[FM22-Derby County] Why manage the Rams? How are you getting on?

Stuniverse

5 hours ago, Adamm90 said:

Ended up winning the league despite the players being on the beach after getting promoted.

Congratulations, @Adamm90. And despite the players packing their suitcases you still ended up four points clear of Brighton in 2nd.

Working my way backwards with this update, but this was my transfer activity during the second season. The only out of contract player I decided to keep was Nathan Byrne (and Tom Lawrence but he left for Aberdeen) so there was a lot of work to be done. Hause and Murphy were great free transfers, and Freddie Woodman was an absolute steal at £300k - 24 clean sheets in the league. I was struggling to find a good forward so I ended up spending a bit more than I would've initially wanted to on Woodrow, but he ended the season with 20 league goals in 34 games.

Good signings who helped you achieve the promotion.

Outs - Shinnie had barely played in the first half of the season then Sunderland came in with an offer which I couldn't refuse at his age. Similar with Forsyth, he'd not played at all and his physical attributes had really gone downhill.

Again good pieces of business as neither are getting any younger. If they weren’t playing for you, then you might as well take what cash you could get for them.

I'm really struggling for players for the Premier league. £30-odd million sounds like a lot, but half of it ends up going on the wage bill.

You got over 100 points in the Championship so you have a solid foundation to build on, but yes it’s amazing how much of the money goes on salaries once you reach the Premier League.

Congratulations on getting the 🐏s promoted and good luck 🍀 in the Premier League.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started a Derby County save alongside the team i support Celtic save this year and have to admit am playing the Derby one more and loving it. Currently in the first week of November and sitting 3 points above the relegation spots, Still no takeover yet and have not really had a fire sale. Only main loss was Graeme Shinnie to Montreal for 600K and Phil Jagielka looks like he is off to a new club with a few clubs offering him pre contracts. 

small update to my progress, brought in a right back Felix Agu from Bayern on loan who can play on either side of the defence. Bayern wanted a mandatory fee of £3.3m when he had played 5 games which i thought was reasonable.

Last game was a 1-1 draw at home to Liverpool, prior to that beat Newcastle 5-0 away at St James Park. Through to the 5th round of the FA Cup played the reserves in both ties Home and away to Woking and Lincoln. Premier League opposition await at Home to Southampton

image.png.61f0d78e39bd993c3fad4f97651ea89f.png

Beilik has refused to sign a new contract and has announced he will be looking at his options at the end of the season. Havent been able to offload Fletcher and Pritchard either, so they will probably be leaving on a free at the end of their contracts

Edited by Recyclic3021
numpty

Lost the QF 2-0, tbh they battered us and didnt deserve anything.

On a plus point one my players got the No. 1 spot in the NxGn top 50 wonderkids which i was surprised about. No.2 in the list is also a Derby player, Leigh Arthur who i bought from Cardiff last season.

image.png.6be02a42294deb7574da7e381ad15b13.png

Arranged a transfer for £6m when he got into the Croation u18's as a 16 year old. He had good physicals then, I've been trying to train him as a DC as well but haven't been able to play him there so often

22 appearences this season so far with a 7.20 Avg

1 hour ago, Recyclic3021 said:

I want a new chairman !!

Blimey. I’ve never seen that before, @Recyclic3021!  So is your current Chairman looking to sell?

At least it looks like you still have good transfer and wage budgets.

And everything was going so well for you too.

Let’s rewind…

Great Cup run. Shame you couldn’t pull off an upset against Liverpool.

What a fantastic achievement finishing 6th and qualifying for the EC. Congratulations. And with victories over Chelsea and Man Utd, you seem to becoming competitive against the big guns.

Dane Scarlett sounds like he might be some player. How did he get on after breaking Kevin Hector’s record for fastest Derby goal ever?

Some quality newgens you’ve got there as well.

Any news on Krystian Bielik? Will he stay or will he go?

Let’s hope the Chairman situation resolved itself so that you can continue the great strides you’re making with Derby County.

