[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

1 minute ago, lukewm said:

Just opened this attachment that you uploaded, but still don't really know where to start in terms of changing the colour etc.

I believe there is a few skins out there, that has what you are looking for. Maybe take a look at there files and see what they have done..

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, lukewm said:

Just opened this attachment that you uploaded, but still don't really know where to start in terms of changing the colour etc.

try and look in the client object broswer and search for id="ACTb"

see if the red_replacement is set to primary, it's just a guess.

Just now, snowofman said:

try and look in the client object broswer and search for id="ACTb"

see if the red_replacement is set to primary, it's just a guess.

Copied the tab bar folder over from the flutskin thank you!

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

Maybe you have too many skins colliding :)

try and clear your cache and reload the wanted skin. i doubt anyone would complately remove the side menu. 

Well I do have a good few skins in my folder now but always clearing cache and reloading when changing. The side bar is there, it's just since kojuro removed the purple colour it is now totally transparent on the club overview screen. So if the city background pic is a light colour (as in the image I posted), you cannot read the menu options because they are in white writing. It would be better if I could make that side menu background colour the same as the rest of the screen with a slight transparency. I could not find the correct panel xml to look at.

1 minute ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Well I do have a good few skins in my folder now but always clearing cache and reloading when changing. The side bar is there, it's just since kojuro removed the purple colour it is now totally transparent on the club overview screen. So if the city background pic is a light colour (as in the image I posted), you cannot read the menu options because they are in white writing. It would be better if I could make that side menu background colour the same as the rest of the screen with a slight transparency. I could not find the correct panel xml to look at.

you can change the tranparentcy in client object browser

18 hours ago, GIMN said:

It loads the person properties file of the skin in use at the point you load up FM.  So anytime you make a change to that file, you need to close down FM entirely, and load back in.

Ah yes, that's the trick, now my settings are working. Cheers

EDIT: How do you edit exported Views directly? Loading them up in the FM23 Resource Archive and extract the files doesn't work despite them being .FMF files.

Edited by Powermonger

7 hours ago, Powermonger said:

Ah yes, that's the trick, now my settings are working. Cheers

EDIT: How do you edit exported Views directly? Loading them up in the FM23 Resource Archive and extract the files doesn't work despite them being .FMF files.

import them again, edit and export with changs ?

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

import them again, edit and export with changs ?

I did the reverse, I created an additional standard view in the corresponding XML file, made the necessary changes (row height, additional non-standard columns) then reloaded the skin and made a custom view from this additional standard view. Exporting and reimporting this custom view retains the changes I made in the XML file.

2 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

I did the reverse, I created an additional standard view in the corresponding XML file, made the necessary changes (row height, additional non-standard columns) then reloaded the skin and made a custom view from this additional standard view. Exporting and reimporting this custom view retains the changes I made in the XML file.

okay as long as you get what you wanted, all is good

1 hour ago, Powermonger said:

Where is the graphic used for containing the Transfer Value figure in the different list views?

x9pczZO.png

I am looking to make some changes to it but can't seem to trace back its origin when looking at the Pdva entry in person properties.xml

try and look here

sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\buttons\custom\transfer value

53 minutes ago, snowofman said:

try and look here

sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\buttons\custom\transfer value

Thanks found it, not sure how I missed it :( Doesn't look like I can do what I was hoping to do and setup colouring of the Transfer Value tag based on value range. I can't find any widget or class file that calls this graphic to edit its behaviour.

