FM22 - Giornale di Sicilia (Palermo FC)

Jogo Bonito

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MattyLewis11 said:

How many has Brunori scored for you now this season, he certainly looks to be enjoying your system. 

He has 20 now, and Bianchi has 19. The pair of them are really reliable (we play 4132 with a DM, three central midfielders and two strikers). I signed Bianchi and we pay nothing at all for his loan, Brunori was already here on loan at the start and we are paying £3900 per week - a hefty sum for Serie C and by far our biggest earner. No way would I have paid that for him, or anyone else, but he'll see out the season.

10 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Confidence is high that we will hang on to the one automatic promotion spot

Yes - a good position to be in and a 6pt lead should be enough to see you through. But a defeat to Foggia would be problematic, I think. The last month definitely looks interesting :lol:. Good luck :thup:

5 minutes ago, warlock said:

Yes - a good position to be in and a 6pt lead should be enough to see you through. But a defeat to Foggia would be problematic, I think. The last month definitely looks interesting :lol:. Good luck :thup:

Thanks mate, I'll see if I can get these last few games of the season done. Avoiding defeat against Foggia should see us home.

8 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Almost there! Although the pressure is on as it's only one automatic spot. The playoffs in serie C are a mess would definitely want to avoid that. 

41 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Best of luck! Will be nice to see Palermo back into Serie B. 

Thanks guys, just to show how slow I am, I still haven't finished the season :ackter:

21 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Haha this year I am going slow as well unlike usually!

6 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

I’m going slow as well. Maybe it’s the new trend :lol:

I am playing fast because I am excited about what happens next...Unfortunately that leads to a large backup of writing long after the matches are over... (See data dump over the weekend)

31 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

I’m going slow as well. Maybe it’s the new trend :lol:

Ha! Well I am trying to pick up the pace now ;)

22 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I am playing fast because I am excited about what happens next...Unfortunately that leads to a large backup of writing long after the matches are over... (See data dump over the weekend)

Always happens to me too, hence massive update posts on Monday afternoon :lol:

120651765_giornaledisicilia.jpg.895eefc5e30c951e90ed7486e451215b.jpg1231949551_.120annianniversario.jpg.cf918f6a4e3bc847c870147f44be73c8.jpg

With four games left and a six point lead at the top, it was time to visit Foggia - the side sitting in 2nd

I didn't change anything tactically for the match, but was well aware that if we played like usual, we should be able to avoid defeat at the very least

A draw would keep the gap at six points with three games to go, and I was incredibly confident this fixture was our final challenge of the season

The game itself was a tight affair, neither side did enough to win it and the 0-0 was a fair outcome that gained my satisfaction

Campobasso were then welcomed to Palermo and despite missing both first choice strikers through injury, a comfortable 2-0 home win was delivered

After the match it emerged that Foggia had drawn 2-2 in their game, and so the title and trophy were ours 

The final two games were coasted through with no concerns, and with the three teams below jostling for position, the margin of victory ended as a comfortable 10 points

There was then a mini-league Serie C Super Cup to play, with the winners of Serie C-A, C-B and C-C playing each other to determine the Super Cup winners

After a narrow loss at Modena, we thrashed Padova 5-1, but it was Modena who won the final match 2-0 against Padova to take the accolade

236044198_PalermoF.C._Fixtures1.4.png.7872d2ba2bf4a0e185406f54099c91e7.png

Some people are fans of graphs, but whilst the performance graph supports a fairly routine campaign, the financial one doesn't look so good

There are no long-term worries though as money comes in lump sums and the taxman said we still made a profit over the year due to a sale before I arrived

2076711509_Palermoprogress1.3.thumb.png.18305c6ac811835901fbbed4433544fc.png

1131170106_Palermotable1.0.thumb.png.dded8a6714beb6495ebc34c227fb82f4.png

Here are the squad stats across the season, and you can see 11 players made 35 or more starts (out of 45 games in all competitions) 

It's fair to say from this that we knew what our preferred team would be, although the support acts also played a part when required

1989607189_PalermoPlayers1.1.png.0a0fee3d44fe4420a4e9eda3848a183d.png

1042716442_PalermoPlayers1.2.png.6e17ae2527d3e2b500c2870aff44fac6.png

Tactical Insights

It's easy to pick out the two strikers as the top men, but the contributions of left-back Costa and left-side central defender Perrotta were also major