Good luck 🍀

Edited by Stuniverse

On 13/11/2021 at 17:54, petauk said:

Started a Derby County save alongside the team i support Celtic save this year and have to admit am playing the Derby one more and loving it.

Welcome to Derby County management on FM22, @petauk. I’m glad you’re enjoying the save.

Currently in the first week of November and sitting 3 points above the relegation spots

That’s good going. Well done. Where would you be without the -12? That should put you in a good position to kick-on for the rest of the season and climb towards mid-table.

Still no takeover yet and have not really had a fire sale.

Are there any rumblings in the media about a takeover. The fire sale is more often loans than permanents but it varies from save to save.

Only main loss was Graeme Shinnie to Montreal for 600K

I can’t remember what Shinnie’s value range is in game but that sounds like decent money for him since he’s in the last year of his contract. Was he playing much for you and, if he was, who’s stepped up to replace him?

Phil Jagielka looks like he is off to a new club with a few clubs offering him pre contracts. 

A lot of people report that Jagielka’s abilities drop off quite drastically in the first season so this might not be such a bad thing.

I hope you get a takeover soon so that you can be ready for the January transfer window.

Good luck 🍀

Question about Backroom staff whilst in Administration

We’ve talked a lot on this thread about players who get sold or loaned out under Admin but is anyone losing Backroom staff to other clubs?

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

So is your current Chairman looking to sell?

Nope

image.png.badc44dd63ce27bf6ec468a7291e8f36.png

Dane Scarlett sounds like he might be some player. How did he get on after breaking Kevin Hector’s record for fastest Derby goal ever?

He's performed well, 18 goals in 28 Premier League games and 3 goals in 3 games of the Carabao Cup 

I needed a striker and he was one of the most valueable ones on the loan list that was willing to come. Tottenham insisted on an option to buy that i wasnt so bothered about, £15m was quite a bit for someone with not many appearances or goals but i didnt want to rely on a grumpy Fletcher, who wanted 70k a week to sign a new contract. He's done so well by the end of the season he was valued over £50m so i snapped him up as soon as my transfer budget was confirmed.

image.thumb.png.6d5cc62e4f2f08305cd5b5ad91e4d5d2.png

Paulo Cesar has joined as well, which is good news as Daniel Ballard has received bids from a promoted Burnley and Everton, which meet a release clause in his contract. I have offered a new contract for him to stay but i'm waiting to see if he agrees.

18 year old Bolivian International Left-Back Manuel Apaza has also joined for £600k, another youngster who has taken to the international stage like a duck to water at an early age with 16 caps already.

Any news on Krystian Bielik? Will he stay or will he go?

He's going, not signed a pre-contract after turning down Legia. Refuses to negotiate a new deal so will be leaving on a free at the end of the month.

Will probably be looking to sell Sibley, Buchanan and possibly Bird as well. Not performing when brought in to the team nor progressing as they arent getting much first team football. Jason Knight who is the club captain is the only player from the original squad who is likely to be here at the start of the season.

13 minutes ago, Recyclic3021 said:

Nope

So your Chairman has withdrawn his financial backing but has no intention of selling the club. What does that even mean? That the club has to be self-sustainable? How do the finances look?

3 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

So your Chairman has withdrawn his financial backing but has no intention of selling the club. What does that even mean? That the club has to be self-sustainable? How do the finances look?

Finances are great, I've never had an issue with the wage buget and according to the FFP we've made over £200m in profit in 4 years. I don't think the chairman i have is loaded anyway, he's just sitting back getting rich off my hard work :(

funnily enough my objectives again for this season are to fight relegation (in fact my 5 year objective has the same assumption, for every season, i'm assuming this is a bug in the game).......don't think thats going to happen unless my squad is raided by cash rich Saudi owned clubs. Ha, looking at these objectives im failing miserably against the only required objective. Developing players through the youth system - ranking is Devestated. I should have been sacked by now !!

9 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Question about Backroom staff whilst in Administration

We’ve talked a lot on this thread about players who get sold or loaned out under Admin but is anyone losing Backroom staff to other clubs?

I think I lost a U18 coach while in Administration but I don't remember who it was.

