The 4th Uprising - "To My Narod Slaski"

SixPointer

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Interesting how the media is placing the responsibility of tackling the debt on you :lol:

As if you didn't have enough to do...

Well very true! But think it’s clear to see because of the mess I’ll have to shoulder some of the burden 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Nice interview! Must say that journo was giving Roland some friendly questions though…I guess that’s what you get when things are going well?

He is the blue eye boy of Chorzow for now. Am sure if he gets a few more draws the style will be questioned and the pressure will be on!

11 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Just adds to the challenge! 

Very much so. But the main challenge at the minute is game time hectic couple weeks at work but after that should be able to ramp it up. It’s also taking me more time to get my cornerstones of the club in place. Tactics are still being tested n tweaked. The training module am building is more in depth than I ever done before. My thinking is. If I get all this in place early on by the time I get to the top I’ll have the full club truly embedded in my philosophy. 

15 hours ago, MattyLewis11 said:

What are you trying to achieve in relation to the training schedules? 

I’m trying to follow tactical periodisation which is been my main study at the minute while being busy at work. As supervisor I do get free time during welding etc or when boat is pulling pipe on. Therefore although game time is suffering study time is through the roof

8 hours ago, SixPointer said:

I’m trying to follow tactical periodisation which is been my main study at the minute while being busy at work. As supervisor I do get free time during welding etc or when boat is pulling pipe on. Therefore although game time is suffering study time is through the roof

I attempted to implement tactical periodisation with an earlier save on FM and recorded a little video on it which you can find here;

https://youtu.be/TIRLwimvvy0

Obviously the schedule will need to be built around what you are trying to achieve on the pitch across different phases.

I don't think I quite mastered it but certainly a reference point. 

17 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Ha! I had kind of a similar thing for the past year and a half except instead of supervising adults at work I was supervising my kids at home after COVID wrecked my “industry”. So COVID was great for my FM game…not so great for my career.

1 minute ago, 13th Man said:

Ha! I had kind of a similar thing for the past year and a half except instead of supervising adults at work I was supervising my kids at home after COVID wrecked my “industry”. So COVID was great for my FM game…not so great for my career.

Sorry to hear that @13th Man its certainly been a tough time for all, some more than others....hope it picks back up 💪

1 hour ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Sorry to hear that @13th Man its certainly been a tough time for all, some more than others....hope it picks back up 💪

Thanks! Many have had it far worse than me but it’s been rough. Happily, things are finally starting to pick up again. FM was really helpful in making me feel like I had a “job” though…

On 11/07/2021 at 18:22, 13th Man said:

Double edged sword! If only FM was the career! That’s the dream 🤩

16 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Double edged sword! If only FM was the career! That’s the dream 🤩

FM is going to be my job during the summer from now on! Summer School is just a side gig!

• 2 weeks later...

Hold on in there!! Finally got some game time in! All my research during work paying off. 3 good systems on the go and feel I’ve gotten a handle on the tactical periodisation! Next few days should see some substantial writing ....

great Dynasty ina  making here :)  just started with another fallen club in Poland, Polonia.

good luck  I will follow!

Edited by the_hdk

38 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

i post updates in the Youth challange thread :)

I see! I would have give it a read. Few good players. I was trying to sign the centre back gollinski really good solid young player for that level. 

304604942_ChorzowHeader.png.738cb57e02e042b7e372f73e86470694.png

Coming In From The Cold

53e02a71ba9c79e1f23ca82299e5e32a.png

As you can see, it was a very busy return from the winter break. The vast number of games used to refine, design and trial the tactics. Some systems with complete rebuilds some with tweaks and others with trials to see how they play out for more long-term ideas in the future. There is still much work to be done but that is the project in hand and why am so intrigue by this save. I have a long way to go to the top and am doing it by really trying to employ a true club culture. If only my work would allow me some more game time.

Some really big wins in among that set of games, albeit friendlies are friendlies.  We started off with beating the last upper Silesian team to win the top division for starters, then taking out the Slovaks that @Hootieleece is running. The former managers team took a right hiding 8-1 in Czestochowa.

The Systems

3330960c3d52a356c267747525b5f328.png

Salida, after the famous Salida Lavolpiana, due to the fact it’s one of the key components of the system. Few tweaks here now dual playmakers in midfield and a Treq replaces the F9. The F9 was good in the systems but I found it lacked a little cutting edge at times and came a little two deep.

As you can see the team instructions are beefed up as well. This is now my central overload template which all three systems follow for now, although each shape has the same instructions with the roles and duties, they are all different combinations. The desired effect is to have the same style of play but slight variation of how its achieved. Mainly through player positioning.

b7d82ab58d8441a31601caf0c7f05bd1.png

The Conductor, brings us the creative number 6, Possibly will become a Regista in time when the player level increases, but for now we have a DLP(D) with takes more risks and direct passes to commit to those quarterback type passes. This is a full inverted wing back system, I like how they make a nice 3 with the DLP, the Wingers provide width the mezzala hit the half space and the F9 drops in to make it a lovely 2-3-5 shape as the team moves forward in one shape. The wingers in this system have given me a lot of food for thought as I actually see them playing out better than what the inside forwards were. Originally it was two advanced IF's I tried wingers and dropped them back and its worked great in particular the Winger on attack who has gotten into some great positions. Loosely based on Peps Bayern I drew some inspiration and elements of the systems.

ee70a0d688835fa92f34c9070cfe6aaa.png

Pivots is the final system, at the moment this is the one in the biggest trial stage yet, am not really sure what it will become, ive really used it for role trials at the minute. I do like the idea of deep full backs for recycling play. I'm also looking to see if the inverted winger suits the style of play, I desire. I drew inspiration from Roberto De Zerbi's former Sassuolo side for the full backs.

