Issues with Recruitment Focus

Hi!

Not sure if it's a bug, or if I'm setting it up wrong. But, no matter what criteria I set it to search by, including being open to everything, I get no recommendations from my scouts. They scout lots of players, then never say if they recommend them, even if they're a perfect match for my settings.

Screenshot (62).png

They've made it far more complicated than it needs to be. 

Got some slight success so far by setting the formation to any, position to any, CA at 1 star and PA to 3 stars, select the scout, select the same nation/nations as the scout has knowledge in, then set to ongoing. 

Making the settings anything but this will turn up blanks everytime for me.

Edit - forgot to add select Transfers and Loans, not just one or the other.

Edited by RedLichtie

15 minutes ago, RedLichtie said:

They've made it far more complicated than it needs to be. 

Got some slight success so far by setting the formation to any, position to any, CA at 1 star and PA to 3 stars, select the scout, select the same nation/nations as the scout has knowledge in, then set to ongoing. 

Making the settings anything but this will turn up blanks everytime for me.

Edit - forgot to add select Transfers and Loans, not just one or the other.

Cheers mate! Will give it a go 

Ive also noticed none of my scouts ever gain scouting knowledge even about the nation i am playing in. So if you hire a foreign scout they never gain knowledge of your nation. It never worked like that in previous fm's sounds like a bug/glitch.

Even if you set a focus on a nation that has its league loaded and full detail the scouts dont gain knowledge no matter how long they are there scouting even if they speak the language. Scouting seems really fouled up

4 minutes ago, Hypercane6 said:

Bump. Has anyone found the workaround for this? I’m having the exact same issue:seagull:

There's advice above. Have you gone through that? It's difficult to advise anything specific if we don't know what you're doing.

How are you setting up your assignments?

Just now, Hypercane6 said:

Bump. Has anyone found the workaround for this? I’m having the exact same issue:seagull:

So many seem to be having a problem it would be nice of SI to come on here and give a detailed explination on how this works. Is it really that difficult for them to do so?

25 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

So many seem to be having a problem 

So are you also having issues? If yes, as above - what is the issue you have exactly? How are you setting up your assigment(s)?

The common issues that I usually see around the forum and internet is being unrealistic with the minimum criteria for an assignment or not quite waiting long enough for reports to come through.

If we have more information, we could try and help.

I have been setting half a gray star for current ability and 3 stars for potential ability (just transfers), no matter a country or a competition, and specify a scout and an analyst. During the season the results come "in progress", it seems most of recommendations are displayed at the end of the season. Not sure if there is some bug or if it us, users, that are missing something here. Maybe someone (Moderators ?) could create some topic to clarify things, it would be helpful avoiding new topics about a potential bug when it might be nothing at all. 

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

So are you also having issues? If yes, as above - what is the issue you have exactly? How are you setting up your assigment(s)?

The common issues that I usually see around the forum and internet is being unrealistic with the minimum criteria for an assignment or not quite waiting long enough for reports to come through.

If we have more information, we could try and help.

I'm setting for any position, for a loan, minimum 2 star current ability. How else would you like me to set it up if that's what I'm looking for?

Scouting is messed right up in this version, even more so its odd to get players playing in Spain when you're scouting the uk?! ALso, the fact that when you get your recruitment focus update and you click on the update but it links to another search...its broken 

Top, Standard, Ongoing

Top and Standard offer recommendation, ongoing offer less (recommendations) or not at all. That's how it works for now. Does it matter about "recommendations"? I don't trust background staff of whom gonna approach, always looking for good personality (eg. Professional) and attributes.

52 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

I'm setting for any position, for a loan, minimum 2 star current ability. How else would you like me to set it up if that's what I'm looking for?

That doesn't sound unreasonable, but as mentioned, it'll depend on the priority of the focus, for one thing, as well.

44 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

That doesn't sound unreasonable, but as mentioned, it'll depend on the priority of the focus, for one thing, as well.

It's the only one I've got them looking for. I'm enjoying playing the game, but if something doesn't work as they expect then there's no point putting the blame back on the user. It's not like I'll stop playing because of it, I've just found some loan players myself.

1 minute ago, potbellypigs said:

It's the only one I've got them looking for.

You would have needed to choose a priority.

2 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

then there's no point putting the blame back on the user

I haven't done that at all. I'm (or I was) simply trying to help as I've seen many cases where what was assigned is unreasonable. As I've indicated, your instructions didn't seem unreasonable, but we don't have all the information.

11 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

You would have needed to choose a priority.

