[FM22-Derby County] Why manage the Rams? How are you getting on?

Stuniverse

5 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Excellent, @kopfan1977 and thanks for sharing.

That's often the case but, usually, more money becomes available in January (not much) and the summer. It can be a case of sticking with what you've got or wheeling and dealing to create that wriggle room in the budgets.

That's a great start to the season, you can't do better than winning five out of five. Out of the relegation zone already and would be top without the -12. Hopefully, you can keep the promotion form going.

I'll be very interested to hear how Cashin and McDonald get on and if either Duncan or Cybulski are able to step-up and start scoring for you.

And it looks like you are keeping that form going. Awesome.

Looks like a very interesting December and January coming up for you. Given how well you're doing, is the priority getting players to extend contracts?

Good luck 🍀

January came around.. Zero cash. Very little wiggle room for wages. But Marshall, Jagielka and Baldock and Stearman all left freeing up some wages. Roos refused a contract and someone came in with 500k plus 20% on future profit so off he went. Managed to persuade Hal Robson Kanu to sign till the summer on just over 2.5k p.w. Signed Lee Grant on loan to cover the loss of Roos and Andre Wisdom comes in as squad player able to fill in at RB and also CB.

Form wise. Still in top 4 but starting to stumble just a bit. Was expected at some point with the squad I have at my disposal. To even be in this position was surprising so whatever position we end in will be good enough for me.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After August we sit at -3 at the foot of the table but only 5 points off being out of the relegation zone, into the third round of the Carabo Cup as well. Sold Forsyth to the Brummies  for 210K and Marshall to Ross City for 45K. So far the top goal scorer is Jozwiak and Jags at two but 4 other players with 1 as well. We are getting goals from all over the place, switched to a 4-2-3-1 wide. Defending is still an issue, as in real life right but doing better than I thought.

With FM22 out it's time to once again manage the Rams. I didn't turn the 1st transfer window off and as of the 1st game we've only lost Jordan Brown on loan to Grimsby, no new injuries to start the season which is good because I'm not sure I'll be able to make up that 12 point deficient. 

24 minutes ago, JaytheGreat said:

With FM22 out it's time to once again manage the Rams. I didn't turn the 1st transfer window off and as of the 1st game we've only lost Jordan Brown on loan to Grimsby, no new injuries to start the season which is good because I'm not sure I'll be able to make up that 12 point deficient. 

Great news, @JaytheGreat. Hopefully you won’t have too much of a fire sale.

Keep us posted.

Good luck 🍀 managing the 🐏s !

just had an emphatic 5-0 victory away to a Brentford side reduced to 9 men to get us over the magical 40 point mark. 5 games to go, sitting in 12th and 13 points seperate us from relegation. Sheffield Utd need to win every game from now on to make things interesting.

Happy with the the way the season has gone. looking at the graph we were never involved in the relegation battle. In fact our final position was the lowest we ever were in the table. Our best performers were in defense with O'Leary, Collins & Ballard all having Avg ratings above 7.0 for the season. Offensively we could do a lot better, Lookman top scorer with 10 but every one of the attacking players Avg ratings barely above 6.6. 

DT24.PNG.f8c07f1f9051a9f4d28548d3ae99a060.PNG

Plenty of scope financially as we have been given an extra £500k in the wage budget and a transfer kitty just shy of £50m.

Overall balance up to £57m in the black but we still have the CVA of £7m??

DwB.PNG.60581fd5936db0cce42432b2b364f9fc.PNG

Board still happy with bravely fighting relegation

22 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

January came around.. Zero cash. Very little wiggle room for wages. But Marshall, Jagielka and Baldock and Stearman all left freeing up some wages. Roos refused a contract and someone came in with 500k plus 20% on future profit so off he went. Managed to persuade Hal Robson Kanu to sign till the summer on just over 2.5k p.w. Signed Lee Grant on loan to cover the loss of Roos and Andre Wisdom comes in as squad player able to fill in at RB and also CB.

Three good signings there, @kopfan1977 and a good deal for Roos too.

22 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

Form wise. Still in top 4 but starting to stumble just a bit. Was expected at some point with the squad I have at my disposal. To even be in this position was surprising so whatever position we end in will be good enough for me.

You’re doing brilliantly and hopefully the blip in form will prove to be exactly that. As you say, it’s been a good season wherever you finish now.

18 hours ago, YankeeRam said:

After August we sit at -3 at the foot of the table but only 5 points off being out of the relegation zone, into the third round of the Carabo Cup as well. Sold Forsyth to the Brummies  for 210K and Marshall to Ross City for 45K. So far the top goal scorer is Jozwiak and Jags at two but 4 other players with 1 as well. We are getting goals from all over the place, switched to a 4-2-3-1 wide. Defending is still an issue, as in real life right but doing better than I thought.

Great start, @YankeeRam. You’ll be out of the relegation zone in no time at this rate 😊

9 hours ago, Recyclic3021 said:

just had an emphatic 5-0 victory away to a Brentford side reduced to 9 men to get us over the magical 40 point mark. 5 games to go, sitting in 12th and 13 points seperate us from relegation. Sheffield Utd need to win every game from now on to make things interesting.

That should be more than enough to avoid relegation, @Recyclic3021. Here’s to a strong finish.

6 hours ago, Recyclic3021 said:

Happy with the the way the season has gone. looking at the graph we were never involved in the relegation battle. In fact our final position was the lowest we ever were in the table. Our best performers were in defense with O'Leary, Collins & Ballard all having Avg ratings above 7.0 for the season. Offensively we could do a lot better, Lookman top scorer with 10 but every one of the attacking players Avg ratings barely above 6.6. 

Got to be happy with that. A 15th placed finish and comfortably avoiding the drop back to the Championship. Hopefully you can attract a better calibre of player now and use this season as a springboard to push on.

Plenty of scope financially as we have been given an extra £500k in the wage budget and a transfer kitty just shy of £50m.

Overall balance up to £57m in the black but we still have the CVA of £7m??

A healthy bank balance and money to spend.

3 hours ago, Recyclic3021 said:

Big News !!

The one, The only, club legend Will Hughes has returned !!

I wasn’t expecting that. Brilliant news. Hughesy’s back!