For anybody interested.

This was the progress of Dylan Williams after the first season of being mentored by a Model Citizen (Jagielka) 

I played him regularly, making 40 apps.

Not bad for 18, I'm going to work on his crossing.

256278366_Screenshot2021-11-13at08_03_14.thumb.png.b557e94ee44417a53e4f642fa31fd9e9.png

10 minutes ago, Mardy said:

For anybody interested.

This was the progress of Dylan Williams after the first season of being mentored by a Model Citizen (Jagielka) 

I played him regularly, making 40 apps.

Not bad for 18, I'm going to work on his crossing.

256278366_Screenshot2021-11-13at08_03_14.thumb.png.b557e94ee44417a53e4f642fa31fd9e9.png

Thanks, @Mardy. Dylan Williams is developing nicely there.

How did you manage to keep him as a lot of people are losing him to other clubs?

I think I may have got lucky with the takeover in my save, I was given 8M to spend at the start of the second season!

I also got a golden generation youth intake, I got a lot of those in previous editions but this one generally gave me around 10 players that could break into the first team it looks like!

15 minutes ago, dabest said:

I think I may have got lucky with the takeover in my save, I was given 8M to spend at the start of the second season!

I think you may be right, @dabest. Great news.

At what stage in season one did your takeover happen?

16 minutes ago, dabest said:

also got a golden generation youth intake, I got a lot of those in previous editions but this one generally gave me around 10 players that could break into the first team it looks like!

Even better news.

How did you get on in the first season? We’re you able to overcome the -12 and keep the Rams in the Championship?

Thanks for sharing.

Takeover happened just before the end of the first transfer window, there was no money to spend and no excess wage budget so I was expecting the same in the second season. I did save a lot of money in the January window however, selling Lawrence / Roos / Marshall / Stearman / Kazim off the top of my head.

I did stay up but there was a point where I thought I would be relegated for the first time on FM! I started great but there was run of roughly 15 games without a win, luckily a strong end to the season saved me.

I have brought back a lot of old faces in the second season like Archie Brown / Kaide Gordon / Matt Clarke / Jeff Hendrick / Max Lowe so looking forward to carrying on the save, Morgan Whittaker and Bogle hopefully next season lol

Broken my transfer record again this summer, £26.5m for Spanish u21 international Lamine Gassama

image.png.137835dfdf8d42f27a44b344b4739fe9.png

also picked up his u21 compatriot GK Pascual for free, out of contract with Real Madrid. Looks like he could be considerably better than Iverson. Konigsdorffer is on free too and he's on plenty of FM22 wonderkid lists this season. Competition for Scarlett up front.

image.png.77868a2fe1eb8e3fa11cab0b55a3dde1.png

image.png.45f0604bc6ecf069f156ac8d480033e7.png

image.png.80339b713ff15f25cf7e92f5945eb1d4.png

image.png.0a3703519f6c1ed0321f7367af1bbcfe.png

Transfer deadline day has just been and gone 

Only one major transfer incoming. Seiwald incoming as a replacement. Wendel is another good brazilian DC newgen who has played as a 16 year old in the national u18's and is a regular in their u21

image.png.17dd9f6f37ad1f5e12322f5bee4c845e.png

The reason i brought Seiwald in being i lost a major member of the first team squad

image.png.97b9eed6224348a162b267f12e6549c3.png

Rovella left on deadline day following Arsenal's activation of his release clause. Had tried getting him on a new contract but he wanted £200k+ a week and still with a £40m release clause.

Still considering he signed on a free i cant complain about the revenue. Profit on every other player sale has allowed the bigger signings we've made this summer.

Table as it stands. Opening day draw away to Newcastle followed by wins at home to Brighton & West Ham

image.png.df6284b37bfdcaa21e3d73487a3df737.png

4 hours ago, Recyclic3021 said:

On another note i see irl

Derby have accepted a new nine-point deduction for breaking the EFL's financial rules, taking their total penalty to minus 21 points this season. The are far adrift of safety and relegation looks certain.