Conclusion

I am still tinkering but with the league results and clips of the football Ruch Chorzow are playing which you will see in the next update am more than on my way. I still have to build at least 3 more systems and refine the 424 pivots. The aim is to have 3 central overloads and two varied side overloads with an emphasis of half space domination and roaming players.

4 hours ago, SixPointer said:

There is still much work to be done but that is the project in hand and why am so intrigue by this save. I have a long way to go to the top and am doing it by really trying to employ a true club culture. If only my work would allow me some more game time.

This extract is what makes your writing style so wonderful! You are fully immersed and you can tell through how you post. I really like the identity you’re trying to build and the way that you’re going about it!

Good luck for bringing those shapes back into league football!

7 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

This extract is what makes your writing style so wonderful! You are fully immersed and you can tell through how you post. I really like the identity you’re trying to build and the way that you’re going about it!

Good luck for bringing those shapes back into league football!

Thanks man! I’ve no been this excited by a save for a while. I’ve got it down to exactly what I want to build on and off the pitch. Only issue is my work holding back game time at the minute but next week looks promising for some real game. Should have the first season finished shortly hopefully the second season by a week on Sunday. 

Very interesting tactical setups!

Salida - like the ways you go against conventional wisdom here with two playmakers and two attacking IFs. The levels in midfield should make it work, and the IFs should have good spaces to attack with the T pulling people out of position.

Conductor - This one is very nice. Feel like the two MEZs will create great movement with the wingers giving them space and the IWBs in support. Also love a proper deep playmaker and think a regista would be deadly here if you find the right player(s) down the road.

Pivots - this one is the one I’m most curious about. It looks like you’d get interesting movement, but I can also see it not working at all. I’m guessing if you’re still using it, it must work, but I’m having a bit of trouble visualizing it! I wonder, though, if the right sided IW could be an IF? Seems like the IW would run into the T too much? Seems like an IF could attack the space that the T creates rather than operate in the exact same space. Then again, sometimes operating in the same space can be a good thing in a possession tactic…

2 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Very interesting tactical setups!

Salida - like the ways you go against conventional wisdom here with two playmakers and two attacking IFs. The levels in midfield should make it work, and the IFs should have good spaces to attack with the T pulling people out of position.

Conductor - This one is very nice. Feel like the two MEZs will create great movement with the wingers giving them space and the IWBs in support. Also love a proper deep playmaker and think a regista would be deadly here if you find the right player(s) down the road.

Pivots - this one is the one I’m most curious about. It looks like you’d get interesting movement, but I can also see it not working at all. I’m guessing if you’re still using it, it must work, but I’m having a bit of trouble visualizing it! I wonder, though, if the right sided IW could be an IF? Seems like the IW would run into the T too much? Seems like an IF could attack the space that the T creates rather than operate in the exact same space. Then again, sometimes operating in the same space can be a good thing in a possession tactic…

Very much so bud. The IF’s are starting to frustrate me. There not actually hitting the areas I want in Salida. Although janoska is top scorer at the minute it’s mostly headed back post goals. Which I can complain to much about. It’s working but needs some fine tuning. The dual playmakers has proved to be a stroke of genius in overloading centre. The mezzala was dropped from it as I seen them more use in the conductor and want to try keep slight changes. 

pivots really is still trialing and was used in the last 4 friendly games. It’s actually more me working out roles for when I begin to make overloads in only one certain half space. For when I look to attack the other side. Right now with conductor and Salida am looking to attacking equally across the pitch with slight variation. 

in terms of going against the grain I would be easy to follow the usual stuff. One wing back attack with support in front and the opposite on other side but I want those IF’s being as direct as possible. 

I think I’ll see the season out still tinkering and playing with all 3 while in the background working on a couple more. In the end I want 6 systems that all offer our key principle but have slight variation for when we playing different opponents. 

most likely 3 formations with 2 systems in each formation is the final plan! Then I can rotate and pick off opponents weaknesses 

The amount of detail and tactical planning that you do is incredible! Three Formations each with two variations.....and you want the ability to switch them at will.  I would be worried about tactical familiarity. It seems hard to max out and easy to lose. That is one of the reasons I don't change tactics except to break losing streaks mostly. 

This is with me trying to keep the roles and TI's the same across 3 formations.

As for Tactical Familiarity it is good if you keep playing the same systems season after season and don't transfer too many new players (from other teams) in during any one transfer window. That is how I am keeping FC Kosice at a good level...most of the players have been playing these formations and roles for 5 years and most of the replacements are beginning to come from the U-19's.

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

The amount of detail and tactical planning that you do is incredible! Three Formations each with two variations.....and you want the ability to switch them at will.  I would be worried about tactical familiarity. It seems hard to max out and easy to lose. That is one of the reasons I don't change tactics except to break losing streaks mostly. 

This is with me trying to keep the roles and TI's the same across 3 formations.

As for Tactical Familiarity it is good if you keep playing the same systems season after season and don't transfer too many new players (from other teams) in during any one transfer window. That is how I am keeping FC Kosice at a good level...most of the players have been playing these formations and roles for 5 years and most of the replacements are beginning to come from the U-19's.

Tactical familiarity will possibly be a issue. But because my core doesn’t change it’s mainly going to be a couple role changes here and there I’m hoping that will keep it enough.

The way I see it is in real life. If a you come up against a quick winger you don’t tend to go with a really attacking wing back normally something to nullify him with a slight more solid role and player. This leads onto my next big thing in the blue print 

I will be looking to have two players for every position like I always do. But this time I’ll be looking for players with a contrast rather than identical. This way I could say keep the tactic but put a player in with a better defensive side and better player traits suited. Or even better ones that suit being inverted and ones that don’t. Eventually two full backs and two wide men a set of inverts and set of touch line huggers. Which again will give me a lot more option and variety with out disturbing my systems to much. Once the final 6 systems are set down then it may come down to which player type plays. 

