[FM22-Derby County] Why manage the Rams? How are you getting on?

Stuniverse

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, xLiamReynoldsx said:

Will be starting Derby at full release on Tuesday, excited for it. 

Yes, a week today and the full release of FM22 should be out :)

Don't forget, disable the first transfer window if you want to manage the same squad that Wayne Rooney has in real life, otherwise you will probably end up with a fire-sale and a squad worse than in real-life by the time the first transfer window closes.

Set some rules to make it harder/more realistic

I can only sign players my scouts recommend/agents recommend/Transfer list/free transfers until Premier league
Any bid over valuation has to be accepted until I have new owners
Prioritise youth development over new signings 

Those are good rules, @xLiamReynoldsx and well in keeping with the current tone at Derby County.

Any bid over valuation has to be accepted until I have new owners

You'll probably find you have no control of this initially as all bids received, both loans and permanents, are handled by the Administrators whilst the club is in Administration.

Good luck 🍀 and do drop back to let us know how you are getting on.

Edited by Stuniverse

2 hours ago, OJ403 said:

An uncharacteristically short update from me this time.

We sit 1st in the championship in October having just beat Burnley 3-2 ...

What a great start to the season, @OJ403. Congratulations.

2 hours ago, OJ403 said:

just beat Burnley 3-2 thanks to a 95th minute Kelle Roos header. Business as usual...

...what? What? Kelle Roos scored?

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

...what? What? Kelle Roos scored?

I could hardly believe it myself!

Picture the scene, the top two in the Championship meet, the score is tied at 2-2 heading into injury time at the end of the second half...

'Nathan Byrne tears down the right flank chasing a long Bielik ball, he gets there ahead of the defender, nips the ball round him, FOUL! BYRNE IS BROUGHT DOWN BY THE CORNER FLAG! FREE KICK TO DERBY... Conor Hourihane stands over the ball, every single Derby player is in the box, Hourihane swings it in deep to the back post... ROOOOOOOOOOS!!!! Kelle Roos rises highest to head in the winner in the 5th of 4 added minutes to send Derby to the top of the Championship!"

Whenever we're chasing a goal and get a late set piece I push every player into the box on "go forward". Its not once resulted in a goal for anyone, let alone the goalkeeper, so I'm not entirely sure why I've carried on this long but its safe to say I won't be stopping now!

hace 2 horas, Stuniverse dijo:

A mixed bag of Championship results there, @makul, but what a goal fest against Stoke. Where does that leave you in the Championship Leagued Table?

And a bit of a Carabao Cup run going as well. Nice.

October was better, we scored in every game. In the Carabao, we now play Charlton (one of the surprises) in the 1/4 finals.

1.png.3cf2a49cc667c725cdce8b025ea86584.png

2.png.197efe44c31f54fa7c83b1b129c31793.png

22 minutes ago, OJ403 said:

Picture the scene, the top two in the Championship meet, the score is tied at 2-2 heading into injury time at the end of the second half...

'Nathan Byrne tears down the right flank chasing a long Bielik ball, he gets there ahead of the defender, nips the ball round him, FOUL! BYRNE IS BROUGHT DOWN BY THE CORNER FLAG! FREE KICK TO DERBY... Conor Hourihane stands over the ball, every single Derby player is in the box, Hourihane swings it in deep to the back post... ROOOOOOOOOOS!!!! Kelle Roos rises highest to head in the winner in the 5th of 4 added minutes to send Derby to the top of the Championship!"

Wow! Just, wow! 

And now I’m imagining me in the East Stand, watching Kelle Roos rise majestically to head a late winner to send the 🐏s top of the Championship.

We’re top of the league,

We’re top of the league,

We’re Derby County, we’re top of the league.

25 minutes ago, OJ403 said:

Whenever we're chasing a goal and get a late set piece I push every player into the box on "go forward". Its not once resulted in a goal for anyone, let alone the goalkeeper, so I'm not entirely sure why I've carried on this long but its safe to say I won't be stopping now!

I might just start doing that myself now, @OJ403.

26 minutes ago, makul said:

October was better, we scored in every game.

Excellent form, @makul and your Derby County are 19th, effectively 8th if it wasn’t for the -12 points.

28 minutes ago, makul said:

In the Carabao, we now play Charlton (one of the surprises) in the 1/4 finals.

And, whilst I don’t want to jinx it for you, a great opportunity to reach the semi-finals of the Carabao Cup.

3 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Amazing result, @Recyclic3021. Pride Park Stadium would have been rocking.

Unfortunately got knocked out by Everton on penalties in the next round :(

gutted we scored with our only shot on target (in the 69th min with a header from a set peice) and then they equalised in the 86 min. They dominated the game 26/2 shots  xG 2.07/0.18 so i cant complain

speaking of set peices this guy below is :eek:

CGoode.PNG.aab8963d5cfc2d639a1f88edbe6ffaf1.PNG

21 goals from set peices so far this season

CGstats.PNG.2131ea3dbeb6b4d0c20f83503f3c6ace.PNG

Which leads to the bigger problem.....i think we're going up.

DT.PNG.e6c6fb450c0a45c902532843a66ca955.PNG

sold Byrne to LAFC for 1.5m - he wasnt happy, he thought i had signed Kenny and Fredricks on free transfers to replace him. Funny as I had used him on occasion to give Kenny a breather. playing Fredricks as a Winger.