Yes…

But at least it sounds like this draws a line under everything up to and including last season. All we need now is a new owner so we can rebuild and start again with a clean slate, albeit 99.9% certain to be in League One next season.

Real-life Update

The EFL docked Derby County a further nine points today so that -12 became -21.

As far as I’m aware, if you want to recreate this in your own saves, you need to do it via Advanced Rules in the pre-game Editor.

I’m not sure how you do that, at least I’ve never been able to get Advanced Rules to validate, so I’ll have to leave that for someone cleverer than me to advise on.

8 hours ago, Recyclic3021 said:

Broken my transfer record again this summer, £26.5m for Spanish u21 international Lamine Gassama

8 hours ago, Recyclic3021 said:

also picked up his u21 compatriot GK Pascual for free, out of contract with Real Madrid. Looks like he could be considerably better than Iverson. Konigsdorffer is on free too and he's on plenty of FM22 wonderkid lists this season. Competition for Scarlett up front.

Transfer deadline day has just been and gone 

Only one major transfer incoming. Seiwald incoming as a replacement. Wendel is another good brazilian DC newgen who has played as a 16 year old in the national u18's and is a regular in their u21

The reason i brought Seiwald in being i lost a major member of the first team squad

Rovella left on deadline day following Arsenal's activation of his release clause. Had tried getting him on a new contract but he wanted £200k+ a week and still with a £40m release clause.

Well you’re certainly splashing the cash, @Recyclic3021 but it looks like you’re spending it wisely.

Table as it stands. Opening day draw away to Newcastle followed by wins at home to Brighton & West Ham

Great start to the season, two wins and a draw. Is this going to be Derby County’s year?

Bloody Arsenal !!

Ouch! That’s bad news having a 15 year-old winder kid poached. Did you get any money for him or is it just the clauses in his contract?

17 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Well you’re certainly splashing the cash, @Recyclic3021 but it looks like you’re spending it wisely.

I suppose, but am i the next Harry Redknapp?

image.png.e2f30a7a36c99c2ad64407618684c2c9.png

Better than a 50% win ratio, in some of the toughest leagues in the world too

image.png.2be3a40589d7b9d64e9bb419f7bb1fee.png

Great start to the season, two wins and a draw. Is this going to be Derby County’s year?

Not doing bad but still the same issues against the top teams, completely outplayed by Liverpool and Chelsea's first team in the league. Lukaku has scored 13 goals in 5 games against us. The scheduling with European football is very demanding on the squad.

Just beaten a 10 man Liverpool reserves in the Carabao Cup 5th round at anfield. Championship side Peterboro await in the QF's. Top of the table Arsenal are the only major team left in the competition. I might have a good opportunity for some major silverware !!

image.png.8078a63dd6711302f78ce6ac513f1656.png

Ouch! That’s bad news having a 15 year-old winder kid poached. Did you get any money for him or is it just the clauses in his contract?

No money, just clauses depending on how many games he eventually plays for Arsenal. Think it adds up to £950k if he plays 70 games for them.

19 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Real-life Update

The EFL docked Derby County a further nine points today so that -12 became -21.

As far as I’m aware, if you want to recreate this in your own saves, you need to do it via Advanced Rules in the pre-game Editor.

I’m not sure how you do that, at least I’ve never been able to get Advanced Rules to validate, so I’ll have to leave that for someone cleverer than me to advise on.

Hello,

I often read this thread although I haven't posted in it. I have done an update in the editor that changes the points deduction to 21 points.

If someone wants to have the 21 points deduction, they can download the editor file I have attached.

I think they may first have to open it in the editor to test the rule changes on their own computer, then they will be able to use the file when starting a new game and the 21 point deduction should be present.

I have also included an image to show people where/how to test the rule changes if needed.

Deduction edit.jpg

Derby Deduction.fmf

39 minutes ago, Recyclic3021 said:

just had a weird bug

upgraded Pascual to First chioce keeper from backup keeper and he was unhappy he had been demoted?

Are you able to report that via the Bug Tracker, @Recyclic3021. I’ve put a link in the very first post of this thread on Page 1?