Good luck 🍀

2 hours ago, The Art of Drowning said:

Won the league with 6 games to spare (then only won 1 of the last 6 :D )

Isn’t that typical? but congratulations on promotion to the Premier League as Champions 🏆

2 hours ago, The Art of Drowning said:

Not sure whether I'll continue or not, kind of want to start a save with the full version instead.

Thank you for doing your Beta save as Derby County @The Art of Drowning and thanks for sharing.

Managing the (not so) Mighty Rams

I didn't really get into a save during the Beta phase as I was always planning on doing my main Derby County save once the full release version of FM22 came out.

And here it is...

Edited by Stuniverse

just thought i would share my transfer dealings before the start of the 24/25 Premier League campaign at home to Southampton. 

Incomings as follows

DT241.PNG.210e2d38d67b7ac2f7fd8a5fdf806844.PNG

DT242.PNG.5110553b993dfd6b6729170e5eb9af22.PNG

Bradaric and Menino brought in to fill the Fullback slots as i am switching to the 4-3-3 DM Wide formation

Scarlett and Pease are both young starlets to start up top 

Iversen to provide competition for O'Leary in goal

13 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

I wasn’t expecting that. Brilliant news. Hughesy’s back!

of course Hughes brought in to provide competition for those central midfield positions along with Rovella on a free with a £50k a week contract !! The Rams are in the big time

Just two major outgoings as of going to press, Lookman and Williams both demanded moves ??? Williams to Norwich for £9.5m and Lookman has gone to Kyiv for £15m.

Still £10.5 million in the transfer budget and £180k spare in the wage budget.

On a side note have a couple of future signings confirmed as well

Cortez will arrive Jan '26 for £6.5m + add ons. 3 U21 caps and 2 full international caps for Mexico !! made his full international debut at 16y 191 days old scoring a brace in his 2nd match.

Cortez.PNG.5268e9b84a116bd681ba2b7a4c1ceab4.PNG

also have Cesar joining at the end of the season, don't think he'll be far off a full cap for Brazil soon. paid £7m for him, could have got him on a free but i have used up my 6 overseas U21 slots plus Man U and City were sniffing around

image.thumb.png.d64456892e145207872732ee673d7b6e.png

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

Three good signings there, @kopfan1977 and a good deal for Roos too.

You’re doing brilliantly and hopefully the blip in form will prove to be exactly that. As you say, it’s been a good season wherever you finish now.

Season 1 is done.. And Successful at that. 3rd place and win the playoff in a penalty shootout after a 1-1 draw against Sheff Utd after I dispatched QPR in the semi final.

Tom Lawrence rejected contract after contract and is off Al Jazira (UAE). Lee Grant has decided to call it a day and retire. CKR has decided against signing a contract with us and is off to LASK in Austria. Ravel was severely annoying after Christmas period, despite signing a contract. Terrible performances, coupled with poor training meant he lost his place in team and subsequently threw a hissy fit. So on the transfer list he went. 

Star man for the season has to be Lawrence. At times he was the one who dragged us through games and towards promotion. Sibley was great initially then consistency went out the window, but still a good season overall. Connor Mahoney was brought in on deadline day in January to provide competition to Lawrence and Jozwiak. Didn't dissapoint either with 15 assists. Highly recommend him to anyone able to get him in from Millwall.

transfers.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard010.jpg

Edited by kopfan1977
resized images

Now the question for me is where do I go from here..

Has promotion come too soon? 

Rebuilding this aged squad is going to come at a price and don't think many are premier league standard. Likes of Bielik, Sibley, Knight, Byrne, Buchanan are likely to be kept on.

All other squad members are available for transfer if anyone chooses to put a bid in for any of them.. I have a few Yth candidates that just came from the academy that I have hope for, but beyond that I don't think many from the original U23 and U18 are going to survive the cull.

Hi All, Love this thread.

About to start a Derby save soon. Was after a few questions answered if possible?

1. Under a transfer embargo can you sign free players? can you sign loans?

2. Do Derby have any wages available in the budget or is it 0?

3. What percentage transfer revenue do you receive for selling a player?

Never done a team involved with a -12 start and a transfer embargo. Excited!

Love reading everyone's saves.

42 minutes ago, kopfan1977 said:

Rebuilding this aged squad is going to come at a price and don't think many are premier league standard. Likes of Bielik, Sibley, Knight, Byrne, Buchanan are likely to be kept on.

i would include Bird and Williams in that list if you still have them in your squad (36 apps) and (27 apps) respectively. Sibley hasnt developed as i had hoped and doesnt stand a chance breaking into my side now. Buchanan played 28 games for me last season on the left of 3 CB's and did ok for a player with a jumping reach of 9!! Bielik is a good back up but got an number of minor knocks here and there and never got a major run in the team. Byrne was sold after downing tools last year, i did bring in Kenny and Fredericks to provide competition. Knight is my captain but only played 26 games last season, seemed to blow a bit hot and cold.

I think there is going to be some great entertainment at Pride Park this year

image.png.498c467a74c6e9d2b4cadd67fbd654a8.pngimage.png.2f23b67022dbd24057b2fec61a1513bf.png

Edited by Recyclic3021
numpty

2 minutes ago, Reece3 said:

Hi Reece

In answer to your questions

1. No not until the takeover goes through which can be at any time during the season. Its recommended to disable the first transfer window as any bid for one of your players is accepted

2. No additional scope in the wage budget to offer anything to your current crop of players, until the takeover that is. 2 of your players have deals until the end of Dec, Baldock & Jagielka. although i extended their deals, i wouldnt recommend it. Baldock never played again after getting 3 major injuries in a row and Jagielka's attributes dropped off alarmingly as he is getting on a bit for a proffessional footballer.

3. Before the takeover 0%, which is why disabling the first transfer window is a good option, After the takeover in my save i believe this was increased to 30%. i did get a decent wage budget and transfer kitty at the end of the first season, as we had manged the finances quite well

14 minutes ago, Recyclic3021 said:

i would include Bird and Williams in that list if you still have them in your squad (36 apps) and (27 apps) respectively. Sibley hasnt developed as i had hoped and doesnt stand a chance breaking into my side now. Buchanan played 28 games for me last season on the left of 3 CB's and did ok for a player with a jumping reach of 9!! Bielik is a good back up but got an number of minor knocks here and there and never got a major run in the team. Byrne was sold after downing tools last year, i did bring in Kenny and Fredericks to provide competition. Knight is my captain but only played 26 games last season, seemed to blow a bit hot and cold.