6 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Tactical familiarity will possibly be a issue. But because my core doesn’t change it’s mainly going to be a couple role changes here and there I’m hoping that will keep it enough.

The way I see it is in real life. If a you come up against a quick winger you don’t tend to go with a really attacking wing back normally something to nullify him with a slight more solid role and player. This leads onto my next big thing in the blue print 

I will be looking to have two players for every position like I always do. But this time I’ll be looking for players with a contrast rather than identical. This way I could say keep the tactic but put a player in with a better defensive side and better player traits suited. Or even better ones that suit being inverted and ones that don’t. Eventually two full backs and two wide men a set of inverts and set of touch line huggers. Which again will give me a lot more option and variety with out disturbing my systems to much. Once the final 6 systems are set down then it may come down to which player type plays. 

Judging from my tinkering and various slight formation changes, I don't think the familiarity will be a major problem.  It seems to me that as long as the general style is the same, the players will perform well.  They won't be quite as fluid - so it seems good to have a set tactic that you usually use - but it's worth the tinkering if you can expose flaws/weaknesses in the opposition tactic/shape.  Six is a lot though, but if they're all variations on a theme it should work. Curious to see how it works out for you in this save! 

10 minutes ago, 13th Man said:

Judging from my tinkering and various slight formation changes, I don't think the familiarity will be a major problem.  It seems to me that as long as the general style is the same, the players will perform well.  They won't be quite as fluid - so it seems good to have a set tactic that you usually use - but it's worth the tinkering if you can expose flaws/weaknesses in the opposition tactic/shape.  Six is a lot though, but if they're all variations on a theme it should work. Curious to see how it works out for you in this save! 

Am curious myself. I’ve never usually went for more than full proof systems at one time. Usually my third slot is used for working on stuff. But now I have a clear blueprint from training to tactics to development I feel I can afford to build the systems in advance with the idea of them all becoming of use at various stages 

10 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Am curious myself. I’ve never usually went for more than full proof systems at one time. Usually my third slot is used for working on stuff. But now I have a clear blueprint from training to tactics to development I feel I can afford to build the systems in advance with the idea of them all becoming of use at various stages 

Plus - the players will have been training in the systems before you put them into play, so they'll be more ready than if you just decide to switch things up and come up with a new tactic in the middle of a season!

1269611268_ChorzowHeader.png.ba12f8233c88cdd37e3b53893cd73348.png

"Putting it all to the test"

March 2021

7c86181d9c2e710aab9259ed90dbc583.png

Four games to see if all the tinkering was worth it, two mid table teams followed by a couple of the chasing pack who look to get into the title race. One of course being our arch-rivals second team, which I suppose shows how much of a fall from grace we have seen here at Ruch Chorzow, but things are on the up. The new manager has the team going in the right direction with a great philosophy and determination to make them great again.

MKS

d18a61c6f2839335e937de900a8c97e4.png

Salida provided a 1-0 win, and possibly the best goal ive ever scored on footy man. I will post it but due to the fact its 30 seconds long am not sure how it will play out. The move epitomises everything that I want to see from the team. Building from deep, passing and moving, overloading, interchanging, and even a CUTBACK. I think even pep would get excited about such a move.

Performance wise the wide men really didn't get into the groove which again has me questioning the inside forwards, its definitely an area of the Salida I want to work on. Can see the Raumdeuter being brought in for some tests.

335927d81a5e961d295e20b88ebcba3c.gif

I hope this loads and does it justice!

Polonia

e4adcd4f4ea63629ba87bc4a644e4789.png

The conductor was unleashed on the league and Polonia felt its full wrath. Total domination with my only concerns being the wasted shots at goal and the lack of a standout performance from the DLP, however he is crowded in there with 4 players all dominating the half space at various heights of the pitch and Mokrzycki isn't really a Pirlo type. The biggest plus side is all the wide men both inverted wing backs has great games helped by a small training tweak that will come in the training update shortly. The wingers ran riot especially young Bartosz Bak on loan from Skra Czestochowa.

45cf718c46acfa56c21d4e0903a4fdc5.gif

The movement of the young winger here was excellent and really makes me lean more towards using wingers on attack in all 3 setups, lovely run in behind full back and a great cutback. He looks a real promising talent, can play on each wing as well. Contract is up in the summer but has an extension clause which am sure Ruch's former manager will use. gives us 4 great wide options the two old heads and the two young guns.

4fc8748b9359e757b93fc16874a713f7.png

From the average position when in possession and heat map you can clearly see two things 1. that it gives me a nice 2-3-4-1 shape in attack, with 2,8,11 overloading the right half space and 3,7,10 overloading the left. 2. From the heat map you can see a clear dominance in the half spaces and centre in the final third with the right hand channel being the most used, mainly because of that winger movement from the goal above. All in all the conductor is so far the best match at the minute and is doing what I planned the best.

Lechia Zielona Gora

997f44cbca3b89ae1172aa9f34d4ece5.png

a6e33e3d751bd1642e347c14ea480d83.png

Salida comes together nicely against LZG. 4-0 albeit with the aid of a couple of penalties, but the good thing about that is we are committing defenders into silly fouls in their box. More pleasing was the fact that both the inside forwards stepped up to finish off great moves. This was definitely more like it from our attacking outlets on the flanks.

On the heat map again, you can see how the centre is red hot and the half spaces either side are utilised. Not a complete match of the conductor but similar enough while also being varied enough. The attacking shape presents as a 343 which is the desired shape so all in all the Salida and conductor seem to have adapted to league football nicely.

f1727ce26b4d2a31d4beed4970befac0.gif

Ball is worked lovely between the midfield three and the false 9. The ball circulation lures the defence in with their full attention the left inside forward makes an epic run in between full back and centre back and finishes off a lovely ball from the advanced playmaker. Really working the ball well at that crucial area of the pitch and not rushing a pass in behind simply waiting for the right movement and space to come free before punishing. Nice fluid football with a purpose.

d21967f3139c468252d8c072c7b714e6.png

Unbeaten in 26 under the guidance of Roland Buchala.... up next will be a look at the academy graduates, player development and training module. 