January Transfers done unless someone comes in with a big bid for someone

transfer.PNG.1ae1d4fdaa2ef2b631709a9070f66626.PNG

Lacava on a free is the one to watch. Venezuelan International at the age of 19 with good attributes. Scouts gave him a A rating and he can play either wing

Mlacava.PNG.1a436a5617055b328ff48f6e2bb4e725.PNG

First season complete. Just missed out on promotion losing to Sheff United in the Playoff semis. 

732669579_ScreenShot2021-11-03at08_09_37.png.becb164161ea9331a3bc47aa91b05b79.png

I used a 433DM Vertical Tiki-Taka for the first half of the season but moved to Gegenpress in the second half. 

1971815757_ScreenShot2021-11-03at08_16_20.png.11f1389fc3a019ec634da77ec5c3bf60.png

Jagielka, Ravel Morrison, Allsop, and CKR will all be leaving to free up wages and hopefully replace with younger players. I'm sure more will leave as well but a squad rebuild is needed 2nd season now the finances are looking better.

844966018_ScreenShot2021-11-03at08_19_43.thumb.png.8a9d9b37ab3f86279fa0cba4803f0863.png

13 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

My understanding is that for the majority of the first season (2021-22), and through the January transfer window, Tom Lawrence wants at least what he's earning now or will take a small pay-cut.

As the season gets towards the business end, his wage demands drop quite a bit and you can extend his contract at a much more reasonable salary but, and it's a BIG but, if you wait it out, there's a fair chance he'll get a better offer and a bigger salary from other clubs, including MLS clubs irrespective of whether or not you have USA loaded as a playable Nation.

Well, he ended up moving on. It got to March and he announced that he wanted to explore his options at the end of his contract. I've tried to offer him a contract every month but no luck. The sad part is he's ended up at Aberdeen on £7.5k p/w.

The transfer window happens in this episode and I think we do some good signings!

In this episode we try to keep up form and aim for those playoff positions!

The save is going really well and with the season near it's end we are in the Quarter-Final of the FA Cup with a possible easy game to get to Wembley!

SHU.PNG.24e7a86daa7df0de975e5aa0af1b044a.PNG

Lost my 2nd league game of the season then received a 5.5m bid from West Brom for Shinnie on deadline day, which i accepted due to the quality of the younger MC players of Beilik, Knight and Sibley. 

spent some on boosting the squad defence with some younger talent

dead.PNG.fe7c034a4afc558ed479750db610c1a5.PNG

Hi guys, thinking of giving this a go since I prefer challenges and developing young players. Just a couple things though...

1. Have you guys had better experiences with window turned off? Ie do the club sell everyone first window and hard to replace those? 

2. When does takeover generally happen? and how much is given in what window to spend and strengthen? 

3. After take over are plays still being sold above you? 

20 minutes ago, Quinby said:

1. Have you guys had better experiences with window turned off? Ie do the club sell everyone first window and hard to replace those? 

I didnt use the function to turn off the 1st transfer window. I'm led to believe this would stop any player saleas all clubs in the league dont have the ability to buy players. Only a couple of youngsters were loaned out in the first window in my playthrough, the adminstrator accepted both loan offers without any input from the manager.

24 minutes ago, Quinby said:

2. When does takeover generally happen? and how much is given in what window to spend and strengthen? 

It varies on a number of factors, which i guess would be mainly down to finances. In my takeover it was early December but some others have had the takeover go through earlier. This allows room to extend contracts to the better players (dont extend Baldock/Jagielka or even Kazim !! They spent all of the 2nd half of the first season on the treatment table) Others have had the takeover delayed so its always possible.

29 minutes ago, Quinby said:

. After take over are plays still being sold above you? 

I havent seen it happen in my save but i'm keeping wages under control. The previous versions of the game took it out of your hands depending on the new chairman and the bids being made. Just sold Shinnie for 5.5m which was the top end of his perceived value. Had an 8m transfer budget at the end of the first season with a slight increase in wage budget. You need it to keep Lawrence at the club beyond the end of the season and he is excellent

37 minutes ago, Quinby said:

Hi guys, thinking of giving this a go since I prefer challenges and developing young players. Just a couple things though...

Great stuff, @Quinby, although if you can wait until the full release is out I would do so.

38 minutes ago, Quinby said:

It depends what type of save you want but I would recommend disabling the first transfer window. That way no transfers happen so all teams have the same squad as they do now in real-life. From a Derby County perspective you’ll have the same squad as Wayne Rooney does in real-life.

If you don’t disable the window, you will receive bids for players on permanent and loan deals and you’ll have no control as the Administrators handle all bids and will tend to accept them.

42 minutes ago, Quinby said:

This is essentially random and you can get a good, bad or indifferent roll of the dice. Takeovers happen early, takeovers happen later, takeovers fall through and there can also be internal takeovers rather than new owners buying in. Generally the takeover happens before the January transfer window.

What type of new owner you get is also random. Some are reporting a tycoon takeover but more common is an owner who wants to run the club sensibly. Usually you don’t see a significant amount of money to spend until the Simmer 2022 window but, as mentioned previously, it does depend what roll of the dice you get. 

