[FM22.4] Norwegian lower leagues down to 10th tier (updated 24.03.22)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Malicious Penguin said:

Hi @XaW, unfortunately I've had to choose between"touch" and bloat, and went with touch - so sadly I can't play this anymore :(

No worries. Enjoy the game in whatever shape or form! :) 

Wow - that was fast work!  I take it the FM22 Editor is playing nicely?

Since 2003/04, I had been playing CM03/04 off and on for many years - in fact until spring 2019 when I finally gave FM and FM19 a try.  In one of my long term CM03/04 saves, I managed Styrn in a Norwegian Dafuge style challenge and managed to win the Champions League.  I'll be trying a Stryn save with your file in between a San Marino Challenge (I clearly have issues doing things like these to myself!), so just wanted to say thank you for your work - making these leagues playable is beyond me in the editor and they add so much to my enjoyment of the game!

10 minutes ago, duesouth said:

Wow - that was fast work!  I take it the FM22 Editor is playing nicely?

Since 2003/04, I had been playing CM03/04 off and on for many years - in fact until spring 2019 when I finally gave FM and FM19 a try.  In one of my long term CM03/04 saves, I managed Styrn in a Norwegian Dafuge style challenge and managed to win the Champions League.  I'll be trying a Stryn save with your file in between a San Marino Challenge (I clearly have issues doing things like these to myself!), so just wanted to say thank you for your work - making these leagues playable is beyond me in the editor and they add so much to my enjoyment of the game!

Yeah, it was surprisingly easy, even though the file is not perfect yet. I learned a lot last time, so I can avoid falling into the same pitfalls as I did then.

Thanks, I'll try to update this, but let me know if you spot any errors. I've holidayed 4-5 seasons a few times now and not seen that much issue, so I hope it's stable.

2 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

@XaW The teams that get promoted to the 5th tier automatically turn Semi-Pro whilst all the other teams are amateur, is there any way to stop this?

I'll have a look.

4 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

@XaW The teams that get promoted to the 5th tier automatically turn Semi-Pro whilst all the other teams are amateur, is there any way to stop this?

I have looked, but I can't really see any reason why this happens. However, someone on Steam noticed that I have rules against amateur players, so I'm working on removing those.

• XaW changed the title to [WIP][FM22] Norwegian lower leagues (updated 09.11.21)
39 minutes ago, RussoTuristo said:

There are both of 4. Divisijon and three Tipping-ligaen. I think it is a reason

18580493_.png.f4be9f261a627ee7471333766b610081.png

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried removing 4. Divisjon Oslo 1 from there, but it still pops up there for some reason.

9 minutes ago, Malicious Penguin said:

@XaWin the full game is there an issue with African *nations* appearing in the league system?  

Not in any of the saves I've created. I've holidayed 4-5 years a few times and never experienced it. Don't know if that's an Xbox-only error or something?

19 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I think it’s been happening for a few years now, I always had the same issue with teams turning semi pro after a promotion. The only way I can think of a solution is make all the clubs semi pro, but I think in the competitions screen you can make them only offer amateur contracts to players.

16 hours ago, XaW said:

I'll have a look.

3 hours ago, XaW said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried removing 4. Divisjon Oslo 1 from there, but it still pops up there for some reason.

My favoured way of making reserve teams for clubs these days is making them as separate clubs and adding an affiliation between them. That sometimes stops reserve teams winning every week as well.

2 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

I think it’s been happening for a few years now, I always had the same issue with teams turning semi pro after a promotion. The only way I can think of a solution is make all the clubs semi pro, but I think in the competitions screen you can make them only offer amateur contracts to players.

Yeah, I had a look and there is not setup to force teams to change status. I'll have a look a the contract thing, you wouldn't happen to know the whereabouts of it?

2 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

My favoured way of making reserve teams for clubs these days is making them as separate clubs and adding an affiliation between them. That sometimes stops reserve teams winning every week as well.

I've looked into it, but found it easier to just add a 2nd or a 3rd team. But it's this one single 3rd team that bounce around, and for the life of me I can't seem to figure out why. All other 2nd or 3rd teams seems to stay in their correct sub division, but this one team...

20 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, I had a look and there is not setup to force teams to change status. I'll have a look a the contract thing, you wouldn't happen to know the whereabouts of it?

I've looked into it, but found it easier to just add a 2nd or a 3rd team. But it's this one single 3rd team that bounce around, and for the life of me I can't seem to figure out why. All other 2nd or 3rd teams seems to stay in their correct sub division, but this one team...

I’m going to look as I’ll be doing the same thing myself so want to make sure it’s there. I want to say it’s on the contract types in the leagues themselves on the database, not in the nation rules. I’ll double check and let you know.

If it’s still showing on your file in your first post I’ll have a look to see if there’s anything I can see about them and let you know. Is there anything in their regional divisions tab that says different?

