[FM22][UPDATE] Changes to "match player bar widget.xml"

TCSSkin

Overview

So both skin creators and end users will likely have noticed their players bar widget has been affected by the update, this is unfortunately part and parcel with skin creating and has happened previously.

1435200141_Screenshot2021-12-07220826.thumb.png.68b0500e80c1f3dd9e8aaaed82456397.png

To diagnose, we need to open the old version of the file, and the new version and compare the two, and its pretty open and shut.

image.thumb.png.b14e6577eef633410c93a168d65ac28e.png

All you need to do is replace this shirt code

<!--shirt-->
<container class="tactics_icon_info_panel" id="PsnS" file="" icon_flags="show_number,dont_colour_number,use_player_kits_back"  width="38" iEXP="false">
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<widget class="tactics_kit_picture" id="kitp" />

<container>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top,right" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<!--injury/red/yellow card -->
		<container class="inner_box_no_margin" id="inji" height="16" width="16" oSin="true">
		</container>

</container>
</container>

with

<!--shirt-->
<container width="38">
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>
	<widget class="shirt_number_label" id="PsnS"/>
	<container>
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top,right" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>
		<widget class="picture" file="icons/16px/slightly injured" height="16" width="16" id="inji" scale_picture="true"/>
	</container>
</container>

And the result?

image.thumb.png.bc3ab3e04535d5ea1dfe2a326a796418.png

27 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I must be doing something wrong because it says that ALL my players are slightly injured and the shirt is slightly overlapping the player image.

I had the same issue, in the 'Player Picture' code above this shirt section, just adjust the 'Gap' from -30 to -10.

<container height="50">
                    <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,-1" offset="0" gap="-10" />
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
                           <!-- Player picture -->
                    <widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="pict" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="middle">

This fixed to look like this for me using the Tato Skin Panel as my base file (with the adjustment to 'shirt' section code from above as well)
image.png.81e58bd9c8d7769da38b060537d80dd3.png

10 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

I had the same issue, in the 'Player Picture' code above this shirt section, just adjust the 'Gap' from -30 to -10.

<container height="50">
                    <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,-1" offset="0" gap="-10" />
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
                           <!-- Player picture -->
                    <widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="pict" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="middle">

This fixed to look like this for me using the Tato Skin Panel as my base file (with the adjustment to 'shirt' section code from above as well)
image.png.81e58bd9c8d7769da38b060537d80dd3.png

I will try that and see how it goes. Thanks.

Didn't work. Had the file from Tato22 and made the same changes as you after copying the code posted above and now, I don't even have the widget.

Ignore that part, I didn't have all the containers closed. My problem now is, I don't have the player names on the widget.

Edited by EnigMattic1
Kinda solved.....

22 hours ago, Napolitanos21 said:

It's possible to make the shirts bigger?

You should be able to increase the overall size by increasing the container width. You will have to try a few numbers to see what works best.

<!--shirt-->
                <container width="62">
                    <widget class="shirt_number_label" id="PsnS"/>
                    <container>
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom,right" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>
                <widget class="picture" file="icons/16px/slightly injured" height="16" width="16" id="inji" scale_picture="true"/>
                </container>
                </container>

1 hour ago, FMLuc said:

But the player picture is over there, how to put it in again?

The player picture is not in the default skin so it's logical it's not in this default file. I shared it here to allow people to take the updated code of the shirt widget.

• 10 months later...

Unsure if a similar thing has happened into FM23 - but tried moving this code over with no luck. Anybody already fixed it - can't work out what's up with it and I've not mucked around in the skin code for a fair few months!

scrap that - fixed it.

Edited by giglet13