I haven't done that at all. I'm (or I was) simply trying to help as I've seen many cases where what was assigned is unreasonable. As I've indicated, your instructions didn't seem unreasonable, but we don't have all the information.

So standard priority then. But considering they aren't scouting anything else, I'll assume that's the only one they are looking for.

What other information would be applicable?

11 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Top, Standard, Ongoing

Top and Standard offer recommendation, ongoing offer less (recommendations) or not at all. That's how it works for now. Does it matter about "recommendations"? I don't trust background staff of whom gonna approach, always looking for good personality (eg. Professional) and attributes.

i think this is the problem. something is weird with ongoing. i want to setup my scout assignments then never have to worry about them again. standard and top you have to continually restart them. i get what SI was doing but they just made assignments extremely tedious. 

previously it was scout this nation for eternity. in a long term save who wants to start assignments a billion times. ongoing needs to be fixed. 

i had 16 scouts in 16 nations all on ongoing but then after so many months the scouts were some how only scouting a handful of nations. all of their nations changed by themselves. makes no sense.

Its a million times easier to just manually scout everyone and add them to reports yourself if ONGOING doesnt work the way it previously did. i dont want to have to restart assignments for 30 years in a save. 

1 hour ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

i think this is the problem. something is weird with ongoing. i want to setup my scout assignments then never have to worry about them again.

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/scouting-recruitment-meetings-squad-planner/scouts-return-no-recommendations-r10398/?do=findComment&comment=72104

"Hello, once the ongoing focus ends, the findings are filed under the completed focus section, and it restarts. So if you navigate to the completed focus section you will probably find your reports."

Looking at what Zachary posted, this is what you can expect. Is that not the case?

the completed section is an unorganized mess. there will be a million old focuses. with no way to delete them. scouting needed a refresh but this new method still has its training wheels on. great idea but it just fails in execution and from almost 200 hours in fm23 it seems the new scouting just wasnt ready for prime time. things are great in a controlled environment or internal testing but when given to 500k plus users it just shows how it wasnt ready.

is it a huge deal. no. just really annoying. 

and i also find if you try to restart a bunch of focuses at the same say like  dozen plus. it bugs out. as the wrong focus  name is listed for the scouts even if you edit it and it is the correct one. kinda hard to explain but certainly a lot of weirdness is going on, 

5 hours ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

the completed section is an unorganized mess. there will be a million old focuses. with no way to delete them. scouting needed a refresh but this new method still has its training wheels on. great idea but it just fails in execution and from almost 200 hours in fm23 it seems the new scouting just wasnt ready for prime time. things are great in a controlled environment or internal testing but when given to 500k plus users it just shows how it wasnt ready.

is it a huge deal. no. just really annoying. 

and i also find if you try to restart a bunch of focuses at the same say like  dozen plus. it bugs out. as the wrong focus  name is listed for the scouts even if you edit it and it is the correct one. kinda hard to explain but certainly a lot of weirdness is going on, 

I think you are spot on, much like the squad planner...a good idea but poorly executed thus far. 

This is actually really irritating and shouldn’t be a problem by now…

If you are a club with a small amount of scouts it wouldn’t be that annoying. But, as in my case, where you have 24 Scouts, it’s cause a real problem. 

I have a system I used for years now. I put every scout on 3 to 4 nations. I scout “ongoing” cause I want to build better knowledge world wide. 

I recruited scouts with some knowledge of the countries I like to scout, then set them up accordingly. It went “pretty well” during the season, or so I thought.

If I put them to scout “standard” I had to click “restart scouting” every couple of weeks. Witch was quite annoying. (I chose “standard” cause when I played the beta “ongoing” gave me problem). But after half a season of countless “restart scouting” I tried “ongoing” and It looked like It worked. Finally….

But after the season ended every “ongoing scouting” was reset and when I try to “restart” by using the earlier settings, all of a sudden the scout who is set to scout south America is currently in Germany!?!? 

This is really annoying and takes away the joy of playing this game witch I loved since the first game om Championship manager… Yes, we come an awesome long way since then, but things like scouting might be one of the most important tools in todays game. 

I hope you can fix this asap…..

So I can pass on one of my own mistakes which might help others.

In my lower league save I ran out of scouting budget. This reverts the scouting range to 'No Scouting' which means you rely totally on your own scouts knowledge, effectively they already tell you who they know about on the player search screen, and therefore return zero results from any assignment.

Even following a new scouting budget provided at some point, or you tweaking budgets to give yourself some, you have to manually move it to a higher level to get scouting assignments working again.