I don't talk about my tactical decisions much, but I do understand the game (real more than FM) and there's one aspect of my choices that I will discuss

Playing 4132 with a defensive midfielder, three central midfielders ahead and two strikers, the natural concern would be 'what about width'

It's easy to see why I made a significant signing when paying £56k for Costa from Napoli, but both him (left) and Almici (right) were deployed as regular full-backs 

It would have been easy to make them wing-backs, but I wanted defensive solidity to build the base from which our more attacking players could thrive

I believed there were (at least) two quality strikers who would create and finishes chances, and in fact they did this even more than I had imagined

So whilst the 'glory' was left to the strikers, the ability of the left-back was a really important part of our play

But the thing that made this work was none of that, the reason it worked was because of my player of the year Perrotta - how so you may ask?

Well, simply put, he is left-footed centre-back, comfortable on the deck with the ball at his feet (also a good defender)

His ability allowed Costa to make advanced runs (not crazy, just a support full-back role) and from there two things would happen

Either Costa would link up with the midfield or strikers, or would find the forwards with a nice low cross or pass in to the box

If that failed, the second thing he would do is to pass back to Perrotta in defence, and that began the second phase of play

- From there, the centre back would use the ball well and either play in to central midfield, or use the in-space Costa, who would then advance again

The ability of this pair to keep the ball and make good decisions meant we were comfortable in possession, and able to make chances for two excellent strikers

Don't get me wrong, the main ability of Perrotta was to defend - and he did it well - but he offered much more to the team than that

The role of the left-sided defender combo also shouldn't take away from the strikers - it was merely a starting point for the front men to grab the (deserved) headlines

.download..png.865db26a7e1c669a1620b9016f0758f8.png

An eye on the future

As the above data shows, both Perrotta & Bianchi have had loan extensions finalised for a further 12 months - both should play key roles in Serie B

Gemello's loan is turning in to a permanent (free) transfer from 1st July 2021, and he should continue to be excellent in goal

The fella called Fella scored in the Serie C opener, but never again, so has long been deemed 'surplus stock'

The future of the final loan man Brunori is less certain, as Juventus wanted over £150k to make the deal permanent

That's a big investment - and so is paying the full £3900 per week wage they want again to have the loan extended

The three barely used defenders Marconi, Crivello and Giron were not needed even last year and will be released at the expiry of their contracts 

Thanks for reading this update from Serie C, next up we will see what has developed in the build-up to the new Serie B season

JB.jpg.997e0b7bdbebc69be2c13911d849ce15.jpg

Edited by Jogo Bonito

2 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

JB.jpg.997e0b7bdbebc69be2c13911d849ce15.jpg

Fantastic performance! So much more room to grow in Serie B and with the club already a decent reputation your pulling power should be right up there. Cannot wait to see what you manage to do. 

Congrats on the title! Let the Renaissance begin!

Tactical Acumen is something I am searching for, and I appreciate the insights.

I am actually looking at more defensive CM's and AM's to take advanced positions. Have you given that a thought.

Get in! Congratulations on securing promotion. Palermo, as mentioned above, will surely present with some strong pulling power which should only assist you upon welcoming Serie B football. The current squad have certainly impressed though and that shouldn't be overlooked.

20 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

Fantastic performance! So much more room to grow in Serie B and with the club already a decent reputation your pulling power should be right up there. Cannot wait to see what you manage to do. 

Thank you, all we need to do now is avoid relegation for about five years. The board expectations are low, I think we should be looking to consolidate for one season and then look to challenge.

20 hours ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Loved your part on Perrotta, not all super heros wear capes and all. Wishing you all the best in Serie B and as @WilsonJuvehas stated Palermo should have some significant pulling power.

Thank you. Yes, no capes present for Perrotta - I like that comment and appreciate your positive feedback on that part of my post. Hopefully the size of the club will help if we do well enough on the pitch.

18 hours ago, warlock said:

Nicely done, and quite comfortable in the end :applause:

Tough choice re: Brunori; do you have a Plan B?