27 minutes ago, ben_champ said:

Hello,

I often read this thread although I haven't posted in it. I have done an update in the editor that changes the points deduction to 21 points.

If someone wants to have the 21 points deduction, they can download the editor file I have attached.

I think they may first have to open it in the editor to test the rule changes on their own computer, then they will be able to use the file when starting a new game and the 21 point deduction should be present.

I have also included an image to show people where/how to test the rule changes if needed.

Deduction edit.jpg

Derby Deduction.fmf 39.61 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you. Much appreciated, @ben_champ.

In other news. through to the knockout stages in Europe

image.png.ba90f2084be41cf29c0841f3b2980b2a.png

1-1 draw against Leipzig in the first game at home, beat Utrecht and then Slavia Home and away quite convincingly. got battered by Leipzig away, yet somehow managed to equalize twice then bag a late winner to secure our qualification

up to 4th in the table, beat United convincingly at home but also managed to draw home game against Brentford which we dominated and hit the woodwork 5 times !! Sometimes it just doesnt go for you.

image.png.7887febf6ea6fcc7e7b5588296411f40.png

3 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

So after having issues with the update I had to do a clean install. And stupidly forgot to keep a copy of my derby save.. So now I'm going back through the turmoil all over again. 

Sucker for punishment? I must be as they now have a -21 point dedcution courtesy of @ben_champ

Glad it's worked correctly. As much as I tested it on my machine and have seen that it functions, I was still a little worried about others using it given I've never uploaded a file to here before!

Derby County -21 points deduction

If anybody is interested in playing with Derby County's points deduction increased from -12 (full release version) to -21, @ben_champ has created a custom database that also includes Reading on -6.

Thank you, Ben, much appreciated.

Edited by Stuniverse

Its that time of the year for awards

image.png.f0b750f0297121107e621f671f34df05.png

and 

image.png.4db26cb9ce99c341533c749ce0365f26.png

Going well in the league, will hopefully do enough over the 2nd half to get Champions League football next season.

image.png.54e256ba0fe287b9667bf9fb2b3bf9ae.png

Top of the group in Europa League

image.png.ad94ec46f4962a7f5bfd5cc2ffda0a3e.png

Semi-final in the Carabao Cup where Newcastle await. actually have a triple header up as have the Magpies at home in the league next followed by the semi-final, interspersed with Swanse in the FA Cup

Knight, Bird, Ballard, Konigsdorffer and Iversen all want to go on loan for more first team football

On 18/11/2021 at 20:00, Stuniverse said:

Derby County -21 points deduction

If anybody is interested in playing with Derby County's points deduction increased from -12 (full release version) to -21, @ben_champ has created a custom database that also includes Reading on -6.

Thank you, Ben, much appreciated.

Lets just say.. This is Savage!

Everything started well. 7 points from first 4 games - one of which was a sickening  minute equaliser in game 3 after absolutely hammering them but only to get sucker punched at the death with only their 2nd shot on target all game. Then a narrow 2-1 defeat in game 4. Then things went rather poorly.. Win, Lose, Win, draw.. etc. I just Couldn't get a run going..  At one point we were hovering in 21st for what seemed like ages. Everyone around me was picking points up while I kept dropping points. Then a sudden surge up the table gave us a healthy and respectable finish in 10th place and 63 points (Add the -21 and we would have finished 6th and been in the playoffs)

Sibley, Knight, Ravel - all fell well below expectations. Lawrence did well with 11 goals and 14 assists, but the One shining light was Jack Stretton who was my main striker after getting annoyed at Baldock's form which was diabolical. Overall P 36 (7) 29 goals return (1 in cup in 2 games played reserves to keep team fresh for league)

The takeover was rather protracted. Took till mid december before the debt was restructured by that point we were losing money badly with payments of over 300k being taken out of the club. Now they are down to a manageable amount.