49 minutes ago, Quinby said:

3. After take over are plays still being sold above you? 

No. You get control again once the takeover goes through. I’ve not heard anyone reporting different.

Good luck 🍀 I think you’ll enjoy the challenge as it is exactly that but with a good group of U23s and U18s you can develop as well.

Let us know how you get on.

23 hours ago, makul said:

He don't play a match jajajaja

Ouch! No sooner do you get Kazim-Richards back than he’s out injured again. You need to wrap him up in cotton wool next time, @makul

15 hours ago, J.T said:

First season complete. Just missed out on promotion losing to Sheff United in the Playoff semis. 

That’s an amazing performance @J.T reaching the playoff final off a -12 point start. Just a shame you couldn’t beat Sheffield United at Wembley.

15 hours ago, J.T said:

I used a 433DM Vertical Tiki-Taka for the first half of the season but moved to Gegenpress in the second half.

What made you switch tactics?

Some names in that line-up I don’t recognise. Who did you sign and how did they do for you?

15 hours ago, J.T said:

Jagielka, Ravel Morrison, Allsop, and CKR will all be leaving to free up wages and hopefully replace with younger players. I'm sure more will leave as well but a squad rebuild is needed 2nd season now the finances are looking better.

A transfer kitty of just over £6M, plus the freed up wages, gives you a great opportunity to build on what, without the points deduction, would’ve been a 4th placed finish.

Do you have any transfer targets in mind and what areas of the team are you looking to strengthen?

Good luck 🍀 for the new season.

Come on you 🐏s !

Edited by Stuniverse

On 02/11/2021 at 23:54, Recyclic3021 said:

Unfortunately got knocked out by Everton on penalties in the next round :(

gutted we scored with our only shot on target (in the 69th min with a header from a set peice) and then they equalised in the 86 min. They dominated the game 26/2 shots  xG 2.07/0.18 so i cant complain

D’oh! That’s a shame.

speaking of set peices this guy below is :eek: 21 goals from set peices so far this season

Wow! That’s some return from a DC!

Which leads to the bigger problem.....i think we're going up.

Top of the league and 11 points clear after 26 games, it’s looking very positive for promotion. Problem? Are you not wanting to go up, @Recyclic3021?

sold Byrne to LAFC for 1.5m - he wasnt happy, he thought i had signed Kenny and Fredricks on free transfers to replace him. Funny as I had used him on occasion to give Kenny a breather. playing Fredricks as a Winger.

At least you’ve got good, younger replacements.

January Transfers done unless someone comes in with a big bid for someone

transfer.PNG.1ae1d4fdaa2ef2b631709a9070f66626.PNG

Lacava on a free is the one to watch. Venezuelan International at the age of 19 with good attributes. Scouts gave him a A rating and he can play either wing

Welcome to Derby, Matias Lacava. Weather might not be what you’re used to but good luck as a 🐏!

17 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Top of the league and 11 points clear after 26 games, it’s looking very positive for promotion. Problem? Are you not wanting to go up,

Its not that i dont want to go up......and we have acquitted ourselves well in the cup games against Premier League opposition this season. I just feel its probably a year or so too early for this squad. I would have to find amazing bargains to even have a chance of staying up. With the current squad i think we would have a chance of beating the lowest points score in the league.

Which has been shown by the change in fortunes since the end of the Jan transfer window after selling Shinnie. I was 11 points clear at the top. The last game that was played was a promotion 6 pointer away at Stoke - lost 2-1 with a 91st minute winner, the table currently stands

DerT.PNG.c881b9fdee9f530a73fd41d8e44e2bf5.PNG

Edited by Recyclic3021

16 minutes ago, Recyclic3021 said:

Its not that i dont want to go up......and we have acquitted ourselves well in the cup games against Premier League opposition this season. I just feel its probably a year or so too early for this squad. I would have to find amazing bargains to even have a chance of staying up. With the current squad i think we would have a chance of beating the lowest points score in the league.

Which has been shown by the change in fortunes since the end of the Jan transfer window after selling Shinnie. I was 11 points clear at the top. The last game that was played was a promotion 6 pointer away at Stoke - lost 2-1 with a 91st minute winner, the table currently stands

Two points clear at the top, and eight clear of third, and already guaranteed (if my maths is correct) a playoff spot with eight games to go… it’s still looking good.

My moneys on you going up and I have every confidence you’ll not only get more than 11 points but you’ll stay up.

Derby County Are In An FA Cup Semi-Final!
While In The Championship No Less!

You can watch it on YouTube and make sure you watch till the end as something big happens in the final minutes of the game in the semi-final
(Don't want to spoil it on here)

3 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Two points clear at the top, and eight clear of third, and already guaranteed (if my maths is correct) a playoff spot with eight games to go… it’s still looking good.

The Rams are going Up !! After beating us, Stoke drew away to  mid-table Hull, lost at home to a promotion chasing Palace, lost away to a relegation threatened Coventry and grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory conceding in the 86 & 88th min at home to a mid table Blackburn. 11 points clear of Sheff Utd with 4 games to go, with Sheffield having a game in hand

DTup.PNG.e29a40081ee97da36f9ba5e7d1eaad59.PNG

Dbud.PNG.20401751d0dc87b312f33886c49fdf7c.PNG

35m budget is pretty tasty for a promoted side, financially the promotion is a boon to a side like Derby. I just hope we can survive and not get sacked :) !!