I think there is going to be some great entertainment at Pride Park this year

image.png.498c467a74c6e9d2b4cadd67fbd654a8.pngimage.png.623e64beda27b3b7c53148c31e115228.png

image.png

Bird is likely to be a squad rotation option, Shame his heading is only 10 as did think about retraining him into a BPD which would serve the squad even better. The young lad Williams is likely to head back out on another loan this season IF I manage to snag a few bargains. Quite a lot of this squad only has 12 months remaining on their contracts, so that is something else I need to consider right now. Is it going to be worth my while extending their contracts or can I sell them on and bring in a few bargain basement buys and freebies better than what I currently have.

7 minutes ago, Recyclic3021 said:

3. Before the takeover 0%, which is why disabling the first transfer window is a good option, After the takeover in my save i believe this was increased to 30%. i did get a decent wage budget and transfer kitty at the end of the first season, as we had manged the finances quite well

I got 15% towards the end of January window, even after the takeover by the admin it stayed at 0% 

Even now after promotion it's only 15% although I have asked the board to reconsider this I doubt it's going to amount to much. Likely to go to about 30-45% max I reckon. It's gonna be fun wheeling and dealing that's for sure!

49 minutes ago, Recyclic3021 said:

Hi Reece

In answer to your questions

1. No not until the takeover goes through which can be at any time during the season. Its recommended to disable the first transfer window as any bid for one of your players is accepted

2. No additional scope in the wage budget to offer anything to your current crop of players, until the takeover that is. 2 of your players have deals until the end of Dec, Baldock & Jagielka. although i extended their deals, i wouldnt recommend it. Baldock never played again after getting 3 major injuries in a row and Jagielka's attributes dropped off alarmingly as he is getting on a bit for a proffessional footballer.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Definitely need to disable the first window after reading this lol.

Excited to get started.

2 hours ago, Reece3 said:

Hi All, Love this thread.

Love reading everyone's saves.

Thank you, @Reece3. Nice of you to say.

About to start a Derby save soon.

Great stuff.

Was after a few questions answered if possible?

No. The way the transfer embargo works in FM22, you can’t sign any players at all.

Nope. Administration means there is no available money in either the transfer or wage budgets.

It starts off at 0% and increases gradually as your save progresses, dependent on what kind of new owner you get.

For the first season, you should expect little or no money so you need to decide going in whether you wish to stick with what you have or wheel and deal. If you want to go down the stick with what I have approach, make sure you disable the first transfer window when setting up your save.

With some takeovers you may start to see some increase in budgets by the January transfer window but it’s more likely you’ll see very little until the summer of 2022.

Never done a team involved with a -12 start and a transfer embargo. Excited!

Good luck 🍀 and I hope you enjoy your 🐏s save !

Edited by Stuniverse

Managed to sell Lawrence and Clarke on transfer deadline day. Fletcher has gone out on loan ahead of the end of his contract.

Solitary deadline day purchase, Central Defender Mohamed Camara - Guinean international comes in from Young Boys for £9.25m as an upgrade on Clarke. got a good competition for places in the side now.

Just started my new save with Derby.

Looks a good challenge, but dare I say the team surprisingly looks relatively strong (first eleven anyway)

I have disabled the first transfer window.

Already pretty excited by the potential of Dylan Williams. Planning on mentoring him with Model Citizen Phil Jagielka and playing him in every game possible

Derby County Update:

I’ve played until February and holidayed until May (that’s a story for later) – here’s everything that has happened.

Carried on my fine start with a win away at Peterborough, and with high spirits we went to Hull with the aim to carry on our winning streak, sadly a 92nd minutes equaliser from Malik Wilks but an end to that. I think that equaliser must have done something to us mentally as we didn’t win a game for another month. Picked up 11 points in September/October to see us on the positive points mark, and only three points off 22nd (Forest, must be something in the water in the East Midlands!)

November and December next, and after four concesutive defeats we finish November with a win at home to QPR, and then carried on that form with a win against Bristol City. Are we finally going to turn a corner and get out the relegation zone?!.... no, because we lost 1-0 to Blackpool, and again to Cardiff, and then got battered 3-1 by West Brom (are you sensing a pattern here?)

After 2 90-minute goals away to Stoke we end the year with a win, onto Reading on new years day to pick up a boring 1-1 draw which we were lucky to get a point from.

January rolls round, and I insist on locking up Jason Knight, Louie Sibley and Max Bird for the month so no club can poach them from me, and it worked! However, we did lose two prospects I was looking forward to developing. Louie Watson went to QPR for £500. I’m serious. Five hundred quid. I’ve sold a human being for cheaper than a half decent flatscreen TV. Norwich also signed Dylan Williams for £7,500. Gutted about that as he did impress me when he appeared. A few staff members left in January, and due to me being in admin I couldn’t replace them. So I literally had 2 coaches and 1 scout. We’re in for a tough end of season. Results wise, other than decimating Flyde 9-0 in the FA Cup, nothing happened. We lost every other match other than away to Forest, which we conceded 2 in the last 10 minutes to throw the match.

February is winless, with me only scoring 4 goals, and three of them being in a 4-3 loss to Hull. A 1-1 Draw at home to Millwall sees me relegated on the 26th of February. So, with me already relegated and nothing to play for, I decide to go on holiday to Weston Super-Mare for three months and leave it all to the Doddsy to my Mike Bassett, Liam Rosenior.

I come back from my holiday the day after the end of the season, with the hope that by this point we’re out of admin so I can sort some contracts out and not have to recruit the lorry driver that delivers the pies to play in defence for us. Mind you, he’d still do a better job that Richard Stearman.

I come back and immediately check the finances, and see 20 million in the coffers, alongside ‘’secure’’ in the financial status. I also noticed that majority of the debts have been cleared other than 4 million which must be paid over 10 years. I trigger a few extensions on deals, the most notable of them being Lee Buchanan. I offer new deals to Tom Lawrence, Graham Shinnie and Nathan Bryne. To my delight all three accept.  I did offer one to Kelle Roos but he insisted on a wage rise, so he can go. I can get better on a free.

