and have a save where I actually buy players. So since I'm a sucker for pain, I elected this challenge. I've taken over Penzance because why not. I also fixed up a logo and some kits that somewhat resembles what I could find thanks to google.

aBK0oBF.png

W1DgEJn.png

1hyCrSC.png

7 hours ago, XaW said:

I usually play youth only, but I thought I'd give this a go and have a save where I actually buy players. So since I'm a sucker for pain, I elected this challenge. I've taken over Penzance because why not. I also fixed up a logo and some kits that somewhat resembles what I could find thanks to google.

aBK0oBF.png

W1DgEJn.png

1hyCrSC.png

Welcome to the challenge and good luck

Evening Everyone!

Just signed myself up for this challenge, thanks for the database @lionel messi

My journey is with "Holland"... no not that one, but effectively Holland on Sea (just down the beach from Clacton)

This one struck a chord with me as where I regularly take the family there for a day at the seaside... the fact the club have tapped into the orange of the dutch national team and go by the name Holland, seemed a good narrative too!

Now to get to work!

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 18.54.18.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 19.39.58.jpg

Edited by Connor

1 hour ago, Connor said:

Evening Everyone!

Just signed myself up for this challenge, thanks for the database @lionel messi

My journey is with "Holland"... no not that one, but effectively Holland on Sea (just down the beach from Clacton)

This one struck a chord with me as where I regularly take the family there for a day at the seaside... the fact the club have tapped into the orange of the dutch national team and go by the name Holland, seemed a good narrative too!

Now to get to work!

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 18.54.18.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 19.39.58.jpg

Good luck and welcome to the challenge.

PuVVu7t.png

Chester-le-Street United-Northern League Division 2 2022-2023

This was a bit of the unknown kind season for me I have never been this low down before,

League Table- we managed to end our season in 18th position with the media expecting us to finish in 20th place i thought we did well as you can see by 

Past positions - graph.

Fa Vase - Seaham Red star beat us 3 1 in a game where we never turned up to be honest had an average  player rate of 6 .6.

Northern League Cup-  Willington beat us on pens in a really good game was disappointing to loose but proud f the team. 

Squad - Not really sure what to make of it to be honest still room to improve it.

Transfer History - I have no money so been buying free transfers. 

Finances- we have a net debt of £10,490 and a wage budget of £653 p/w not much to play with just yet. 

Key Player Profiles:

Martin Jedinák - He was the team top scorer with 15 goals this season.

Mamadou Djabi- A player signed late in the January transfer window was bought in to help the forwards and had decent return from him.

Joseph Ouattara- Winger was solid had created most of the assist too. 

Chay Christensen- Defender was solid why he is the captain.

Career Overview :

Season            Leauge                    Position        Acchievments 
2022-2023       Northern Leauge 2              18th            none

next season:

Going to try a new formation and hopefully it wont take long to  for players to get used to it , also hope can get a few more members of staff and players . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2023 at 16:58, GreyedOutMan said:

Ridiculously frustrated by this game at the moment. Not sure what I need to do to get over the line. We did improve this year though...our best points tally at this level and half the number of defeats of the previous fewest. But I don't see how we get any better than this, to be honest.

image.thumb.png.23783a5621eea9a760679f08ebe2fedf.pngimage.png.723725d9e77138a6cc23b66617351a17.png

image.png.f2bcd16e9d9cef7cdc5f1668324c11f2.png

Ended up giving up on this save, it got very boring. But now there's a level 11 database, I might have another go with Kensington Dragons for real. Anyone know if there's a Level 11 challenge or can I just post in here?

On 23/04/2023 at 12:49, GreyedOutMan said:

Ended up giving up on this save, it got very boring. But now there's a level 11 database, I might have another go with Kensington Dragons for real. Anyone know if there's a Level 11 challenge or can I just post in here?

Similar problem here:  After three promotions,  I cannot leave the relegation positions at this 7th level.

I am going to try 442 Route One with a tall TM.

What tactic can anybody recommend at this level? 

I also struggle with scouting.  How do you get good loans?

On 24/04/2023 at 04:49, GreyedOutMan said:

I believe this is only for Lionel Messi's level 10 database, perhaps go into FMCU and post it somewhere there