44 minutes ago, Recyclic3021 said:

The Rams are going Up !!

YES!!!!!!!??

Congratulations, @Recyclic3021.

45 minutes ago, Recyclic3021 said:

After beating us, Stoke drew away to  mid-table Hull, lost at home to a promotion chasing Palace, lost away to a relegation threatened Coventry and grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory conceding in the 86 & 88th min at home to a mid table Blackburn.

Bottle jobs 😂🤣

45 minutes ago, Recyclic3021 said:

11 points clear of Sheff Utd with 4 games to go, with Sheffield having a game in hand

Going up as Champions. We are top of the league, say we are top of the league.

46 minutes ago, Recyclic3021 said:

35m budget is pretty tasty for a promoted side, financially the promotion is a boon to a side like Derby. I just hope we can survive and not get sacked :) !!

With a hundred points on the board already, and four games to add to it, I think you’ll be fine in the Premier League. And that’s before you start to splash the cash.

Enjoy being Back in the Big Time!

19 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Bottle jobs 😂🤣

Indeed, they only gained 7 pts in the last 8 games to finish 20 pts behind.

The Final Table

DChamp.PNG.844e9c250d817df3bbb1441be1ed7773.PNG

beat the Championship record for points and number of wins.

103 goals scored

only 32 conceded.

Goode and Fletcher with 22 goals each in the league campaign, only beaten by Sheff Utd's Brewster with 27. Lawrence picked up 15 goals, Max O'Leary with 26 clean sheets.

One major difference this season has been the bigger squad to allow rotation, meaning the only major injury concern was missing Knight for roughly a quarter of the season.

A couple of bargain signings already confirmed........Brooks from Bournemouth and Diallo from Southampton for a grand total of £400k. Hoping to pick up Ampadu from Chelsea on a free transfer. Want to improve the left back position and probably the left hand side attacking winger.

over 30m budget so we shall see how the transfer window goes

We reached January, many ties, but at least we are adding up.

We reached the semifinals of the Carabao, we are going for the feat.

I renewed the contracts of Jagielka and Baldock, 2 guys left on loan, McDonald (Bradford) and Ibrahim (Wealdstone).

1.png.ea5c94fddbc99fb6569823a77d27bdb4.png2.png.8376e18af84cbcfb507480176ac490bf.png3.png.0d10148780043cc4f1f514b3082fb02d.png

Dtran.PNG.20b997842d232b26fc946c37aeb26ea3.PNG

DTr.PNG.377cd31c3c35e502fa13ad5e85aa78f2.PNG

Well my transfer budget has disappeared, whole squad has been demanding new contracts it seems. wage budget has almost doubled to 700k 

Missed out on a number of free transfers i wanted. £6m transfer budget left with 50k in the wage budget to spare.

Edited by Recyclic3021

Ademola Lookman was the only other incoming transfer for £1.4m and a loan deal for a backup keeper. lowest wage bill in the Prem sat at 740k per week.

switched to a 3 at the back with the WCB's, system is looking good so far at creating chances. lost the first game 3-2 away at Leicester. followed by back to back 2-1 victories, home to Villa and away at West Ham. sitting pretty in 7th after transfer deadline day. Brighton at the Amex up next.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Got to be happy with that, although even after the takeover the club are in an absolute mess financially, £9m in the red and growing.   Just missing from the squad screen are Malcolm Ebiowe, Olamide Ibrahim and Jamie Hamilton  (£48k Hamilton) who I gave some games to once survival was secured.

Baldock, Forsyth, Lawrence, Byrne, Marshall and Plange all sold for fees with Curtis Davis and Phil Jagielka both released after not being happy with their lack of games.  Shinnie, Allsop, Morrison, Kazim-Richards, Stearman and Hutchinson have all agreed moves away too.

Eiran Cashin at left centre back probably the pick of the promoted young players, Harrison Solomon also did well on the right side although I'm less sure of his potential.  Tried Max Bird as the Libero but I think that position might need some tweaks.    Jack Stretton the top scorer with 14 deserves a mention too.

On 05/11/2021 at 21:37, makul said:

We reached January, many ties, but at least we are adding up.

Out of the relegation zone in 20th and would be 10th without the -12. Well done, @makul.

We reached the semifinals of the Carabao, we are going for the feat.

Congratulations. Who do you play in the semi-finals? Good luck 🍀

I renewed the contracts of Jagielka and Baldock, 2 guys left on loan, McDonald (Bradford) and Ibrahim (Wealdstone).

Any plans for the January transfer window?

Edited by Stuniverse

17 hours ago, Recyclic3021 said:

Well my transfer budget has disappeared, whole squad has been demanding new contracts it seems. wage budget has almost doubled to 700k

13 hours ago, Recyclic3021 said:

Ademola Lookman was the only other incoming transfer for £1.4m and a loan deal for a backup keeper. lowest wage bill in the Prem sat at 740k per week.

Yes, it’s amazing how the wage budget can disappear on promotion bonuses and agreeing to new contracts for players.

Looks like you’ve spent well though, @Recyclic3021.

Interestingly, three seasons ago probably, Derby agreed a deal with Everton to loan Ademola Lookman… but he snubbed us and insisted on going to RB Leipzig instead.