I then sort out my staff, signing a new recruitment analyst, signing a new scout and adding some experience to the coaching staff, signing Shay Given as a GK Coach (considering I’ve let all three keepers contracts expire, I may need him to play!) and offering a contract to Birmingham City cult hero Nicola Zigic. Ex Celtic Director of Football David Moss joins me as my new DOF, hoping he can find me some gems in Scotland to help me win instant promotion, as anything short will be a failure with some of the players I have for this level. Nicky Butt also joins as Technical Director, with him overseeing all future incomings/outgoings on Staff.

Aston Villa and Arsenal bid £1.5 Million for Louie Sibley, I love the lad, I reject and he’s unhappy. We agree he can go for £11.5 million and I offer him out to clubs at that price, Villa take the bait so far and bid that exact amount, it’s accepted and he’s off to Bodymoor Heath for a medical. Villa have also offered Sibley back on loan for the following season, Lawrence and Sibley in League One. I think at this rate if I don’t dominate the league with the players I have I’ll be sacked regardless, now I know how every PSG manager feels. I’m unsure how much of the Sibley money I’ll get to spend, if at all. But I’m excited for this rebuild. This is where the fun starts.

5 hours ago, Mardy said:

Looks a good challenge, but dare I say the team surprisingly looks relatively strong (first eleven anyway)

I have disabled the first transfer window.

Already pretty excited by the potential of Dylan Williams. Planning on mentoring him with Model Citizen Phil Jagielka and playing him in every game possible

Following on from this, I have just had my takeover, July 18th 2021. So early! Shouldn't of disabled the first transfer window :lol:

image.thumb.png.779e0ca8c628e6d24496353b91b54051.png

I haven't updated for a while and now mid-way through the second season. We finished the first season in the top half.  I tried to make us hard to beat with the squad being so threadbare due to injuries, so I was happy to see only the top two losing fewer games than we did. We threw away a lot of leads late on which I think I've rectified in the second season.

Transfer-wise; I brought in Ellis Simms, Anthony Ralston, Charlie Goode and Matt Godden on loan. Simms was a bit of a panic signing after deciding to release Baldock. Jozwiak fractured his leg the day after deadline day, so Dan Crowley came in, although didn't feature much due to the form of Jack Stretton from the right wing. Jagielka wouldn't stay. I got rid of Marshall for a small fee, and accepted bids for a couple of the youngsters to free up some funds.

image.png.63fdbd8f517e4a03860e38c0e5f2634c.png

image.png.a405c710763cb7d5f95ac6bc0d23eef5.png

So far in season two, we're on a bit of a mad run..

image.thumb.png.48c4c1cd6511942176053ecdd36e3056.png

I decided to join the club and started up a save earlier this afternoon (I disabled the first transfer window to add a bit more realism). I've managed to get through to the beginning of October and overall given the circumstances I'd say so far so good...

spacer.png

spacer.png

As you'll see with our results we're currently sitting one spot above the drop in 21st, level on points with Stoke (but our goal difference is far superior) and if it weren't for the 12pt deduction we'd be up in 10th.

At home we remain undefeated in the league but our away form is letting us down and are yet to record a win on the road in the league. We haven't been playing badly as we were only narrowly beaten by promotion hopefuls West Brom and Sheffield Utd. Our biggest issue is that our main "goalscorers" have been squandering a lot of good chances and at times can't seem to get the ball into the back of the net. But Colin Kazim-Richards has just come back from injury so hopefully he can help alleviate this problem.

Financially we are in a better position as the clubs takeover was completed at the beginning of September (no more transfer embargo!). Unfortunately the new owners aren't flash with cash so we'll still have to keep an eye on the finances.

As for the squad Baldock extended his contract and accepted lesser terms which has freed up £3.4k p/w in wages (I also reduced the scouting budget). Whilst Jagielka extended until the end of the season. With the extra wages I would like to get in another midfielder who can cover multiple positions. Hal Robson-Kanu was first on the list but his wage demands are too high for what we can afford at the moment. One of my scouts recommended the Brazilian maestro Thiago Neves who can't speak a lick of English but has come in on trial for the month. We'll see how he does but I might have to wait until January to fill the squad out.

Edited by Chelski Shogun

8 games in and we have erased our 12 point deficient, so now it's officially game on for survival. Unfortunately no news about a potential new owner though.

Derbytable1.png.cb4007fe340f4dd87792647622bc8fce.png

The Good:

Kelle Roos - has been great between the posts and has run away with the starting GK spot

Nathan Byrne - Has been hands down our best player far, leads the team in dribbles and tackles. He's got no goals and no assists and he has the highest rating on the team which is just incredible. 

Richard Stearman - Has been our best CB without a doubt, has also been terrific on attacking and defending set pieces.

The Bad:

The finishing - We've probably dropped 7 points due to how bad our finishing is, Baldock has 5 goals but only 2 have come from open play. Tom Lawrence has been a no show so far on the left wing and Kamil Jozwaik keeps picking up minor injuries that are enough to keep him from being really effective. Louie SIbley has had some great chances playing the mezzala role but just hasn't buried any. 

Phil Jagielka - By far our worst defender, age has definitely caught with him, with Curtis Davies being healthy and Jordan Brown's loan getting recalled I'm not sure how much more playing time he'll get.

The Young: 

Louie Watson: Got a start in a League Cup game and scored, and has come off the bench a few times, with a healthy team he'll probably be sent back down to the 23s, there is some potential there though.

Dylan WIlliams: I don't know where to play this guy but LB is not the answer. 4 starts at LB and has a 6.4 rating, if you guys have any suggestions on where and what role to play him as please let me know.

Festy Ebosele: Been solid at RB but hasn't justified getting starts over Byrne.

Jack Stretton: With 3 starts and 4 subs Stretton hasn't been good at striker but looks like there could be something there with him on the right wing, his 3 goals so far is second on the team behind Baldock.

With the point deduction made up I feel like the save is really starting now and I'm interested to see what January and the season brings for me.

On 10/11/2021 at 11:31, Recyclic3021 said:

I think this team is pretty decent

Oh, yeah. That was a pretty emphatic demolition of Tottenham, not just in terms of the score, but the stats back it up as well.

On 10/11/2021 at 12:50, Recyclic3021 said:

Is this the season we do a Leicester?