I could certainly do with some prompt news item at the point it happens and/or when I have budget to put it back up as a reminder. I ignore recruitment meetings if we're told in there :)

Edited by Parmie

3 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

After spending around two months, a scouter with Ongoing priority and England. 11 Recommendations. If I am able to get recommendations in Ongoing process, then you can have the same.

1.thumb.png.d7f40f7c154c8c711d489f4ed14697dd.png

honestly that isnt good results. you can get better results just from doing a player search and adding the players to a report manually. or just browsing teams in england. in 2 months depending on number of scouts they can do 100s of players when added manually.

i guess it is a good for casual gamers but FM is a management sim you always get better results in those style games when the human takes control of everything. why would a human choose to do something that is a weaker scouting method?

when i get to prem and have 2 dozen plus scouts my scouts do thousands of players a year. why would i rely on these assignments over my own knowledge of the game when after 2 months you had 11 recommendations. it just doesnt make any se

sure FM needs some tools for casual players to get involved in. but if casual players were a priority then SI would be better off updating graphics, sound, atmosphere, lighting, and stadiums. its almost exactly the same thing for squad planner great for casuals but pretty worthless for anyone else.

3 hours ago, Hercules said:

This is actually really irritating and shouldn’t be a problem by now…

If you are a club with a small amount of scouts it wouldn’t be that annoying. But, as in my case, where you have 24 Scouts, it’s cause a real problem. 

I have a system I used for years now. I put every scout on 3 to 4 nations. I scout “ongoing” cause I want to build better knowledge world wide. 

I recruited scouts with some knowledge of the countries I like to scout, then set them up accordingly. It went “pretty well” during the season, or so I thought.

If I put them to scout “standard” I had to click “restart scouting” every couple of weeks. Witch was quite annoying. (I chose “standard” cause when I played the beta “ongoing” gave me problem). But after half a season of countless “restart scouting” I tried “ongoing” and It looked like It worked. Finally….

But after the season ended every “ongoing scouting” was reset and when I try to “restart” by using the earlier settings, all of a sudden the scout who is set to scout south America is currently in Germany!?!? 

This is really annoying and takes away the joy of playing this game witch I loved since the first game om Championship manager… Yes, we come an awesome long way since then, but things like scouting might be one of the most important tools in todays game. 

I hope you can fix this asap…..

exactly this. it completely bugs out and makes no sense. you literally have to recreate all of your assignments every season or they get jumbled up and mixed up. and restarting them doesnt work for ongoing or the UI is just displaying the wrong info either way its not working properly

5 minutes ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

honestly that isnt good results. you can get better results just from doing a player search and adding the players to a report manually. or just browsing teams in england. in 2 months depending on number of scouts they can do 100s of players when added manually.

i guess it is a good for casual gamers but FM is a management sim you always get better results in those style games when the human takes control of everything. why would a human choose to do something that is a weaker scouting method?

when i get to prem and have 2 dozen plus scouts my scouts do thousands of players a year. why would i rely on these assignments over my own knowledge of the game when after 2 months you had 11 recommendations. it just doesnt make any se

sure FM needs some tools for casual players to get involved in. but if casual players were a priority then SI would be better off updating graphics, sound, atmosphere, lighting, and stadiums. its almost exactly the same thing for squad planner great for casuals but pretty worthless for anyone else.

I know, I don't look the recommendations (or stars or grades), just showing that you can get recommendations if you set it to Ongoing. :)

14 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/scouting-recruitment-meetings-squad-planner/scouts-return-no-recommendations-r10398/?do=findComment&comment=72104

"Hello, once the ongoing focus ends, the findings are filed under the completed focus section, and it restarts. So if you navigate to the completed focus section you will probably find your reports."

Looking at what Zachary posted, this is what you can expect. Is that not the case?

If an 'ongoing' scouting assignment ends, and files a list of reports away on a different screen, without the player manually clicking a button to end the assignment then, by very definition, it isn't 'ongoing'. It is a time-sensitive task, and it is creating more manual work for a player to navigate through more screens to look for historic reports.

Bit of an odd UI choice to limit visibility of a revamped feature of the game, imho.

4 hours ago, Bojanbbz94 said:

If an 'ongoing' scouting assignment ends, and files a list of reports away on a different screen, without the player manually clicking a button to end the assignment then, by very definition, it isn't 'ongoing'. It is a time-sensitive task, and it is creating more manual work for a player to navigate through more screens to look for historic reports.

Bit of an odd UI choice to limit visibility of a revamped feature of the game, imho.

And one thing I do not like in games is a needless time sink; whether that be through, and as you put it, “manual work” or via the additional need for mouse clicks when a small UI change would make something much simpler and less frustration.