17 hours ago, Recyclic3021 said:

Missed out on a number of free transfers i wanted. £6m transfer budget left with 50k in the wage budget to spare.

Are you happy with your transfer business?

13 hours ago, Recyclic3021 said:

switched to a 3 at the back with the WCB's, system is looking good so far at creating chances. lost the first game 3-2 away at Leicester. followed by back to back 2-1 victories, home to Villa and away at West Ham. sitting pretty in 7th after transfer deadline day. Brighton at the Amex up next.

That’s a great start to your Premier League campaign and should give you confidence and momentum to keep the good form going.

Edited by Stuniverse

1 hour ago, The Art of Drowning said:

Got to be happy with that, although even after the takeover the club are in an absolute mess financially, £9m in the red and growing.   Just missing from the squad screen are Malcolm Ebiowe, Olamide Ibrahim and Jamie Hamilton  (£48k Hamilton) who I gave some games to once survival was secured.

Absolutely, @The Art of Drowning, a 15th placed finish, which would have been 10th without the -12. Congratulations!

Looks like you brought three players in on loan as well as signing Jamie Hamilton.

Baldock, Forsyth, Lawrence, Byrne, Marshall and Plange all sold for fees with Curtis Davis and Phil Jagielka both released after not being happy with their lack of games.  Shinnie, Allsop, Morrison, Kazim-Richards, Stearman and Hutchinson have all agreed moves away too.

Wow! That’s quite a clear out there. You really will be starting season two in the Championship with a clean slate.

Do you have any targets for the Summer transfer window or areas of the team you want to strengthen?

Eiran Cashin at left centre back probably the pick of the promoted young players, Harrison Solomon also did well on the right side although I'm less sure of his potential.  Tried Max Bird as the Libero but I think that position might need some tweaks.    Jack Stretton the top scorer with 14 deserves a mention too.

Or will you be giving the young players a chance to step up and establish themselves?

@StuniverseJanuary was a very bad month. We were out of the two cups, after that we loan many players to reduce the squad.
The results did not come and on the last day we made 3 signings to strengthen the weak areas (2 defenders and 1 striker).

E.thumb.png.f3dba776ce1f2e194b27776f84b2f743.png1133256088_Sinttulo.png.a0dcd7018d149d5fe64a71e4564f3058.png

Tra.thumb.png.c7dba4a108c8fd3bc39e6f28e1103506.png

2 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Absolutely, @The Art of Drowning, a 15th placed finish, which would have been 10th without the -12. Congratulations!

Looks like you brought three players in on loan as well as signing Jamie Hamilton.

Wow! That’s quite a clear out there. You really will be starting season two in the Championship with a clean slate.

Do you have any targets for the Summer transfer window or areas of the team you want to strengthen?

Or will you be giving the young players a chance to step up and establish themselves?

Will be aiming to give as many of the young players a chance as possible.  The 3 loans were to plug the gaps of the clear out, Delap was necessary but I probably regret the other 2 seeing as they cost loan fees.  Holmes was with the hope it'd make him want to sign on a pre contract but he ended up signing a new deal with Reading.

Just sold Jowiak for about £3m so will try and reinvest that.  Signed a backup "cup" keeper after letting Allsop leave.  Probably need a centre back, central midfielder and striker for depth.

4 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Are you happy with your transfer business?

Yeah I'm pretty happy with what ive brought in. considering i was given a transfer budget of  £30m+ I only spent £7m of that. everything else has gone on wages !! 

Brooks, Gray, Longstaff & Lookman are decent Premier League players who arent at the end of their careers either. 

4 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Interestingly, three seasons ago probably, Derby agreed a deal with Everton to loan Ademola Lookman… but he snubbed us and insisted on going to RB Leipzig instead.

I wasnt looking to sign anyone deadline day but Sissoko demanded a move back to Blackburn in the Championship for £3m and Lookman was the only player i could bring in for a reasonable fee. got plenty of options on either wing now. 

Transfer business is all done now:

Goalkeeper: Nathan Trott (Free Transfer

Defence:  Kourtney Hause (Free Transfer)

Midfield: Matt O'Reilly (£275k MK Dons) Gonzalo Maroni (Free Transfer)

Striker: Adam Idah (£6.5m Norwich) Roko Simic (£3.9m Salzburg)

Spent a bit of money!

Leaves us with a first team squad of:

GK: Trott, Roos

RWB: Ebosele, Mcdonald

CB: Cashin, Solomon, Hamilton, Hause, Bird, Bielik

LWB: Dylan Williams, Lee Buchanan

CM:/AM: Matt O'Reilly, Liam Thompson, Maroni, Watson, Knight, Sibley

FW: Simic, Idah, Stretton, Duncan

2 for every position.

Edited by The Art of Drowning

Trying this out too..

First transfer window turned off, keeping with the same squad that Rooney has currently.

Takeover has been completed. Still Zero cash, Zero room to wiggle with regards to wages.

Form wise. Started off like a train. 5 games, 5 wins F:14 A:4

Struggling to get Baldock to fire at all. But not overly concerned as I'm getting goals out of my MC, ML, AMR as well as a couple from the CD

Ravel has been ok at times 1 goal and 2 assists so far.. But Sibley is absolutely killing it 7 games, 5 goals and 1 assist (Inc League cup - Drew 2-2 and got knocked out on Pens - Ravel with no conviction shot tamely right at the keeper).. then  Sibley goes and gets injured.