7 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

Thanks found it, not sure how I missed it :( Doesn't look like I can do what I was hoping to do and setup colouring of the Transfer Value tag based on value range. I can't find any widget or class file that calls this graphic to edit its behaviour.

hmm not sure it would be possible with "value_based_picture"

but in my mind it should

9 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

<widget class="value_based_picture" id="Ctf*" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre" keep_aspect_ratio="true" >
    <list id="value_list">
        <record min_value="20" max_value="20" file="picturepath" />    
        <record min_value="19" max_value="19" file="picturepath" />    
        <record min_value="18" max_value="18" file="picturepath" /> 
        <record min_value="17" max_value="17" file="picturepath" />
        <record min_value="16" max_value="16" file="picturepath" />    
        <record min_value="15" max_value="15" file="picturepath" />    
        <record min_value="14" max_value="14" file="picturepath" />    
        <record min_value="13" max_value="13" file="picturepath" />    
        <record min_value="12" max_value="12" file="picturepath" />    
        <record min_value="11" max_value="11" file="picturepath" />    
    </list>
        <record id="object_property" get_property="Ctf*"/>
</widget>

maybe it can be used, 

11 minutes ago, MattyEssTTV said:

Two questions, 

image.png.6a315fd8a1bb6b7b8941056f4a7e1d6c.png

How do I get the text from this from white to primary colour?

image.png.0427bdb8c9ad9ea7754a030ee0f1fe34.png

And is there a way I can implement this into the match review screen?

I would ask in @GIMN in his Musterman Thread as he's the creator. he would probably be the right person to ask for easy answers.

Edit : The 1st question, you should be able to change the colour here
graphics/tabs/standard/normal/top/button

Edited by snowofman

11 minutes ago, snowofman said:

<widget class="value_based_picture" id="Ctf*" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre" keep_aspect_ratio="true" >
    <list id="value_list">
        <record min_value="20" max_value="20" file="picturepath" />    
        <record min_value="19" max_value="19" file="picturepath" />    
        <record min_value="18" max_value="18" file="picturepath" /> 
        <record min_value="17" max_value="17" file="picturepath" />
        <record min_value="16" max_value="16" file="picturepath" />    
        <record min_value="15" max_value="15" file="picturepath" />    
        <record min_value="14" max_value="14" file="picturepath" />    
        <record min_value="13" max_value="13" file="picturepath" />    
        <record min_value="12" max_value="12" file="picturepath" />    
        <record min_value="11" max_value="11" file="picturepath" />    
    </list>
        <record id="object_property" get_property="Ctf*"/>
</widget>

maybe it can be used, 

Thanks much appreciated, I'll give it a go.

7 minutes ago, snowofman said:

I would ask in @GIMN in his Musterman Thread as he's the creator. he would probably be the right person to ask for easy answers.

Edit : The 1st question, you should be able to change the colour here
graphics/tabs/standard/normal/top/button

Thanks so much my friend!

4 hours ago, snowofman said:

The pressure's on now!!!

4 hours ago, MattyEssTTV said:

And is there a way I can implement this into the match review screen?

What do you mean by Match Review Screen?  If you mean the panel at the end of the game (and when you click onto the fixture afterwards), then you're looking at match/full time review panel.xml - if you check my version of this panel, it has all the information you need (and references the additional custom-made panels you'll also need to add, which in turn reference more panels - to an extent that even I get confused at times)

2 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Built myself a nice little panel here on the Staff Overview:

0928c466cf4dffba16eaf5a03f3ec1a7.gif

But this happens...

Any ideas?

could be a missing
<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>

or a missing refresh. 

15 minutes ago, snowofman said:

could be a missing
<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>

That's part of the widget code:

<widget class="person_snapshot_club_overview_panel" file="club/woz/tab/person snapshot club overview staff" id="shyd" player="false">
        <record id="object_property">
          <integer id="get_property" value="CHYD" />
          <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
        </record>
      </widget>

I've got the same problem on my home panel actually. Can't return to that and still see the manager picture. Couldn't find an answer back then...

That's part of the widget code:

<widget class="person_snapshot_club_overview_panel" file="club/woz/tab/person snapshot club overview staff" id="shyd" player="false">
          <integer id="get_property" value="CHYD" />
        </record>
      </widget>

I've got the same problem on my home panel actually. Can't return to that and still see the manager picture. Couldn't find an answer back then...

