[FM23] 5TATMAN (Version 5.0 - Updated 17.09.23)

_Ben_

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

@Ikthop I love this kind of feedback! Thanks for a) using my skin and b) being so thoughtful and offering constructive ideas to make this better! I'll go through some of your points. Just as a contextual bit - I'm working off the idea of three main panels for the players: performance, attributes and stats. The landing page now looks like this:

7350a49b4b86e3eb616b6219801b5921.png

I've actually moved that from the performance area, and it's now inside the Transfer Status hidden area:

703d1e6f22dc329e053fd35c235972bd.png

An extra click and it doesn't work right now but it's there on all areas for the player.

I'll have a think about this...

Yep. It was there because it differentiated between human and AI profile, which I'm now moving away from. Feels like a good opportunity to get the value shown again:

b05d2776df5454b03fc0eea249f5253b.png

I love this one!

It's not lined up properly and then will need to lead to a hidden box with extra stuff in - including maybe a bio and career stats, but that is what your idea looks like in my head:

a451908b88606c5df641923a12ba0220.png

---

Will continue with this stuff later on - just wanted to show you my thoughts!

Excellent idea , my thoughts on this last one is …who needs to know a birthplace it will better if it’s been replaced by player role instead?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

Excellent idea , my thoughts on this last one is …who needs to know a birthplace it will better if it’s been replaced by player role instead?

Birthplace will be staying. The role can be seen in the ‘archetype’ area, which is in grey under their name. 

9 horas atrás, Ikthop disse:

4: This one is my favorite/main suggestion:

What I like the most in sports management games is seeing a player's historical statistics (it helps tell a history), but unfortunately that is the worse thing FM does IMO, it's just terrible when it comes to that. I have been doing something that alleviates that problem a little: So, my skinning knowledge is basically 0, but I ended up learning a tiny bit just so I could do this to every single skin I end up using: I always add a player's All Time Career Apps/Goals to his profile. I thought you might also like having that info in there, not only because of the name of your skin but also 'cause from what I can tell you have always included this info in the previous versions of the skin. As an example of what I mean, here's a random SS I picked from one of your old posts:

image.thumb.png.9ddbcc799971839dc7c72209b0088ee4.png

That little panel you created (which I highlighted with a green box above) is one of my favorite of all time, it's awesome. But I can see how it might be hard to find room to include it in the skin, so I'm gonna throw an idea in your direction (number "4" in the first SS) which I'm not even sure if it's doable or not in terms of what FM allows the users to change: In your current skin, we have "CAPS" on the left, and "13 caps / 2 goals" (in this Zaniolo screenshot's example) on the right. Would it be possible to add a new line, where you could write a "generic description" (something like "CAREER STATS") on the left, and on the right show the player's All Time Career Apps and Goals, in a similar fashion to how we see the International statistics? 

The idea is to have this line below the International Stats line, so we can quickly see a player's all time career statistics including international football and club football close together.

It would look something like this as an example:

CAPS ------------------ 13 caps / 2 goals

CAREER STATS ----- 95 apps / 12 goals

6 horas atrás, _Ben_ disse:

I love this one!

It's not lined up properly and then will need to lead to a hidden box with extra stuff in - including maybe a bio and career stats, but that is what your idea looks like in my head:

Like the other suggestions, this one is brilliant. Would you guys mind teaching me or pointing out how I should go about pulling this data exactly and making it visible on the player's profile?

And how I wish it was possible to pull ALL career goals, not just League goals. It's a historical desire of mine in all FMs. :(

Thank you in any way!

8 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I love this one!

That's exactly what I had in mind, it's perfect! :applause:

image.jpeg.63f327b78cd275507dac2da26fe9be7c.jpeg

7 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Birthplace will be staying. The role can be seen in the ‘archetype’ area, which is in grey under their name. 

I like having the birthplace in there as well, it's another little thing which helps give newgens a "personality" (makes it easier to get to know them). I even added it to my custom views, such as squad, shortlist, scouting, etc. It looks like this:

image.png.daebbd468148d0a1bb5d9b9912c42976.png

This way I replace the three letters country name abbreviation with the city of birth name. As an extra little bonus I might end up learning some new country flags I'm not familiar with. :lol: Just 1 click on the flag to see which country it is.

I use a similar setup for the clubs. It's specially useful when looking at a nation's squad. For example, this is France main squad:

image.png.0b6e356cb29b2b7613a6d219be532ccf.png

2 hours ago, lugui said:

And how I wish it was possible to pull ALL career goals, not just League goals. It's a historical desire of mine in all FMs. :(

Same here, would love to see more historical data in FM. Let's hope FM25 improves on it. It's number 1 on my wishlist.

The good news: It is possible to pull all career statistics (including cup/continental games) in this particular "field". I believe Ben's code is already doing that, seeing how he has been doing it for every version of 5TATMAN to date.

The bad news: There is a bug in FM where a player's career stats partially reset after they move to a new club. It is a bug which has been present in the game since forever (as far as I can tell). I reported it multiple times now but unfortunately it's not been fixed yet. :( Link to the FM24 bug report here.

