[FM22 EDITOR][MOD] Customize Editor

NEW VERSION

This is a “base” skin to the editor that allows to customize the editor.

You can customize the look (skinning) or/and the functionality (allow hidden options, change limits of teams in cups, ....).

1. Extract this in your skins' folder.

editor.zip

editor-22.3.zip

editor22.4.0.rar

2. Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive and delete Editor 2022 folder.

3. If you didn't change the location of the game files, go to 9.

4. If you change the location of the game files, you need to change also in the editor.

5. Go into Steam → Library and  located Football Manager 2022 Editor and right-click on.

6. Select 'Properties…'

7. In 'Launch Options' copy the following into the dialogue box: --user_data_location="<path>”

8. In the <path> section, enter the exact path to the location of the game files.

9. Launch the Editor.

I have changed the location of the game files:

2126826092_SemTtulo.png.cb4269b7a347c2e5136d8ae7dae3bcf5.png

in the steam I have:

238514214_SemTtulo1.png.082d11ec9282400e34cc52043b88a87e.png

P. S. — If you make changes to the skin, you need to go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive and delete Editor 2022 folder, before relaunch the editor to changes take effect.

Edited by cleiria
New Version - 22.4.0

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How to Change Background?

1. Go to  ...\editor\graphics\backgrounds, put the background you want and saved with the name default.png

2. Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive and delete Editor 2022 folder.

3. Launch the Editor and have a new background.

I have a skin in the game that I like to have it in the editor. It is possible ?

1. Go to  ...\skins\editor and delete the fonts and graphics folders.

2. Open the file skin_config.xml and locate the following code: <flags id="parent" value="fm-widgets" />.

3. Open the file skin_config.xml of the skin you want and locate the code: <string id="skin_name" value=".............." />.

4. Copy the value=".............." /> over  value="fm-widgets" />, you must have <flags id="parent" value=".............." />.

5. Go to the settings folder of the skin you want and copy the settings file to the settings folder of the editor skin and rename it editor settings.

6. Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive and delete Editor 2022 folder.

7. Launch the Editor.

Edited by cleiria
More Information

It won't work for me when i do all the steps like you mentioned.
No changes to the editor. :(

Did all the steps you've mentioned again, now when i've start the editor by Steam, i get a black screen in the editor. :(

it works! :applause:

Edited by HollyWoods

vor 5 Minuten schrieb cleiria:

you have Launched the Editor from Steam, no shortcut?

Yes, but i didn't changed the path, that was the problem. Now it works.

It's a good alternativ for the Standard Editor Skin, but for me not the best possible option.
In my opinion, the best way is a light grey skin with black text and to start by shortcuts in my taskbar.

14 minutos atrás, HollyWoods disse:

It won't work for me when i do all the steps like you mentioned.
No changes to the editor. :(

Did all the steps you've mentioned again, now when i've start the editor by Steam, i get a black screen in the editor. :(

it works! :applause:

:brock:

1 minuto atrás, HollyWoods disse:

Yes, but i didn't changed the path, that was the problem. Now it works.

It's a good alternativ for the Standard Editor Skin, but for me not the best possible option.
In my opinion, the best way is a light grey skin with black text and to start by shortcuts in my taskbar.

The text's colour i'm not able to change.

Launch by shortcut, i'm investigating.

4 minutos atrás, HollyWoods disse:

Thank you again! :)

Can you do a test for me?

try this and see if it works.

1. Extract this in ...\Documents\Sports Interactive\Editor 2022\skins folder.

editor.zip 623 kB · 4 downloads

3. Launch the Editor from shortcut.

Edited by cleiria

vor 7 Minuten schrieb cleiria:

Can you do a test for me?

try this and see if it works.

editor.zip 623 kB · 4 downloads

3. Launch the Editor from shortcut.

Thx for this.
Desktop shortcut works, taskbar shorcut not.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb cleiria:

can you send a print of the proprieties of the taskbar shortcut?

Where can i find the taskbar properities?

I'm starting the Editor by Steam or Desktop shortcut, then right click on the starting editor and click pin on taskbar (hopefully thats the translation from german to english). That's all.

3 minutos atrás, HollyWoods disse:

Where can i find the taskbar properities?

I'm starting the Editor by Steam or Desktop shortcut, then right click on the starting editor and click pin on taskbar (hopefully thats the translation from german to english). That's all.

Try this

clear the launch options in steam

Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive and delete Editor 2022 folder.

unpin from taskbar

Launch the Editor

pin on taskbar

close the editor

launch from taskbar shortcut

vor 2 Minuten schrieb cleiria:

Try this

clear the launch options in steam

Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive and delete Editor 2022 folder.

unpin from taskbar

Launch the Editor

pin on taskbar

close the editor

launch from taskbar shortcut

If i clear the launch options, there will be the standard skin and this mod will not be reflected.

1 minuto atrás, HollyWoods disse:

If i clear the launch options, there will be the standard skin and this mod will not be reflected.

If you have this, no problem

editor.zip 623 kB · 7 downloads

3. Launch the Editor.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb cleiria:

Desktop shortcut

Doesn't work for me by the further steps. :(

3. Launch the Editor.

33 minutos atrás, priority76 disse:

Thanks for this.  Is there a way to change the pink highlight colour?

Download the new version

Navigate to ...\editor\settings\editor settings.

In this file you have all the codes for colours.

I don't know which one is necessary to edit .

To test any change you do, go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive and delete Editor 2022 folder, before relaunch the editor.

42 minutos atrás, HollyWoods disse:

Doesn't work for me by the further steps. :(

3. Launch the Editor.

No more ideas.

On 10/11/2021 at 13:58, cleiria said:

NEW VERSION

This is a "base" skin to the editor that allows to customize the editor.

You can customize the look (skinning) or/and the functionality (allow hidden options, change limits of teams in cups, ....).

1. Extract this in your skins folder.

editor.zip 642.08 kB · 53 downloads

3. If you didn't change the location of the game files, go to 9.

4. If you change the location of the game files, you need to change also in the editor.

5. Go into Steam → Library and  located Football Manager 2022 Editor and right-click on.

6. Select 'Properties...'

7. In 'Launch Options' copy the following into the dialogue box: --user_data_location="<path>"

8. In the <path> section, enter the exact path to the location of the game files.

9. Launch the Editor.

P. S. - If you make changes to the skin, you need to go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive and delete Editor 2022 folder, before relaunch the editor to the changes take effect.

Hello, I've launched the editor after downloading this, and accidently clicked on skin > FM and I've got a black screen on the editor and I can't do anything. I've tried uninstalling and installing the editor again and it's not worked. What can I do to get the editor back please?

7 minutos atrás, FCUtdWill disse:

Hello, I've launched the editor after downloading this, and accidently clicked on skin > FM and I've got a black screen on the editor and I can't do anything. I've tried uninstalling and installing the editor again and it's not worked. What can I do to get the editor back please?

4 minutes ago, cleiria said:

Is there any way I can change the font in the settings? I was able to in the 2021 editor but haven't found a way in this year's yet.