Thanks again. Yes a tough call on Brunori. I now have a young squad and could do with just one striker of a reasonable age. A plus is that he is proven as a partner for Bianchi, but on the other hand, I don't know if he will do it at Serie B level. Finally, but also very prominent, is that I don't like the feeling of being held to ransom. I've got to pre-season and now have a choice of which one from four options I add for the final piece of the Palermo jigsaw. The terms on Brunori are better now than they were before, but I now have three other contenders to consider too.

14 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Congratulations on a well deserved league title! Hope you can keep up the strong performance in serie B as well. 

Thanks, I hope you are right on the Serie B challenge.

10 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Congrats! Appreciate the tactical insights - that build up play and having defenders comfortable on the ball can be huge!

Onto Serie B!

Thanks again, yes a rare tactical discussion for me but glad you enjoyed too.

6 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Congrats on the title! Let the Renaissance begin!

Tactical Acumen is something I am searching for, and I appreciate the insights.

I am actually looking at more defensive CM's and AM's to take advanced positions. Have you given that a thought.

Thanks again, a good season indeed and glad you liked the extra insight. I'll keep my central midfield roles simple, but they need to suit the players and if we don't perform we may need to tweak some things.

2 hours ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

Get in! Congratulations on securing promotion. Palermo, as mentioned above, will surely present with some strong pulling power which should only assist you upon welcoming Serie B football. The current squad have certainly impressed though and that shouldn't be overlooked.

Thanks for that. The size of the club means it deserves at least Serie B, but we have to earn the right on the pitch. You're correct observing that the majority of the squad will still need to be involved. So far just a few loans have ended, three rarely used men were released, and one regular starter has been sold as the fee was significant. The new additions are free or very modest outlays, two extended loans, one new loan (maybe one more might follow) and a few extra bodies for the second team. Evolution rather than revolution is the plan, and the majority of the starters will be given the chance to retain their places in the team.

season-4-bannerf0190954fd1fe5a8.png.ef511b02d34a4a9c8acd6be877eafa9d.png

With pre-season complete, it will soon be time to talk about what has happened in the build up to the new Serie B campaign

Palermo manager Luca Toni is also delighted to reveal the new club kits, created for 2022/23 and now sponsored by Palermo-based company Giglio.com

It's rare for a manager to design his club's new kit, but that is what has happened here - even down to picking the new sponsors

Hopefully the new look will bring continued good luck to the club following promotion last term

962948633_Palermokitsseason2.png.e46f85aeb08a8e3acd676f370da12b15.png

Edited by Jogo Bonito

8 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

season-4-bannerf0190954fd1fe5a8.png.ef511b02d34a4a9c8acd6be877eafa9d.png

With pre-season complete, it will soon be time to talk about what has happened in the build up to the new Serie B campaign

Palermo manager Luca Toni is also delighted to reveal the new club kits, created for 2022/23 and now sponsored by Palermo-based company Giglio.com

It's rare for a manager to design his club's new kit, but that is what has happened here - even down to picking the new sponsors

Hopefully the new look will bring continued good luck to the club following promotion last term

962948633_Palermokitsseason2.png.e46f85aeb08a8e3acd676f370da12b15.png

Italian finezza... :cool:

14 hours ago, warlock said:

That's very... um, pink :lol:

Really like that away shirt though!

Indeed it is pink! Your guess is as good as mine why they chose the 3rd kit to be pink like the home one. Isn't that the point of a 3rd kit, to be, you know, different?

14 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

For a moment I thought that was gigolo.com :lol:

I hadn't thought of that! Might have brought in more money :lol:

10 hours ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Haha nice touch with the new kits 👏

Cheers Matty. A fresh new look.