And a 4-2 away win at Manchester City, to put you 2nd after four games. That’s certainly a great start, let’s hope it is the season when @Recyclic3021 brings the Crown back to Derby.

On 10/11/2021 at 13:02, Recyclic3021 said:

Managed to sell Lawrence and Clarke on transfer deadline day. Fletcher has gone out on loan ahead of the end of his contract.

Solitary deadline day purchase, Central Defender Mohamed Camara - Guinean international comes in from Young Boys for £9.25m as an upgrade on Clarke. got a good competition for places in the side now.

Good competition for places is what you need.

Good luck 🍀

Come on you 🐏s !

11 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

That’s certainly a great start, let’s hope it is the season when @Recyclic3021 brings the Crown back to Derby.

Good start but i have been brought back down to earth. Long way to go before we are winning the league. just had consecutive 5-2 defeats away at Utd and home vs Chelsea prior to that a last minute defeat home to arsenal. Im beating every one else it seems so i'd be dissapointed in a bottom half finish. Losses against Leicester, Liverpool, West Ham, Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea.

image.png.30b79bb2bdbbb9db4a39b9487f752525.png

On 10/11/2021 at 13:47, Mardy said:

Thank you for taking on the Derby County challenge and sharing, @Mardy. Keeping that first eleven fit and healthy is a big part of this.

On 10/11/2021 at 13:47, Mardy said:

Dylan Williams is quite versatile down the left and even in midfield. Where are you planning on playing him? Are you preferring him to Lee Buchanan and Craig Forsyth at D/WBL?

On 10/11/2021 at 19:04, Mardy said:

Following on from this, I have just had my takeover, July 18th 2021. So early! Shouldn't of disabled the first transfer window :lol:

That is early. Has it made any difference to your finances? You may not see any change in budgets yet given you disabled the first transfer window.

On 11/11/2021 at 15:35, Mardy said:

Golden generation :D. Can't wait....

🤞 Fingers crossed. I never fully trust these messages until the U18 Candidates actually show up for training.

On 11/11/2021 at 15:35, Mardy said:

And Xavi Simons joining in Jan 22 :cool:

Nice signing.

On 10/11/2021 at 19:03, xLiamReynoldsx said:

Derby County Update:

I’ve played until February and holidayed until May (that’s a story for later) – here’s everything that has happened.

Carried on my fine start with a win away at Peterborough, and with high spirits we went to Hull with the aim to carry on our winning streak, sadly a 92nd minutes equaliser from Malik Wilks but an end to that. I think that equaliser must have done something to us mentally as we didn’t win a game for another month. Picked up 11 points in September/October to see us on the positive points mark, and only three points off 22nd (Forest, must be something in the water in the East Midlands!)

November and December next, and after four concesutive defeats we finish November with a win at home to QPR, and then carried on that form with a win against Bristol City. Are we finally going to turn a corner and get out the relegation zone?!.... no, because we lost 1-0 to Blackpool, and again to Cardiff, and then got battered 3-1 by West Brom (are you sensing a pattern here?)

After 2 90-minute goals away to Stoke we end the year with a win, onto Reading on new years day to pick up a boring 1-1 draw which we were lucky to get a point from.

Thanks for the update, @xLiamReynoldsx.

There’s a phrase I often use about my own teams on FM and that’s “consistently, inconsistent’ and it sounds like that phrase sums up your own Derby County in the first half of the season.

After clawing back the -12 it’s so frustrating when you have the chance to move out of the relegation zone with a win, only for your team to not get the job done and lose.

January rolls round, and I insist on locking up Jason Knight, Louie Sibley and Max Bird for the month so no club can poach them from me, and it worked! However, we did lose two prospects I was looking forward to developing. Louie Watson went to QPR for £500. I’m serious. Five hundred quid. I’ve sold a human being for cheaper than a half decent flatscreen TV. Norwich also signed Dylan Williams for £7,500. Gutted about that as he did impress me when he appeared. A few staff members left in January, and due to me being in admin I couldn’t replace them. So I literally had 2 coaches and 1 scout. We’re in for a tough end of season. Results wise, other than decimating Flyde 9-0 in the FA Cup, nothing happened. We lost every other match other than away to Forest, which we conceded 2 in the last 10 minutes to throw the match.

I’m guessing still in Administration and under a Transfer Embargo through the January window.

Well done on holding onto Knight, Sibley and Bird.

Louie Watson and Dylan Williams are two promising youngsters so the £500 Watson give away is annoying and you didn’t get much for Williams either.

As if your playing squad being threadbare isn’t enough, you now have a threadbare Backroom staff as well. Ouch!

February is winless, with me only scoring 4 goals, and three of them being in a 4-3 loss to Hull. A 1-1 Draw at home to Millwall sees me relegated on the 26th of February. So, with me already relegated and nothing to play for, I decide to go on holiday to Weston Super-Mare for three months and leave it all to the Doddsy to my Mike Bassett, Liam Rosenior.

Commiserations on being relegated, but -12 is tough to clawback, particularly when you don’t get a takeover in time.

I come back and immediately check the finances, and see 20 million in the coffers, alongside ‘’secure’’ in the financial status. I also noticed that majority of the debts have been cleared other than 4 million which must be paid over 10 years. I trigger a few extensions on deals, the most notable of them being Lee Buchanan. I offer new deals to Tom Lawrence, Graham Shinnie and Nathan Bryne. To my delight all three accept.  I did offer one to Kelle Roos but he insisted on a wage rise, so he can go. I can get better on a free.

Takeover finally went through?

Good work on the contract extensions. Shame about Roos, but the right decision if he wanted a pay rise for League One football.

I then sort out my staff, signing a new recruitment analyst, signing a new scout and adding some experience to the coaching staff, signing Shay Given as a GK Coach (considering I’ve let all three keepers contracts expire, I may need him to play!) and offering a contract to Birmingham City cult hero Nicola Zigic. Ex Celtic Director of Football David Moss joins me as my new DOF, hoping he can find me some gems in Scotland to help me win instant promotion, as anything short will be a failure with some of the players I have for this level. Nicky Butt also joins as Technical Director, with him overseeing all future incomings/outgoings on Staff.

Some good business there, you have a nice Backroom staff group now.

