FM23 England Level 10 Challenge

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Can we see a screenshot of the rest of your profile so that no coaching badges have been added and you are starting with sunday league footballer reputation.

Good luck with the challenge.

Oh no! i think i've messed up already as i didn't realise there was a lower option than National C Licence! assumed you had to have something to be a manager so chose the lowest one! Does this make a huge impact?

i've spent hours building this team! 

image.thumb.png.d63b100ec17a1c06f15f12a7720c710e.png

15 minutes ago, tomline89 said:

Oh no! i think i've messed up already as i didn't realise there was a lower option than National C Licence! assumed you had to have something to be a manager so chose the lowest one! Does this make a huge impact?

i've spent hours building this team! 

image.thumb.png.d63b100ec17a1c06f15f12a7720c710e.png

I will let this slight mishap go seeing as you still chose sunday league reputation and you only chose national C license as there is not that much difference.

Just be mindful of the rules next time.

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

I will let this slight mishap go seeing as you still chose sunday league reputation and you only chose national C license as there is not that much difference.

Just be mindful of the rules next time.

That seems fair. It doesn't take long to get a national C license in the game. In fact, Claus is already studying for his. Maybe wait 6 months or so before applying for a national B license, to balance it out.

From 17th on the 28th of November to playoff winners, game could have been slightly easier on my nerves though:

451569852_Screenshot2022-12-20at20_33_32.thumb.png.05b6ac6f104de37c03cc115b0615af77.png

Final Table: 

760977755_Screenshot2022-12-20at20_39_46.thumb.png.aa64165c238aee2b2e158aa8c7f99de5.png

Lowest level I'd ever managed before was Ithsmian Prem, quite fun chopping and changing constantly with amateur contracts, I'd made 13 signings by the time the window shut :D.

Edited by kraftberk

6 minutes ago, kraftberk said:

From 17th on the 28th of November to playoff winners, game could have been slightly easier on my nerves though:

451569852_Screenshot2022-12-20at20_33_32.thumb.png.05b6ac6f104de37c03cc115b0615af77.png

Final Table: 

760977755_Screenshot2022-12-20at20_39_46.thumb.png.aa64165c238aee2b2e158aa8c7f99de5.png

Lowest level I'd ever managed before was Ithsmian Prem, quite fun chopping and changing constantly with amateur contracts, I'd made 13 signings by the the window shut :D.

I've signed 23 players, and I'm only in September... :lol:

Great work on clawing back to a promotion spot, and gaining promotion.

9 minutes ago, kraftberk said:

Final Table: 

Lowest level I'd ever managed before was Ithsmian Prem, quite fun chopping and changing constantly with amateur contracts, I'd made 13 signings by the the window shut :D.

Another one on the leaderboard

4 minutes ago, wheatoplays said:

I've signed 23 players, and I'm only in September... :lol:

Great work on clawing back to a promotion spot, and gaining promotion.

Clearing out all those autogen numpties was great, never seen star ratings of players drop so fast! 

2 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Another one on the leaderboard

Hopefully can start adding some cups as well now!

2 minutes ago, kraftberk said:

Clearing out all those autogen numpties was great, never seen star ratings of players drop so fast! 

Hopefully can start adding some cups as well now!

I think I have one player left from all the players I started the save with, and he'll probably be gone soon if I can find a good backup keeper.

13 minutes ago, wheatoplays said:

I think I have one player left from all the players I started the save with, and he'll probably be gone soon if I can find a good backup keeper.

Needed to make room for Cocks and Dicks clearly.

Wrt speed, after the first few competitive games of the season I'll play on max speed 2D key highlights, only go back to 3D and slower if it's going bad.

1 minute ago, kraftberk said:

Needed to make room for Cocks and Dicks clearly.

Wrt speed, after the first few competitive games of the season I'll play on max speed 2D key highlights, only go back to 3D and slower if it's going bad.

:lol:

Gotta have plenty of room for those!

I'm about 12 matches in, so I'm doing OK for pacing right now. I'm trying not to bring anyone else into the squad unless someone leaves or I see someone I can't turn down the chance to sign. That's speeding things up a bit. Not having to do press conferences all the time is helping with the speed of the season as well.

First season finished and, early League Cup exit aside, it couldn't have gone much better! I was worried that having to wait a full month between the last league game and the Vase final might hurt us, but we won comfortably in the end.