Thanks for reading 

SixPointer

Great Stuff! 

With the right PPM's you can create a Pirlo type. I did so with Nael Jaby in my Clermont save last year.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nael-jaby/profil/spieler/668503

Led Ligue 1 for years in Assists and Key Passes, but NEVER got a call to the French National Team. (As a DLP-S in 4-2-3-1 Wide)

4 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Great Stuff! 

With the right PPM's you can create a Pirlo type. I did so with Nael Jaby in my Clermont save last year.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nael-jaby/profil/spieler/668503

Led Ligue 1 for years in Assists and Key Passes, but NEVER got a call to the French National Team. (As a DLP-S in 4-2-3-1 Wide)

I definitely already have creative types who will suit the role better and will definitely see them shortly. Wryoba hasn’t really kicked on yet he’s the most likely player but I feel he’s been abit of let down compared to others in the first half of the season. 

The 4th Uprising "To My Narod Slaski"

394770685_ChorzowHeader.png.e3e48e1213ae0c281eb578ecbf50d441.png

The Training Pitch

Tactical periodisation

As is stated previously I am following the concept of tactical periodisation. Mainly because general team training is an area I of neglect in the game. So, I thought it was time to address that and get stuck into it. I need structure and an example to follow when playing the game this is why I often use real life concepts and then try applying them to the game. I find it helps stop me from becoming overwhelmed with all the options. So tactical periodisation gives me that structure to follow.

In its most basic form tactical periodisation is a methodology which prioritises preparing the players for the games by making the training game like. Each session is devoted to the style of play and tactics, and in game scenarios. Training must be well thought out and planned to achieve ultimate preparation for each game.

A game model must be built in order to have a structure to follow throughout the club. Before making the model, some factors must be considered to see what is desired and achievable :

• Playing style of the manager/coach
  • Culture of the country/city/club
  • Quality of players (key Attributes)

Once these factors are all considered the game model can be built. In this instance Roland Buchala has his philosophy of positional football with possession, The culture around the city, country and club maybe doesn't quite match it but it certainly isn't against it am sure the industrial heartland will be happy to see some easy on the eye football as long as it brings the one big culture at the club which is success. Quality of player is of course a concern at this level but when compared to other teams in the league the technical levels are good enough.

model.png.24ff082ebfe6bab0a1a20bd786470b01.png

Game Model

The model is built up of three key components, as the image above displays which is taken from the amazing » Understanding the Tactical Periodization Methodology (spielverlagerung.com) article which I highly recommend to anyone trying to follow this type of training.

Four moments of the game -  Attacking Organization, Defensive Transition, Defensive Organization, and Attacking Transition.

1831945575_Momentsofthegame.png.29bf932c086eb77613677cd98dc0457c.png

This is four moments of the game with Ruch Chorzow key principles in that moment. This will be installed in the club form the top to the bottom. Already at such a basic and early stage the structure is coming together and has already helped me with building the DNA and philosophy at the club without even entering the training screen yet and only from my tactical ideas.

Scales of the Team - Applies which area will be trained within the session determining who will train the principles. The units are split into collective, inter-sectorial, sectorial, group, individual. 

Collective = The whole team

Inter-sectorial = usually involves the relationship of 2 lines of the team

Sectorial = involves only one line of the team

Group = certain players that play close to each other but can be of different lines, for example, full backs and wingers

Individual = is self-explanatory 

In FM this is area which we can to an extent cover with the unit training on each session, of course it’s very hard to break it down into the finest of details I can’t make just four players train on one thing and four on something else. At best I can break it down to defence and attack or as a team. Individual training in a sense will be covered not a problem in terms of using player traits to get something tactically across.

Principles of the Game Model - Have to be based around 4 moments of the game and can be broken down into main principles, sub-principles, and sub-sub principles

Main principles - involve the collective or inter-sectorial scale of the team. These are the principles that show the identity of the team and are usually trained with large numbers

Sub Principles - usually involve the inter-sectorial, sectorial, or group scale of the team. (Although it is important for these principles to remain consistent from week-to-week, some flexibility can be allowed to adapt to an opponent)

Sub-Sub principles - involve only the individual or a very small group. For example, the two centre backs, two centre forwards, etc.

1850584724_principlessmall.png.57cef55bf02e7037bec2b429ae7990ad.png

I have tried my best here but the principles is where this can all become rather tricky, It’s very hard to train in such a way as pure as this as mainly there isn’t enough options or should I say flexibility to get players to train sub-sub principles in a way that the real life model is designed I can’t tell two centre backs and a keeper to purely work in a group I can however work on distribution for the goalkeeper and passing for CB's and then use the play out from the back.

Morphocycles

This is how the game model is applied on a week to week basis, The week is broken down and each day has its role in working towards preparation for the next match.

Monday (Match +1) – passive recovery

The team will do a light recovery session to eliminate lactic acid accumulated in the body, A look back over the previous match would be included to get any issues sorted out before allowing the mind to reset and start to get ready for the week ahead.

Tuesday (M +2) – active recovery

Light content, not too demanding mentally or physically since players are still recovering from the game and the objective is for them to be fully recovered for the next session,  coaches prefer to cover general principles of their game model that go unchanged so the team can continue establishing its identity. although it is a recovery session, that doesn’t mean that players should “take it easy” the complexity and the duration of each exercise needs to be shorter and there must be maximum recovery between sets. 