Have you tried 

<integer id="set_property" value="CHYD" />

just a guess

41 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Where did you find "CHYD" or "shyd" as i can't find either anywhere.. 

Ages ago I saw in the Tato skin, as shown below, so utilised it from there. I too cannot find it with a full search in everything I've extracted but it works?!

135b6efcceb5d0590104f22ec63f51fd.jpg

It is worth noting that this is on the Club screen and not the team screen so that might be an issue?

Ages ago I saw in the Tato skin, as shown below, so utilised it from there. I too cannot find it with a full search in everything I've extracted but it works?!

It is worth noting that this is on the Club screen and not the team screen so that might be an issue?

Strange it's not to be found AND still working.. i can take a look tomorrow if i can find something in a tato skin, just so we are on the same base 

i'll let you know what i find.. if i find anything

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Had a little look as i didnt go to bed and i've moved it to a test skin and to manager home on  a tab line and it seems to work fine

i'll see if i can remember the overview page on staff and see if it works there aswell.

On 15/04/2023 at 21:18, lukewm said:

Hi mate how did you do this exactly?

I opened the "button.xml" file and used the <colour> tags to change what I needed. For instance, I changed red to become the background color and blue to become the white like this:

<colour id="red_replacement" name="bg"/>
<colour id="blue_replacement" name="white"/>

I didn't touch anything else in the XML file. I assume this will work with also "green_replacement" as the id so you don't need to do anything fancy with photoshop or something.

Hey, I want to add the referee and their match rating to this side bar in the "fixture details.xml" file, it should show up here

Spoiler

image.png.086a7aa8aabd660771fe8b14a2ef84b2.png

I've tried creating a container to initially just get the name of the referee but I can't seem to get that working, it just leaves that space there instead of showing anything. This is the code I've used in this segment:

<container id="refp">
  <layout class="horizontal_arrange_autosize_all" horizontal_alignment="middle"/>
  <widget class="text" font="label">
    <translation id="text" translation_id="441094" type="use" value="Refereed by[COMMENT: referee, use top 10 matches, no person variable here, it's just a title, the referee's name is appended directly below this title]"/>
  </widget>

<widget class="person_button" id="pers" font="value">
    <record id="object_property" get_property="FRef" />
  </widget>
</container>

Does anyone have any pointers/solutions to this? Ideally I would like it to just say the name of the referee before the match is played and after the match is played it should show their name and rating.

40 minutes ago, Ayal said:

Hey, I want to add the referee and their match rating to this side bar in the "fixture details.xml" file, it should show up here

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.086a7aa8aabd660771fe8b14a2ef84b2.png

I've tried creating a container to initially just get the name of the referee but I can't seem to get that working, it just leaves that space there instead of showing anything. This is the code I've used in this segment:

<container id="refp">
  <widget class="text" font="label">
    <translation id="text" translation_id="441094" type="use" value="Refereed by[COMMENT: referee, use top 10 matches, no person variable here, it's just a title, the referee's name is appended directly below this title]"/>
  </widget>

</widget>
</container>

Does anyone have any pointers/solutions to this? Ideally I would like it to just say the name of the referee before the match is played and after the match is played it should show their name and rating.

I believe the code youo're trying to use, only works for played matches. and would work for you like this

<widget class="text" font="label" id="refp">
  </widget>

</widget>

not sure if it's possible to "see" the ref before the match is loaded and ready to be played aka the pre match screen as it's place it seems to work

2 hours ago, snowofman said:

I believe the code youo're trying to use, only works for played matches. and would work for you like this

<widget class="text" font="label" id="refp">
  </widget>

</widget>

not sure if it's possible to "see" the ref before the match is loaded and ready to be played aka the pre match screen as it's place it seems to work

That didn't do it but I managed to do something, looks like this:

Spoiler

image.png.3e49145527f0a99bf29fb8658eea7565.png

This is the code for it. Unfortunately, I looked through the fixture properties and the referee's match rating doesn't seem to be a property you can recall so I don't believe there's a way to add the rating easily to this panel.