I still think it's better having that field in there even with this bug being present, specially now with this beauty Ben created. It's better than having league only stats IMO.

Edited by Ikthop

5 hours ago, lugui said:

Thank you in any way!

Trawling through person properties.xml will give you a load of things you never knew existed!

3 hours ago, Ikthop said:

That's exactly what I had in mind, it's perfect! :applause:

It's not quite playing ball at the moment in terms of alignment. I don't want to go back to the drawing board on this one but it's not quite going to plan.

@_Ben_ is it possible to see an overview of the players morale without clicking the happiness tab? I wasn't sure if it's something you'd be interested in.

How do you find the players eligibility information?

Can't remember how to have discussions with a player from the player profile.

I kind of have lots of questions and don't want to clog the post with them ;) I like the changes so far, looking forward to testing more on FM24

40 minutes ago, SAMiles said:

@_Ben_ is it possible to see an overview of the players morale without clicking the happiness tab? I wasn't sure if it's something you'd be interested in.

How do you find the players eligibility information?

Can't remember how to have discussions with a player from the player profile.

I kind of have lots of questions and don't want to clog the post with them ;) I like the changes so far, looking forward to testing more on FM24

Clicking on the hidden button on Media Handling takes you to some happiness stuff. Likewise eligibility comes through the international cap line. Discussions have to go through the drop down menu at the top. I’m trying to find that ‘happy zone’ with enough but not too much stuff there!

6 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Working on some QoL stuff at the moment whilst I await the full release and any changes that brings. For example..

b1b373b305fda2b365ab1d226c5a3e26.png 8468264bcfd9f8d76fdac9c496db8d9f.png

You now are notified if you're looking at a player you've shortlisted and a player who is current club captain.

1bf8a6ac23fd0a5ca770993968ac748a.png

An injured player will now have this as their 'main' screen. You can, of course, still see their attributes on the 'Attributes Hub' (one click) but this feels like it belongs here because they are injured and, as such, can't perform.

66b7141c3929afc2fdd5683329464021.png

Tidied up the overview for players who are without a club. I've removed the entire 'Stats Hub' panel (as it's empty) and shown career stats first, rather than season stats - as, again, they're blank. Also removed the stat markers from the bottom right and the form graph from the left panel, because - you guessed it - they're empty!

26043bf2edce11123152d4cf1c26f978.png

Midfielders (both attacking and defensive) will now automatically land on the DM section for the metric bars. If the player can play as a striker, you'll see the ST and if the player is a FB or CB, you'll see the CB area first. I've also made it (somewhat sensibly) that you are unable to compare GK with any other areas and vice versa.

---

I have got things that I have to sort out before this is released but, day at a time, we're getting closer to my vision with this!

loving these changes, what changes have you made to the staff profiles?

8 hours ago, SAMiles said:

what changes have you made to the staff profiles?

None, really. I've re-made it so that the containers are adaptable meaning it'll fit at 100% zoom.

d840905ed3865b6e79775a4ca28fa334.png

Need to sort out the issue with playing style not showing and also need to add a text string for set piece coaching but, aside from that, it's relatively similar.

6 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

None, really. I've re-made it so that the containers are adaptable meaning it'll fit at 100% zoom.

d840905ed3865b6e79775a4ca28fa334.png

Need to sort out the issue with playing style not showing and also need to add a text string for set piece coaching but, aside from that, it's relatively similar.

Sorry to bother you with a question,how did you get that  face for you manager .Thank you in advance.

3 hours ago, Ok said:

Sorry to bother you with a question,how did you get that  face for you manager .Thank you in advance.

Preferences -> Advanced -> General -> Change Profile Picture

@_Ben_

excellent work as usual from you .

if a can may one suggestion is this …is possible in the new version to come the field in tactic panel to be a little be smaller .

I imagine that on high resolution screen the panel will be great but perhaps are many users that don’t have 4k screens .

the slight problem is that we ( some of us) can’t see all the subs something that probably is visible if you have 85% zoom but then the letters at some panels became mmmmm to small.

I know that , and I believe you have speak about that , your are going to work on other resolutions and nobody from us want ,I believe ,to force you for anything . This work is unique is amazing and we can’t wait for it to come out to the community with as much anticipation as the game it self . Keep going …

@_Ben_

and something for the new injured player panel .

I do know if is applied or such info exists…but is possible to and playing time of the player and what injury is that within the some season or history of player’s injuries within the same season ? Exp. 320 min playing time second injury or total days of injury within the same season something like that . I hope that you understand what I mean .

12 hours ago, SPE3D said:

Not sure if this skin is for me but looks excellent and will definitely be giving it a try.

The move away from numerical attribute values is a big one but I have, myself, fully converted and I am tasked with trying to do that throughout the skin now!

6 hours ago, milenec11 said:

@_Ben_

excellent work as usual from you .

if a can may one suggestion is this …is possible in the new version to come the field in tactic panel to be a little be smaller .

I imagine that on high resolution screen the panel will be great but perhaps are many users that don’t have 4k screens .

the slight problem is that we ( some of us) can’t see all the subs something that probably is visible if you have 85% zoom but then the letters at some panels became mmmmm to small.