Wednesday (M -4) – day of sub and sub-sub principles

This is the first day of the acquisition stage, both from the learning of the Game Model, On this day we cover the sub principles and sub-sub principles of our game model, in individual, groups, sectorial, or even inter-sectorial levels. On this day, coaches customarily work on specific details of the game model without yet focusing on the opponent 

Thursday (M -3) – day of main principles and sub-principles

Day of main principles and sub-principles. The complexity of training on this day is at its highest. For this reason, we practice in large spaces with many players (11v11, 11v10, 10v10 etc. focusing on the collective or inter-sectorial levels. On this day, coaches introduce the plan for the next opponent since this is the day that players have fully recovered from the previous game. The next game is still 72 hours away, therefore, from an emotional, mental, and physical standpoint they should be completely ready for new information.

Friday (M -2) – day of the sub-principles and sub-sub principles 

Considering we are only two days away from the next game, the coach should be mindful about not overloading players too much in this session.

Saturday (M -1) – pre-activation 

This session is the final preparation ahead of the next game. The objective of this day is to prepare any final details about the game while making sure players are fully recuperated physically and emotionally. The coach could work on specific game situations, set pieces, or even an 11v11 game. it is important for the size of the field to be reduced (half field or 2/3 field) so players are working on quick decisions and activation, without covering long distances which would increase the level of fatigue and risk of injury before the game.

Colour Key 

Light Blue = Match Preparation

Dark Blue = Training as Team

Dark Green = Lighter intensity 

Bright Green = Higher Intensity 

My Morphocycles

7730ed8f47c64671a5dff5efea49451a.pngGeneral Morphocycle

Monday (Match +1) – Passive Recovery

Recovery session easy day players come in and spend time with the medical team, for some reason it won’t allow me to add match review here when building the schedule, so I need to edit it in once I load it to the calendar. Zero intensity.

Tuesday (M +2) – Active Recovery

Overall session in the morning designed to just get everyone back in and moving around again, nothing to specific in the morning to allow the mind to ease back into it. Then a general possession session to train some generic key principles. The intensity is still light enough to be considered active recovery especially with a rest in session two of the day to allow for more recovery between the workouts.

Wednesday (M -4) – Day of Sub and Sub-Sub Principles

Intensity has started to increase as the first activation day commences starting the day with attacking patient in the morning, This provides a nice sub principle as it drives our patient attack style of play and trains in units to give it that inter sectorial feel. Transition press hit the same spot which covers an aspect of key principle of high pressing football but does so as sub principle as we train this in sectorial units. Defend engaged delivers the final sub principle of the day and follows up nicely from the press as we now look to be aggressive and win the ball back.. No match preparation as of yet as we still are not ready to learn about the next opponent.

Thursday (M -3) – Day of Main Principles and Sub-Principles

Main principal day means a full day of collective team training kicked off with defending from the front is key principle it’s the main part off the defensive transition in the game moment and is trained as a team, Its followed by our first look into the next opponent with a 11 a side match practice game with the next opponent in mind. The extra session rounds of the day with another key principle from the game moment playing out from the back is at the core of the attacking transition. A hard day but very effective when intensity reaches 70% with it being the highest complexity day.

Friday (M -2) – Day of the Sub-Principles and Sub-Sub Principles 

The team breaks back off into units for the final acquisition day to cover sub principles. although it is done at a slightly reduced intensity as we close in on Sundays game. Beginning the day with some Ball retention sees a heavy focus on retaining the ball, transition restrict sees us working in transition from attack to defence by restricting the space and finally ball distribution again sees us work on a selected part of our possession philosophy. On the whole three great Sub principles trained two covering possession when on the ball and one on working to get it back.

Saturday (M -1) – pre-activation 

Now the match preparation really kicks in, the defensive shape is worked on in the morning session running the whole team through what is expected of them when out of possession, The second session is the polar opposite and takes the team through there instructions and roles for when we have the ball and are attacking. The match preview rounds of the final session and leads us nicely into Sundays game, all done of course at a lower intensity to insure there is still plenty energy in the tank for match day.

On the whole am delighted with the general cycle so much so that I made an attacking and defensive one to compliment it. However, I won’t drag them on and will simply let you decipher them. They follow the exact same logic just have slightly tweaked sessions to give more attention to each end of the pitch if required.

0438a3e3a7c14ad9254b2ea1a91c7cb9.pngAttacking Morphocycle

7adbbeeef09af558ca09706ea3331d94.pngDefensive Morphocycle

Key Attributes

I want to list how many hits each key attribute gets from the cycles these hits all come from the priority of the session so in reality there is more hits across the board, this is just to show that although tactical periodisation is difficult to follow and is mainly about match preparation, I feel ive managed to put a spin on it and find a good balance that gives us attribute growth and the match preparation required all while following the concept the best I can.

One area of concern is the physical aspect as in FM the physicals don't get much attention when training like this, the periodisation is meant to be done as game like and with intensity so let’s say for instance the practice match would provide stamina as its 11v11 however in FM this isn’t the case. So, I may need to add in a general physical session if it turns out there isn’t enough.

General Cycle

Technical

First touch - 6 Passing - 7 Technique - 3

Mental

Anticipation - 6 Composure - 5 Decisions - 7 Positioning - 4 Teamwork - 8 Work rate - 2 Vision - 4 Off the ball - 3

Physical

Balance - 1 Stamina - 1 Agility - 1

Attacking Cycle

Technical 

passing - 8 first touch - 6 technique - 7

Mental

Composure - 5 decisions - 6 off the ball - 6 vision - 6 anticipation - 3 flair - 6 finishing - 4

Defensive Cycle

Mental

Anticipation - 8 Concentration - 5 decisions - 6 positioning 6 - aggression teamwork 5 - work rate - 2

Conclusion

As you can see a lot of the core attributes are captured on a large scale. The balance of following the concept but still getting the attribute growth is a fine balance cause in reality there would probably have to be a lot more match preparation blocks to really tie in fully to the concept.

There are some small issues, but this is where the Sub-Sub principles come in, which will be player traits and individual training but for now that’s another days work. Now I have my general training under control and set for the foreseeable future and with the current team training rate now sitting at 7.47 I can start to get my teeth stuck into the Sub-Sub stuff.