31 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

I’m going to look as I’ll be doing the same thing myself so want to make sure it’s there. I want to say it’s on the contract types in the leagues themselves on the database, not in the nation rules. I’ll double check and let you know.

If it’s still showing on your file in your first post I’ll have a look to see if there’s anything I can see about them and let you know. Is there anything in their regional divisions tab that says different?

Thanks!

They have a 50-50 at each of the two Oslo sub divisions. Since it doesn't really matter who goes into which, but when I load up I get 15 in one and 13 in the other, and Bærum 2 is the one that has swapped based on my setup. So in that file they have both regional sub divisions, but I removed one of them, but they still ended up in the one I removed. I had the exact same issue in FM21, but I never got around to fixing it there. So if you find out, I'd be more than happy! :) 

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Thanks!

They have a 50-50 at each of the two Oslo sub divisions. Since it doesn't really matter who goes into which, but when I load up I get 15 in one and 13 in the other, and Bærum 2 is the one that has swapped based on my setup. So in that file they have both regional sub divisions, but I removed one of them, but they still ended up in the one I removed. I had the exact same issue in FM21, but I never got around to fixing it there. So if you find out, I'd be more than happy! :) 

To confirm, the contract types is in each league in the database (not nation rules), I've had a look this afternoon.

I've just noticed in Bærum's page on the database, in the reserve team section, they're showing in Avdeling 1 on there when they're meant to be in 2. This is why they're showing in 1 on game start. :)

Edited by FCUtdWill

3 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

To confirm, the contract types is in each league in the database (not nation rules), I've had a look this afternoon.

I've just noticed in Bærum's page on the database, in the reserve team section, they're showing in Avdeling 1 on there when they're meant to be in 2. This is why they're showing in 1 on game start. :)

l'll have a look at the leagues and see if I can change something.

I found the thing in Bærum's reserve team and I'm currently verifying to make sure it works. If it does, you are my hero!

26 minutes ago, XaW said:

@FCUtdWillyou are my hero! <3

Needless to say, the next update will have Bærum 2 in the right regional sub division!

Glad to hear it worked for you as well! :D

Are you going to be doing the full pyramid out of interest? I've started following a Norwegian team this year in Oslo but they're in the bottom division. 

8 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Glad to hear it worked for you as well! :D

Are you going to be doing the full pyramid out of interest? I've started following a Norwegian team this year in Oslo but they're in the bottom division. 

I've been thinking about it, but I don't know yet. What team is it? Out of interest, I mean.

Just now, XaW said:

I've been thinking about it, but I don't know yet. What team is it? Out of interest, I mean.

Okay no worries, I was thinking of making a Norway file myself along with a few other nations, just need to do the research!

I'm following Idrettslaget TRY, they're a new team to the league :)

• XaW changed the title to [WIP][FM22] Norwegian lower leagues (updated 10.11.21)
1 hour ago, FCUtdWill said:

Okay no worries, I was thinking of making a Norway file myself along with a few other nations, just need to do the research!

Nice, let me know if you do, I'll check it out.

Not a team I'm familiar with! Will check them out.

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

Nice, let me know if you do, I'll check it out.

Not a team I'm familiar with! Will check them out.

Of course, I will do, I might make it based on the 2022 season as we're coming to the end of the Norwegian season this year. 

They have a website themselves but there's some info on them on the Norwegian FA website.

Many thanks @XaWfor the work you've put in on this, it's really appreciated since Norway has been my favourite league to use in my long term FM career since FM2019. Not sure why as I'm English but there you go. :D

I have to decide whether to wait for the patch to fix the possession issue, since for me its quite a big thing. However, I do just want to get started now this is available. Decisions decisions.

Edited by TheMattB81

Just as a general information, I've started on a the next version of this, and I hope I can add all leagues and teams. So far I've created all the basic divisions and started to add/create teams. When that is done, I will need to sort out the structure with promotion/relegation and league rules. This will most likely take a while, but it's a fun challenge to go through anyway.

9 hours ago, Number seven said:

Hammerfest IF/Stein seems to be missing from 4. division Finnmark. Theycame second this season so it's a big miss.

HIF-Stein is present in that division:

VDqZjlM.png

Thank you so much for this!

I've spent the last few days trying to learn advanced rule editing to make promotion playoffs work properly myself, but with limited success :lol: This will be my first save with my home town club Hif-Stein in over a decade. Much appreciated @XaW

8 hours ago, XaW said:

HIF-Stein is present in that division:

VDqZjlM.png

Hif-Stein have a "maximum age" set to 19 on their details page in this database. I'm guessing that's where the question comes from, as the only selectable team in the club view ingame is an u19s one. That's also the team that's entered in the division.