Now the struggle to keep hold of my best players begins...

image.thumb.png.e55329e622c136cdd108eeaafdaa9cbe.png

image.thumb.png.74ea176d48a5f929fc53a53318c5cb08.png

image.thumb.png.d29d56388d02345de20f27eec9d369d6.png

12 hours ago, WITW said:

First season finished and, early League Cup exit aside, it couldn't have gone much better! I was worried that having to wait a full month between the last league game and the Vase final might hurt us, but we won comfortably in the end.

Now the struggle to keep hold of my best players begins...

Excellent job, doing the league and FA Vase double!

Inspired by @Stuniverse's career thread - and the great work done by @lionel messi - I've decided to give this challenge a go. Here's my profile:

image.thumb.png.11cbc9027b00061d68900a965c1ed618.png

Introducing Nobby Charlton, named after two of the legends from England's 1966 World Cup winning squad. And my chosen team:

image.thumb.png.2b0e482d977b28ef8c2767a8d9a1e794.png

Easington Colliery is a tiny former coal mining village in County Durham, roughly halfway between Sunderland to the north and MIddlesbrough to the south. I do have a close connection with the village - my dad started work at the pit at the age of 15. Luckily he didn't work below ground; I, on the other hand, have been down the mine, on a school trip in the early '70s. The coal seams stretch out far beneath the North Sea, making it a terrifying (and damp) experience.

As you'll see from the date in the screenshot, I have played through pre-season and the first few competitive matches, just to make sure the save was going to stick. We're predicted to finish outside the playoff places, but I think we might do better than that. 

13 minutes ago, warlock said:

Inspired by @Stuniverse's career thread - and the great work done by @lionel messi - I've decided to give this challenge a go. Here's my profile:

image.thumb.png.11cbc9027b00061d68900a965c1ed618.png

Introducing Nobby Charlton, named after two of the legends from England's 1966 World Cup winning squad. And my chosen team:

image.thumb.png.2b0e482d977b28ef8c2767a8d9a1e794.png

Easington Colliery is a tiny former coal mining village in County Durham, roughly halfway between Sunderland to the north and MIddlesbrough to the south. I do have a close connection with the village - my dad started work at the pit at the age of 15. Luckily he didn't work below ground; I, on the other hand, have been down the mine, on a school trip in the early '70s. The coal seams stretch out far beneath the North Sea, making it a terrifying (and damp) experience.

As you'll see from the date in the screenshot, I have played through pre-season and the first few competitive matches, just to make sure the save was going to stick. We're predicted to finish outside the playoff places, but I think we might do better than that. 

welcome to the party and good luck

13 minutes ago, wheatoplays said:

At what level do clubs normally go from amateur to semi-pro. As great as it is not paying my players anything to play for the club, I don't like that they can be signed by any other team at any point.

You have the option at Level 9 to turn semi-pro then offer non contracts

2 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I always go semi-pro when i get the chance.

I dont know if its better or not, but i think you can keep hold of your players a bit more easily

That seems the main advantage, and maybe better training and player progression.

Radstock is not a significant town in the grand scheme of things. But if Radstock Town's first season under the stewardship of local lad, Tom Johnson is anything to go by, it could be the home of something special in the years to come.

Leveraging the power, affordability and, frankly, unfathomable desirability of amateur contracts, The Miners managed to attract some of the finest players ever to grace the tenth tier of English football. With this elite squad of Premier and Football League youth team cast offs, they set about destroying records one by one. Spearheaded by frontman Jaylan Wildbore, who scored enough goals to make Haaland blush, Radstock Town became treble winners, bringing some of the country's most coveted silverware to the Mendip Hills. 

It's now June and several of Radstock's heroes have already moved onto bigger and better things, but this season will doubtless live long in the memory for the dozens that witnessed it in person.

image.thumb.png.2a6f87f94c46040352c9be1caf686cbe.png

image.thumb.png.b9d5cb68dd4d5e31ea535e15f6f99ea2.png

Edited by Hitbox

5 hours ago, wheatoplays said:

Wow @Hitbox, 88 goals in 49 appearances is crazy! Congratulations on your successful first season, and welcome to the trebles club.

Good evening,

I started a new save with South Liverpool in Level 10.  Thank you Messi for the Database, gracias !!!

I have been playing since FM20 and never reached Level 7, but I still love the game,  :lol:.    I only play Lower League.

For this year I picked Sunday League experience and minimal coaching knowledge.  During my first season, I reached the FA Vase Semifinals and finished second in the league (losing the play-off final).

When I see the amount of points and goals scored in the pictures above, I wonder how much I am still missing.   May I ask something?:  What is your system to recruit such young quality players?  Are those released by Premiership/Championship teams?   

Thank you, gracias!!

Edited by Hanxvirenk208
Typos