Aston Villa and Arsenal bid £1.5 Million for Louie Sibley, I love the lad, I reject and he’s unhappy. We agree he can go for £11.5 million and I offer him out to clubs at that price, Villa take the bait so far and bid that exact amount, it’s accepted and he’s off to Bodymoor Heath for a medical. Villa have also offered Sibley back on loan for the following season, Lawrence and Sibley in League One. I think at this rate if I don’t dominate the league with the players I have I’ll be sacked regardless, now I know how every PSG manager feels.

That’s probably the best of both worlds - selling Sibley for a decent fee, but getting him back on loan for the season.

I’m unsure how much of the Sibley money I’ll get to spend, if at all. But I’m excited for this rebuild. This is where the fun starts.

It will be very interesting and fun.

Is the pressure on from the Board to get an immediate promotion?

Good luck 🍀 with the rebuild and for the season. I look forward to hearing how you get on.

On 11/11/2021 at 10:43, Adamm90 said:

I haven't updated for a while and now mid-way through the second season. We finished the first season in the top half.  I tried to make us hard to beat with the squad being so threadbare due to injuries, so I was happy to see only the top two losing fewer games than we did. We threw away a lot of leads late on which I think I've rectified in the second season.

That’s a good achievement, @Adamm90, comfortably staying up in 12th place and, by my calculations, you would’ve finished 7th without the -12. Well done!

Transfer-wise; I brought in Ellis Simms, Anthony Ralston, Charlie Goode and Matt Godden on loan. Simms was a bit of a panic signing after deciding to release Baldock. Jozwiak fractured his leg the day after deadline day, so Dan Crowley came in, although didn't feature much due to the form of Jack Stretton from the right wing. Jagielka wouldn't stay. I got rid of Marshall for a small fee, and accepted bids for a couple of the youngsters to free up some funds.

Some good transfer business there. Shame about Jozwiak’s interest.

Out of interest, I assume if you’re making transfers you got a takeover, when did that go through?

So far in season two, we're on a bit of a mad run..

Brilliant…

22 hours ago, Adamm90 said:

image.png.228c08e8663f7ee0f93537711101d027.png

image.png.952b9f3b18a7bd460e387b5e379b52dc.png

… and you were able to keep that good form going and secure promotion. Congratulations 🍾🏆🐏️️

Edited by Stuniverse

On 11/11/2021 at 23:52, Chelski Shogun said:

I decided to join the club and started up a save earlier this afternoon (I disabled the first transfer window to add a bit more realism). I've managed to get through to the beginning of October and overall given the circumstances I'd say so far so good...

Thank you for choosing to manage Derby County on FM and for sharing.

As you'll see with our results we're currently sitting one spot above the drop in 21st, level on points with Stoke (but our goal difference is far superior) and if it weren't for the 12pt deduction we'd be up in 10th.

That’s brilliant after 11 matches. Let’s hope you can maintain that form for the rest of the season.

At home we remain undefeated in the league but our away form is letting us down and are yet to record a win on the road in the league. We haven't been playing badly as we were only narrowly beaten by promotion hopefuls West Brom and Sheffield Utd. Our biggest issue is that our main "goalscorers" have been squandering a lot of good chances and at times can't seem to get the ball into the back of the net. But Colin Kazim-Richards has just come back from injury so hopefully he can help alleviate this problem.

Yes, you’ve found the main Achilles heel with the current Derby County squad. Scoring goals. Be interesting to hear if Colin Kazim-Richards made a difference on his return.

Did you try any of the young strikers or were you mainly relying on Sam Baldock?

Financially we are in a better position as the clubs takeover was completed at the beginning of September (no more transfer embargo!). Unfortunately the new owners aren't flash with cash so we'll still have to keep an eye on the finances.

That’s great you got a takeover in good time. Hopefully the finances will improve as your save progresses.

As for the squad Baldock extended his contract and accepted lesser terms which has freed up £3.4k p/w in wages (I also reduced the scouting budget). Whilst Jagielka extended until the end of the season. With the extra wages I would like to get in another midfielder who can cover multiple positions. Hal Robson-Kanu was first on the list but his wage demands are too high for what we can afford at the moment. One of my scouts recommended the Brazilian maestro Thiago Neves who can't speak a lick of English but has come in on trial for the month. We'll see how he does but I might have to wait until January to fill the squad out.

At least you seem well placed to make some moves in the January transfer window.

Be interested to hear if Thiago Neves impressed you on trial, how your wheeling and dealing went in January, and if the team has managed to maintain it’s good form.

Come on you 🐏s !

On 12/11/2021 at 06:23, JaytheGreat said:

8 games in and we have erased our 12 point deficient, so now it's officially game on for survival. Unfortunately no news about a potential new owner though.

That’s good going, @JaytheGreat and only five points off safety. Great start to the season.

The Good:

Kelle Roos - has been great between the posts and has run away with the starting GK spot

Nathan Byrne - Has been hands down our best player far, leads the team in dribbles and tackles. He's got no goals and no assists and he has the highest rating on the team which is just incredible. 

Richard Stearman - Has been our best CB without a doubt, has also been terrific on attacking and defending set pieces.

I’m liking all of that…

The Bad:

The finishing - We've probably dropped 7 points due to how bad our finishing is, Baldock has 5 goals but only 2 have come from open play. Tom Lawrence has been a no show so far on the left wing and Kamil Jozwaik keeps picking up minor injuries that are enough to keep him from being really effective. Louie SIbley has had some great chances playing the mezzala role but just hasn't buried any. 

Phil Jagielka - By far our worst defender, age has definitely caught with him, with Curtis Davies being healthy and Jordan Brown's loan getting recalled I'm not sure how much more playing time he'll get.

Yes, scoring goals is definitely the Achilles heel for this Derby County squad.

Shame about Jagielka.

The Young: 

Louie Watson: Got a start in a League Cup game and scored, and has come off the bench a few times, with a healthy team he'll probably be sent back down to the 23s, there is some potential there though.

Dylan WIlliams: I don't know where to play this guy but LB is not the answer. 4 starts at LB and has a 6.4 rating, if you guys have any suggestions on where and what role to play him as please let me know.

Festy Ebosele: Been solid at RB but hasn't justified getting starts over Byrne.

Jack Stretton: With 3 starts and 4 subs Stretton hasn't been good at striker but looks like there could be something there with him on the right wing, his 3 goals so far is second on the team behind Baldock.

