Complete forward alternative

On 01/01/2022 at 13:13, Lesterfan_Cambiasso said:

I tend to find pressing forwards are great for coming deep in a possession based system. 

They make space for others really well and with the right attributes they can create too

PF on support or attack?

I personally don't think you can get any further from a complete forward than a pressing forward.

One is given complete freedom to do whatever they want (because they have the talent and versatility to do so) while the other is typically a limited forward without as much talent, but makes the team for his workrate and physical attributes. 

Imo you can never go wrong with an AF. they're your typical striker that can do a job in any system, read the role description and it tells you everything you need to know, focal point.. scores and creates goals.. spearhead of the attack..

Edited by Jack722

I'd go for an AF, given you've got an adequately skilled midfield with attacking potential. Yes, he may push himself forward too much sometimes, but as a side effect he'll draw defenders with him, opening space in the AMC strata which your midfield can exploit. But depending on your tactic expect more long balls forward and/or less striker involvement

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, kepz said:

DLF links play like a CF and that seems to be the missing piece for me when I have to make the swap. But as others have said, PF is great. 

+1 for Dlf, complete forward is basically a Target man with skills, So DLF ot TF is my choice.

AF with roaming works best, best way to the describe the AF is that it does half the things the complete forward does just not the playmaking side of the complete forward.

Otherwise a DLF on attack  works just fine roaming may making him play like a CF on support