Processing Speed Performance Drop

Hi, 

I cannot see a forum for FM23 Technical Issues so I hope it is ok to post here.

I am a couple of games into season 2029/30 but I have noticed a considerable increase in load time between days over the last half season or so. The processing time taken for the first several seasons were absolutely fine but for the latter part of season 2028/29 and continuing onto now the speed in which days progress has fallen of a cliff. It can now take up to 30 seconds to load into another day and worse if it happens to be a game day.

I haven't made any changes to the game recently, all graphics files (skin / facepack)  were in place long before this started happening.

Maybe it's just the amount of information in my game now that i am several seasons in but i have never had this issue in previous FM's.

Has this occurred to anyone else? Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, DarJ said:

maybe remove a few leagues and clear your shortlist 

I only have the 4 Scottish Divisions loaded. After adding a few things to the starting database I was given a game speed of 4 stars.

4 hours ago, prot651 said:

Try clearing your cache 

I have tried this but with no success. I don't want to have to start a new game every 5 seasons to combat this :|

13 hours ago, John Joe O'toole said:

What you guys playing on to experience this? Mac or PC? 

I'm on PC.

I loaded up my old FM22 save. 12 Seasons in with Celtic with a larger starting Database and it is considerably faster than my FM23 save 

14 hours ago, Shout Mercy said:

I'm on PC.

I loaded up my old FM22 save. 12 Seasons in with Celtic with a larger starting Database and it is considerably faster than my FM23 save 

Would be interesting to know your computer specs and what nations/leagues you have loaded, and the db size.

I know there are other bugs regarding poor fm 23 performance. So the game probably needs patched to fix such issues. 

Maybe worth checking the bug tracker forum and reporting this issue. 

Last year my game started lagging and getting slow loading times after 10 seasons or so, this version with approximately the same DB my game started to slow down at the end of the 3rd season. I am in the 5th season and it's insufferable, takes me almost an hour of loading times to finish one month.

I think this version got some serious optimization issues.

Edited by SergeiG

7 hours ago, SergeiG said:

Last year my game started lagging and getting slow loading times after 10 seasons or so, this version with proximity the same DB my game started to slow down at the end of the 3rd season. I am in the 5th season and it's insufferable, takes me almost an hour of loading times to finish one month.

I think this version got some serious optimization issues.

Same, from season 3 the whole thing is grinding along very slowly. Some "turns" are taking a few minutes to load when it should be a few seconds.

The slow down is similar to old CM/FM turns, which I've not been used to and it hurts.

As you say, some optimization is required.

• 2 weeks later...