Outside of the first team picture there is not an awful lot to write home about. I brought Duncan and Cybulski into first team squad. Duncan has 3 appearances without a goal, Cybulski hasn't got on the pitch as yet. Not sure he will tbf. Cashin and McDonald are 2 youngsters I'll be taking a look at between now and January

tactic.jpg

league.jpg

Currently it's december ingame. We sit in 4th place on 37 points

P21 W16 D1 L4 F:48 A:17

Leagues top scorers despite my CF struggling to score. Sibley is top scorer with 8 goals, 9 in total.

No inch to spare with regards to transfer budget nor the wage bill. Quite a few players out of contract at the end of the season (Have asked D.O.F if he can sort contracts in the hope he can get a few of them to agree to stay on). Already agreed sale of Marshall who is 3rd choice keeper to sell him, thus releasing 20k in wages. Baldock got a 6 month injury, he's out of contract in January so have set to release him saving a further 4.5k. Jagielka turned down another year in favour of a move to utrecht

Lawrence, Shinnie and Dylan Williams all attracting interest but cannot even sanction a sale as won't get no cash anyway. Rather keep and lose on a free if it comes to it.

On 07/11/2021 at 12:56, makul said:

January was a very bad month. We were out of the two cups, after that we loan many players to reduce the squad.
The results did not come...

Sorry to hear that @makul, you were doing so well.

It's getting tight down there, out of the relegation zone on goal difference (with a game in hand) but the fact that you're on 25 points, but really on 37 points, should hold you in good stead if you maintain your current form.

On 07/11/2021 at 12:56, makul said:

... on the last day we made 3 signings to strengthen the weak areas (2 defenders and 1 striker).

Steve Cook and Joe Hugill should be good signings for you, although I must admit I've not heard of Yerson Mosquera.

Good luck 🍀

Edited by Stuniverse

On 07/11/2021 at 14:19, The Art of Drowning said:

Will be aiming to give as many of the young players a chance as possible. 

That's a bold and laudable approach, @The Art of Drowning and I'll be very interested to hear which young players you give opportunities to and how they get on.

The 3 loans were to plug the gaps of the clear out, Delap was necessary but I probably regret the other 2 seeing as they cost loan fees.  Holmes was with the hope it'd make him want to sign on a pre contract but he ended up signing a new deal with Reading.

Any chance of getting Delap back on loan? Shame that Holmes opted to extend his contract with Reading, but you could still go back to try for another loan deal?

Just sold Jowiak for about £3m so will try and reinvest that. 

That £3M could come in very handy.

Signed a backup "cup" keeper after letting Allsop leave.  Probably need a centre back, central midfielder and striker for depth.

22 hours ago, The Art of Drowning said:

Transfer business is all done now:

Goalkeeper: Nathan Trott (Free Transfer

Defence:  Kourtney Hause (Free Transfer)

Midfield: Matt O'Reilly (£275k MK Dons) Gonzalo Maroni (Free Transfer)

Striker: Adam Idah (£6.5m Norwich) Roko Simic (£3.9m Salzburg)

Spent a bit of money!

Looks like money well spent to me - Hause and Idah look like the standouts to me, although I'm not familiar with all your signings.

22 hours ago, The Art of Drowning said:

Leaves us with a first team squad of:

GK: Trott, Roos

RWB: Ebosele, Mcdonald

CB: Cashin, Solomon, Hamilton, Hause, Bird, Bielik

LWB: Dylan Williams, Lee Buchanan

CM:/AM: Matt O'Reilly, Liam Thompson, Maroni, Watson, Knight, Sibley

FW: Simic, Idah, Stretton, Duncan

2 for every position.

That's a decent looking squad and I'm optimistic of a good season for your Derby County this campaign.

A couple of questions:

• What are the Board's expectations and how do they compare to your own?
  • Are you happy with Ebosele and McDonald at RWB?
  • How is Bird shaping up as CB?
  • Do you see Bielik as a CB rather than DM/MC

Good luck 🍀

Come on you, 🐏s !

Edited by Stuniverse

23 hours ago, Recyclic3021 said:

Yeah I'm pretty happy with what ive brought in. considering i was given a transfer budget of  £30m+ I only spent £7m of that. everything else has gone on wages !! 

Brooks, Gray, Longstaff & Lookman are decent Premier League players who arent at the end of their careers either. 

I wasnt looking to sign anyone deadline day but Sissoko demanded a move back to Blackburn in the Championship for £3m and Lookman was the only player i could bring in for a reasonable fee. got plenty of options on either wing now. 

Sorry to hear about Sissoko, @Recyclic3021, as you'd not long signed him.

I agree Brooks, Gray, Longstaff and Lookman all look like very good signings.

Good luck 🍀

Come on you, 🐏s !

Edited by Stuniverse

So the board expected us to battle bravely against relegation, but we are currently 5 points clear at the top of the league after 29 games :D  They pumped in some money and gave us a pretty decent transfer budget so we just focused on the positions we lacked depth.  In the end decided to loan out Thompson as it would be better for him to get regular football, we loaned in Aaron Ramsay (The villa one) to just be the backup midfield option in a crisis.