Edited by SixPointer

On your Recovery Days (Monday) You might consider adding Match Review and or Team Bonding or Community Outreach.

I also often have all 3 training periods filled everyday but GameDay.  Also I find it a good Idea to use Recovery after Match Practice as well.

Good approach to hands on Training. I still let the Assman do it and then spend time "modifying". Mostly adding recovery, review, and bonding sessions.

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

On your Recovery Days (Monday) You might consider adding Match Review and or Team Bonding or Community Outreach.

I also often have all 3 training periods filled everyday but GameDay.  Also I find it a good Idea to use Recovery after Match Practice as well.

Good approach to hands on Training. I still let the Assman do it and then spend time "modifying". Mostly adding recovery, review, and bonding sessions.

I do have match review on a Monday. It just doesn’t allow me to add it until the the schedule is in the calendar for some reason. Possibly because my game days are Sunday. 

still have a long way to go as I will need to make schedule for a week with two games and I still have the individual (sub sub principles). I don’t want to overload them to much by filling every session as the style of play is intense. I do however think I’ll need to get some physical training in there somewhere. 

it’s not perfect and I don’t think it can be as the concept is more unique to what we have in the game and more detailed.  But the main thing is that it’s provided my a structure/guide to follow. That way  I find it easier to learn rather than just throwing around all sorts of sessions and getting nowhere. 

Edited by SixPointer

Fun to see a detailed breakdown like this. While it’s never been a huge thing, I’ve always put a fair amount of effort into training - but nothing like what you’ve been doing here!
I’m always working in daily/weekly “themes” then using the two first sessions of the day to work towards that (ex - chance creation followed by chance conversation) with the third being dedicated to match prep (attacking movement/defensive positioning or set pieces).

Since your first training post I’ve been changing that up a lot and putting the match prep into a specific day or slotting it in with similar training themes. Don’t know if it makes any difference though, but I know it does in real life.

One though is that it’s nice (from experience) to have a full day off! The review is well and good, but you gotta have time off for your body and mind. I also think finding time for physical training is key. As much as game time will keep players in decent shape, and I never do physical training when there’s two games in a week, I do think it’s important if you’re playing a demanding style to keep everyone (especially the squad players) in good shape. You can always let the tired starters do a day without pitch/gym work too!

5 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Fun to see a detailed breakdown like this. While it’s never been a huge thing, I’ve always put a fair amount of effort into training - but nothing like what you’ve been doing here!
I’m always working in daily/weekly “themes” then using the two first sessions of the day to work towards that (ex - chance creation followed by chance conversation) with the third being dedicated to match prep (attacking movement/defensive positioning or set pieces).

Since your first training post I’ve been changing that up a lot and putting the match prep into a specific day or slotting it in with similar training themes. Don’t know if it makes any difference though, but I know it does in real life.

One though is that it’s nice (from experience) to have a full day off! The review is well and good, but you gotta have time off for your body and mind. I also think finding time for physical training is key. As much as game time will keep players in decent shape, and I never do physical training when there’s two games in a week, I do think it’s important if you’re playing a demanding style to keep everyone (especially the squad players) in good shape. You can always let the tired starters do a day without pitch/gym work too!

I think there is no doubt ill need to make adjustments to match up with what I need in the game. But tried my best to best match that example of the Morphocycle for now and see how it plays out. 

The 4th Uprising "To My Narod Slaski"

24092948_ChorzowHeader.png.d4c78c987a451c026fc77705a2e4a5ba.png

This Is My Generation, My golden Generation Baby

b69ec1160ec5cca76cb907e368570091.png

Youth Intake 2021

The wait was over, there had been a lot of good noise from the academy. Roland hadn’t had much time to give it his full attention due to his commitment to aligning the first team with his ideals. However, popping in from time to time a couple sessions what he has seen was only promising signs.

df7cb70b51b5366fa7038bc3566de967.jpg

Safe to say the self-proclaimed golden generation had landed, Did Buchala have a class of 21 on his hands? well at a glance already 4/5 players will be able to challenge for first team football. beyond that there is still players that definitely have the chance to progress into the first team which gives us a good strong under 18 squad which in my eyes can only be a good thing as it provides competition, and they drive one and other on.

ce548d366ac1966a94594d1900c9959c.png

First two players to go under the microscope. Daniel Kossyk an attacking midfielder who can play through the middle and either wing, billed as the best of the bunch he has a lot to live up to. Marcin Gocyk is centre back who has the ability to slot in at right back this suits the teams shape as the centre backs often play wide in the half space. Lets dive into there profiles.

73308d8dcdd1e0d0ae789747293e2735.png

This young man looks a prized asset already at just only 15 years old. He really typifies the kind of player I'm trying to bring through at the club. However, I don’t see him being much use in the wide roles I am using at the minute, he’s definitely more suited to the central roles. His personality needs worked on, perhaps pairing him with someone loyal will lift it.

Attributes wise he scores well on the three key technical attributes and has excellent dribbling to add to the mix. Mentally, his composure needs work, but pleasing is his immense determination and work rate, although a technical player in a creative part of the pitch its seems these two stats coupled with his 11 aggression means he will be more than happy to buy into the high press philosophy. Physically he isn’t very explosive, but his speed of thought should hopefully play more of a part in our game plan. High agility will help him to turn out of tight spaces, balance does need improvement to make him the full package physically.

9a933c7873628b2b9e3265ebb61865d9.png

Very sturdy centre back at 15 years of age, while he maybe doesn’t possess much of the key DNA in terms of making him specific to the style of play, he isn’t actually that far off and matches up better than some of the current CB's in the squad when you consider there at least 3 years older than him.

