Longest save you have ever done?

2023 I think :onmehead: I'have been a perfectionist or always get exited of another team. This time in FM22 I will stick to one save each for the teams I want play. And I will play whatever team I enjoy for the moment. I will switch forth and back between teams I wanna play for the moment :)

• 1 month later...

Longest save was something like 8 years or so?

I did a Swansea save when they were in the old League 2 (Div 3) and got them to the Premier League. I stopped about a season or two in the PL as I couldn't really sign anyone and I was tired of the game. I used a 3-5-2 back then as well, which was highly unusual for the time period in England.

Most of my saves now die around season 4 if I ever get that far along. Just tedium, I think mostly because of the constant interruptions and media nonsense.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In FM 14 I had a LLM game with Harrogate. After winning the Premier League in like 25 seasons or so it continued into a journeyman. Reached 2055 somewhere like that.

And also the San Marino challenge on FM 14 I got to 2055 with 2 times qualifying for the euros and I qualified for 1 world cup. Regens were very bad for seasons and my golden generation retired sadly. Could have used the dynamic youth rating back then (and also working properly ofcourse)

So I love the idea of creating my own footballing world in FM, and therefore only ever have one save for each iteration of the game, and just move from club-to-club within that save (and at the moment, I'm still playing on FM21)

I started at Oxford (my club), then moved to Halesowen Town and then on to Piacenza (about a decade at each).

Then I created a new manager (my fictitious Icelandic daughter from when I was managing the national team there), started at Trencin (in Slovakia) then moved to Hibernian and now, in 2067, I've just been promoted into the National League with Guernsey.

I typically have 10-12 nations loaded at any one time, but change them up occasionally to keep things interesting.

And I get a lot of pleasure out of seeing the gradual ebb and flow across the leagues. Obviously the teams I worked at are now doing artificially better than they would have - but other wacky things happen more organically.....Sheffield United are now the dominant team in England; Raith Rovers have won back-to-back European trophies; Sassuolo just won Serie A for the 4th time in 5 years and have played in two CL finals; Peru won a World Cup - and it wasn't even a shock as their whole squad were playing for top European sides. Seeing Reading drop into non-league was a personal highlight.

It's a crazy, geeky, stats-nerd way of playing the game, but it makes me happy!

• 3 weeks later...

Its difficult to embark on a long term save until SI sort out the final update as I find it irritating that I need to restart to include the fixes.

My current Northern Ireland save feels like the longest, two seasons in one. Play each team four times then split play each team twice then play-offs. Then you find it's an SI cock up which has just spoilt weeks of playing.

I bought this version close to release but will revert to buying towards the end of the season every other editions when there's a discount and a significant difference in the game.

• 4 weeks later...