Ebosele and McDonald are both great, 7.22 and 7.12 avg rating respectively so far this season.

Bird is looking much better as the support Libero now, rated as a decent championship player.  

Bielik I see mainly as a central defender in a back 3, although he has stepped into central midfield on the odd occassion.

I've now loaned out Duncan in January as he only made 7 appearances in total up until now, I've replaced him in the squad with another Salzburg striker called Elias Havel (the next Toni Polster).  It's also deadline day and Roos is kicking up a bit of a fuss over game time so I'm trying to move him on and get the young Reading keeper Coniah Boyce-Clarke to replace him.

O'Reilly has been fantastic so far with 12 assists to his name and the Simic/Idah partnership has been fantastic with 14 and 15 goals respectively.  Simic is the son of former Milan and Inter player Dario Simic and is labelled as the next Mario Mandzucic.  Eiran Cashin developing really nicely and has now been capped as a full ROI international.

I've also added Mart Poom and Francesco Baiano to the youth staff, Paulo Wanchope unfortunately isn't interested :(

17 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

Trying this out too.

Excellent, @kopfan1977 and thanks for sharing.

First transfer window turned off, keeping with the same squad that Rooney has currently.

Takeover has been completed. Still Zero cash, Zero room to wiggle with regards to wages.

That's often the case but, usually, more money becomes available in January (not much) and the summer. It can be a case of sticking with what you've got or wheeling and dealing to create that wriggle room in the budgets.

Form wise. Started off like a train. 5 games, 5 wins F:14 A:4

Struggling to get Baldock to fire at all. But not overly concerned as I'm getting goals out of my MC, ML, AMR as well as a couple from the CD

Ravel has been ok at times 1 goal and 2 assists so far.. But Sibley is absolutely killing it 7 games, 5 goals and 1 assist (Inc League cup - Drew 2-2 and got knocked out on Pens - Ravel with no conviction shot tamely right at the keeper).. then  Sibley goes and gets injured.

That's a great start to the season, you can't do better than winning five out of five. Out of the relegation zone already and would be top without the -12. Hopefully, you can keep the promotion form going.

Outside of the first team picture there is not an awful lot to write home about. I brought Duncan and Cybulski into first team squad. Duncan has 3 appearances without a goal, Cybulski hasn't got on the pitch as yet. Not sure he will tbf. Cashin and McDonald are 2 youngsters I'll be taking a look at between now and January

I'll be very interested to hear how Cashin and McDonald get on and if either Duncan or Cybulski are able to step-up and start scoring for you.

5 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

Currently it's december ingame. We sit in 4th place on 37 points

P21 W16 D1 L4 F:48 A:17

Leagues top scorers despite my CF struggling to score. Sibley is top scorer with 8 goals, 9 in total.

And it looks like you are keeping that form going. Awesome.

5 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

No inch to spare with regards to transfer budget nor the wage bill. Quite a few players out of contract at the end of the season (Have asked D.O.F if he can sort contracts in the hope he can get a few of them to agree to stay on). Already agreed sale of Marshall who is 3rd choice keeper to sell him, thus releasing 20k in wages. Baldock got a 6 month injury, he's out of contract in January so have set to release him saving a further 4.5k. Jagielka turned down another year in favour of a move to utrecht

Lawrence, Shinnie and Dylan Williams all attracting interest but cannot even sanction a sale as won't get no cash anyway. Rather keep and lose on a free if it comes to it.

Looks like a very interesting December and January coming up for you. Given how well you're doing, is the priority getting players to extend contracts?

Good luck 🍀

Edited by Stuniverse

2 hours ago, derbyfan said:

Hey guys, which tactic is op to save derby in first season? Can u give me a good one? Second seasons i will use my own tactics but i want to finish the first year with no problems. Thankyou so much.

I used a 4-3-3 Verical Tiki Taka in the first season as it suited the available playersfor me. Either this or using 3 at the back with wingbacks have been the main option, this is what i have changed to in the Prem league. The players are good enough its just injuries that can get in the way of a good run of form. Beilik, Knight, Baldock and Kazim are seriously injury prone.

January update, things are looking decent in the year so far. The gulf in quality between the top 5 teams and those below are frightening. Form has been patchy but have picked up a decent number of points. 3 wins on the bounce in early December had us in 7th but have only picked up 1 win in the last 7. Lookman top scorer with 6. :) 

11 points ahead of the drop with a game in hand. Have been thumped 4-0 at Old Trafford and 5-2 at Stamford Bridge. biggest win 5-1 away at Turf Moor. Best result was the last game away at Elland Rd, 2-0 down and getting run over by Leeds. go all out attack for the last 10 mins. grab a goal with 3 mins of normal time to go and carry on attacking. Leeds concede a 95th minute penalty which Lawrence smashes home for the epic comeback. 

Dtab23.PNG.a69dc94c4544b1936e0d8cab2734d0d8.PNG

Transfer wise i have sold Fredericks and Kenny for 15m in total. both were unhappy so i took the money to get enough funds for the transfer window. One major incoming transfer is a regen from Cardiff City, who has made 54 appearances in the championship already, making his debut in August 2022 at the age of 16 years 214 days. Welcome to Derby County's record signing at £12.5m plus add-ons, beating the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Everton to his signature. Superb mentals and good Technicals & physicals for an 18 year old. scouts have 4.5 -5 star potential.