I must admit, I’ve mainly played Williams at D/WBL where he shared time with Forsyth until Buchanan was fit again after which Williams hasn’t had much playing time for me. Williams is versatile down the left, and in midfield, but with the competition for places there I haven’t been able to try him there.

Byrne is one of Derby’s better players, in my opinion, so it’s going to be difficult for Ebosele (and McDonald) to break into the team at D/WBR. Have you tried Ebosele in more attacking positions?

With the point deduction made up I feel like the save is really starting now and I'm interested to see what January and the season brings for me.

Game on, indeed.

Be very interesting to hear how you get on.

Good luck 🍀

14 hours ago, Recyclic3021 said:

Good start but i have been brought back down to earth. Long way to go before we are winning the league. just had consecutive 5-2 defeats away at Utd and home vs Chelsea prior to that a last minute defeat home to arsenal. Im beating every one else it seems so i'd be dissapointed in a bottom half finish. Losses against Leicester, Liverpool, West Ham, Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea.

Ouch!

7th in the Premier League is still very impressive, @Recyclic3021 so soon after your promotion.

It’s always difficult to step-up to being competitive with the Premier League big guns.

Looking forward to hearing how the rest of your season goes.

Come on you 🐏s !

Edited by Stuniverse

On 29/10/2021 at 01:05, Stuniverse said:

Players signed for Derby County on FM22

These are players I’m aware of that have been signed by managers of Derby County on FM22.

2021-22 Season

Goalkeepers

Reveal hidden contents

GK - Dejan Stojanovic

GK - Lee Grant

GK - Nathan Trott

GK - Zan Luk-Leban

Defenders

Reveal hidden contents

D/WBR - Anthony Ralston

DR - Bogdan Butko

D/WBR - Salva Ferrer

--

DC / DR - Andre Wisdom

DC - Billy Koumetio

DC - Bright Arrey-Mbi

DC - Charlie Goode

DC - Isaac Rice

DC - Jamie Hamilton

DC - Julian Jeanvier

DC / DL - Kortney Hause

DC - Luke Mbete

DC - Malachi Fagan-Walcott

DC - Sebastien De Maio

DC - Steve Cook

DC - Tim Klose

DC / D/WBR - Tom Holmes

DC - Tyrell Ashcroft

DC - Williams Velasquez

DC - Yerson Mosquera

--

D/WBL - Brandon Mason

DL - Sam McQueen

Midfielders

Reveal hidden contents

DM / MC / D - Jack Rodwell

DM / MC - Kevin McDonald

DM/MC/DC - Niklas Tauer

DM/MC - Xavi Simons

--

M/AMRL / AMC - Connor Mahoney

MC / AMRC - Dan Crowley

MC - Jack Roles

MC - Jan Zamburek

M/AMRL - Joe Pritchard

MC / DM - Korey Smith

MC - Liam Shaw

MC / DM/AMC - Matt O’Riley

Attacking Midfielders / Wingers

Reveal hidden contents

AM/MRL - Aaron Rowe

AMC / MC - Callum Gribbin

AMC - Carlos Tevez

AMRLC - Cole Palmer

MC - Gonzalo Maroni

AMRL / SC - Hal Robson-Kanu

AMRL - J’Neil Bennett

AM/MRL - Michael Jacobs

AMRL / SC - Wayne Routledge 

Strikers

Reveal hidden contents

SC - Adam Idah

SC - Dane Scarlett

SC - Danilo Pereira

SC - Dwight Gayle

SC - Ellis Simms

SC - Facundo Colidio

SC - Facundo Ferreyra

SC - Joe Hugill

SC / AMC - Josh Coburn

SC - Liam Cullen

SC - Liam Delap

SC - Matt Godden

SC - Oliver Sarkic

SC - Rodrigo Muniz

SC - Roko Simic

SC - Sam Gallagher

SC - Sean Maguire

SC - Sergey Stepanov

SC - Steven Fletcher

SC / AMLC - Tom Bradshaw

2022-23 Season

I don’t normally cover season two but, as Derby County are transfer embargoed during season one, here’s a bonus season two first transfer window:

Goalkeepers

Reveal hidden contents

GK - Christian Walton

GK - Connor Ripley

GK - Freddie Woodman

GK - Max O'Leary

GK - Mikki Van Sas

Defenders

Reveal hidden contents

WBR - Ashley Richards

D/WBR - Jonjoe Kenny

DR / DM - Kevin Sessa

DR / MR - Louie Chorlton

DRLC - Luke Offord

D/WBR MR - Ryan Fredericks

--

DC / DR - Andre Wisdom

DC - Bright Arrey-Mbi

DC - Charlie Goode

DC - Erik Palmer-Brown

DC - Jaroslaw Jach 

DC - Malachi Fagan-Walcott

DC - Marc Roberts

DC - Matt Clarke

DC - Myles Sohna 

DC / DR - Teden Mengi

--

WB/D/ML - Declan Frith

D/WBL - Jake Bidwell

DL - James Morris

D/WBL - Joe White

DL / DC - Leif Davis

D/WBL - Reece Devine

DL - Reece Hutchinson

DL - Sam Sharrock-Peplow

Midfielders

Reveal hidden contents

DM - Ibrahima Sissoko

--

M/AML / SC - Ademola Lookman

MC / AMRC - Callum Wright

MC / AMRC - Connor Ronan

MC - Conor Hourihane

M/AMRL - Joe Pritchard

MC / DM - Kyle Dempsey

MC - Matthew Smith

MC / DM - Patryk Dziczek

MC / DM - Sean Longstaff

MC - Tom Bayliss

Attacking Midfielders / Wingers

Reveal hidden contents

AMRC / MC - David Brooks

AMLC / MRL - Demarai Gray

AMR / SC - Devante Cole

AMRL / SC - Jonathan Leko

AMRL - Kaide Gordon

AMRL / SC - Mallik Wilks

AMRLC / SC - Nathaniel Nkunku

AMR / SC - Terry Ablade

AMRLC - Tom Ince

Strikers

Reveal hidden contents

SC - Adam Idah

SC - Ashley Fletcher

SC - Folarin Balogun

SC - Jonathan Bolingi

SC - Jude Soonsup-Bell

SC - Lukas Jutkiewicz

SC / AML - Tyler Walker

SC - Uche Ikpeazu

If you’re happy to share the names of players you’ve signed for Derby County on FM22, I’d love to hear from you on this thread or by Direct Message. This will allow me to update this post regularly.

