DM role pairing in 4231DM

1 saat önce, ThomasHK1979 said:

I really have doubts about goes and no-goes when it comes to pairing the two DMs in 4231DM. I love the Sugunda Volante but can I pair him with a RPM? Which pairings do you tend to have most success with?

Whatever complements your system will be fine- no need for hard and fast rules in this territory;)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb ThomasHK1979:

I really have doubts about goes and no-goes when it comes to pairing the two DMs in 4231DM. I love the Sugunda Volante but can I pair him with a RPM? Which pairings do you tend to have most success with?

Not a typical pairing (Segundo Volante is usually paired with a more static holding midfielder) but it could work. Just make sure you adjust the system around them to the 2 DMs styles of play. Both, Segundo Volante and RPM tend to do forward runs quite a lot, so they will leave the DM area. You'll want someone to cover for them when they go forward. If you play a back 3 (or back 5, whatever you want to call it), you could put one of the CBs on Stopper duty (he'll step up more into the DM strata). If you play a back 4, I'd make sure the fullbacks are not too attacking (maybe FBs with 'sit narrower' in possession to cover the space vacated by the 2 DM).

6 minutes ago, burnum said:

Not a typical pairing (Segundo Volante is usually paired with a more static holding midfielder) but it could work. Just make sure you adjust the system around them to the 2 DMs styles of play. Both, Segundo Volante and RPM tend to do forward runs quite a lot, so they will leave the DM area. You'll want someone to cover for them when they go forward. If you play a back 3 (or back 5, whatever you want to call it), you could put one of the CBs on Stopper duty (he'll step up more into the DM strata). If you play a back 4, I'd make sure the fullbacks are not too attacking (maybe FBs with 'sit narrower' in possession to cover the space vacated by the 2 DM).

I'm the same, I like the Segundo or RPM with a sitter. I try and keep a FB on their side of the pitch too rather than a Wing Back or Complete wingback. I use the same sort of theory for other shapes too, like I don't tend to use a BBM and RPM in a 4-4-2 either  

I found good results pairing him with a defensive midfielder in defend duty. It worked fine for me, besides with a defensive midfielder with defend duty segundo volante can be set in support and attack duty. If I need more solidity in midfield I change defensive midfielder by Anchor man.

Edited by daarser

On 02/12/2022 at 19:04, Johnny Ace said:

I use the same sort of theory for other shapes too, like I don't tend to use a BBM and RPM in a 4-4-2 either

You mean you don't use both roles in a central midfield pairing?

2 minutes ago, bosque said:

You mean you don't use both roles in a central midfield pairing?

That's what I said :thup: Two roaming roles, I like a sitter or at least a pairing that won't go roaming or surging forward. 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 

This year i'm also running with good success the 4-2-3-1 Deep specially because the two DMs are more dynamic this year, not staying that back. Even the DM on defense helps in the build up and goes up a bit, so I'm using a Segundo Volante and Defensive DM and it's a great pair.