Console edition questions.

Hi like most I’m really excited to play an fm game on console again now that it’s playable on PS5 :) I just have a couple questions if anyone has the answers to I’d really appreciate it 

1) how many seasons can be played per save?

2) when looking at the pre order it says in game purchases optional, I wondered what they are?

3) how many leagues/countries can be selected at the start of the game? 

thanks again :)

Question I have also is- are you going to be able to load a large player count.  I normally load one nation which I pick my team from and then have a fairly substantial database of players loaded from every continent.

I would actually prefer a streamlined version if a large player count could be loaded. 

Edited by deckyd

19 hours ago, Revan1 said:

Hi like most I’m really excited to play an fm game on console again now that it’s playable on PS5 :) I just have a couple questions if anyone has the answers to I’d really appreciate it 

1) how many seasons can be played per save?

2) when looking at the pre order it says in game purchases optional, I wondered what they are?

3) how many leagues/countries can be selected at the start of the game? 

thanks again :)

1) There is a limit of 30 seasons per save.
2) This will be similar to last year. There will be a bunch of in-game purchases that can be made via the store.
3) This will depend on your console/device. PS5 & Xbox Series X can load up to 10 nations. Xbox One can load up to 5.

18 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

There’s also no mention of the Champions League license in the article either. 

Is this incorporated into console/Touch in the same way as the full fat game? 

Yes it will be incorporated within Console & Touch.

13 hours ago, deckyd said:

Question I have also is- are you going to be able to load a large player count.  I normally load one nation which I pick my team from and then have a fairly substantial database of players loaded from every continent.

I would actually prefer a streamlined version if a large player count could be loaded. 

When starting a game you can select a small or medium database. 

2 hours ago, Malicious Penguin said:

I'd also ask if you can load tactics etc.

You can't important tactics within the Console version.

50 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

Thanks for taking time to answer all the questions, @Desmond Richardson - appreciate you! 

You're very welcome.

10 minutes ago, Malicious Penguin said:

Thanks @Desmond Richardson, does that include PC? I'm also assuming the PC version can load 10 leagues?

You're very welcome. Correct - I should have also specified that included PC too.

1 hour ago, Desmond Richardson said:

1) There is a limit of 30 seasons per save.
2) This will be similar to last year. There will be a bunch of in-game purchases that can be made via the store.
3) This will depend on your console/device. PS5 & Xbox Series X can load up to 10 nations. Xbox One can load up to 5.

Yes it will be incorporated within Console & Touch.

When starting a game you can select a small or medium database. 

You can't important tactics within the Console version.

Thank you so much for replying I’m looking forward to it! I own a ps5 so never played last years version unfortunately so I’ll Google what the in game purchases are, thanks again

28 minutes ago, Revan1 said:

@Desmond Richardson I’m so sorry for the tag I was just wondering if you (or anyone that has fm22 on Xbox) can tell me what the optional purchases are going to be? I can’t for the life of me find anything on Google that tells me? Thank you

Normally it’s challenges, stadium and boasts to transfer budgets among others like remove transfer windows etc. 

3 hours ago, dja2k14 said:

will the console version have quick result like last years edition? i found it useful for speeding up seasons when i didnt have time to play every single match

It's kind of a staple of the format. I'd be surprised if it disappeared. Handy for playing those irrelevant end of season games.

5 hours ago, Mcl2017 said:

Can anyone confirm if the Console 2023 on gamepass will be cloud and touch enabled so that you can play on Samsung tablets similar to the xbox 22 version? I couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere.

"Game Pass Ultimate members, meanwhile, can also extend their FM23 Console career on any supported device through Xbox Cloud Gaming.*"

That's from the official site. It also mentions cross platform but doesn't specifically mention touch enabled but looks like they're trying to repeat everything they offered with FM22

Edited by wearesporting

Hi There, 

Really looking forward to the release.

Couple of questions which will help me decide which platform to go for: 

- Games compatibility on the Xbox One X : are there any limitations ?

- Could some explain the Online Career mode in more detail please, more specifically:

a) I would like to play online with a mate, what are the mechanics? Can you play as many games as you want in one session or is it limited to certain days etc

b) How many seasons can you play? i.e is it the same as a 'offline save' or are there any limitations?

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, sammmy said:

Hi There, 

Really looking forward to the release.

Couple of questions which will help me decide which platform to go for: 

- Games compatibility on the Xbox One X : are there any limitations ?

- Could some explain the Online Career mode in more detail please, more specifically:

a) I would like to play online with a mate, what are the mechanics? Can you play as many games as you want in one session or is it limited to certain days etc

b) How many seasons can you play? i.e is it the same as a 'offline save' or are there any limitations?

Thanks in advance.

Xbox One X is limited to 5 nations per save.

You will be able to play; Online Career, Fantasy Draft and Versus Mode. You can play as many games as you want as long as you and your fellow companions are happy playing - there is no limit. 

Seasons are limited to 30 across Football Manager Console.

2 hours ago, Woho said:

@Desmond Richardson do you know what the main differences between Console and Touch will be in terms of depth within math engine/simulations?

The ME is exactly the same across Console & Touch. 

Having read what little articles are available on the console edition they give the impression this is much closer to the PC version and that this could have started life as the PC version and been trimmed down rather than the touch version being added too, do you have any clarification on this please?

3 minutes ago, srvngrc said:

Can we get any new screenshots for XBox version? Actually last year the UI was very dissapointing. I hope we’ll get a better one this year.

Will there be mouse and keyboard support?

I quite liked the cursor option on the controller. The other one not so much.