His big strength is his football intelligence at 15 he is already very mature footballing wise, all the key attributes needed are just shy of double figures. Teamwork and work rate are an area of concern. Technically he is an old-fashioned defender but 6,7,6 for the key ball playing side of the game is workable and with the correct training plan will so improve. Pace is another area of concern, but acceleration is not the worst again his reading of the game should mean he doesn’t have to run much, but with our high line it certainly does need addressing.

a8bd7771bf4161fefaa57fa5775d6406.png

The final two that will go under the microscope are Kamil and Mateusz. Another goalkeeping prospect to add to the array of talent already at the club. An attacking right back which is a real turn up for the books, a position that was on the list for squad improvement in the summer now no longer looks like it needs to be.

5969a9edb3103b2399780a05421a4312.png

There is something about this club and producing good goalkeepers is this Kamil ready to follow the previous Kamil? The one being Kamil Grabara was the last high profile one who joined Liverpool. Now I don't think Kamil is off his level by any stretch of an imagination, but he does have some standout qualities for a 15-year-old. Problem is he has some issue in key areas which unless improved will see him fall short at the club.

In terms of a basic goalkeeper everything except positioning is of a very high standard for this level, with all attributes being at least 8. Positioning must be vastly improved in fact it’s imperative if he is to grow. The other concern is the key attributes which are required to meet our style of play, first touch and composure are abysmal and passing is a lowly 6. The only plus point in that situation is vison of 12. He needs serious work but has the right mentality to work at it.

d663f2010770fd09fd4eab8946ae1907.png

It’s rare in these scenarios that the right player comes along just at the perfect time, Intakes can sometimes provide a talent but in a position already congested. This time Mateusz arrives right on schedule. One first choice right back has performed well, and one centre back has drifted into there at times and done a job. Lechowicz the backup has really underperformed. Now with this young man he looks to be moved on. For me Luczak is the pick of the intake, Kossyk is a player but comes up against some already talented players in his area. 

What really inspires me is at 15 years of age his supreme mental ability. positioning anticipation concentration and decisions all lead to great reading of the game. throw in the fact he is brave hard working and a team player he backs up the intelligence with great desire. Flair at 8 is a bonus and really makes me consider inverting the young man. he is fit as a fiddle has a decent enough turn of pace as well. Onto the technical side of the game, he lacks dribbling and pure crossing ability which again makes me consider him becoming a more inverted type. but both can be worked on in the end I want complete versatile players. first touch, technique and passing all good enough and after a good few months and some game time I think he will run Bedzieszak close for the first team slot.

Intake Conclusion

Certainly, no complaints for the first intake from the Ruch Chorzow academy. A playmaker, centre back and wing back already to move into the first team squad instantly. Taking he time to get the correct coaches in at the first team level with the same philosophy was my first port of call. Mainly because most of my current under 18 staff already had the same beliefs. It’s something ive often overlooked and just went ahead with whoever had the best attributes. Now getting the correct type of coach over attributes has shown me that it should help shape players better to the clubs philosophy.

Other News

5d084a357962b292b2fe2540b08dc3af.png

acaa5128059ac02c44e10a28462e7b0e.png

An old academy product nets us nearly 2k. it’s not going to sort out our debt-ridden state of affairs, but it shows you in the future if we can produce more players like the club has done before it will have a knock-on effect and brining the money flow back. The board at the minute is the only saving grace as they plough another 150k into keeping the club alive and well. 

1bd747b07948b8fdfb5869fc82033722.png

As promised the pathway to the first team is clear if the quality is there! "if you're good enough your old enough"

On 29/07/2021 at 08:56, SixPointer said:

Conclusion

As you can see a lot of the core attributes are captured on a large scale. The balance of following the concept but still getting the attribute growth is a fine balance cause in reality there would probably have to be a lot more match preparation blocks to really tie in fully to the concept.

There are some small issues, but this is where the Sub-Sub principles come in, which will be player traits and individual training but for now that’s another days work. Now I have my general training under control and set for the foreseeable future and with the current team training rate now sitting at 7.47 I can start to get my teeth stuck into the Sub-Sub stuff.

This is a wonderful post and really highlights what you are aiming to do with your team in this save. We have slightly differing views on the way that the week should be structured, which is great! I do have one question. My core concepts are added to my schedules and this only takes one week and gives me a little bit of space to add additional things such as penalties if we are in knockout competitions and work on different training areas, too. I notice that you have 'attacking' and 'defending' weeks. Do you simply run them one after another or is there any method to your placement of these?

16 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

This is a wonderful post and really highlights what you are aiming to do with your team in this save. We have slightly differing views on the way that the week should be structured, which is great! I do have one question. My core concepts are added to my schedules and this only takes one week and gives me a little bit of space to add additional things such as penalties if we are in knockout competitions and work on different training areas, too. I notice that you have 'attacking' and 'defending' weeks. Do you simply run them one after another or is there any method to your placement of these?

The basic cycle is my main training cycle which is for when everything is going well. If I have a game we’re out of possession isn’t up to standard or we concede poor goals I’ll run the defence cycle. If in possession hasn’t been great in the game or we lack goals or making of chances I’ll run the attacking. 

40 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

The basic cycle is my main training cycle which is for when everything is going well. If I have a game we’re out of possession isn’t up to standard or we concede poor goals I’ll run the defence cycle. If in possession hasn’t been great in the game or we lack goals or making of chances I’ll run the attacking. 

Interesting. This is where I feel there is a slight disconnect between tactical periodisation and FM training (which, surely, in time will be developed more to be in line with how the tactic creator mirrors life) because of the separation of ‘training’ blocks and ‘match prep’ blocks. 

Now, I feel it should be that I can work on ‘possession’ for example and that will not only develop the necessary attributes but also improve our possession play in the next game. However, right now, I’m ‘stuck’ with just Attacking Movement to cover my next game. Yes - I know learning tactics etc will help that but it just feels a little ‘this or that’ and not a fully immersive ‘develop attributes and an overall style’ with training.