I know that , and I believe you have speak about that , your are going to work on other resolutions and nobody from us want ,I believe ,to force you for anything . This work is unique is amazing and we can’t wait for it to come out to the community with as much anticipation as the game it self . Keep going …

The panel is very different now:

6e029eb20dc0b8f62b5d910bf0cf7b1c.png

It fits like that on 85% zoom on 1920x1080 and also fits at 95% and 100% on the same resolution. I can't really test it anywhere else unfortunately but things need to be that size to fit 

6 hours ago, milenec11 said:

@_Ben_

and something for the new injured player panel .

I do know if is applied or such info exists…but is possible to and playing time of the player and what injury is that within the some season or history of player’s injuries within the same season ? Exp. 320 min playing time second injury or total days of injury within the same season something like that . I hope that you understand what I mean .

The full breakdown is one click away in Medical Review - which has a button on the bottom of the profile:

d44fd5f47f2a5ec2d0032b9de29ed90b.png

I've trawled through person properties.xml and can't really find anything else injury related that isn't already here...

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

The move away from numerical attribute values is a big one but I have, myself, fully converted and I am tasked with trying to do that throughout the skin now!

It fits like that on 85% zoom on 1920x1080 and also fits at 95% and 100% on the same resolution. I can't really test it anywhere else unfortunately but things need to be that size to fit 

The full breakdown is one click away in Medical Review - which has a button on the bottom of the profile:

I've trawled through person properties.xml and can't really find anything else injury related that isn't already here...

Really like the tactic page Ben.  Does it have manager preferences anywhere?

I waste so much time going between tactic page/data hub/manager profile looking for information that will help me prepare for the next game.

21 minutes ago, johnwalker said:

Really like the tactic page Ben.  Does it have manager preferences anywhere?

I waste so much time going between tactic page/data hub/manager profile looking for information that will help me prepare for the next game.

Yes. The three buttons above the opposition have this inside them:

c9bbeea096870d68fe01ad7fd1ca28a9.png

d6072fe67653a07d76632b2039123bf0.png

9a20b582bded794c3a9629d50166f332.png

---

Do you think I'm missing anything?

I've spent some time rebuilding a contentious area of the skin. As people like @GIMN will know - going attribute-less means that the attribute panel and, as such, the attribute development panel, is not formatted correctly. My choice is to use the polygons that already appear on the main page but give them numerical values:

d124c96bd3700d8886a10ac2e67f12a8.png

I'm then able to track that development through the notes feature, should I wish to. 

Whilst I feel that this is a little bit 'Ben is making it for how Ben plays' - it is simply impossible to track the attribute development on a graph without referencing that original panel somewhere. I'd love some feedback on this - probably because I am somewhat biased to my own style and, for the most part, that is what will come out in the final product but maybe not this time!

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Yes. The three buttons above the opposition have this inside them:

c9bbeea096870d68fe01ad7fd1ca28a9.png

d6072fe67653a07d76632b2039123bf0.png

9a20b582bded794c3a9629d50166f332.png

---

Do you think I'm missing anything?

I like to use this panel from the Manager profile screen, not all of it is tactics based but it gives a better idea of how teams set up. Is it possible to pull through?

image.png.0b0a524790a6f88458c48d18c59db5e6.png

51 minutes ago, johnwalker said:

I like to use this panel from the Manager profile screen, not all of it is tactics based but it gives a better idea of how teams set up. Is it possible to pull through?

image.png.0b0a524790a6f88458c48d18c59db5e6.png

Leave it with me!! Probably of more use there than his career stats…

Had to leave some extra space incase there are tendencies:

88d2575726b4cc00e4b596f3ef6ace6b.png

Edited by _Ben_

5 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

You are always 2 steps ahead of our minds... awesome 

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

think I am 99% ready with my skin but will just hold out until the main release in case of any changes to config stuff. I feel that this is the skin I should have released last year; to me, it feels way more stable and things are working in a way that I want them to. Of course, there will be errors and bugs but I've (in my opinion) thoroughly tested at 85%, 95% and 100% zoom on 1920x1080 full screen resolution. I know people play windowed and people have bigger and smaller displays than I do but I have learnt a lot from last year and hope to have allayed a lot of the issues that occured.

I'm really excited to show the community what I've been up to!

Looking forward to seeing what you’ve done…and hoping it still works for 23 :lol:

On 04/11/2023 at 17:54, _Ben_ said:

think I am 99% ready with my skin but will just hold out until the main release in case of any changes to config stuff. I feel that this is the skin I should have released last year; to me, it feels way more stable and things are working in a way that I want them to. Of course, there will be errors and bugs but I've (in my opinion) thoroughly tested at 85%, 95% and 100% zoom on 1920x1080 full screen resolution. I know people play windowed and people have bigger and smaller displays than I do but I have learnt a lot from last year and hope to have allayed a lot of the issues that occured.

Some crazy out of the box creative stuff here Ben!!! Can't wait to see how it all looks together!!

On 04/11/2023 at 18:54, _Ben_ said:

Can't wait to use this skin and get started on my save this year! Amazing work