FM22 - Giornale di Sicilia (Palermo FC)

Jogo Bonito

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not seen any of that, I just know he did well for Palermo and I follow the progress of good players in leagues below the top tier (especially strikers). That's why I picked up Luca Moro, doing well IRL but behind the cycle in FM rating. It's down to me to make him perform like he does IRL, and if it happens the £40k outlay will be exceptional business. 

I've read on these forums that Lucca is a reliable marksman, so you're right in observing he is a no-brainer if he comes in to our budget range :)

• 2 weeks later...

2018215290_giornaledisicilia.jpg.87ce2c26ed9478048f0735a13b51b873.jpg

1984748155_SerieB.png.7cf39b853a0c80f7271a67d3d57cc2fd.png

It's been a long time coming but I'm still managing Palermo and I have finally reached the halfway point in my second season at the club

And having at last relocated to Malta (two days ago) I eventually found time to play a few FM22 games

Nobody will remember now, but Luca Toni had guided the side to the Serie C title in 2021/22

Tipped to then fight a relegation battle, it was even more shocking to see the side top the Serie B table at the end of September 2022

This status was only achieved in the last round of fixtures, and whilst it was not expected to continue like that, it gave lots of early confidence

As can be seen below, it's been a bit of a struggle since then, with three losses and four draws in the league over the next few months

However, despite the Italian Cup exit at the hands of Spezia, the month of December has seen fresh impetus brought back to Palermo

The recovery started with a scrambled 89th minute equaliser at home to leaders Verona (Moro finally scoring his first for the club)

But the real change came after a weak Cup loss to Spezia, when Toni made his first switch from the narrow 4132 formation he had used since taking charge

Moving to 532 certainly seems to have made a difference for now, with two fine wins rounding off the end of 2022 in fine fashion 

1100666856_PalermoF.C._Fixtures2.2.png.e3a359d5efc46c9fbecb5c95b61132c1.png

The performance graph shows the steady decline in results until the last few weeks as the side went down to 9th

The improved form hasn't produced an upward spike yet, but it it has reduced the gap to teams above and now an extended good run could pay dividends 

973355996_Palermoprogress2.2.thumb.png.0c69ced3bfb48dbc1867cca0211b81cd.png

And to end this small update, the boss can now begin to relax a little more after the slump since signing his new contract back in October 2022

1012558462_LucaTonicontract05_10_22.png.9e49fa474eb6a20600625c0b6c2dcc05.png

Thanks for reading, and Happy New Year to all. Let us hope that 2022 brings some more pleasant living conditions across the globe

JB.jpg.6ebf17cdbe1eb608e8af705432328a7c.jpg

Edited by Jogo Bonito

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Yes I hope a corner has been turned, but we are still well above where we should be. It's been tough, but not all doom and gloom.

Happy New Year too John.

Happy new year and all the best for 2022. Some tough results there but sitting 9th after promotion is a massive achievement good luck with the rest of the season. 

On 01/01/2022 at 00:07, WilsonJuve said:

Happy new year and all the best for 2022. Some tough results there but sitting 9th after promotion is a massive achievement good luck with the rest of the season. 

Thanks mate, happy new year too. Yes you're right, we have to look past the slump and be content with the position we are in.

On 01/01/2022 at 00:39, warlock said:

Always a big moment when you make that switch; an even bigger moment when it works :applause:

Yes, something was needed. Whether it lasts or not, we shall see :)

On 01/01/2022 at 02:22, Hootieleece said:

Happy New Year's Jogo! have one of the local adult beverages for me!

I enjoy your updates.

I hope you will enjoy my next project. It is in England and a return to the 1880's.

Thanks again and happy new year belatedly. Ironically I did have a small touch of Sicilian wine on NYE, which was rather nice. I had a Maltese pint a few nights back with a meal, which seemed OK too.

I'll keep an eye out for your 'Olde English' project, that sounds interesting and good luck with it :)

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Tough last couple of months but when put into perspective that you are a newly promoted side, you are still doing well. As we all know, success is more satisfying after a bit of struggle - hopefully this will be part of a successful journey when you look back at your project down the line!

Hope you are settling in, in Malta, @Jogo Bonito. Look forward to reading more of your content in 2022. 

Edited by Dong21

On 01/01/2022 at 06:52, Hootieleece said:

Happy New Year's Jogo! have one of the local adult beverages for me!

I enjoy your updaates.

I hope you will enjoy my next project. It is in England and a return to the 1880's.

1880s?? You have definitely piqued my curiosity.

Happy new year @Jogo Bonito and the rest of the folks on here!

43 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

1880s?? You have definitely piqued my curiosity.

Happy new year @Jogo Bonito and the rest of the folks on here!

I re-read the book, Inverting the Pyramid, and have decided on recreating in Modern Football the original Tactical innovation the 2-3-5.

The team I am going to use had great success in the 1880's with it. In fact, they were the "Original" Invincibles using the tactic.

2 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I re-read the book, Inverting the Pyramid, and have decided on recreating in Modern Football the original Tactical innovation the 2-3-5.

The team I am going to use had great success in the 1880's with it. In fact, they were the "Original" Invincibles using the tactic.

So you're going to take Preston North End then? I read a bit of their history, and they seemed like a Man City or PSG of the times, affording to pay much money than the others (mainly on Scotts). Would be interesting anyways to see how a 2-3-5 works a century later though, will be following. Sorry @Jogo Bonito for derailing your topic :) 

22 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

So you're going to take Preston North End then? I read a bit of their history, and they seemed like a Man City or PSG of the times, affording to pay much money than the others (mainly on Scotts). Would be interesting anyways to see how a 2-3-5 works a century later though, will be following. Sorry @Jogo Bonito for derailing your topic :) 

@Muttley84 Yes, I will, but now a days they are midtable championship mediocrities. The Man City/PSG will never come unless I get a Tycoon takeover.

Sorry, about derailing the update. @Jogo Bonito

In fact, to get it back on track I will buy Sicilian Pizza for dinner....

A bit of a tough run, but 9th halfway through the season as a newly promoted club is nothing to scoff at! Especially when you’re only 6 behind the leaders in a a very congested top half. 
Funny to see Sudtirol right up at the top! If I remember correctly, they have a tiny stadium and didn’t do well during my Livorno save, but they always played well against me - were a bit of a boogie team.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much. It's not been so sunny yet, but it should be soon! Unfortunately I haven't had any FM time at all since the New Year but might be able to get some games in soon. It probably won't be with Palermo unfortunately, but I may kickstart my other planned save with Valencia which sadly never got going.