Note: If you’ve already mentioned signings on this thread there’s no need to repeat yourself as I’ll review all the posts in this thread and pick up the signings as I go.

Many thanks.

--

Tagged: @AverageBears @brez22 @OJ403 @Paggioram @SamuraiHex @Stackalee

Updated up to this point in the thread.

I started a derby save on release day. Sorry no screenshots at the moment. I won first 4 games and was off bottom after 6. It all srarted going wrong after that. Shinnie was sold by administrators to Middlesbrough for 400k on deadline day. It turns out he was the glue that held the team together. Injuries cost me between then and where i am now, 2nd week in january. Im currently 18th 4 points above the drop zone

Im out of admin but missed any messages about being taken over. Im also 6 million in debt and rising, january 1st couldnt come quick enough. 

Strikers have been the big problem, ive mainly used sibley (10 goals) as a lone forward but see him in a deeper role going forward. Ravel has been the big revelation for me also scoring ten goals as an attacking mezzela. I cant get wingers to work so play a slightly lopsided formation with byrne as an attacking full back on his own on the right with the pole (cant remeber his name) transfer listed as the hope to get funds in. 

Ive released jagielka and baldock to free up wage budget and got 500k from bogle appearences so brought in danillo (left wing/forward from ajax), mumba from norwich and lucas j......... the target man from birmingham all on loan. I need a cb to see me through to end of season and then we will reasses. Ive secured long term contracts on roos, ravel, byrne and lawrence all on same terms or ever so slightly more as they have performed well

17 minutes ago, Cider Ed said:

I started a derby save on release day.

Good choice, @Cider Ed and thanks for sharing.

I won first 4 games and was off bottom after 6. It all srarted going wrong after that. Shinnie was sold by administrators to Middlesbrough for 400k on deadline day. It turns out he was the glue that held the team together. Injuries cost me between then and where i am now, 2nd week in january. Im currently 18th 4 points above the drop zone

That’s a great start to the season but, yes, Graeme Shinnie is a key member of the squad so would be a big loss, not least because you can’t replace him in Admin and embargo.

Injuries will also hit you hard given the threadbare nature of the squad. There are some positions where one injury and you’re immediately looking at the U23 / U18 players.

Im out of admin but missed any messages about being taken over. Im also 6 million in debt and rising, january 1st couldnt come quick enough.

Chances are you’ve either been taken over or there’s been some kind of internal step-up to Chairman. Are you back in control of transfers both ins and outs?

20 minutes ago, Cider Ed said:

Strikers have been the big problem, ive mainly used sibley (10 goals) as a lone forward but see him in a deeper role going forward. Ravel has been the big revelation for me also scoring ten goals as an attacking mezzela. I cant get wingers to work so play a slightly lopsided formation with byrne as an attacking full back on his own on the right with the pole (cant remeber his name) transfer listed as the hope to get funds in. 

Yes, as others have observed, scoring goals is the Achilles heel of this Derby County squad both in FM22 and in real-life.

21 minutes ago, Cider Ed said:

with the pole (cant remeber his name) transfer listed as the hope to get funds in.

Kamil Jozwiak? I assume it’s Jozwiak rather than Krystian Bielik.

22 minutes ago, Cider Ed said:

Ive released jagielka and baldock to free up wage budget and got 500k from bogle appearences so brought in danillo (left wing/forward from ajax), mumba from norwich and lucas j......... the target man from birmingham all on loan. I need a cb to see me through to end of season and then we will reasses. Ive secured long term contracts on roos, ravel, byrne and lawrence all on same terms or ever so slightly more as they have performed well

Nice wheeling and dealing, let’s hope that improves things and gets the goals flowing.

Good luck 🍀

Ended up winning the league despite the players being on the beach after getting promoted.

image.thumb.png.7158f43744eef5780f892e4db8b53668.png

Working my way backwards with this update, but this was my transfer activity during the second season. The only out of contract player I decided to keep was Nathan Byrne (and Tom Lawrence but he left for Aberdeen) so there was a lot of work to be done. Hause and Murphy were great free transfers, and Freddie Woodman was an absolute steal at £300k - 24 clean sheets in the league. I was struggling to find a good forward so I ended up spending a bit more than I would've initially wanted to on Woodrow, but he ended the season with 20 league goals in 34 games.

image.png.87802e5941456a7f98fb06e13fb22af6.png

image.png.190b32fccbccac21fe4039bea4a3d880.png

Outs - Shinnie had barely played in the first half of the season then Sunderland came in with an offer which I couldn't refuse at his age. Similar with Forsyth, he'd not played at all and his physical attributes had really gone downhill.

image.png.4b4fd7315bd6097a6b7a30b91307a3f8.png

I'm really struggling for players for the Premier league. £30-odd million sounds like a lot, but half of it ends up going on the wage bill.

3 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Out of interest, I assume if you’re making transfers you got a takeover, when did that go through?

It was in October or November in the first season. Certainly not a sugar daddy either.

2 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Good choice, @Cider Ed and thanks for sharing.

That’s a great start to the season but, yes, Graeme Shinnie is a key member of the squad so would be a big loss, not least because you can’t replace him in Admin and embargo.

Injuries will also hit you hard given the threadbare nature of the squad. There are some positions where one injury and you’re immediately looking at the U23 / U18 players.

Chances are you’ve either been taken over or there’s been some kind of internal step-up to Chairman. Are you back in control of transfers both ins and outs?

Yes, as others have observed, scoring goals is the Achilles heel of this Derby County squad both in FM22 and in real-life.

Kamil Jozwiak? I assume it’s Jozwiak rather than Krystian Bielik.

Nice wheeling and dealing, let’s hope that improves things and gets the goals flowing.

Good luck 🍀

I assume its an internal takeover due to the lack of song and dance over it and the massive debt. I am in control of ins and outs

Yeah its Jozwiak. I dont seem to get performances out of him and hes the player i could get a bit of money for i wouldnt miss. Bielik on the other hand, although ive only just got him back, i use a half back in dm and hes perfect. Just need to look after him.