LArthur.PNG.b21ee0836e5a5e722da5c8bb30d97531.PNG

Another piece of business was bringing in Abdoulaye Doucoure from Everton for £9m - superb Prem league player with a bit of experience

Edited by Recyclic3021

3 hours ago, derbyfan said:

Hey guys, which tactic is op to save derby in first season? Can u give me a good one? Second seasons i will use my own tactics but i want to finish the first year with no problems. Thankyou so much.

Thanks for the question, @derbyfan.

I don’t think there’s one tactic that will guarantee you success with Derby County on FM22 as you’ll see a number of different tactics on this thread that managers of Derby County have used on the FM22 Beta.

For me, personally, I’ve tried to stick fairly close to what Wayne Rooney has been doing in real life and I’ve had my best results with a Control Possession 4-2-3-1 Narrow on an Attacking Mentality.

Good luck 🍀 with your save.

36 minutes ago, Recyclic3021 said:

January update, things are looking decent in the year so far. The gulf in quality between the top 5 teams and those below are frightening. Form has been patchy but have picked up a decent number of points. 3 wins on the bounce in early December had us in 7th but have only picked up 1 win in the last 7. Lookman top scorer with 6. :) 

That’s a great start to your Premier League campaign, @Recyclic3021, and even with the blip to your form, your Derby County are still well placed in 11th, 11 points clear of the relegation zone so you should be fine by the end of the season.

Do you go with two different tactics? One for the Top Five teams and another for everybody else? Looks like the Top Five are the usual suspects with Tottenham struggling to keep up.

42 minutes ago, Recyclic3021 said:

One major incoming transfer is a regen from Cardiff City, who has made 54 appearances in the championship already, making his debut in August 2022 at the age of 16 years 214 days. Welcome to Derby County's record signing at £12.5m plus add-ons, beating the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Everton to his signature. Superb mentals and good Technicals & physicals for an 18 year old. scouts have 4.5 -5 star potential.

Welcome to Derby County, Leigh Arthur. Now that’s what I call a newgen.

40 minutes ago, Recyclic3021 said:

Transfer wise i have sold Fredericks and Kenny for 15m in total. both were unhappy so i took the money to get enough funds for the transfer window.

41 minutes ago, Recyclic3021 said:

Another piece of business was bringing in Abdoulaye Doucoure from Everton for £9m - superb Prem league player with a bit of experience

Do you have any other plans for the January transfer window?

On 23/10/2021 at 13:08, Stuniverse said:

FM22 - Full Release Version (from 9th November)

Derby County wise there were no significant data changes from the FM22 Beta version to the FM22 Full Release version.

NOTES:

i) If you want to keep things as realistic as possible, by managing the squad Wayne Rooney has in real-life up to the January transfer window, then I recommend you Disable the first transfer window when setting up your save.

ii) On the other hand, if you want to experience a potential fire-sale, leaving you with a squad that's potentially weaker than Wayne Rooney has in real-life, making it a more difficult challenge, then do not disable the first transfer window.

Good luck!

Pre-game Editor changes

There's a few minor things that either didn't happen, or as Derby County researcher I didn't become aware of, until after data lock. If you want your Derby County save to be as up-to-date as possible, these are the changes I'd make using the pre-game editor:

• Adam Thorley - (Derby U18 AM in FM22) moved to Chelsea as U15 Lead (approx. 30/10/2021) after data lock. I will be setting him as Chelsea U18 coach for my saves as the game doesn't include roles at U16 level and younger
  • Osazee Aghatise  - squad #44, named on the first-team bench for the away game at Barnsley on 03/11/2021 and came on as a late substitute away at Millwall on 06/11/2021
  • Louie Watson - brother of Noah Watson (Crystal Palace).

My Personal Preference

Also, and this is purely my personal preference, whenever I start a save as Derby County manager I will be using the pre-game editor to change:

• Wayne Rooney - job role change to AM (from M) on a salary of £TBC per week
  • Liam Rosenior - job role change to FTC (from AM) on a salary of £TBC per week.

If you’re joining us after the full release of FM22

WELCOME!

Edited by Stuniverse

53 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Do you go with two different tactics? One for the Top Five teams and another for everybody else? Looks like the Top Five are the usual suspects with Tottenham struggling to keep up.

Yes, although its a similiar shape, i just have a more cautious outlook. big tactical changes i have found in previous versions of the game dont help the teams performance. transfer window is over and i have bought 3 brazilian kids i had scouted for relative peanuts. regens that got into their under 18 national team straight away and the scouts like their potential so i can look to develop them. 2-2 draw away at Newcastle after the deadline day so im now 12 points clear, 13 games left. lost 6-3 away at Villa in the 4th round FA Cup an lost 2-3 at home to Arsenal. Injury time winner after leading 2-1 at half time. Top of the league Man Utd at Home followed by Liverpool Away up next. I'm relatively confident i can stay out of trouble, but need to get the points on the board befor the last 2 games. Chelsea at home then Arsenal away. Following Utd and Liverpool i have 2 winnable games at home to Fulham and Burnley but i havent won in 8 league games now. single FA Cup 3rd round replay win at home to Brighton in that run.