26 minutes ago, OrjaN said:

Hif-Stein have a "maximum age" set to 19 on their details page in this database. I'm guessing that's where the question comes from, as the only selectable team in the club view ingame is an u19s one. That's also the team that's entered in the division.

Ah! Yeah, I see it. Had it set for a few other teams as well. Will remove it in the next version. In the mean time, here is the same file as v2 only with the maximum age removed for all teams (hopefully).

Norwegian_lower_leagues_xaw_2.fmf

1 minute ago, Number seven said:

Must be som database mixup, as they were not in my game. Will test again.

Please download the file in the post above yours, since there was some issue with maximum age for HIF-Stein among other teams. Could be something there that's messing things up.

On 10/11/2021 at 20:39, FCUtdWill said:

Here is Try!

5hAPBwK.png

10 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Yay, that’s brilliant! Thank you so much :D are you making a double round robin for all leagues?

Yeah, all leagues are set up basically the same. 2 match against all other teams and the top and bottom team goes up/down. Some changes to fit things in. Done a few shortcuts (no 4th and 5th teams for example), but nothing big, I think. I have not made the Kretsmesterskap (regional champion), since it wouldn't have much impact anyway.

23 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, all leagues are set up basically the same. 2 match against all other teams and the top and bottom team goes up/down. Some changes to fit things in. Done a few shortcuts (no 4th and 5th teams for example), but nothing big, I think. I have not made the Kretsmesterskap (regional champion), since it wouldn't have much impact anyway.

That’s great, I know they all played only once from the fourth tier downwards this year due to the late start of the season.

If you’re wanting to add fourth and fifth teams to clubs, make them as separate clubs and then add an affiliation between them all. 

33 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

That’s great, I know they all played only once from the fourth tier downwards this year due to the late start of the season.

If you’re wanting to add fourth and fifth teams to clubs, make them as separate clubs and then add an affiliation between them all. 

Yeah, I've avoided some of the specifics for this season, and reassembled the divided sub divisions into what it seems they will next season. I just finished with the last of the regional setups for all teams. I had forgotten teams in the upper 3 tiers, so after a holiday things got mixed up. So currently verifying the file and run a few holiday saves to see that things look stable, and then I'll upload it here as a semi-finished version. I'm certain I've made some errors along the way, so I won't say it's perfect! :D

Just now, XaW said:

Yeah, I've avoided some of the specifics for this season, and reassembled the divided sub divisions into what it seems they will next season. I just finished with the last of the regional setups for all teams (I had forgotten teams in the upper 3 tiers, so after a holiday things got mixed up. So currently verifying the file and run a few holiday saves to see that things look stable, and then I'll upload it here as a semi-finished version. I'm certain I've made some errors along the way, so I won't say it's perfect! :D

Yeah, some of the sub divisions were smaller this season, if I was releasing a file I’d be combining some of them to make bigger divisions. Looking forward to seeing your database when you release it :D if you need any help with anything give me a shout, I’ve spent way too long on the editor these last few years :D

8 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Yeah, some of the sub divisions were smaller this season, if I was releasing a file I’d be combining some of them to make bigger divisions. Looking forward to seeing your database when you release it :D if you need any help with anything give me a shout, I’ve spent way too long on the editor these last few years :D

Yeah, I only started using the editor with FM21, so I'm still a real noob on this, but I am very resistant to boredom from repetitive tasks. Well needed for this as I had to create roughly a billion teams not already in the database! :D

• XaW changed the title to [FM22] Norwegian lower leagues down to 10th tier(updated 13.11.21)

Added the, for now, final version that includes everything down to the 10th tier. If anyone spots any errors, please let me know, and I'll see if I can fix it.

On 09/11/2021 at 14:50, XaW said:

The first season starts AFTER some of the preliminary rounds of Norgesmesterskapet. Not sure if this is solvable.

The earliest start is 1.3.2021 in last version. Draw is already complete but preliminary round is not played yet. I think it is simulated differently from save to save

Spoiler

1730314221_.thumb.png.e8bd885f1a033e1db2a42d6460d5c922.png

UPD: 21.2.2022 start is 2 days before the draw for next season cup. There should be a way to shift start date a bit for 1st season aswell

Edited by RussoTuristo

2 hours ago, RussoTuristo said:

The earliest start is 1.3.2021 in last version. Draw is already complete but preliminary round is not played yet. I think it is simulated differently from save to save

Reveal hidden contents

1730314221_.thumb.png.e8bd885f1a033e1db2a42d6460d5c922.png

UPD: 21.2.2022 start is 2 days before the draw for next season cup. There should be a way to shift start date a bit for 1st season aswell

Good shout on the first one, I'll add it to the opening post.

I had a look, but I can't find out how to move it for the first season. But since the draw really doesn't matter that much, I'm not that bothered as long as it's before the cup games are played.