8 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Italian finezza... :cool:

I can't argue with that :cool:

1801883603_giornaledisicilia.jpg.2daa79adc7af649d40e48a7482d4abba.jpg

Here are the board expectations ahead of the return to Serie B - basically survival would be deemed a success in their eyes

A slightly lower transfer budget than last year in Serie C, but enough in the wages to assemble a competitive squad

912395221_Palermoexpectations2.0.png.5dd3b818170bafb05b45090b3349ba22.png

In addition to a handful of released players not showing here, there were some loans that were not renewed and a few more departures

The major outgoing business saw Cristoforo - a regular from last season - depart for Udinese in a £1.4 million deal 

The Serie A side had virtually met his £1.5m release clause, and he was keen to go - it also represented good business for a player signed for free last summer

The seven players highlighted are the ones joining the first team squad, whilst Panada (DM/MC), Franco (DC), Gelmi (GK) and Samba (ST) are younger and all join the U20 group

Gemello has signed on a free transfer after making 43 appearances in goal for us on loan last year, and he deserves to start this term as first choice

Lezzerini is capable of starting in goal having played at a good level for Venezia, but he'll have to wait his turn until Gemello's high standards dip or he gets injured

Brunori became the final signing to date after a goal-laden loan spell with the club last year - he wasn't our main target but we eventually got him for only £2k p/w wages

Moro (a much talked about striker in Italy now, given his recent scoring exploits) will compete for a place in attack alongside Brunori and Bianchi, whose loan was also extended

Capoferri is a left centre-back who can feature at left-back if required, and ex-Palermo loan man Corrado is the left-back understudy to first choice Costa

The other signing was young Ecuadorian right-back Hurtado, an admired player who was on my shortlist and became available to sign only after he had joined Bologna 

173744245_PalermoF.C._Transfers2.1.thumb.png.ac092da37a68d5bfb0fdce6b02c57e34.png

It looks like a large number of signings, but two of the seven were here last season, and the other five are just squad players rather than automatic starters

This leaves us with a 22-man squad ahead of the new season, including the 4th loan man Perrotta (the third of those to return for a second season)

Broh - who had been sent away on loan before my arrival last year - will be given an opportunity to help replace the departed Cristoforo in central midfield

2003562265_PalermoF.C._players2.1.png.4a68f11a8923fd90976d90161097949f.png513234356_PalermoF.C._players2.2.png.364b250c6aa326fa09df784c1e9201fd.png

The U20 squad contains six players who are capable of joining in with the main group, and these are listed below (Buttaro and Peretti are original Palermo squad members)

805506513_PalermoUnder20squad2.1.png.35b17ab352964e1b3579d87bad6058d0.png

JB.jpg.04ecfcf60ef37a56104009787fa4a3ac.jpg

I have noted that a large section of your squad are in their prime 24-29 which only bodes well for the battle ahead.

The £1.4m from Udinese certainly was good business given the fact that the income was total profit. 

Looking forward to the next update, keen to see what challenges you face in Serie B, given the fact I will no doubt face the same next season. 

1 minute ago, MattyLewis11 said:

I have noted that a large section of your squad are in their prime 24-29 which only bodes well for the battle ahead.

The £1.4m from Udinese certainly was good business given the fact that the income was total profit. 

Looking forward to the next update, keen to see what challenges you face in Serie B, given the fact I will no doubt face the same next season. 

Thanks Matty. Yes that's a constant desire of mine to have the core of the squad 22-29, you'll find that repeated across virtually all of my FM saves in fact. I'm mercenary when it comes to players hitting 30, I'll never renew a contract for somebody over 30 and Dall'Oglio is already clearly marked in my mind as being allowed to leave at the end of the coming season when his contract expires.

Afer the sale, I had around £1m to spend, but given how last year went financially, and belief in my ability to assemble a competitive squad on the cheap, I've left virtually all of that untouched.

I'm sure Serie B will be tough, but I'm expecting mid-table or at the very least to be a safe distance from relegation. Time will tell as I, just like Luca Toni, have never managed in Serie B before.

833987793_giornaledisicilia.jpg.d52bae281974f17f38a8a2b9be28f67b.jpg

614702109_SerieB.png.4ab4bdc5916f4262f1cfdae5243b3bc9.png

The prelude to Serie B saw four friendlies played - results were steady if not spectacular - and then two Cup fixtures which the side scraped through

The opening month of the league season saw four very tight affairs, with one narrow win and three draws demonstrating that we were at least hard to beat

A change from a narrow 4132 to 532 was contemplated as we didn't look very lively in attack, but a reluctance to mess up the defence held up the implementation

And as September shows, that was either a lucky decision, fear/tactical stubbornness, or genius management by Luca Toni 

