Netherlands vs Argentina QF, 7PM GMT, Lusail Iconic Stadium

The_jagster

37 minutes ago, aggressive minor said:

Yeah that awful from the Dutch. Good that the only team who tried to win yesterday did so 👍

Haha. The old 'the Dutch are not allowed to play to their strength' story. They are only allowed to play shexy football and to run into the knife. 2 goals is not trying to win? 

What was your opinion about Morrocco?

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

They generally only force retakes if the encroaching player gets to the ball

Law 14 is crystal clear. In reality, we all have seen zounds of penalties retaken for it. 

I didn't watch the match but apparently Messi had a clear handball and nothing was given for it and Parades wasn't punished for kicking the ball at the Dutch bench. Being Messi wasn't pleased with Lahoz either (not sure why though), is this the worse refereeing performance since Graham '3 cards' Poll?

12 minutes ago, DJ said:

Messi celebrating his goal. Let's not start some bs narrative that the Dutch were the only ones provoking here. 
image.png.4097bd10bfe92db57f47efa3bb1bee7b.png

Should have been retaken anyway, but yeah, Lahoz.

image.png.3c96571b8ff558c89bbd57d6b28b88e8.png

Not that it makes it any better, but that was Messi copying Riquelme's celebration since they hate how LvG treated him.

Also who the hell says it's only Netherlands provoking people? Stop creating stupid straw man arguments. 

Just now, decapitated said:

I didn't watch the match but apparently Messi had a clear handball and nothing was given for it and Parades wasn't punished for kicking the ball at the Dutch bench. Being Messi wasn't pleased with Lahoz either (not sure why though), is this the worse refereeing performance since Graham '3 cards' Poll?

The handball was punished with a free kick, just not a yellow on top.

Parades wasn't punished - neither was Timber, VVD and many others and both teams have a right to be unhappy with Lahoz, it was genuinely a dismal ref performance. 

2 minutes ago, decapitated said:

Unequivocally, yes. Both sides had reason to complain, but failing to give Messi and Paredes more than one yellow were the clearest 'mistakes' and had a humongous influence on the game. 

7 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

I love Messi, he's clearly the GOAT and I'd love to see him win the WC but it does feel like he gets favorable calls from ref. Some soft free kicks against him and should have been booked for yellow. Can't remember what he got booked for in the end. 

Arguing with the red after the stupid freekick that they gave away for the Netherlands equaliser.

• SI Staff

And what a rollercoaster. Argentina deserves the win, but it was ugly. Very unsporting. How were there no red cards (well except Dumfries)?

That free kick, we went to you cretin what on ear... is... oh.. waaaaa... GOAL WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Penalties don't favour us though, that much is clear again.