I don’t know if there is any kind of short-term on pitch ‘bonus’ for gaining a point in a relevant attribute but I think SI is still scraping the surface of this training module!

On 31/07/2021 at 08:24, _Ben_ said:

Interesting. This is where I feel there is a slight disconnect between tactical periodisation and FM training (which, surely, in time will be developed more to be in line with how the tactic creator mirrors life) because of the separation of ‘training’ blocks and ‘match prep’ blocks. 

Now, I feel it should be that I can work on ‘possession’ for example and that will not only develop the necessary attributes but also improve our possession play in the next game. However, right now, I’m ‘stuck’ with just Attacking Movement to cover my next game. Yes - I know learning tactics etc will help that but it just feels a little ‘this or that’ and not a fully immersive ‘develop attributes and an overall style’ with training.

I don’t know if there is any kind of short-term on pitch ‘bonus’ for gaining a point in a relevant attribute but I think SI is still scraping the surface of this training module!

I totally agree with this. I’m not all that worried about it - training is fairly low on the list of priorities - but the more detail, the more immersion I get so I would love more here.

If you're struggling with cash, remember that in Poland there's a point system that reward clubs with most under21/22 minutes played 

You can check it in competition menu -> squad rewards.

6 hours ago, Bigpole said:

If you're struggling with cash, remember that in Poland there's a point system that reward clubs with most under21/22 minutes played 

You can check it in competition menu -> squad rewards.

I’ll have a look at this next time I am on! We have a very young team anyway so I would expect to already be doing well 

The 4th Uprising - To My Narod Slaski

2077384412_ChorzowHeader.png.0cb3d34a7ee079864ff25b823a33dd35.png

Getting it over the line FINALLY!

d528b2a8d223979ae775474f57b5586d.png

5b6d05055887f3b93d278b32672bc3ad.gif

The leaders of the chasing pack are toppled, which takes the unbeaten record to 27. Young Bartosz Bak steals the headlines with a fine performance, grabbing himself a double. The second one being a fantastic solo effort after some nice build up play. The conductor again showing that wingers could be the final solution.

Ruch-ChorzowPolonia-Bytom.jpg.34585368f26c4cfdd3114a80b09720c0.jpg

Najstarsze Slaska

1f56496a447ec67dc5ffb48aa3a27218.png

The second big derby of the season is upon us. This time its at home at the Cicha, Buchala knows it key to show the fans how much the game means to himself and his players. He needs to at least match the commitment to such a match!

919009b2fce19058786cdd98aad8682d.png

1771bae2958ccdd3cf752b653f0402fb.png

Young Bak with his second brace in as many games seals the three points. His first goal is a sublime team move see below. But it was his second goal that brought pandemonium in the stands. A superb derby match that truly lived up to its billing! The win makes it five wins on the spin, remarkable form to be in and only a matter of team before the trophy is delivered.

d302a4a7513fa03cb407e87425b70bee.gif

The conductor is fast becoming a great system. The inverted wing backs are immense for overloading the centre and really helps the ball to be knocked around in neat spaces. The winger on attack is a great source of goals and will be massively involved  in the next full system checks. Everything so far is working but there is still certain things that can be perfected. After all Pep is not known for settling once he finds a certain way to win.

4a86ad080f6f24ec546342d43d5d6177.png

98d37855b077ab7d4a167f5d1d2fc67a.png

A 1-0 win gets the title over the line. The first job ticked off in a huge list of jobs. very pleased to have got the title but more so in how its arrived. Playing football the right way and following the philosophy already at such an early stage. The remaining challenge this year would be can we do it unbeaten?

4c96ee6c76f51c9b6f327e414b44cb9f.png

Money rains down on Ruch, well maybe a little over the top but a huge improvement in budget!

91d7b9006e56233db7d49fa872e91d61.png

8c90ada769c60c013d78f3b4a6bd3f86.png

Buchala never held back, instantly outlaying some of his next season budget on a couple of familiar starts right away. Bak and Kuczera have been instrumental on their respective loan deals and was simply a no brainer to invest and bring both the young men in permanently.

94e0097adbc098aa133189b86cf8004d.png

There you have it! Roland Buchala has guided the former giants to a invincible first season! Not to get carried away, this prestigious club has much loftier ambitions and has had far more to shout about in its remarkable history, however an invincible season at any level takes a great team.

00fb7737365609300dbb5b43d65b9bf3.png

In the end 19 points separated Ruch from the rest, 12 draws isn't good enough in a usual season but when the lost reads zero it tends to be a reasonable trade off. 46+ goal difference is a fine stat for a first season. Solid at the back and goals flowing at the sharp end. Shortly will follow a more in depth analysis of the season.

League Tables Poland

2942a75d30e346766cbf4e8ebaece1fd.png

Good news as Legia or Gornik didn't extend there title numbers. Nothing really spectacular from any upper Silesian teams here if anything Podbeskidzie going down signals a poor season.

3ee8583a1cd90cb6740c492cecd985bf.png

However in the first division GKS Tychy are promoted to the top tier in what looked an incredibly tight title race. which see the Silesian numbers stay the same.

9f31f6b4f5a7575b87dfa3762b3c5e7e.png

In the second division, the upper Silesian capital and local rivals GKS Katowice win the title, and former manager Lukas Bereta's Skra Czestochowa gain promotion which is further boosts the region. Also shows they made a good appointment.

57da5260dfa656bad129c2cd7e808b9e.png

And finally the 3 other teams which won there own third decision and join us in the second division.

Edited by SixPointer

2 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Congratulations on your Undefeated Season!

I have never done it without savescumming, but like @13th ManI am reformed and have been for several years.

Always Interested in Polish Football, looking on from Slovakia!

The 12 draws and the level the football take a bit of shine off it but still a great achievement in the first year. Am more pleased with how we achieved our goal with the style of play tbh.