No signings were made, Not that I could afford to anyway. Outgoing: Jagielka (free - january) Roos - signing for Vitesse, Buchanan signing for Bayer Leverkusen and Louie Watson off to Holstein Kiel all are leaving at end of their contracts. Cashin and Olamide (reserves - both off to Dundalk)

While I also managed to free up wages by shifting out all the U23 and U18 on free transfers at the end of the season seeing as we have a fresh batch of yth players in that look way way better than anything we had before. This gave me an almost empty U23/U18 squad other than 3 or 4 regens that were given to me at start of the first season.

England and Denny were the 2 at the club when I started.. Denny got 6 games last season and England got about the same..

Vasil and Mpofu came in the yth intake. Vasil excites me - Probably going to retrain him fully into a Mezzala attack. He is more naturally AM but I think his overall skillset will be better utilised attacking from deep

England.jpg

denny.jpg

vasil.jpg

mpofu.jpg

So in the summer I had a mass clearout. Almost everyone that was in the U23/U18 teams were either sold or released.. a couple still remain that teams are interested in.

Budget was £7.66m (ZERO % of transfer revenue was made available)

Prior to the end of the first season when I knew I had a transfer budget I set about scouring for bargains.. In came Daniel Ballard for a fee rising up to £195k. Out went Shinnie to Aberdeen for 400k after he was unsettled by my refusal of an offer from them initially. Forsyth went to St. Johnstone for 84k and Festy Ebosele went to dundalk for a fee rising up to 98k

Once the window was open I set about my bargain hunt with even more determination knowing there were quite a few players that would strengthen the team either listed or leaving on free transfers.

Out went Buchanan to Leverkusen, Watson to Holstein Kiel, Ibrahim to dundalk, Roos to Vitesse, Cashin followed Ibrahim and Ebosele to Dundalk - all on free transfers. Kornell McDonald went to Norwich for 165k.. Next up came Louie Sibley - Spurs came in with a paltry bid of £3m which was swiftly rejected. Sibley asked for a meeting and promptly told to shut up and concentrate on his job or I'd sell him. At that point I'd had enough anyway, his poor performances last season coupled with wanting to leave I listed him at 10m thinking no chance anyone would take the bait. I was wrong, When I offered him out Spurs bid 10m so did Southampton, while West Ham tried a lowball offer of £3m.. Sibley promptly signed for Spurs. Yes I am annoyed, 10m into the coffers and I can't even spend a penny of it.. Meh. oh well. Lets see what I can do with my budget I have.

First in the door is Dennis Cirkin from sunderland - £1m upfront, £2m in clauses.. Morgan Whittaker comes in on loan from swansea. Next up came a few freebies - Tom Holmes from Reading, Michael Hector from Fulham - These 2 and Ballard are a big upgrade on last years centre backs. Jake Bidwell comes in on a free providing backup for Cirkin, Ben Woodburn agrees a 20k p.w free transfer from Liverpool and we also grab another freebie in the form of Mitja Lotric from Wurzburger Kickers. Next in after the loss of Sibley comes Allan Campbell from Luton town for a fee that will rise to £2.8m overall. And last of my current signings is a keeper Christian Walton comes in on a free after his release from Brighton.

We could definitely do with a couple more signings. I need cover for RB, LW and a Striker too. The search is still on before the season kicks off in just under a week.

Season One Review

Finally got my takeover the 2nd week of January, Gave me just enough to get a few players in.  Here are my January purchases:

image.png.ca7c8298d9a8d6429592cfdcd946b31b.png

Simeu & Bitton were brought in to help cover the losses in defence,. Snodgrass, Jones and Dembele for attacking midfield. And tevez as i needed help in attack,

Here are the outgoings in January: 

image.png.74646d34c75e7e5132d549e929517570.png

Bitton & Dembele have been outstanding signings. We finished the season 19th, 9 points ahead of the relegation spot. 

I tried a couple of different tactics before finding one that has worked, Now using this moving forward:

image.png.1a3a2b6ccc4f6deadfeacbef022a7409.png 

Building Towards Season 2:

image.png.75abb5fd8a125cba49d54d7c5e898f88.png

Here are my signing so far, Looking at a younger looking team with some Vets stil here like Davis and Marshall etc. 

Hoping for a mid table season to build on and maybe push for playoffs next season. 