Three wins from four - and a draw after going 2-0 down at Cittadella (then 2nd) - propelled the side up the table and to top spot after the last round of matches

Every game has been close and there is a near-certainty that the form will soon drop off, but for now it's time to be happy

A side tipped to be right in a relegation battle should not get carried away, and anything above the drop zone will still be considered successful 

Many of the points have been earned by the continuing strike partnership of Bianchi and Brumori, with the latter justifying the choice to re-hire him

But arguably it's outstanding goalkeeper Gemello - who has saved the side time and time again - we can be most grateful to so far

215211588_PalermoF.C._Fixtures2.1.png.4ab7be4e5fd679a7aef7218b048bc186.png

Good summer trading moves has put the club on a much better financial footing, and the aim will be to now break-even on a monthly basis

Below you can see the spiking performance graph, and much healthier financial results

1565403262_Palermoprogress2.1.thumb.png.e888ced12857e013203479926c17dba8.png

Thanks for reading, the next update will be at the end of January 2023

JB.jpg.53172262db4c54ac422b42eb96603820.jpg

Edited by Jogo Bonito

6 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Every game has been close and there is a near-certainty that the form will soon drop of

I think you can take a massive positive from the opening rounds of the season, you are defensively sound, which is always the first area of doubt when entering a new (higher) league. 

If your GK has the highest average rating he too must be capable of playing at that standard. What are his saves % in terms of held, parried, tipped? This will help to see what chances/quality of shot he is preventing.

Finally, I am happy to see your decision on Brunori looks to have been the right one. 

A good start! I liked your reply to Matty regarding the number of players you have in their prime. I always aim to keep my squad within this age-range on the most part but find it difficult to be as ruthless as you, at times. :lol: Certainly reaping the rewards in the early stages of the season.

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Nice solid start there - from the scorelines it looks like your defence is very strong. 

Yes, it's been good to see that - but sometimes we do appear to be a bit passive in games and over-reliant on the goalkeeper. A start way beyond expectations in terms of results though!

3 hours ago, MattyLewis11 said:

I think you can take a massive positive from the opening rounds of the season, you are defensively sound, which is always the first area of doubt when entering a new (higher) league. 

If your GK has the highest average rating he too must be capable of playing at that standard. What are his saves % in terms of held, parried, tipped? This will help to see what chances/quality of shot he is preventing.

Finally, I am happy to see your decision on Brunori looks to have been the right one. 

Thanks Matty. Yes I totally agree on the first requirement after promotion - not to be leaking goals, so that's very encouraging. I made good choices on goalkeepers, as my 2nd choice Lezzerini is probably on a par with Gemello. I gave him the 2nd Cup game as I wanted him to remain positive, but he's definitely ready and waiting for his chance to play regularly. I'm also happy to have signed a good 3rd choice in Gelmi, especially as the trio cost £60k combined (all of that on Lezzerini).

1591788957_LucaGemello_Profile.thumb.png.b83a85d66f3779d17dd8527227c63ba7.png

558169387_LucaLezzerini_Profile.thumb.png.15103c23156a920c66b66fb30d467d83.png

1632850631_LudovicoGelmi_Profile.thumb.png.67ede7f3afe1c52497edd77ee9de2408.png

It looks like the right choice was made on Brunori, delighted with that decision so far.

23 minutes ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

A good start! I liked your reply to Matty regarding the number of players you have in their prime. I always aim to keep my squad within this age-range on the most part but find it difficult to be as ruthless as you, at times. :lol: Certainly reaping the rewards in the early stages of the season.

Thanks mate, appreciated. I'm very clear in my beliefs on the age thing, even down to the forward planning of when contracts expire. Agreed, so far it's been very satisfactory in Serie B.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

4 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

the right choice was made on Brunori

Quite so - good management, that! And a great start to the season.

Interesting situation with GKs. Gelmi looks like he should ultimately be better than both older 'keepers but he'll need games to get there. More good management required :cool:

Great start!  Things might still get tough from here, but I actually found that Serie B wasn't much of a step up from Serie C.  I completely ran away with Serie C and then comfortably won Serie B in consecutive seasons in my FM21 Livorno save - maybe you're in line to do the same! 

Sides will start to close up shop on you, but the main thing is you're not conceding so that's promising, even if the goals start to be harder to come by.