<container>
  <widget class="text" alignment="centre_x" auto_size="all">
  </widget>

<widget class="person_button" id="FRef" alignment="centre_x" auto_size="all">
  </widget>
</container>
Edited by Ayal

1 minute ago, Ayal said:

That didn't do it but I managed to do something, looks like this:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3e49145527f0a99bf29fb8658eea7565.png

This is the code for it. Unfortunately, I looked through the fixture properties and the referee's match rating doesn't seem to be a property you can recall so I don't believe there's a way to add the rating easily to this panel.

<container>
  <widget class="text" alignment="centre_x" auto_size="all">
  </widget>

<widget class="person_button" id="FRef" alignment="centre_x" auto_size="all">
  </widget>
</container>

well it worked for me :) but glad you got it working. 

tho i assume you also only got it working for already played matches

3 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

how to remove the strikeout of the text in the transfer value?

_2023-04-18_20-25-50.png.575836dc0553192024e4332d58b6d634.png

I think the strikeout is here when the scout report is old/older, so if you will scout these players again, the transfer value will be updated. 

On 18/04/2023 at 01:09, GIMN said:

The pressure's on now!!!

What do you mean by Match Review Screen?  If you mean the panel at the end of the game (and when you click onto the fixture afterwards), then you're looking at match/full time review panel.xml - if you check my version of this panel, it has all the information you need (and references the additional custom-made panels you'll also need to add, which in turn reference more panels - to an extent that even I get confused at times)

I gave it a crack and couldn't get it to work, mind you, I am useless at this. Thanks anyway mate. :)

I gave it a crack and couldn't get it to work, mind you, I am useless at this. Thanks anyway mate. :)

What are you actually trying to do?  What are the issues you are facing?

22 minutes ago, GIMN said:

What are you actually trying to do?  What are the issues you are facing?

I'm just trying to move it into the full time review panel.xml for Tato skin I have tweaked. However, when I clear cache, it turns up blank. So I am missing something but can't find what. haha

I'm pretty crap too but slowly feeling more comfortable with it. I've actually resorted to drawing on paper first what I want to accomplish and colour code the objects and containers I think I need and then look at the code and files. This really helped make thinks clearer.

Just now, Powermonger said:

I'm pretty crap too but slowly feeling more comfortable with it. I've actually resorted to drawing on paper first what I want to accomplish and colour code the objects and containers I think I need and then look at the code and files. This really helped make thinks clearer.

I need to start doing that myself!

27 minutes ago, MattyEssTTV said:

I'm just trying to move it into the full time review panel.xml for Tato skin I have tweaked. However, when I clear cache, it turns up blank. So I am missing something but can't find what. haha

Which files have you moved across?

If you look inside the full time review panel.xml, you'll see lots of snippets like this:

<widget class="match_info_panel" id="bmin2" auto_size="vertical" file="match/mustermann/cup match overview">
  <translation id="title" translation_id="308582" type="use" value="Match Overview" />
    <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
  </record>
</widget>

By and large, if it says file="xxxxxxxx" that means there's a custom file involved.  You'll also need to copy that file across into the path that is stated (or create your own file structure and rename accordingly).  Generally when I create a unique file, I will put it in a mustermann folder inside the main folder - this way it makes it easier to identify.  Apart from the one above, the following files are also mentioned:

match/mustermann/cup team stat selector home
match/mustermann/cup team stat selector away
match/mustermann/cup match stats titled

Now you'll need to check those xmls for any other files they might have mentioned.  Cup match overview references a further two files:

match/mustermann/match overview/cup match incidents home
match/mustermann/match overview/cup match incidents away

You will obviously need to do this for every file you copy across, and then any subsequent file it references.  You will also need to check for custom colours - there will be colours referenced (e.g. colour="xxxxxxx") that won't exist in Tato's skin.  You will either have to define this colours yourself in the settings/Tato settings.xml file, or change the colour value to one that is already defined.