On 13/11/2021 at 09:15, Stuniverse said:

Thanks for the update, @xLiamReynoldsx.

There’s a phrase I often use about my own teams on FM and that’s “consistently, inconsistent’ and it sounds like that phrase sums up your own Derby County in the first half of the season.

After clawing back the -12 it’s so frustrating when you have the chance to move out of the relegation zone with a win, only for your team to not get the job done and lose.

I’m guessing still in Administration and under a Transfer Embargo through the January window.

Well done on holding onto Knight, Sibley and Bird.

Louie Watson and Dylan Williams are two promising youngsters so the £500 Watson give away is annoying and you didn’t get much for Williams either.

As if your playing squad being threadbare isn’t enough, you now have a threadbare Backroom staff as well. Ouch!

Commiserations on being relegated, but -12 is tough to clawback, particularly when you don’t get a takeover in time.

Takeover finally went through?

Good work on the contract extensions. Shame about Roos, but the right decision if he wanted a pay rise for League One football.

Some good business there, you have a nice Backroom staff group now.

That’s probably the best of both worlds - selling Sibley for a decent fee, but getting him back on loan for the season.

It will be very interesting and fun.

Is the pressure on from the Board to get an immediate promotion?

Good luck 🍀 with the rebuild and for the season. I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Bit of bad news, the initial file corrupted and then I found out a few days later that I may be losing my job in January, so have struggled for motivation with anything since. When I'm in a better place mentally I'll restart this. 

1 hour ago, xLiamReynoldsx said:

Bit of bad news, the initial file corrupted and then I found out a few days later that I may be losing my job in January, so have struggled for motivation with anything since. When I'm in a better place mentally I'll restart this. 

Oh, @xLiamReynoldsx, I’m sorry to hear that about your job. 🤞Fingers crossed you get some good news.

FM22 will be waiting for you when you feel ready and there’s even a custom database on this thread with Derby starting on -21.

Best wishes.

Great thread you have got here, did help inspire me to start a Derby save. Just the -12 points deduction though hah

Transfers- Disabled first window like had been suggested. Didn't bring anyone in January, just some players leaving. Including Ravel, who even though had scored like 11 goals and had 8 assists, was not gonna sign a new contract and had already shown some red flags personality wise. Got some decent money for him .

playofffinal.png.d9d4b3e01cd829037176b747929f36b8.pngleague.thumb.png.ad3e9a90a3826ad2e8ba50250ebd0a34.png

There we go, promotion through the playoffs by just attacking like mad- 97 goals. Had a mid season wobble but once some key players had returned from injuries, I was able to put out pretty much my strongest team for the final stretch.

squad.thumb.png.2cd6fcac74ddee734098e39e95c849ba.pngplayeroftheyear.png.55a38a4940cdcb0a454b545173393660.pngtopgs.png.ff468309e6bde0aa2c9ab995259e2e13.pngbestrookie.png.48a39b1692e1e96e2d456fa865183af8.pngmanager.png.bba47e2ebd3ab051d8a5defc135851c4.png

Three of my players picking up end of season individual awards, great to see. And Manager of the Year for myself, although kind of feel cheated with only one monthly award.

Going forward, PL gonna be a huge challenge, with this squad, contract situations and probably not much money. Didn't get a particularly good takeover. Oh well, see what we can do- thinking 5 at the back, direct balls to a target man... 

First major silverware for the Rams

image.png.e6de7b7de081daf260f2d9b216c66737.png

Fully deserved against a strong Arsenal side, who beat us 3-0 in the league a few days prior.

image.png.eaa68dcf9a6e7c5ce64201f62b37f291.png

Doing well in the league, hanging on to the coattails of the leading pack

image.png.63cc38bb47ca485609e58a6fdbeeb792.png

One major transfer from the January window. brought in Rodrygo from Bayern Munich for £16m, not bad business from them as they had signed him on a free from Real Madrid 6 months earlier. need someone to tie down the attacking left side as Lacava's form has been poor all season and Gray has been injured for a big chunk of it.

City up next in the FA Cup