On 12/12/2021 at 15:32, warlock said:

Quite so - good management, that! And a great start to the season.

Interesting situation with GKs. Gelmi looks like he should ultimately be better than both older 'keepers but he'll need games to get there. More good management required :cool:

Yes, definitely strength in depth in the GK ranks. Whether I'm the one to manage them all well remains to be seen.

On 12/12/2021 at 16:08, 13th Man said:

Great start!  Things might still get tough from here, but I actually found that Serie B wasn't much of a step up from Serie C.  I completely ran away with Serie C and then comfortably won Serie B in consecutive seasons in my FM21 Livorno save - maybe you're in line to do the same! 

Sides will start to close up shop on you, but the main thing is you're not conceding so that's promising, even if the goals start to be harder to come by.

Interesting that you found Serie B to be fairly similar. In the early games it was very hard to make chances, I'm really expecting that to become a problem in the near future. However unless the defence and protection in front of them forget their jobs, hopefully we can keep teams out and keep snatching points along the way.

im on a Palermo save as well and loving it! just won back to back promotions and will be heading to serie a in the summer! 

my experience with signings and players was quite different.
- like you i brought in a good amount of very young players on loan planning to keep them around and develop them as time went on

- i kept de rose and he proved to be a very effective playmaker in midfield often finding killer passes to create goals out of nowhere

- i also couldnt unload Crivello and Marconi and ended up offering mutual termination to both around February

- fella has been superb for me! ive played him as a 10 and sometimes on the right wing in a 4-2-3-1 and hes been stellar, ended up keeping him around for serie b as a fringe player too

but my best signing so far has been lorezo lucca who i brought back to the club after his year at pisa to be my star striker. the kid is the all time palermo goalscorer and has a transfer valuation of 60 mil (bought for 2 mil)

also good luck keeping anyone u value as ive had multiple offers for players deemed "too good to refuse" by our ****** owner which has caused a continued struggle to maintain quality

best of luck to you and siamoaquile!

2 hours ago, anastasija said:

im on a Palermo save as well and loving it! just won back to back promotions and will be heading to serie a in the summer! 

my experience with signings and players was quite different.
- like you i brought in a good amount of very young players on loan planning to keep them around and develop them as time went on

- i kept de rose and he proved to be a very effective playmaker in midfield often finding killer passes to create goals out of nowhere

- i also couldnt unload Crivello and Marconi and ended up offering mutual termination to both around February

- fella has been superb for me! ive played him as a 10 and sometimes on the right wing in a 4-2-3-1 and hes been stellar, ended up keeping him around for serie b as a fringe player too

but my best signing so far has been lorezo lucca who i brought back to the club after his year at pisa to be my star striker. the kid is the all time palermo goalscorer and has a transfer valuation of 60 mil (bought for 2 mil)

also good luck keeping anyone u value as ive had multiple offers for players deemed "too good to refuse" by our ****** owner which has caused a continued struggle to maintain quality

best of luck to you and siamoaquile!

Grazie! I'm very interested to hear your similarities and differences, our experiences were quite different it seems!

I really tried to get Lucca back in the summer, especially as Pisa were relegated to Serie C. Unfortunately I couldn't get anywhere near the transfer fee they demanded, and even smashing my wage structure on a loan wasn't enough as the loan fee was ridiculous. He is my number one target, and I keep going back to test the water.

Good luck back in Serie A.     

.siamoaquile.jpg.a68ec6ea5d54fc13d4b889986ad9dd3d.jpg

Edited by Jogo Bonito

On 16/12/2021 at 01:01, anastasija said:

if you want someone similar try scammaca on loan, same type of big forward as lucca and he goes on loan list from sassuolo in my second season. good luck on lucca tho i love the big lad

Thanks, I will definitely grab an ace striker down the line. It may be next season, but I'll always be hoping. Lucca is the ultimate target :cool:

Piccoli was one of the four I had to choose from in the summer. Along with Ferrari and La Gumina (ex-Palermo youngster). Then there were the ones I couldn't get, like Lucca, De Luca and Klauss, I'll make do with Brunori again this season, and hopefully before the 3rd season I can replace him and Bianchi with permanent signings (of better quality).